Pages:
Author

Topic: [CFNP] Mixin Safe - Decentralized Bitcoin Custody Solutions | Review Campaign - page 7. (Read 6628 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1024
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Here my review,

I used IOS 16.5.1 with iPhone 13.

1. First, I have installed Mixin Safe version 0.40.2 which is already in my country.
Look like Mixin safe (android) not already on my country, so if someone here from Indonesia can not received any sms using Indonesia Phone number, Use online phone number such as online-sms.org. I used it and don't have problem so far.

2. Then after Installed Mixin Messenger, I prepare to install Mornin Key, but after I look that application is not free, I going to try TestFlight where I got to try it for free

Both are installed successfully on my phone. all going smoothly without a problem.

I am going through using a mixin-safe site website, where I can log in itu using my phone.

I open https://safe.mixin.zone/login and scan that code on my phone.

In my phone I got Request Authorized which can read all, then I must put my PIN to able login on the website on the PC.

I succesfull login mixn safe website on my PC.

The next step is I have to create a new safe

Select safes button, then write your custom name on the website like below:

Then click next, then I will through to my Mornin Key in my phone to scan the code below.

Here is the picture I scan from my phone:

Here the picture on my PC while I scan it on my phone:

I try to send 0.001 BTC from my own wallet (electrum, received 0.003 payment from the manager yesterday) to Mixin Messenger, here is the process picture below:

how good Mixin Messenger is because they used a bech32 address with a low fee.

After the deposit was confirmed, I received a message from the team mixin if I got 0.001 BTC received on my mixin wallet

All deposit into my wallet is going smoothly without any problem.

I have to upgrade the plan to continue:

I try using Mixin Pay and got a 0.00006 BTC QR Code for payment.

And done, I paid the payment using mixin pay from my phone.

I received new safe approval

I try deposit to safes, but a bit surprised that have a 0.00072 BTC fee, but it's ok, I sent it to my safes.

I received btc only a second, it is going smoothly and I don't have a problem with the deposit so far.

I try sending it back to my Electrum address,

And must approve by 1 threshold member on my phone.

I successfully made all transactions with multisig wallet. All good, I don't have problem, all transation (deposit and withdraw )I made from electrum > mixin > safes > and back again in my electrum.

I try to add contact my friend and send directly link to his phone number and also add my brother's number contact.

If someone here want to add my mixin messager ID, here my number: 41175777

About emergency contact, I don't find it on my phone, maybe because I used testflight or I missing something, I am not sure about it.

This is my 1st-time experience using the multi-sig wallet. Look like fun and interesting to continue this application. So far I don't have a problem with the application, all going smoothly and comfortably for me. But I have a suggestion to the team and developer, If they can make a fee transaction is less than 0.0007 I think will make people come here to try this application.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com

You should at least create a Mixin Safe, make a deposit and send a transaction to make a complete review. ..Click here for user guide..
- Prepare Owner Wallet:  Ledger, Bitcoin Core, Bitbox, Coldcard, Mornin key, etc.
- Prepare Members Wallet: Get Mixin Messenger
- Set Mixin Messenger PIN
- Add Mixin Messenger Contacts: Please ask all safe members to add each other as a contact in Mixin Messenger, including yourself.
- Set Emergency Contact: Please ask all safe members to set an emergency contact in Mixin Messenger, including yourself.
- Sign in Mixin Safe
- Write a constructive review that worth to receive 0.003 BTC of your experience using Mixin Safe.
I think there are no doubt that the above description explains that you need to use Mixin Safe service. Don't post a review without testing the service by yourself. If found you will be asked to refund the payment and you will be banned then tagged.

Someone PMed me this
Hey boss, I'm asking whether I should proceed to test putting some funds into my safe when the network fee is just too expensive? Is it okay if I don't test that or not?
It's just ridiculous even to ask.

Code:
Franctoshi
Rockstarguy
CryptSafe
examplens
Potato Chips
logfiles
You have two days to submit the reviews. Please don't miss the deadline.

Cheers,
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Mixin Safe Review

Bitcointalk username: Bushdark

Preamble Stage
I quickly checked the Mixin Safe websites thinking that it was a new project but I noticed they had been in existence for few years now with there own app having more than 50k downloads which was quite interesting. I noticed that before I create the New Safe account, I  needed to pass through the preparatory stage first to enable me to get ready for the whole process and make it less navigating. I tried testing the 3 options but I find the Mornin key to be more friendly for mobile users since using Ledger or Bitcoin Core looks more advance requireing more of desktop.

Mornin Key
As part of the preparation stage, I quickly follow the link on the Mixin Safe website to download the Mornin Key on Play Store, I noticed that the app was not free costing close to a dollar. I decided to make use of the APK file which was a good option for me to use rather than paying for the Mornin Key app. I quickly created an account with password to prevent unauthorized access to my account. It has friendly and simple interface making it easier option than using Bitcoin Core to create a Mixin Safe account.

Mixin Messenger
Mixin Messenger is a cryptocurrency wallet that support different digital coins and enable users to receive and send coin to and fro. It has a simple interface that enables me to quick scan barcode, navigate to where cryptocurrency are listed to aid easier transaction and also have a room to browse the internet just like other advanced crypto wallets.

I was able to download the Mixin Crypto wallet using the link from the site that took me to Play Store making my experience to be quicky and smooth. I opened that app and I was able to create my own account using my name and a space for phone number was made me wondered why I have to input phone number to continue the registration since I don't like any means of personal data on a crypto wallet. Since there would be need for a number verification to continue the registration, I quickly look for a safe number to complete the verification of the wallet because I believe it's a decentralized wallet with higher security on privacy.

I created my password and I was able to login to my account without stress. I received a welcoming message from the Mixin Messenger  Bot about what the wallet is all about and it was more convincing knowing some of the guidelines and functions of the wallet. One can also create an end-to-end encrypted group, send pictures, videos with other amazing functions just like Whatsapp social media app. Mixin Messenger is a good wallet with a touch of social vibbing ability.

Adding Mixin Messenger Contacts
Adding contacts to the wallet was quite a big challenge because I had to look for people around me that are willing to download the wallet and create an account to add them. Later after the whole process, I knew that one can easily send funds to those on the contact list but I think sending fund should not require a wallet address again since the person is a close contact. I was able to convince friends that was interested to test the wallet and open an account to complete the whole process.

Adding contact using the person's Mixin ID or phone was okay or quicky going through my contacts to see those who are using Mixin is a thumb up for the project team since it enables me to quickly search for those that are using it without bothering to input there numbers.

I decided to also create a group chat adding a contact titled "Review" to see how it will look like. I tested some of the features like voice note, the keyboard and GIF and it was cool, but I could not see any emoji there and I hope the team will add that because it is one of the features I was hoping to test. I saw some GIF for birthda, Love and others although they are not much. Also the option of adding more is also there for those of us that will like to add our own. I also add pictures to check the photo quality if it will reduce the quality to save data but it was okay for me.

Signing in Maxin Safe
After I was done with the preparatory stage, downing the Mornin Key and the Mixin Messenger, Adding pin, creating contacts and setting an emergency contact, I went back the the Mixin Safe website to scan the barcode there using my Mixin Messenger on my mobile. After scanning, it redirected me to where I will created my New Safe to complete the registration. The process was completed after paying a fee of an upgraded plan and funding my account.

I used my system to complete the finally process which was bold enough with every contents in the website much more visible and comprehensive. I was directed to pay a fee upto $2 worth of Bitcoin but I decided to pay more because I don't want a situation where the price of Bitcoin may fluctuate and the worth of Bitcoin I paid is not up to $2 again.

I was surprised that after I paid and it was confirmed, I was asked to claim my remaining balance because the amount I paid was more than the exact fee. It was amazing showing that they have a refund policy on subscription.

I funded my account after I was able to subscribe to see how fast it was and if after multiple transactions what there fee would look like. Although after this review, I have plans of using Mixin Safe because it has a good structure and comprehensive interface.
I was able to find out that there fee is high and I hope the team will do something about it.

I normally get notifications from my Mixin Messenger on all my transactions and things I do on my New Safe account on there website. Using the app was quite an impressive adventure for me learning new things.

Experience
My experience so far was handsome although the initial stage was a pretty confusing when I was about opening a New Safe account. mixin Messenger and the use of Mornin Key was the best option for me because I also tried using Bitcoin Core with Mixin Messenger but I couldn't continue because of some minior error I made. Although that was for me why some persons may prefer Ledger, Bitcoin Core than Mornin Key. The app need some modification interms of network fee and adding more features. Paying more than the fee and getting a refund for excessive payment is amazing.

Conclusion
I think there should be a need for a video description of the steps one need to follow to get to the final stage. This will enhance those who do not know how to get about completing the final stage of creating a New Safe. I noticed there was no way I can reduced the network fee which made it fixed. There should be option to adjust network fee for those who might be ready to wait for a longer time for there transaction to be confirmed.
Activity: 966
Merit: 573
God is great
Bitcointalk username: Rockstarguy

My Review on mixin safe

Actually it wasn't easy for me to download morning key and mixin messenger. The first attempt to make to download the app I was asked to pay some certain amount of money from my ATM card and I made attempt severally but it didn't work, I keep repeating the process for a longtime. Later on I was able to download the app into my mobile phone for free which was very fast, at first it wasn't easy for me because I couldn't get access easily on how to download the app, I think the app should be made available in play store and apple store for people to be able to download it with no difficulty.

mornin key
Creating and activating the mornin key was very easy , I didn't have any issues even in my first time opening the app. From what I saw from the app I think mornin key is not bad when it comes to securing the seed phrase and other important data concerning mixin safe. Its search engine is accurate in search of public keys and username,  mornin key is cool to use for storage of private key and a public key.

mixin messenger
I activated my mixin messenger with a phone number which a verification number was sent to me as test, the verification number that was sent to me gave me access to the app. I was able to add some contacts in my contacts list , but I went through some challenges when activating  emergency contact that can make me retrieve my mobile number if it gets lost which I really want the mixin team to know that their is a need  for improvement.

Emergency contact

Activating the emergency contact to retrieve lost mobile,  in the process of doing this a code will be sent to the first member contact and the second member contact and if the code is not been use quickly it will expire and can't be used again and a code like this can't be generated again. I think even if the  time frame of using a verification code to activate emergency contact expires,  after sometime their should be more  chances of generating another code again to activate the emergency code, but with mixin messenger it only has just a chance to  gain a verification code to activate the emergency contact.

mixin wallet

I deposited some bitcoin worth of $13 in the mixin wallet and without any delay it reflected into the wallet, I also used the mixin wallet to send some amount of Bitcoin to activate my mix safe. After the first transaction I couldn't transfer the balance in the wallet because of the  high charge fee, about $11 of bitcoin is still in the wallet that can't be tampered.  I think the feel is really too high which can be a red flag for people not to fund much amount of Bitcoin.

Conclusion
Preparing the mornin key there was no issue,  everything went smoothly  and I don't see anything wrong about mornin key.  The security aspect of mornin key is excellent and it is doing a nice job by storing data and private key of user. I found the mixin  messenger a bit challenging though, it is challenging when activating members emergency contact,  no minimum limits of getting verification number to activate the emergency contact. Their should be more chances of receiving verification code even if the time expires .

The transaction fee charge is too high , I wish this can be look into by the team because it will scare people away from using the wallet,  because from my experience as Bitcoiner people always want to use a wallet that does not have high transaction fee.the least transaction fee is about $30 which is very high and many won't be able to afford this as transaction fee. This are my only challenges I came across,  but as for security and privacy the idea for money key is not a bad one.

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Bitcointalk username: Husna QA

I started from the "user guide" link about the use of Mixin safe that the OP listed on the first page of the thread.
Several App guides exist on the "Get Started" page to use Mixin Safe.
The order of the guides I see is based on popularity statistics, so the guides will always be random if based on these categories.

My suggestion is for the user guide to be grouped in order based on each App so that new users can focus on guide material suitable for the application they will use.

Here are some steps that I did to try Mixin Safe:

- Mornin Key installation

In the account creation process, after getting the Mnemonic Phrase, I tried to screenshot it, and it worked. In my opinion, the developer (One Mornin Software Solutions Ltd) should use a feature to prevent taking screenshots of the seed phrase display on the Mornin key.

- Mixin Messenger Installation
https://mixin.one/messenger

The iOS version of Mixin Messenger and the MacOS version can be installed on my iPhone and MacBook, but when I wanted to install it on my Android smartphone, it turned out that the application was not available for my country (Indonesia).

Next, I tried registering for Mixin Messenger on my iPhone, but I encountered the problem of not getting the code to log in despite repeated attempts. Finally, I tried emailing [email protected] because some of the solutions listed on https://mixinmessenger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024114492 did not solve my problem. But I was still waiting for a reply from the Mixin team, and after a few hours, there was no reply (Email support is not responsive). I tried to contact Mixin through the chat feature, and there was a reply from Kelly. He provides several solutions as follows:

But from some of these solutions, the code problem has not been resolved, so Mixin will try to contact the SMS operator, and it takes about 3 days:

I can't access Mixin Safe with Mixin Messenger due to the above issues.
If there is already information from Mixin, I will try to update it here. ...

UPDATE I

After waiting a few days, I tried logging into Mixin Messenger again, and this time, the notification code finally appeared so I could open Mixin Messenger (I use a phone number from a cellular provider in Indonesia). Thank you, Mixin team, for your help.

- Test Login to https://safe.mixin.zone/login

After getting the QR code, I tried to scan it using Mixin Messenger; several points on the Request Authorization are all automatically active, 4 of which can be turned off.
I tried to deactivate some of the requested points.

Next is creating a PIN, then confirming several points on the Request Authorization by typing in the previously created PIN.

In the example above, when the four points for authorization are not active, it turns out that I cannot log in at all to Mixin Safe.
So I tried repeating the process by activating all the options. Here are the results:

- Test login to Mixin Messenger Desktop (MacOS)

After scanning the barcode that appears on Mixin Messenger Desktop and entering the PIN code, here are the results:

- Add Mixin Messenger Contacts

The Add Contact option on the Mixin messenger desktop is less than on the smartphone version:

Some of my contacts use Android smartphones, so they likely cannot use Mixin Messenger because it is unavailable in Indonesia. I tried to add the Mixin ID of one of the following users he listed in his post.

A little surprised when I opened My Contact, it turned out that one of my friend's contact numbers was already registered in Mixin, so it was automatically listed in the Mixin Messenger contact list.

- Set Emergency Contact

I tried looking for this feature but didn't find it on Mixin Messenger iOS, I don't know if it's on the Android version, or maybe I missed it.

- Create Mixin Safe using Mornin Key

After previously successfully logging in at https://safe.mixin.zone/, next I tried to create Mixin Safe using the Mornin Key:

I used the Bitcoin Lightning Network payment method for the Standard upgrade option in the Upgrade Plan process.

After the transaction was successful, it turned out that the create button did not appear either, so I refreshed the web browser, but apparently, my account was still not upgraded. Is this a bug?

I tried to chat with Mixin about this, and she promised to check with the dev team up tomorrow:

While waiting for confirmation about the problems with the BTC lightning network payment method, I tried to deposit from my Trezor wallet to my BTC address on Mixin Messenger.
As this was my first deposit, I tried using a small amount first, as instructed on the Mixin wallet. Bitcoin deposit on Mixin was successful after 3 confirmations:

https://btc3.trezor.io/tx/76ec5abc222982a0f245c51f88418939b52a8b19b58909d874d3f8f05655de18

UPDATE II

I tried to ask again about the issue of paying via BTC Lightning (using the Crypto option in the payment method):

While waiting for a solution from Mixin & Mixin Pay (the payment gateway provider), I tried to create a new safe; This time, I used MixPay+ Wallets using BTC as the payment method.

The process is relatively fast, and this time the Create button appears; Here are some screenshots of the process until the new safe can be active:

- Deposit to Safe

The Deposit to Safe process is pretty straightforward, for testing I tried sending from two different wallets:

a. From Trezor Wallet 0.0001 BTC with a fee of 0.00001071 BTC

https://btc5.trezor.io/tx/74aa10df42a9292b4da08cbae04c137c7d479a6456a4c3fa16b359a1f8a902b5

b. From Mixin Wallet 0.0001 BTC and the fee is 0.00024BTC (Quite expensive if for small transactions)

- Send a Transaction

I try to send all the balance in Safe to the Mixin wallet. Here are some of the processes:

Mixin Team's feedback:

Thanks for the solution, 2 pUSD is already in my Mixin Wallet:

Since I have previously created another Safe, and the $2 per year upgrade plan only allows for 1 Safe, I cannot use it for now unless I upgrade to Elite or Prosperity.

Conclusion:

Overall, using Mixin messenger + Mornin Key is quite easy (I haven't tried using Ledger and Bitcoin Core).

Some of the issues I encountered, such as problems with accepting code for login & upgrade plan failure when using BTC lightning payment, finally got a pretty good solution from the Mixin team.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
Bitcointalk username: NotATether

(This review has been prepared a few days ago. It covers the Android app in landscape and portrait mode, funding the multisig wallet from Electrum.)

Review of Mixin Safe Wallet Messenger

TL;DR What is this program? It doubles as a messaging program and a cryptocurrency wallet that is supposed to make it easier for you to send crypto to contacts in your phonebook, assuming they also have Mixin Safe installed. This leads me to believe that this app wants to achieve mass adoption.

I am going to specifically cover the Android app. (Read below about PC and iOS apps.) This is going to be more comprehensive than most of my other reviews due to the sheer size of the program, nevertheless, let's get this under way.

Initialization

First of all, I could not install this on my iPhone as it was (barely!) too old. I heard stories of people getting their phones bricked after upgrading to a really later iOS so that's a no-thanks from me. So I borrowed an Android phone for this demonstration. I'm assuming the interface would be like-for-like with the Android build anyway.

This is the homepage which you can get to after you type in your phone number and stuff. Well, you might ask: "Why must I need a phone number to use a crypto wallet?" I can think of two possible reasons:

• It could be a semi-custodial wallet so it needs some way to identify users (they did say they are using a 2-of-3 multisig and hold one of the keys)
  • It could be for the benefit of identifying to your contacts who is using the app so that they can send cryptocurrency to you
(Apparently, in retrospect, it could also be used for authentication too.)

All in all though, mandatory phone verification was actually something I expected to see only in exchange apps, so that was pretty weird.

Yes, images are blurry - it's not like I was taking these photos from an action camera, but you can just about see enough of the user interface and text to figure out that this is a) the homepage, and b) I have been immediately sent 4 messages by "Team Mixin" after creating the account. Side note though: Why send four messages, when you could include most of that information in one message, with a WWW link (that is not the homepage) where I can read more information?  That would be a better design.

Interface

As you can see in this image, there are three main buttons at the bottom. The one on the left is where you access your wallet - when you first open the app, there is no wallet created, so it nags you to create a wallet.

Here is a screenshot of the create wallet process since I forgot to take a photo of it on the camera:

As you can see, your wallet is not secured by a password or a seed phrase. Instead, it is using a PIN that is sent through Throttled Identity Protocol. (What the hell is Throttled Identity Protocol you ask? Read Appendix A.)

Anyway, the important part is to get an internet connection while you do this because it's going to connect with some servers during the process (using TLS and key hashing I hope).

Then you are asked to enter a PIN which will be your wallet password (where the phone number is your username I guess). But before you enter a dummy PIN, the app will actually stop you from using insecure PINs:

Code:
   private fun validatePin(): Boolean {
        val pin = binding.pin.code()
        if (pin == "123456") {
            toast(R.string.wallet_password_unsafe)
            return false
        }

val numKind = arrayListOf()
        pin.forEach {
            if (!numKind.contains(it)) {
                numKind.add(it)
            }
        }
        if (numKind.size <= 2) {
            toast(R.string.wallet_password_unsafe)
            return false
        }

return true
    }

(Ah yes, how I love having my Java skills in a time like this.)

So basically, you can't use the passwords:

"123456"
Any password that has only one or two digits, such as "111111" or "010101".

However according to this, I advise the developer to blacklist

- consecutive sequences of numbers (not just 123456, but also something like 234567)
- reversed number sequences (i.e. 654321)

In general, PINs are much less secure than passwords because the creative PINs of a particular length are much less than the creative ASCII passwords of an equivalent length. Developer should also add password support.

You must enter the PIN four times because Mixin really doesn't want you to forget the PIN. But I don't really find that effective, because all those entries are happening at one point in time. It is better to copy Telegram in this regard which displays a "Do you still remember your password?" notification where you can enter the password while logged in to see if you still remember it - and if not, change it immediately.

Here is a very uneventful screen while we wait for the TIP keys to be created from the passcode:

Periodically, you will be asked to enter this PIN at seemingly random times. Must be a protocol thing (See Appendix A).

Wallet

Now that we have created a Mixin wallet, we can access our assets and see the almost 40 OG coins and shitcoins listed in your portfolio!

(Click to expand images)

Making the list:

• Bitcoin
  • Ethereum
  • Litecoin
  • BOTH BNB tokens
  • Bitcoin Cash
  • Monero
  • Craig Wrong's coin (who shall not be named)
  • Dash
  • ZCash
  • Solana
  • Kusama (whatever that is)
  • ETH Classic
  • Decred
  • Avalanche
  • Cosmos
  • Horizen
  • Aptos (what?)
  • Arweave (what?)
  • Polkadot
  • Filecoin
  • Namecoin
  • NEAR protocol
  • Toncoin (read carefully: Toncoin not Tron)
  • Tezos
  • EOS
  • Polygon (aka MATIC)
  • XRP
  • Mobilecoin (whatever that is)
  • Akash Network (god these coins have weird names)
  • Stellar Lumens
  • Algorand
  • Tron
  • Dogecoin (says something about DOGE's usefulness being placed so down the list)
  • Ravencoin
  • Handshake (never heard of it)
  • Siacoin (see above)
  • Nervos CKByte (see above)

In addition, it supports most token chains such as ERC20, BEP20, BEP-2 (Binance is so messed up for having two different yet similarly sounding chains), TRC-20, TRC-10. Layer 2 networks such as Liquid, Lightning, etc. are not supported.

Coin receive addresses are generated when you click on the coin for the first time.

(Honestly I think half of these coins would be called securities by Gary Gensler and the other half his SEC agency would have no clue what to call them  Grin)

You can send or receive coins from each address, but you have to add the address into the app in order to use it, so it may not be ideal if your addresses mainly consist of those from Coinpayments, Coinbase Commerce, BitPay, and exchange deposit addresses.

(Memo is a blockchain thing and is only required for such obscure coins like EOS and Stellar and can be safely turned off for almost everything else).

You can also send coins to other Mixin contacts, and hide coins that you will never use. For most people reading this, that's usually the bottom 90% of this list.

Transactions

Originally, I did not have this section included, but sending and receiving a transaction is required so here it goes.

Receiving transactions in particular is straightforward. There's a giant modal with address and QR code for each coin which you can just copy or send to another device to make a transaction. I have made a $30 transaction in BTC inside debbe87a68398075a2be41eb109f49bfc741c4e355f7bbbe42836d7f96dee05a to address bc1qdltcmdt7xlpm4c0p2gku9rdl74vthf5cjm8q24 (I don't know if you can verify addresses as being from Mixin, but here we go:)

I have two transactions listed here, because one is the RBF of another, and both are displayed here for some reason. Nevertheless, you can see that the more recent transaction has already been included in a block, while the older one should fall off over time as the blockchain nodes become full.

Sending coins is a bit of a hassle though, and actually has me a bit pissed (after all, you don't always deposit $30 to test a service). You are required to enter your PIN to add an address - not just when you are sending money. Why? Also, I got (supposedly) locked out for 24 hours trying to add an address with a label "Mr. X", despite remembering my PIN and entering it correctly. Or at least that's what the app claims happened, because after removing all the special characters and numbers/uppercase letters from the label, I was able to successfully add an address just a few minutes later. Anyways, its very inconsistent.

The actual error message says something like: "You will be locked out for 24 hours. 5 tries remaining" which I interpreted as being locked out now and after 5 more tries you get permanently locked out like a phone. Anyway, quite inaccurate message.

So now finally I can send the coins back to my address. But there is a massive, fixed 0.0004BTC "withdrawal fee" for bitcoin that feels more like tax (the 0.004BTC was not part of the measly 21 sats/vbyte transaction fee) and makes Ethereum look cheap by comparison (again, why? BRC20 congestion isn't as bad anymore). How come fees cannot be customized if this is a semi-custodial wallet?

Full documentation of the circus that is the current receiving process:

QR Scanner

Going back to the main menu, the button in the middle is for scanning QR codes. These could be addresses, transaction invoices, or things like logging in to the desktop client.

(Unfortunately, I forgot to link up the app with a desktop wallet, so that is why I could not review the desktop wallet. Sorry!)

Speaking of which, the desktop app, before you scan its code, is just a blank page with a QR code on it. I think, if its practical, there should be a second box below the QR code, displaying the contents of the QR code for you to type into the mobile app. That way, it can function on phones that have the camera disabled for security reasons (Edward Snowden), and possibly in the future, even hardware wallets that pick up on the protocol. (perhaps place a checksum at the end just like with bitcoin addresses). More on this below.

It seems that there is no support for linking hardware wallets with this app, which I think is a shame, because if would've been fantastic for hardware wallet holders to be able to use their devices along side an open-source multi-currency wallet.

"Bots"

For some reason, this is the name of the rightmost button on the main menu. It looks like this:

So this looks like we got ourselves the first two buttons (why?), a camera, and what is presumably a circle for each contact (for me, not wanting to add any contacts, I just see the circle for "Team Mixin").

I'm going to assume that the camera is for taking pictures to send to contacts? Because it really doesn't have a use for the wallet when the QR scanner exists.

Anyway, this is what you get when you open a contact:

And here is me adding random contacts and group chats (just to show that these features work as intended):

By the way, if you uninstall the app, it saves the wallet and stuff so that's nice. It also gives you the option to restore chat history from the local device or another device.

Full contents messages from "Team Mixin":

Welcome to Mixin Messenger,

This is the support bot, and ready to help whenever you need it. Some quick features list:

1. Everything, including text, audio, photo, and so on, is end-to-end encrypted with Signal protocol.
2. Mixin Messenger allows you to make end-to-end encrypted group audio call with up to 16 people.
3. The built-in wallet makes it easier to transfer many popular cryptocurrencies with your contacts.

Best,
Team Mixin
Mixin Messenger's Guidelines

Welcome to use Mixin Messenger and enjoy end-to-end encrypted chat featuring a full-cryptocurrency wallet.

Secure: decentralized wallet
Instant: Confirm finality less than 1 second
Free: No transfer fees
Easy to use: manage assets with a 6-digit pin, making transfers by contacts
Diverse: Support 36 public chains such as BTC, EOS, ETH, XMR, and more than 100,000 tokens.

Help documents

How to use Bots?
Please read How to use Bots on Mixin Messenger?
How to deposit?
Please read How to deposit?
How to use credit cards to buy USDT, USDC, and DAI?
You could add Mixin Wallet
How to trade cryptos?
Several third-party bots provide trading services, such as MixSwap (similer to 1inch), 4swap (similar to Uniswap), or ExinOne (connects with Binance and Huobi exchange, working as an intermediary agent).
Find people to talk with?
Welcome to join supergroups such as Mixin English, FOX.ONE English.
Mixin Network's public data
Please add Mixin Data and tap the bot icon to check.
More useful bots
Please add Mixin Bots that collects the frequently used app on Mixin Messenger.
Need help?
Please leave a message to Team Mixin, and the support team will help you.

It turns out the other two messages are duplicates of the first two messages quoted here, so they will not be reposted again.

Speaking of which, with all these services, I wonder how Mixin makes money?

Profile and Settings

One more time, lets go back to the main menu, and this time click on the top-right avatar. There, you can see your profile, with options to add a contact or start a new group chat (as well as to receive money by sharing a Mixin QR code).

Now when you click on the gear, you get taken to the settings page. Here are a bunch of settings which I think you will find self-explanatory:

(Click to expand images)

Multisig

Let's be honest, I expected the 2-of-3 multisignature to be: 2 keys held by the user and 1 by Mixin - trustedcoin does something like that for Electrum. (After all, you can't view private keys or seeds yourself). Nowhere in the app did I see any information about creating a multisig or using it in any capacity, which left me kind of disappointed as multisig was one of the things that was advertised on the website. Although later I did get a message from the developer which read that the multisig is actually used internally by Mixin servers when you send a transaction - so that's something, but it doesn't feel like a multisig in the sense that I have multiple devices and signatures hooked up to the wallet. An attacker can still wipe you out if they have your PIN.

Certainly, in a single-user wallet, I am not going to be adding people as co-signers for any kind of multisig wallet anyway. But the emergency recover feature looks cool - it's worth noting that I myself don't have a use case for it - though I have fears this might be abused like a password reset.

Some other people here are downloading multisig / auth apps for this purpose, but I decided not to go down that route. After all, if you want to distribute some of the keys to other wallets, it would be more economical to support the hardware and software wallet integrations instead. Maybe the desktop app supports it (I don't know), but Android doesn't seem to support it.

Edit: It seems that multisig is only available on desktop / web.

Verdict, and Thoughts

I cannot see myself using this wallet for BTC. But maybe the other coins have lower fees so I don't know. It certainly looks more reputable than some of the other wallets out there (Atomic FTW!). The procedure for adding addresses is cumbersome and downright annoying at times, there is no fee customizer (I have no idea why they are taking 0.004BTC if it's not for a transaction fee - If they are trying to do the TrustedCoin business model then that is way too much)

And above all there's no reason to have a mobile-only app when you can make the desktop app support mobile phone login with phone numbers of any SIM card in a telephone. It's not like the app is using the secure device storage for storing private keys anyway. And even if it is, AES-256-CBC is more than a match for storing the local private key.

I never store cryptocurrency on mobile phones for any reason, so I'd regard this as an important issue. But when we ignore the chatting features, camera, messaging, the whole bot ecosystem, etc., this is a solid wallet (again, with the exception of the "withdrawal fee") being used and protected by the decentralized TIP protocol. We just need assurances & proof that the node software being used for TIP cannot be compromised - something more than one crypto hacker would like to do.

And in the end, I think this is exactly what's needed - a wallet. Support for hardware wallets and Layer 2 networks would definitely help.

That is why I don't think it's a good idea to leave the Windows/Mac/Linux desktop application as a dud, it should be useful out of the box without the need for a mobile app. (Just TIP phone number log-in plus PIN and you should be all set.) Mass adoption can only happen when you facilitate it.

Appendix A: Throttled Identity Protocol (TIP)

I checked out the website and found that this solution is developed by none other than our resident Mixin boss, so I'll let the page do most of the talking.

TL;DR - using custom authentication servers, users can give a service provider something like an email address or some other unique identification for themselves, set a password, which is used with the username in a bunch of HMAC hashing to generate one of the parts of a multisignature key (m-of-n). Only after m of these are generated (which could be exact duplicates I guess??) can you create a signature that doubles as an "authentication success token" which is just a bunch of bytes you can use to derive a private key, a seed phrase, etc. from.

Throttled Identity Protocol
Throttled Identity Protocol (TIP) is a decentralized key derivation protocol, which allows people to obtain a strong secret key through a very simple passphrase, e.g. a six-digit PIN.
Mission and Overview
Along with the rising of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, the saying "not your keys, not your coins" has become well-known. That's true, very true and definitely true, that's the right and freedom Bitcoin has given people. Whoever can access the key can move the money, and nobody without the key is able to do that.
That said it's better to manage your own Bitcoin private key than let your coins lie in some centralized exchanges. However, it's admitted that key management requires superior skills, which most people lack. And the result is people who own their keys lose the coins permanently due to various accidents, and those who opened a Coinbase account years ago can still get back their assets easily.
The embarrassing result doesn't prove the security of centralized exchanges, yet exposes the drawbacks of key management. The key grants people the right to truly own their properties, but people lose money due to poor key management skills. People should not be blamed for that, it's the problem of the key itself.
Bitcoin gives people the right and freedom to own their properties, and people deserve the convenience to manage their keys. Current private key or mnemonic phrase designs are over-complicated for people to keep properly. Instead of fearing the corruption of centralized financial institutions, people become slaves of the private key.
It's what TIP strives to do. Let people truly own their coins with a six-digit PIN. This decentralized PIN is easy to remember for any person, doesn't require any special skills or hardware, and people can manage their coins with more confidence than ever.
Protocol Design
TIP involves three independent parties to make the protocol work. A decentralized signer network authenticates signing requests from the user, and throttles malicious attempts; A trusted account manager serves the user an identity seed, which typically authenticates the user by email or phone verification code; The user remembers a PIN and combines the identity seed from the account manager, then makes independent requests to enough signer network nodes, and finally derives their secret key.

Decentralized Network Setup
The decentralized signer network is launched cooperatively by many different entities. Specifically, those entities gather and reach a consensus to run some node software, those nodes interactively run a distributed key generation protocol. For TIP, the DKG is threshold Boneh-Lynn-Shacham (BLS) signatures.
Assuming n entities agree to launch the network, they generate an asymmetric key pair respectively and configure their node software to include all the entities' public keys in a deterministic order. Then they boot the nodes to run a t-of-n (where t=n * 2 / 3 + 1) DKG protocol to set up a collective public key P and private key shares si respectively.
After the DKG protocol finishes, all entities should share the public key P to ensure they hold the same one, keep their private key shares si cautiously, and should make professional backups.
Finally, all entities should boot their node software to accept throttled signing requests from users. And again, they should safeguard the node servers and defend against all malicious attacks.
This repository includes an implementation of the signer node software, for instructions please see the signer directory.
Throttled Secret Derivation
The network announces the configuration and signers list to the public or potential users and waits for signing requests. Each signer should throttle the requests based on the same restrictions.

• Identity. This is the base factor for all restrictions, the identity should be a valid BLS public key, and a user should use the same identity for all signers. The signer checks the request and verifies the request signature against the public key, and the signer must reduce the request quota of this identity for any invalid signature.

• Ephemeral. This parameter is a different random value for each signer but should remain unchanged for the same signer during the ephemeral grace period. If the ephemeral changes during the grace period, the signer must reduce the ephemeral requests quota of this identity.

• Nonce. For each signing request, the user should increase the nonce during the ephemeral grace period. If the nonce is invalid during the grace period, the signer must reduce the ephemeral requests quota of this identity.

After the signing request passes all throttle checks, the signer responds back a part of the t-of-n threshold BLS signature by signing the identity. Whenever the user collects t valid partials, they can recover the final collective signature and verify it with the collective public key.
The final collective signature is the seed to the secret key of the user. Then it's up to the user to use different algorithms to generate their private key for Bitcoin or other usages. It doesn't need any further requests to use this secret key, and in case of a loss, the user can recover it by making the same requests.
For details of the throttle restrictions, please see the keeper directory.
Threshold Identity Generation
The mission of TIP network is to let people truly own their coins by only remembering a 6-digit PIN, so they should not have the duty to store identity, ephemeral or nonce. They are capable of achieving this goal through the threshold identity generation process with the help from the trusted account manager.

• User authenticates themself with a trusted account manager through email or phone verification code, and the manager responds with the identity seed Si.

• User chooses a very slow hash function Hs, e.g. argon2id, and generates the identity I=Hs(PIN || Si).

• User generates a random ephemeral seed Se, and stores the seed on its device securely.

• For each signer i in the network with public key Pi, user generates the ephemeral ei=Hs(I || Se || Pi).

• User sends signing requests (I, ei, nonce, grace) to each signer i and gathers enough partial signatures, then recover the final collective signature.

• User must repeat the process every a while to refresh the ephemeral grace period.
The identity seed should prohibit all impersonation, the on-device random ephemeral seed should prevent the account manager collude with some signer, and the ephemeral grace period allows the user to recover its secret key when the device is lost.
Furthermore, the user can make their threshold identity generation more secure by cooperating with another user to combine their identity to increase the entropy especially when the account manager manages lots of identities.
And finally, the user can just back up his seeds like any traditional key management process, and this backup is considered more secure against loss or theft.
Network Evolution
Once the decentralized signer network is launched, its signers should remain constant, no new entity is permitted to join the signers or replace an old signer because the DKG protocol remains valid only when all shares remain unchanged. But people need the network to become stronger, and that requires more entities to join the network. So TIP allows network evolution.
Whenever a new entity is accepted to the network, either replacing an old signer or joining as a new one, an evolution happens. Indeed, an evolution starts a fresh DKG protocol in the same process as the previous evolution, but with different signers, thus resulting in absolutely different shares for each signer. It's noted that an entity leaving the network doesn't result in any evolution, because the remaining shares can still serve requests.
In a new evolution, all signers should reference the number and the hash of the signer list from the previous evolution. After a new evolution starts, the previous evolution still works. For each signer in the new evolution, if it is a signer of the previous evolution, it must maintain its availability to serve signing requests to the previous evolution, otherwise it should be punished.
Any user requests for the throttled secret derivation should include the evolution number to get the correct signature. And in any case of network changes, the user is assured of their key security due to various backups discussed in previous sections.
Incentive and Punishment
The code doesn't include any incentive or punishment for the entities running the signer node software. It's up to their consensus on their mission, either to serve their customers a better user experience, or charge a small key signing request fee, or they could make some tokens to do community development.
Security
All the cryptography libraries used in this repository are being developed and used by industry-leading institutions, notably the drand project and its league of entropy that includes Cloudflare, EPFL, Kudelski Security, Protocol Labs, Celo, UCL, and UIUC.
The code has been audited by Certik, and the audit report can be found at https://github.com/MixinNetwork/audits.
Contribution
The project doesn't accept feature requests and welcomes all security improvement contributions. Shall you find any security issues, please email [email protected] before any public disclosures or pull requests.
The core team highly values the contributions and provides at most a $100K bounty for any vulnerability report according to the severity.
Code and License
The TIP implementation https://github.com/MixinNetwork/tip is released under Apache 2.0 license.

Appendix B: Mixin Safe Web Wallet

Today on 2023-07-25, I decided to link my mobile wallet with the web wallet.

Things went predictably well enough at first:

OK, so as you can see, the integration had succeeded, and I was able to access the web interface, which looks like this:

Not bad, actually. Good user interface.

So I went to create a multisig Safe that everyone was talking about. Now the only options so far are Mornin Key, Ledger, and Bitcoin Core. As I do not own a Ledger and was unwilling to fiddle around with more apps on the phone, I just chose Bitcoin Core as I happen to have a node running. So after following the instructions in the Bitcoin Core guide:

I was baffled with the last screen, which asked me to pay money in order to create my first Safe. Maybe this was because I already had a wallet on the mobile app or something equivalent. But either way, I had already burned money in order to test the transaction deposit and withdraw feature, so I wasn't willing to send more money to Mixin to create the Safe.

My recommendation is to eliminate the Standard plan and merge it with the Free plan (or "No plan" as it is called on the website), because as it stands, if you don't buy a plan, you cannot create a safe, and network fees of Mixin presumably already go to the Mixin organization (right?) so the $2/month (apparently it's $2/year according to the quote in the OP - that's even worse from a financial perspective, and I strongly suggest making the prices on a monthly count in order to become profitable) will only generate a tiny amount of revenue for Mixin, and won't pay for much even if 1000 users signed up for the plan. It reminds me of those $0.99 and $1.99/month subscription plans for App Store apps that similarly struggle to pay the developer due to lack of users.

I also recommend Mixin team reads this: https://www.entrepreneur.com/money-finance/an-entrepreneurs-guide-to-startup-pricing-strategies/428342 and add more features to the higher two paid plans in order to incite users into buying those instead. Locking certain features to the paid plans works tremendously well in this case, as well as extending the premium features to include stuff in the mobile app. Some examples from other companies e.g. Twitter:

- Imposing a message size limit, multimedia size limit, or recent messages limit
- Limiting the number of group chats and contacts you can add
- Restricting the use of certain assets in wallets to paid plans
- Restricting the use of certain multisig software e.g. hardware wallets for creating the Safe to the paid plans
- Allow certain kinds of assets e.g. NFTs to be transferred to the Safe only in paid plans
- Remodel the highest plan to make it suitable for businesses - businesses have huge amounts of money and if you give them phone support, and a suite of features needed by businesses, it can generate you a ton of revenue, as in 5, 6, or even 7 digits monthly if the service gains traction. Also, advertise to businesses directly, as companies are notoriously bad at keeping people's crypto safe from hacks. This will give you some immediate revenue to start with.
- Or even (at the risk of making an unpopular suggestion) making the free plan ad-supported but vet the ads that you display just like Bitcointalk used to do.

A person who genuinely depends on your service - as opposed to the casual user who just wants a look around - will definitely subscribe to one of the paid plans. So if you develop more products and solutions that utilize Multisig and offer them to this paying class, they will be more likely to buy them.

There are probably more ways to make the premium plans more attractive and viable, which I encourage you to explore. But ultimately, being around people who make startups and all that, I just don't find the $2 pricing plan financially viable for you.

(But in the unlikely event that you decide to keep the current pricing [which I do not recommend for the reasons above], you should display the pricing modal in place of the dashboard when the user signs in, not when the user has almost finished creating a Safe.)

Appendix C: Using the safe with Bitcoin Core
(Or, how to shoot yourself in the foot with a BB gun)

2023-07-27, I decided to see what happens when you pay for the plan. As expected, the payment was processed, and there were actually some further instructions involving signing/verifying the safe from Bitcoin Core. Presumably to make sure the whole thing works.

Here I'd like to point out something wrong with the documentation - it assumes that Bitcoin Core decodescript RPC will return the multisig timelock script as the Segwit descriptor. However, this is not the case for some versions of Core, which return an address descriptor instead.

In the case where there is only one user added to the Safe, there's going to be the 2-of-3 multisig which looks like this:

Code:
wsh(thresh(2,pk(AAAA),s:pk(BBBB),sj:and_v(v:pk(CCCC),n:older(DDDD))))

The ASM output is always correct though. In my case, it's:

Code:
"asm": "02ec372c4b6d6a6fc0964e07dd48448bc84921469fbfdc4c522da90f3a6b954fe9 OP_CHECKSIG OP_SWAP 03d64177a393989c5ff9c8603df421e2890d03913f1e1e5e7948b63f7e136a57d1 OP_CHECKSIG OP_ADD OP_SWAP OP_SIZE OP_0NOTEQUAL OP_IF 02d84f36931c6138f1825a49c29f5c4d9af9524ca795e133b8cfc65a01acd77c9a OP_CHECKSIGVERIFY 432 OP_CHECKSEQUENCEVERIFY OP_0NOTEQUAL OP_ENDIF OP_ADD 2 OP_EQUAL"

The placeholders are:

AAAA is the first key (in my case, 02ec372c4b6d6a6fc0964e07dd48448bc84921469fbfdc4c522da90f3a6b954fe9)
BBBB is the second key (03d64177a393989c5ff9c8603df421e2890d03913f1e1e5e7948b63f7e136a57d1)
CCCC is the third key (02d84f36931c6138f1825a49c29f5c4d9af9524ca795e133b8cfc65a01acd77c9a)
DDDD is where you put the timelock value (432)

Once you've done that, you should pass the descriptor as input to bitcoin-cli getdescriptorinfo to get the full descriptor with checksum.

Hopefully this will help someone make the safe even if Bitcoin Core changes the output format. Then you can follow the rest of the steps as according to the guide.

When the Safe is created, you can make a deposit or a transaction. Depositing the transaction is very simple, but you have to deposit at least 0.0001BTC. Making a transaction is, as expected, much more involved, and any of the Safe members or the Owner (the person who owns the other wallet, be it Bitcoin Core, Ledger or something else) can approve or reject the transcaction. The owner must always approve the transaction.

When I had my only member account of the safe approve the transaction, it asked me to scan a QR code because these things must be approved via the mobile app by typing a PIN. The Owner, on the other hand, must make a partially signed order to make the final approval

If only.

For some reason, I have my private key, and the script wallet, and the PSBT decoded shows the correct set of keys, but the PSBT is not signing at all!

So, do not create safes with Bitcoin Core until the devs make the instructions fool-proof, or you could lose your coins.
legendary
@AnonBitCoiner, I moved you from Batch#5 to Batch#3

@Cryptomultiplier, removed you as requested.

I am regularly deleting posts which are not related to dropping application and posting review. Please follow this rule even if you need to withdraw an application please post it on the other topic, not here.

Batch#2 payment sent. Members we have in Batch#2 are:
Code:
Unknown Op Full Member
MFahad Hero Member
TryNinja Legendary
TheSpiral Full Member
electronicash Legendary
iwantmyhomepaidwithbtc2 Sr Member
blue Snow Hero Member
Jateng Full Member
SamReomo Sr Member
Latviand Full Member
Avirunes Legendary
Faisal2202 Sr Member
LDL Sr Member
Agbe Hero Member
Eternad Hero Member
Husna QA Legendary
NotATether Legendary
Gianluca95 Legendary
ScamViruS Hero Member
jamyr Sr Member
Deadline for you to post your review is 31/07/2023.
Please read the note is red font just under that table for Batch#2

Looking forward to some great reviews.

Batch#1, you are doing well. Please those who still haven't submit your review yet, submit it before 26th 23:59 UTC.

Cheers,

As always, please ..Click here.. to view the spreadsheet.
Activity: 532
Merit: 508
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
Bitcointalk username:

1. (Mobile App) MIXIN CRYPTO WALLET/MESSENGER

Download and installation: downloading the Mixin crypto wallet/messenger app from the Play Store was so fast, it never took up to 2 minute before the app was downloaded, and the app space is just 43.26 MB, which is not too large.
I created my account by first adding my mobile number, and a four-digit code was sent through SMS to confirm my account.

Creating the mixing wallet: creating the mixing wallet was simple because I just had to continue and select a six-digit password key.

Creating a six-digit pin: after selecting a six-digit pin, pin confirmation was repeated five times before it was successful.

Wallet was successfully and easily created without stress; this is what anyone can do without finding it difficult as long as they have downloaded the app.

(Bot)Team Mixin warm welcome and brife introductory message: On accessing the App, the first message I got was from the Mixin team bot, welcoming me and giving a few guidelines on how the Mixin wallet works.

Commentary: I can say that this is a very good and informative introduction that can be of help.

Observation: I sent a few messages to the bot on 20th July, but it never replied to any, which makes me think that the bot is not very active. I have asked questions to the bots of other platforms, and they really did provide a quick reply, but the Mixin Team bot never did. Suprisenly,  there was a reply to my question on the 21th of July. I suggest that the mixin team should work on the bot so it can provide a quick answer to questions.

Adding Contacts:
In order to test how well the contacts adding works with carrying out transactions on the mixin safe, I contacted a few of my trusted friends to download the mixin app and give me their mixin ID, which they did, and I added them as my contacts on Messenger.

ADDING EMERGENCY CONTACT:

I also added three users to my emergency contact list.
A user can be added as your contact, but without adding them to your emergency contact list, you can't also add them as signatories to the mixin safe. To add an emergency contact, you need them (your selected contact) to receive a 4-digit code, which you will need to confirm, and they will need to agree to be added to your emergency contact list before you do so.

OBSERVATION: I discovered that it's possible for you to add a user as your contact, and both of you can communicate through the chart, but before you can add a user to your "emergency contact," that user must also have you in their contact list; otherwise, they will not receive the 4-digit confirmation code that allows you to successfully add them to emergency contact.

COMMENTARY: This is really a good and transparent feature that makes sure you and your contact are in agreement 🤝 before adding them to emergency contact so they can confirm your transaction before it's successfu.

My three emergency contacts were successfully added without any difficulty, and this is what any internet sufferer can easily do too. The Mixin Mobile app is very easy to use.

FUNDING MY MIXIN WALLET
:
I sent some BTC to my Mixin wallet, and after three network confirmations, it successfully arrived in my wallet, and I was also notified through the Mixin team bot.

WITHDRAWAL FROM MIXIN WALLET
I initiated a withdrawal from my Mixin wallet to my mixin safe Bitcoin address, but the transaction fee on the Mixin wallet is so high—about $16 worth of Bitcoin. I tried the inter-tramsfers option and sent some Bitcoin to one of my contacts, and he confirmed to have received it so fast, and I was not charged any fee for the internal transfer to another Mixin user.

Taking screenshot is not allowed, so I Snape it wit another phone.

I sent BTC to a mixin UID with Zero fee and the user sent it back to me, still with zero fee.

Commentary: I love the fact that the internal transfer of funds on the Mixin wallet messenger is free and fast, but the withdrawal fee for chain transfer (to another BTC address) is so high.  I suggest that the Mixin team should reduce the withdrawal transaction fee, because, definitely, after sending some funds to the Mixin wallet, if the user wants to withdraw to a CEX or DEX, they will really be frightened by the fee.

2. TEXTING MIXIN SAFE

After downloading the Mixin Messenger Mobile app from the Play Store and creating my account, which was very easy with four contacts added and three contacts added as emergency contacts, to connect the messager to my Mixin safe, I had to scan the Mixin QR code from another device, which never took more than 30 seconds before it was successfully connected and I was logged in.

Complement: There was really no difficulty in downloading the Mixin Messenger Mobile app and connecting it to my Mixin Safe; it was an efficient process that anyone can do without any difficulty unless the challenge they face is from their own end.

CREATING NEW SAFE:

Creating the mixing safe has 4 stage as discussed Below.

Owner:: I decided to use the Mornin Key Mobile app as my private wallet key to control my mixin safe transactions, and I had to also use the Mornin app to scan the QR code displayed on my monitor. From the first stage of "creating a new safe," it quickly connected within less than 10 seconds. Which showed approval on the morning app and was also successful on the mixin safe. I clicked on Next, which quickly took me to the next stage of adding members:

Members::: I had to add the three contacts from my saved emergency contacts. On the threshold,
I only approved two contacts to confirm my transaction any time I signed any transaction. After then, the summary stage follows.

Summery: It shows all the details for my created safe, and the next stage is to ungrade my plans before I will be allowed to sign any transaction through my safe.

Upgrade: I upgraded my safe with the "Standard plan," which cost about $2 p.a. My method of payment was through "Mixpay+ wallets," for which I had to fund my Mixin wallet and scan the QR code of the Mixpay+ wallet. The transaction was quickly approved.

Commentary: The payment for upgrading the mixing safe is very fast using the "Mixpay+ wallet". There are also three different plans to select from. This feature is really cool, as one can choose the particular plan they want to upgrade to.

Active Mixing Safe:

After successfully upgrading my mixin safe to the standard plan, I waited a few hours before the safe was finally active.

Suggestions: Every other process and confirmation was smooth and efficient, but it really took more than 2 hours before the safe was finally active. The Mixin team should please look into what could be the cause of the delay.

FUNDING MY MIXIN SAFE:
I succefully funded my mixin safe with 0.000151 Bitcoin.

SIGNING A TRANSACTION ON MY MIXIN SAFE:
 After depositing some Bitcoin to my mixin safe, I also tried to withdraw it back to my wallet with a few steps. First, I initiated a new transaction and imputed the amount of Bitcoin I wanted to withdraw, and I was asked to scan a QR code with my Mixin Messenger before my added contacts could confirm the transaction. Then I contacted my two friends to confirm my transaction, which they did. After they did, I lastly had to also confirm the transaction with my mornin key App.
  Image of the steps are serially arranged bellow.

CONCLUSION:
 This review process was successfully carried out by me, Dr. Bitcoin Strange, starting on the 20th of July 2023 until today of submitting my feedback on the review. During the process of this review, I used two different mobile phones and a desktop, and I can say that the mixin safe is good with its top feature that allows you to add a few of your trusted friends to confirm your transaction while they can't withdraw from your safe.
Activity: 812
Merit: 725
Bitcointalk username: Hyphen(-)
MY REVIEW

Considering the recommended ways to set up owners wallet in the mixin safe platform, I found the use of Mornin key easier and affordable for me, and therefore I used Mornin key apk to set my mixin safe wallet.

Installation of Mornin key and Mixin messenger.

While trying to use my app store to download the Mornin Key application, a fee was required before downloading the application. Going back to the guide provided for the review on the review page, I found another means of getting the application for free using the TestFlight app. I downloaded the TestFlight app through the link provided in the guide, and installation of the Mornin Key app went smoothly.

The Mixin Messenger application was successfully downloaded without any issue through the official link provided in the guide.

Mornin Key signup
After successfully downloading the Mornin Key application, I signed up by creating my own wallet. A six-digit code was requested to be set for security and data protection, and a seed phrase was given for future wallet claims. I set the pin, wrote down my seed phrase in a safe place for my wallet backup, and then provided the seed phrase for wallet approval.

Mixin Messenger signup
After successfully downloading the Messenger application from the app store, I signed up using my phone number; a verification code was sent to the number immediately, and after typing in the four-digit numbers, the messenger requested that I set a six-digit code. After I did that, that was all; then a chat bot (Team Mixin) sent me a welcome message and some guidelines.

Getting started on Mixin safe/ setting Owner Wallet
After setting my Mornin key wallet and the Mixin messenger, the Mixin safe website requested me to scan a QR code with my Mornin key

After scanning the QR code, I successfully logged in, which is a very good step for the Mixin service. I further created a Mixin safe account using the Bitcoin Network. There is a request to scan a QR code to prove my ownership. I opened my Mornin key, scanned the code, and a Bitcoin wallet address was generated for my safe account for my Bitcoin deposit. Likely, the address showed up in my Mornin key wallet.

Payment of 2 USDT to upgrade to standard plan
To upgrade to at least a standard plan, payment of almost 2 USDT was require to upgrade to a standard plan in order to have access to
Create 1 Safe
Send 1 free transaction
Up to 3 members
Paid recovery and inheritance
Free email and chat support
There are various payment methods available, which look very impressive. I chose the USDT TRC 20 network because of their low transaction fee, and I initiated payment, which was very fast.

I deposited 3.98USDT, and there is an option to get refund, but it is a small amount that is why I didn't care to get my refund.

Deposit and Withdrawal

Since I chose the Bitcoin network, I transferred 0.0005 BTC from my electrum wallet to my Mixin safe Bitcoin wallet. The deposit went through without a hitch since as soon as the transaction was completed, I received information from my Mixin Messenger that I had received a deposit of 0.0005 BTC.

After receiving the deposit, the home page changes to show the balance available in the Mixin safe wallet

Withdrawal process.
The withdrawal process went as well as expected; I had no network troubles when completing my transaction.

When I requested a withdrawal, a page appeared asking for my receiving address and the amount of Bitcoin I was transferring to the address, with a minimum of 0.0001 BTC. After entering the amount of BTC I wanted to withdraw, I was asked to scan a QR code for member approval using the Mixin messenger and the owner's approval using the Mornin key, and then I accepted the transaction in the Mixin safe to complete it.
Without any delay, I received the bitcoin in my electrum wallet.

Conclusions and Recommendations

Conclusion
After going through the complete Mixin process, I must conclude that the Mixin safe platform is well-organized, and the multi-signature withdrawal mechanism is excellent because it demonstrates that our assets are entirely protected and can never be taken without our consent.
Furthermore, the Mixin Messenger is important since it keeps us informed of everything that is going on in the Mixin safe, whether it is a deposit or withdrawal request.

The overall procedure was really smooth, the site is user-friendly, and the guide provided is very important in order to have a perfect secure transaction on the Mixin safe platform.

Recommendations
First of all, the idea of using a phone number to sign up for Messenger is not a good idea for security reasons, especially as it is a Mixing platform that intends to protect our privacy; a mail address should have been a better option.

If possible, a user should be automatically logged out once he is out of the Mixin Safe platform for security reasons, so that there will be a request for a password whenever a user wants to have access to their Mixin Safe accounts, even though I know that Mornin keys and Mixin Messenger confirmations are needed to withdraw any funds.
Activity: 560
Merit: 143
Active 24/7
My Review

Please bear with me as i will do more of writing than showing images.
After clicking the yellow inked link to the user's guide, I was directed to installing the mixing message app and since I use an Android phone, I ofcourse downloaded the windows version of mixin messenger. The download process was a usual one and it went smooth and fast and I think the data consumption is fine.

Registration
The registration was a hassle free one and it was very easy to register,and it also seems similar to most of the registrations that required phone number for verification.
I had to use my personal phone number for the registration and the verification code came also in time,and I feel ok with the entire process as it wasn't too stressful as I thought it would be.

Pin
This is actually the first time I'm enrolling in a platform that requires me to imput my pin about four times,and I think the security is fine,and with this, anyone should not easily forget their pin even without writing it down somewhere.

Mixin Wallet
I also noticed that there are a lot of popular cryptocurrencies and tokens including BTC and the rest,
Sending and receiving was as easy as using trust wallet

Contact
While waiting for the BTC sent to be confirmed in my mixin wallet,I took the pleasure to stuff around and since this is still a new service,I had no contact with the account.

Adding Contact
It took me some good time to realize that I have to use a different device to be able to do this so I used a desktop to create another account with my mother's number and was able to add the new  account created through the name.

The profile menu looks nice and simple and you can also wear any Avatar and even use your person picture as a profile picture and you can also edit the name in the profile .

Chats
After adding the contacts,I also noticed that one can chart and communicate through writings,pictures and even videos,and the chatting pattern wasn't different from that of watsapp and very similar to that of telegram,but it seems adding some reactions to the chat would make it look more interesting.

There was an option for group chat but to be frank, I didn't try it out because adding contacts wasn't a nice one for me

Desktop version
It is also possible to use mixin on desktop and it was easy and very convenient to do so on a desktop.

Transaction
Receiving bitcoin to my wallet was as easy as receiving it with any other wallet and sending money between each mixin member account was very easy as it can easily be done through contacts and the minimum was about $2 and transactions between each mixin account is free.

Mixin safe
Well it wasn't an easy one for me to use the mixin safe as I wasn't having a desktop but after a long while I figured out that I have to switch my phone to the desktop mode from my chrome browser and everything went smoothly.

It was a very easy process signing in the mixin safe as it only requires scanning a QR code

And this was how it looks from my phone, don't know if it looks same with others.

I also saw the option to upgrade to enable all features of the service and fine enough it comes in badges which I selected that of the $2 plan and it was swift.

In summary, the mixin messenger was a very interesting one and I enjoyed the whole thing as it wasn't really different from what I know but I think you should also consider adding the reaction feature on chats because I enjoy using it and it makes it even more expressive.

The mixin messenger makes it possible to chat and send Cryptos to our contacts directly without fees and I will prefer to use mixin safe for this singular option.

Activity: 686
Merit: 987
Give all before death
Download and Installation of Mornin Keys

I tried to download the Mornin Key application from the Google store but I discovered that I had to buy the application. I used a fiat payment option and bought it with my local currency. I made the payments downloaded and installed but it didn’t function. I made some inquiries and I discovered that it will not function in a 2gig Ram phone. I had to get a 6gig ram phone to carry out the task. Using my new phone, it went smoothly. After the download and installation, I was asked to use a 6-digit password to secure it and I copied my mnemonic phrase and backing them up.

Download and Installation of Mixin Messenger

I downloaded the Mixin Messenger for Google Store and it was free. They asked for my phone number and send a pin code to it that helped in activating the messenger. The code came in seconds and I was pleased with it. I also had to create six-pin passwords for the messenger for safety and they asked me to put the pin four times. The messenger had a social media outlook combined with that of a wallet. It claimed that transactions were free and was a decentralized wallet. It has options to make both personal and group calls. It also has an option for Maxim messenger desktop and an option to invite friends. Friends can be included by name, phone number or Maxin ID.

Mixin Messenger Security

For security, we have an emergency contact. To make someone your emergency contact you need to add the person to your contact. I added my close relative and she had to authorize it by adding me as a contact and approved it. Everything was good and fine. It is also important to note that there is an option to change your emergency number but it should be handled carefully. If there is an error in the code, you will have to wait for 24 hours to carry out the same function. There is an option for authorisation and logs to track the activities and transactions on the messenger.

Creation and signing in Mixin Safe

The next stage is to create your safe. This was where I had my biggest challenge because was trying to link my Messenger to the safe using code found here: https://safe.mixin.zone/start , instead of the code found here: https://safe.mixin.zone/login . And I had to spend so much time until I had to go through the get started procedures which took me to the login page where I saw the correct Mixin Safe scanning code. Immediately I used the correct code my save was activated and a Mixin safe service appeared in my Messenger I was also asked to input my password and Mixin service and Safe service became a notification bank or mailbox in the Messenger wallet. It will be nice if the website is made less complicated because an easy task can be hectic if the process is complex.

Mixin Safe setup

Now I could have access to the online mixin safe. I followed the instruction and set Mornin keys as my preferred wallet and filed other information. And I had to link my Mornin Keys with my Mixin Safe account through a QR code and I approved the connections Mornin key applications. The next step. was to set up how many people will control the Maxin safe. The option from two to five and I selected two people options because I wanted only me and my relative to control it. It went smoothly because I had readily added the relative as my emergency contact. But for me to complete this process I was instructed to upgrade my plan. And there were many packages but I chose the cheapest and paid $2 in Bitcoin.

Upgrading Mixin Safe

So, I had to create a transaction input the details and approved. I was transferred to the website mixpay.me to make the payment. This is another area I am not comfortable with the registration process. They are always redirecting to other websites. Maybe it is for security reasons, I cannot tell. I had different payment options including fiat and cryptocurrencies. But I paid with Bitcoin. I was confirmed in a few seconds and my package was upgraded. So, any member of my group could approve transactions. The transaction was timed and I thought many transactions will time out when the Mempool is jam-packed. You will also use your Mornin Key to sign in using the QR provided.

Depositing in my Mixin Safe

I tried to deposit some funds into my Mixin Safe. I had to create a new transaction but it was less hectic because I had already activated my account. I was not asked for any QR code scanning I just inputted the amount which is a minimum of 0.0001 and copied my wallet address. I authorized the transaction from my wallet and within a few minutes my Mixin safe account was credited. And I got an instant notification in my mini safe service of the transaction. And I was notified to go to my Mixin Safe dashboard to view the detail and the details of the transactions were clearly documented there.

Withdrawing from my Mixin Safe

I wanted to try the deposit and see how effective it was and confirm if it was really free. To withdraw my funds, I had to still create a new transaction, and choose my preferred currency, the amount, and the address. The minimum deposit is the same as the minimum deposit. The transaction was approved but I am yet to see the funds in my wallet. I was debited but the transaction is still pending now and I have not seen the fund in my wallet.

Customer Service

The customer care was swift, I suspect it was an artificial intelligence or a chatbox. I asked for assistance when I was having issues with my setup but they immediately asked for my email. I didn't go further with my enquires because I had managed to sort it out. But I observed that the Maxin team customer service in the messenger is not active, the message I send there has not received any response. But I was not comfortable with the constant asking for personal information.

Strength of Mixin Safe system

1.   Highly secured because it has levels of authorizations before approval.
2.   A worthy platform to plan for future uncertainties
3.   It has an all-in-one package that can protect one from attack. It has a social and formal function
4.   It facilitates the share of ideas because of its capacity to build a private community

Weakness of Mixin Safe System

1.   Setting up is complicated
2.   Invade privacy by asking for personal details.
3.   In case of an emergency and one approver is not accessible, there might be difficulty to access funds.
copper member
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1163
Mixin Safe Review

Mixin Messanger

-I download Mixin Messanger on the play store via the link provided on the sign page of https://safe.mixin.zone. This is very helpful to ensure that we are downloading the correct app and to avoid fake apps. The mixin messenger is very smooth to download and install. I create my account easily like the typical crypto wallet and the UI is very easy to understand as a first-time user of this app.

-I really like the emergency contact feature of this messenger app because my account can be recover using the emergency contact which means my wife can retrieve my funds if ever something happened to me through his mobile number.

I sign in on https://safe.mixin.zone via scanning the QR code on my desktop browser and it logins very quickly as soon as I scan my sign-in QR code.

Mixin Safe

-I head over to the safe to create my safe for my account but I encounter an error "Request failed with status 500" which I reported immediately to the support for a quick fix.

-The support gave me an estimated time to fix this error and they informed me via email & chat right after the error is fixed. Customer support is very quick to address issues!

-After the support fixed the error, I continue the next step to create a safe which is by creating an owner wallet. I choose Mornin Key so that I can try this app for the first time. The app requires payment before you can install and I pay 1$ for downloading the app.
After I pay and install the morning key app, I create my account and scan the QR code on mixin.safe page to sign-in as owner wallet of the safe I'm creating. Same to the Mixin messenger scan feature, Mornin key scan is very quick while the website is very responsive on scan login.

-Next is setting up the members for the safe, I use my own Mixin messenger to be a member and choose 1 threshold. My mixin messenger is a default member since I use it to sign-in on the website so this step is very easy to complete.

-On the summary tab, It requires me to upgrade the plan before I can create a safe, I purchased a standard plan which is 2$ per year and pay using my mixin messenger. Everything went smoothly because I can pay by scanning the QR code with my mixin messenger. This QR code scan method is very helpful to make every process quick and safe from clipboard malware. I finish creating my Safe and activate it via morning key app by scanning the QR code on the summary page.

-I use my remaining balance on my Mixin messenger to deposit to my safe and I'm surprised that the transaction for Bitcoin is a flat rate of 0.00047BTC which is a bit high fee for a wallet. My deposit amount which is 18$ after the fee is quickly credited to my safe balance right after I initiate send button on my mixin messenger.

Mixin Safe Withdrawal
-I withdraw my funds by approving with my mixin messenger and mornin key that verifies that I can't withdraw without those owner & member approval to make this safe really safe for storage via multiple parties as member and owner. I'm surprised too that the withdrawal process doesn't require any transaction fee which justifies why mixin messenger bitcoin transaction fee is high.

Conclusion:
Mixin safe is very easy to use and safe at the same time since it has multiple parties involved to access the safe and at the same time the threshold number can be modified during the setup so that the safe can be accessed even with one member is missing or become rouge. The support is very helpful and friendly in dealing with my concerns since I encounter multiple errors along the way which they fixed immediately. I hope they continue this level of service and wishing the success of Mixin project!

Activity: 1316
Merit: 623
I used Mixin Messenger app and Mixin safe browser for the review. I downloaded the Mixin messenger app to my phone via the app store and needed the phone number for registration. https://mixin.one/messenger https://safe.mixin.zone

I registered with my phone number and then created a 6-digit pin for application security. Make sure to note down the PIN you created and it will be required for wallet, transfer, mixin safe connection and phone number change. After the registration was completed, i was greeted with a welcome message by the robot in the chat section.

I can say that the end-to-end encryption of the messages with the Signal protocol relieved me in terms of security. One of my favorite features is to have a decentralized wallet within the application. You can easily transfer bitcoin and crypto money between your contacts in the application with this wallet. You can perform your transactions after logging in with a pin to the wallet, which has a very simple interface. Moreover, there is no commission fee and it is very fast. You can sync your phone's contacts to the application in the chat section, or you can add a contact with a username or ID number. It is important for the application to have a simple and easy interface in terms of usage and reaching the masses. Having simple and fast solutions means that application traffic is increasing day by day. An exciting development for first time users.

You can use the mixin messenger application to register with the Mixin safe browser. By pressing the register part, you can scan the QR code that appears with the code reader camera in the application and log in to mixin safe. This is pretty simple and fast.

If I summarize the positive aspects, you can quickly and easily transfer crypto money to your friends within the application, message with end-to-end encryption and hold group meetings. I think it's been an excellent messaging and meeting app for the crypto community. Managing all crypto assets with a single PIN is simple. My favorite security feature is the creation of an emergency contact and increased multi-wallet asset security. Keeping keys for many years can be challenging. For security reasons, you can easily recover your lost key with Mixin Safe. Another one of my favorite features. Another feature is that if your computer is hijacked by an unknown person, you can end the desktop session from the phone application.

We tried Mixin Messenger with my dear friend @Gencecikmen from the forum. (My Mixin ID: 41175171)

We made a friend request with the ID code, and i also sent bitcoins to him from the messaging section and he sent me bitcoins in the same way. It was a pleasure that everything was practical. The downside would be to increase the key generation options for Mixin Safe. I logged into the App Store to use Mornin Key but there was almost no feedback on Mornin Key. I sent btc to my mixin messenger wallet with Electrum, but when i synchronized mixin safe and mixin messenger, the balance part appeared in the browser as zero. When i wrote about my problem from the support section, i got the answer i was looking for.

I need to use Mornin key, Ledger and Bitcoincore for Mixin safe. There should be more options. The language option for Mixin Messenger needs to be increased. Apart from all these, it is an application that i will definitely use for a long time.
legendary
We are CFNP in this campaign. Please do not apply anymore until we have any new opening, until then please only posts reviews. Again, any discussion will be on this topic : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mixin-safe-decentralized-multisigmpctimelock-solution-review-preperation-5459839
This whole thing helps me to keep this thread clean and in order.

Hello sir
Is it still possible for an accepted member in a badge that haven't received  payment to submit their review?
Yes you can. I will accept that. But the payment/reward are scheduled in the date mentioned on the spreadsheet.

Code:
noormcs5 Hero Member
Swordsoffreedom Legendary
NeuroticFish Legendary
SUPERSAIAN Legendary
dkbit98 Legendary
Trofo Legendary
naira Hero Member
internetional Hero Member
AnonBitCoiner Sr. Member
AbuBhakar Sr. Member
vv181 Legendary
worldofcoins Sr. Member
cryptofrka Legendary
Asiska02 Hero Member
RockBell Sr. Member
ZAINmalik75 Sr. Member
xLays Sr. Member
Porfirii Legendary
Stalker22 Legendary
Husna QA Legendary
Accepted in Batch#5. Congratulations.

Please check the spreadsheet, the payment date is already mentioned there and your deadline for submitting review is there too.

PS: Please DO NOT forget to fill up the report form once you posted your review.

@Husna QA, I moved you from batch#5 to batch#2. Let me know if that is fine with you.

Activity: 2240
Merit: 579
Bitcointalk Rank: Hero Member
Lifetime earned merit: 326
Bech32 address: bc1qlfhq84s6k5cgxpnr9ld74rgztg0j4d0ef6p5r7
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 2852
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Bitcointalk Rank: Legendary
Lifetime earned merit: 2397
Bech32 address: bc1qlzlt3vnhjz2t89x68gfy0rru8vlxztz472eksv
staff
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The Naija & BSFL Sherrif 📛
My Mixin Safe Review/Experince

mixin messenger signup

The registration process was quick and simple, although I would recommend using an email address because they are easy to obtain. I joined up with my phone number and received a verification code without any difficulty. Except for the recommendation I provided above, the mixin messenger signup works fine.

Mixin messenger features

a. Mixin UI/UX

I like how each button is situated; it's extremely simple and traditional. The dark colour scheme is not all that horrible, but I prefer my messenger app in a light colour; I noted that such a colour option was not available; it would be wonderful to have such an option where a user could choose the colour they want. (Most people are colorblind, and persons with abinonism are unable to make use of this messenger as it is)

b. Chat on Messenger.

The mixin messenger is comparable to WhatsApp; I enjoy everything about it and have been using it to communicate with some of my friends; it's in decent shape except for a few features that are missing, such as video calls, on/off read receipt, and online status.

c. Mixin wallet.

I like the multicoins wallet, it was something that drew my attention at first, and this is one of the best features I found interesting, as well as the fact that I can withdraw coin and send to my contact in a matter of seconds without charge (I deposited USDT and sent to my contact with no charges). I have not yet tested the Bitcoin option. But I'll do it. I've already introduced this messenger to my friends, but the only feature missing from the Mixin wallet is the 'BUY BITCOIN' option. This is the option I want to also see.

My experience with the Mixin messenger was good but there are few things left to make it stand out.

My experience with mixin safes.

After my experience, I went on to create the mixin safes and, like everyone else, I used the mornin key option. I downloaded the free APK version because I was asked to pay a token before downloading it on playstore, and because I am someone who is very careful with my credit card information, I decided to use the untrusted APK instead, which was a little risky, but I did it anyway.

I installed the mornin key, created my account, and then proceeded to create my Bitcoin safe with one team member.

Selected Mornin key as my owner private key, scanned the barcode, and paid for the $2 upgrade plan because I just needed to build one safe for myself. I chose the mixin wallet USDT payment option because it was the quickest and it was confirmed in seconds.

I had no trouble creating this procedure, although it was challenging at first and required some time to get used to.

Recommendations> A brief video tutorial would be helpful, as the article was not very good.

My mixin safe deposit and customer support expereince

I deposited 0.00067173 BTC to my safes, but my coin was not credited to my safes even after 6 confirmations, so I decided to contact customer service, and I found something very interesting on the chat, I was asked to provide my email address, which I did, and while I was waiting for my turn to be attended to, a game appeared on the chat to keep me entertained. This was a lot of fun and an excellent way to pass the time. Lol

I chatted with customer support, and they were quite professional, handling my request in a very kind and professional manner.

My mixin safe withdrawal  and multisig experience

I got my deposit sorted out and wanted to experiment with the withdrawal option, however this was another useless navigation step that took a few minutes to complete. Is it possible to just have the withdrawal button on the dashboard? Is it necessary to start a new transaction in order to make a withdrawal? This procedure seemed needless to me, but I went forward with it nonetheless. The transfer fees are fixed for all withdrawals; they were a little high but not excessively so I entered my information and clicked withdraw before proceeding to test the members approval page; because I only added one member, I went through the mixin messenger approval, Mornin key approval, and safes approval processes, and the withdrawal was completed without incident.

Process rating 8/10.

Recommendation/suggestions

Implement the colour mixin messenger option (dark and light).
Implement video calls, read on/off options, and online status options.
Add a 'BUY COIN' option to the mixin wallet, along with CashApp and Google Pay.
The article lacked a video lesson on how to set up the safes.
Add a withdrawal button to the dashboard of the safes.
Add an email signup option.

Remark. You're on the right track; just a few more features and everything will be ready to go.

I'm available for future review if you ever needed one. Gracies  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
Lifetime earned merit: 1174
Bech32 address: bc1qs0adufrxjn0qhv03260y7eaz7gkcxwlx0kcsns
Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
My Mixin Safe Review

To create a mixin safe I had several options to choose from(Mornin key, Ledger Hardware wallet,  Bitcoin Core) and I started with Mornin key because this is a mobile based app which  can be downloaded from the playstore which I thought was convenient for me as I was on mobile ,but unfortunately this is a paying app which forced me to try other available options to see if anyone out there can get started without paying a dime.

Second option was to use a ledger hardware wallet but unfortunately my little gadget isnt in yet so had to pass on this option..but in the future might love to test this out if time allows.

Third option was to use Bitcoin Core wallet which was the most popular methods according to Mixin Safe support page at the time of writing this , and looking at the tutorial on the mixin safe walkthrough page, the process seemed to have a lot of typing/coding which I was really not up for as I was on mobile and went with the first option.

So apparently to get Mornin key downloaded on your device for android users like me, you have to pay a small token of 0.99 dollars which is no biggie as we are covered thanx to Mixin Smiley

But another option to download the app is to follow the link shared on their support page to get apk downloaded for free , but to support the project download app from the playstore..otherwise download apk from here ==》 (https://newbie.zeromesh.net/mornin-18.apk)

Steps to setup Wallet with Mornin key

1.Prepare Owner Wallet
First step simply requires you to have the Mornin key manager downloaded on your device,  which is also available only on iOS and Android for now.

2.Prepare Members Wallet

This step involves inviting friends and family to the mixin Messenger wallet , which I downloaded to interact with the the mixin ecosystem.

3.Set Mixin Messenger PIN
Think of this as an authentication key to proceed, and btw this was one fun thing I did on the mixin ecosystem...having to enter pin like 4 times was oddly mind blowing and I love different Cool

4.Add Mixin Messenger Contacts
-Think of these as contacts you will be interacting, you can chat with via Mixin Messenger app, can also use these contacts as your multisig members or emergency contacts, the possibilities are endless.

5.Set Emergency Contact
For this step I just added a special someone as the emergency contact because you can't be too careful.

6.Sign in Mixin Safe
-If you get this far, you are ready to create your first safe.

CREATING A SAFE

To create a safe, this is done in 3 easy steps
  • Give the safe a name and pick the blockchain or coin available from the drop-down menu and at the time of writing this, this is limited to bitcoin & litecoin for now
  • Set Owner and add members
  • Lastly Approve!

Btw, before anything its advisable to upgrade your plan to enjoy the perks that come with this such as getting the Recovery service, X number of members to be added depending on plan, create X number of Safes depending on plan etc and I paid for a plan before creating a safe, though the process is Safe first then pay for plan last Cool

Personally, I choose to go with the standard plan as the package suits my needs and most should afford this option....I mean its $2  Roll Eyes
Did I also mention that mixin Safe wallet makes it easy for anyone that wants to upgrade with their multicoin support, see image below for coins available and let those high transaction fees not stop you.

After making my subscription this is what I saw on my dashboard, and I can still upgrade to other plans if I wanted to have the extra perks.

To continue the Safe creation, I added an extra member before the completion of the mixin safe, as this is a prerequisite and after this process was ready to see how multisig works as safe creation was succesfully done.

PUTTING MIXIN MULTISIG TO THE TEST

For this test, I have 2 members set up for the multisig process, which is myself and my crypto buddy as the other member, and also set it to a 2 out of 2 threshold for this test as can be seen by the image below. With kind of setup, this implies that should someone have unauthorized access to the wallet and I have funds stored in the safe, the user will not transfer coins out unless they have the other member key to complete the required threshold!

Next step was me acting as the owner and sending out some crypto out to see how much of the extra security multisig has when using mixin.
And as can be seen from the image below, coins could not be sent out without the approval of the owner(me) and other member(s).

Upon hitting the send coins, approval was required and this is what is expected to be seen by both parties.
-Image on the left shows what to expect to see on your dashboard after other member approves
-Image on the right shows a nice tidy interface of what to expect after all required members approve the transaction.

After both approvals were done, within 3 to 10 seconds a transaction hash is given where I was able to track my transaction, and tx confirmed within the next block which was impressive thought they would apply small fees to our transactions Grin

Just a few questions for the devs:
  • Why is creating a Mixin safe only available on desktop and not the mobile app??
  • Is an in-app coin exchanger possible for the sake of convenience
  • The walkthroughs on the website aren't user friendly based on my experience, is having some kind of mini videos possible to make the various processes easier?
  • Is it possible to have card payments added to mixin to have users easily upgrade their subscriptions as not everyone could be familiar with cryptocurrencies
  • Lastly this is 50/50, when using mixin on mobile, funds received in safe never get to show as wallet balance in spite of having a positive balance...how does this one work?

***Edit***

Something i discovered yesterday, when you log into Mixin Safe via the web platform (https://safe.mixin.zone), I have noticed that mixin doesn't log you out automatically even after several hours of you not being near you PC. For a users security is this not suppose to work in such a way, that after X minutes it should log you out automatically or be asking you to sign In  with Mornin key 🔑 or something...better yet a sign out period can be included in settings or something, my 2cents.
Thanks @logfiles for the advice  Cool

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 2032
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
Lifetime earned merit: >1,000
Bech32 address: bc1qzazaufrr9urcaeqzn8jc3lxsckcjars2vskw63
Pages:
Jump to: