Pages:
Author

Topic: CgminerMonitor.com - cloud monitor for all your miners! - page 8. (Read 23325 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 251
I would like to get this running on my raspberry pi running minepeon. Can you please tell me what steps i have to take to get this installed on minepeon?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Hello coinme.info, I've just sent a request for info to Bitmain technologies, I'll get back to you with additional information from them.
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
Hi,

I've been using CgminerMonitor with my Windows 8.1 miners and really like it.

I've just acquired some Antminer S1s and was wondering if anyone has CgminerMonitor working with these?

Hey darkesperx, Thanks for thumbs up! I am really glad you like it!
I haven't posted any donation address because in future I want to introduce paid features, therefore people could feel cheated.
However, if you still want to donate, here is the BTC address: 1HDC1qfjTiM2Ef3kMjivRFXyLbjmatZHtB. Many thanks in advance Wink
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hey I just started using Cgminermontior and it works great!  Very easy to setup and provides a wealth of information.  I would like to donate some btc your way to encourage further development and upkeep but I cant find an address to send it to.  Can you please provide one for me (and maybe others) to send donations to?

Thanks for all your hard work!
No problem, I'm glad we got it working Smiley
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
WOOT!!!  Problem fixed!   Grin

What was happening was I had two versions of curl running, one in /usr/bin and the other in /usr/local/bin.  The one in /usr/local/bin was the one with the version mismatch between curl and libcurl and /usr/local/bin was first in the $PATH$ so I removed that program.  Now, when I run CgminerMonitor using the "-c" parameter it works just fine.

Thanks SO much for your help!  Without your help I would've never gotten it running!

Regards,

Chris
Chris, I've installed your Ubuntu version on VM and after installing curl (with sudo apt-get install curl) CgminerMonitorClient works perfectly fine.
However, I might know what is going on. After running curl --version I get information that I have curl 7.22.0 with libcurl 7.22.0. Googling around I got information that curl and libcurl should have the same version. In your case curl version is 7.34.0 and libcurl is 7.22.0.
Some people reported, that curl in this situation won't work at all. Could you try running
Code:
curl --url https://bitcointalk.org
to confirm this?

Here is the thread which I found helpful: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11678085/curl-48-an-unknown-option-was-passed-in-to-libcurl
Personally, I would try
Code:
apt-get --reinstall install curl
solution.
No problem Chris. Thanks for detailed information. I'll install your linux and try to run the client. However, because now I am away from the computer, you can expect the response after two days. Sorry for long waiting time...

No problem!  I'm sure you'll get to it when you have time.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris
No problem Chris. Thanks for detailed information. I'll install your linux and try to run the client. However, because now I am away from the computer, you can expect the response after two days. Sorry for long waiting time...
Almost there! Can you tell me what is your environment? Which linux do you use + which libcurl version do you have (run curl --version in terminal)?
It's a 32-bit laptop.  Here's what I get when I run uname -a:

Code:
Linux aspire-netbook 3.11.0-20-generic #35~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 2 21:35:48 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

And here what I get when I run curl --version:

Code:
curl 7.34.0 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.22.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1 zlib/1.2.3.4 libidn/1.23 librtmp/2.3
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap pop3 pop3s rtmp rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP

Thank you SO much for your help!  I'm *really* looking forward to getting it going!

Regards,

Chris
That previous post was using the "-t" parameter to see what's going on.  Tried running it with "-c" and it didn't work, so I ran it with "-c -v" and got this:

Code:
05/23/2014 09:21:40.72 Making 4st/nd/th request.
05/23/2014 09:21:40.72 About to hit 'http://api.cgminermonitor.com/Statistics/' url.
05/23/2014 09:21:40.73 Starting curl with parameters '-X POST -d @- http://api.cgminermonitor.com/Statistics/ --header "Content-Type:application/json" -m 3 -sS'
curl: (48) An unknown option was passed in to libcurl
05/23/2014 09:21:40.82 Error occured.
System.Exception: Could not POST using curl. Curl error code: '48'. Curl returned: ''
  at CgminerMonitorClient.PostMakers.CurlPostHttpClient.UploadString (System.Uri address, System.String data) [0x00000] in :0
  at CgminerMonitorClient.PostMakers.RetryingHttpClient.MakePost (System.Object message, PostMakerType postMakerType) [0x00000] in :0

Still no joy.  Sad

Regards,

Chris

Almost there! Can you tell me what is your environment? Which linux do you use + which libcurl version do you have (run curl --version in terminal)?
That previous post was using the "-t" parameter to see what's going on.  Tried running it with "-c" and it didn't work, so I ran it with "-c -v" and got this:

Code:
05/23/2014 09:21:40.72 Making 4st/nd/th request.
05/23/2014 09:21:40.72 About to hit 'http://api.cgminermonitor.com/Statistics/' url.
05/23/2014 09:21:40.73 Starting curl with parameters '-X POST -d @- http://api.cgminermonitor.com/Statistics/ --header "Content-Type:application/json" -m 3 -sS'
curl: (48) An unknown option was passed in to libcurl
05/23/2014 09:21:40.82 Error occured.
System.Exception: Could not POST using curl. Curl error code: '48'. Curl returned: ''
  at CgminerMonitorClient.PostMakers.CurlPostHttpClient.UploadString (System.Uri address, System.String data) [0x00000] in :0
  at CgminerMonitorClient.PostMakers.RetryingHttpClient.MakePost (System.Object message, PostMakerType postMakerType) [0x00000] in :0

Still no joy.  Sad

Regards,

Chris
POST request made with curl also failed? There are some rare cases, when people get timeouts when making POST request through Mono (it's a known bug, but I haven't found any solutions). However, you should be able to use workaround - make POST requests with curl. Just run the client with -c flag.
I ran it with the "-t" parameter and got this:

Code:
05/23/2014 03:54:19.70 Starting Troubleshooter...
05/23/2014 03:54:19.86 Pinging google...
05/23/2014 03:54:20.68 [OK] Pinging google.
05/23/2014 03:54:20.68 Testing GET request...
05/23/2014 03:54:26.63 Response is: '"CgminerMonitor"'
05/23/2014 03:54:26.63 [OK] CgminerMonitor cloud service is visible.
05/23/2014 03:54:26.63 Testing POST request using WebClient...
05/23/2014 03:54:33.77 [FAIL] Error:
System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream () [0x00000] in :0
  at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataCore (System.Uri address, System.String method, System.Byte[] data, System.O
 :0
05/23/2014 03:54:33.77 Testing POST request using curl...
05/23/2014 03:54:33.78 Starting curl with parameters '-X POST -d @- http://api.cgminermonitor.com/Troubleshooter/ --header "Content-Type:application/json" -m 3 -sS'

It seems the POST request is timing out.  Any idea why or how to fix?

Thanks!

Chris
That's a nice pragram to keep track of all your cgminers running.
I will download and give it a try.
But how many cgminers can it trak at the same time?
One CgminerMonitorClient can track one cgminer, running on local machine. If we are talking per account limit, it is set to 100 workers (at this point there arise problems with web browsers responsibility). Globally there is no limit.

Then the whole thing repeats itself.

Thanks for your help!  I'm sure I'm just doing something dumb/newbie.  Wink

Regards,

Chris
Thanks for more information. It seems that your client can get information from cgminer, however you cannot send those stats to our server. Let me quote FAQ:
Please run the client with -v flag (verbose) - it will print more information what's happening. You can also check connectivity with us using -t flag (troubleshooter). At the end, try running the client with -c flag (use curl for sending data).
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
I'd really like to get CgminerMonitor going but when I run the client on my system I get these error messages:

Code:
'StatHardware' worker is not available on UNIX platform.
'StatHardware' worker is not available.

Can you tell me what's causing this and how to fix it, please?

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

Hello Chris,

that shouldn't interfere with normal CgminerMonitor usage. All what this means is that your machine won't send hardware statistics, like CPU/Memory/Disc usage (it is hard to collect that data on UNIX/Linux OS). Cgminer monitoring is different thing and should be working fine. You should get email notifications as well as cgminer statistics (hash rate, GPU temperatures/fan speed, etc.).

When will your nxt update be ready
Miner controle
Around the end of the next week Smiley
Cool
do you have a list of thing that it will be able to do ?

pjcltd, I have bad and good news. Bad news is that there will be one week delay in next update. Sorry for that... However, the good news is that I have full list of planned features:
  • remotely manage worker: reboot and shutdown
  • remotely manage cgminer process: start, stop, restart
  • read/write cgminer config
  • remotely manage cgminer: add pool, delete pool, change pool
  • to keep your miners secure, all control features MUST be enabled on worker.

I keep in mind your request about sending commands to multiple workers at once as well as pool monitoring, however I am not sure if/how this will be possible. What do you think?

Hi ok
if you can for now just get this to work with 1 miner at a time that will do for now

Hi

this is what i have in my config files

"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "30",
"scrypt" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1"

hope that helps
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
That's a nice program to keep track of all your cgminers running.
I will download and give it a try.
But how many cgminers can it trak at the same time?
I'd really like to get CgminerMonitor going but when I run the client on my system I get these error messages:

Code:

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

Hello Chris,

that shouldn't interfere with normal CgminerMonitor usage. All what this means is that your machine won't send hardware statistics, like CPU/Memory/Disc usage (it is hard to collect that data on UNIX/Linux OS). Cgminer monitoring is different thing and should be working fine. You should get email notifications as well as cgminer statistics (hash rate, GPU temperatures/fan speed, etc.).

Nope.  CgminerMonitor has been running for quite awhile and nothing is appearing in the dashboard.  I have this in the cgminer.conf file:

Code:
"api-listen" : true,
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-port" : 4028,

But still nothing in the dashboard.  Here's what I get when I run CgminerMonitor:

Code:
root@aspire-netbook:/home/chrison# CgminerMonitorClientX86Linux 
05/23/2014 11:21:38.40 Running client: Linux x86 - 0.0.6.0
05/23/2014 11:21:39.46 Started process id: 3429.
05/23/2014 11:21:40.00 'StatHardware' worker is not available on UNIX platform. Sorry.
05/23/2014 11:21:40.00 'StatHardware' worker is not available.
05/23/2014 11:21:40.00 Sending StatCgminer data.
05/23/2014 11:21:44.23 Error occured. Retrying.
05/23/2014 11:21:49.76 Error occured. Retrying.
05/23/2014 11:21:55.26 Error occured. Retrying.
05/23/2014 11:22:00.78 Error occured. Retrying.
05/23/2014 11:22:06.28 Error occured. Retrying.
05/23/2014 11:22:08.28 Error occured while sending StatCgminer data. Error code: CE, Message:
05/23/2014 11:22:11.28 Sending StatCgminer data.
05/23/2014 11:22:14.79 Error occured. Retrying.
^C
root@aspire-netbook:/home/chrison#

Then the whole thing repeats itself.

Thanks for your help!  I'm sure I'm just doing something dumb/newbie.  Wink

Regards,

Chris
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters

Code:

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

Hello Chris,

When will your nxt update be ready
Miner controle
Around the end of the next week Smiley
Cool
do you have a list of thing that it will be able to do ?

pjcltd, I have bad and good news. Bad news is that there will be one week delay in next update. Sorry for that... However, the good news is that I have full list of planned features:
  • remotely manage worker: reboot and shutdown
  • remotely manage cgminer process: start, stop, restart
  • read/write cgminer config
  • remotely manage cgminer: add pool, delete pool, change pool
  • to keep your miners secure, all control features MUST be enabled on worker.

I keep in mind your request about sending commands to multiple workers at once as well as pool monitoring, however I am not sure if/how this will be possible. What do you think?

Hi ok
if you can for now just get this to work with 1 miner at a time that will do for now

Pages:
Jump to: