Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner to help minimize downtime - page 8. (Read 402304 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Anyone have the GPU driver crash and recover as soon as they start mining?

Also anyone got a good config for gigabyte R9280x that has been undervolted to 1075
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Milone,

"Current total hash rate" is not calculated correctly when a GPU is disabled. Just reporting as a minor issue, not blocking to me.

Running 1.3.5.2

Thx.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hi

Can you introduce support for "xintensity" please.
It allows more finite control of thread intensity.

Thanks!
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hi,

Any reason why CGWatcher (version 1.3.5 and 1.3.4) is showing the Work Utility as 4.088 when using the BFGMiner. It shows the correct numbers when using the miner CGMiner.
Activity: 36
hello my last added 2 rigs worked in cgremote nice.this morning i cant join to this 2 rigs.....dont know where can be problem.....any idea guys?
i changed ports but without result.Im sad from this

Sad
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Nfzgrid, it's unlikely that any current laptop would hit 4 MH/s unless you've got some ASICs hooked up to it and you're mining Bitcoin.
Activity: 27
Just to make sure you know, mining scrypt coins (especially SHA-256) coins on CPU is basically throwing away money to pay for the power to run it. Or did you want to try it for the sake of trying it? I don't believe cgminer supports CPU mining (it may have a long time ago?). Why not try a current CPU coin like XPM or PTS, or even quark (and derivatives). FWIW, gpu/cpu/both mining on a laptop without very carefully monitoring and/or modifying it for the purpose is often a good way to break them.

I'm mining dogecoins right now, so using a cpu is not completely useless. Still, I am aware of the nearly useless nature of such an exercise. I just wanted to see if I could do it. I have an older version of cgminer that supports cpu, and I have a dedicated cpuminer. I found on my laptop that with cgminer alone I was getting less than 3KH/s. When I started using it through CGWatcher I started getting about 4MH/s. Always better results with a GUI. I just wanted to see if that were also true on the cpu side. I'm also aware of the potential for disaster on the laptop. I have the intensity dialed down a bit, and I'm keeping the cpu temp down under 70C for the most part. She's been running for over 24 hours and I've seen no problems so far.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Excellent application. This is just what I've been looking for. I have it running on a laptop with a Radeon HD 7340 GPU at over 4MH/s. That's not so great, but given the hardware it's not bad. I have another machine I'd like to try it on, but at the moment it doesn't have a GPU worth mentioning. I'd like to see if I can get it running on the CPU on that machine. I'm mining Dogecoins right now and I just want to see what kind of performance I can get out of this machine. In the readme, etc., it does mention Intel CPUs, but either it doesn't work, or something else is wrong. Whenever I try to start it using an older version of CGMiner with cpu support, it tells me that OpenCL.dll is missing. Am I out of my mind? Or am I missing something here?  Huh

Just to make sure you know, mining scrypt coins (especially SHA-256) coins on CPU is basically throwing away money to pay for the power to run it. Or did you want to try it for the sake of trying it? I don't believe cgminer supports CPU mining (it may have a long time ago?). Why not try a current CPU coin like XPM or PTS, or even quark (and derivatives). FWIW, gpu/cpu/both mining on a laptop without very carefully monitoring and/or modifying it for the purpose is often a good way to break them.
Activity: 27
Excellent application. This is just what I've been looking for. I have it running on a laptop with a Radeon HD 7340 GPU at over 4MH/s. That's not so great, but given the hardware it's not bad. I have another machine I'd like to try it on, but at the moment it doesn't have a GPU worth mentioning. I'd like to see if I can get it running on the CPU on that machine. I'm mining Dogecoins right now and I just want to see what kind of performance I can get out of this machine. In the readme, etc., it does mention Intel CPUs, but either it doesn't work, or something else is wrong. Whenever I try to start it using an older version of CGMiner with cpu support, it tells me that OpenCL.dll is missing. Am I out of my mind? Or am I missing something here?  Huh
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I saw on the website that it will be working on linux, does it now or is it for later?
I really like the program, but one of the main features I wanted to work seems to be buggy.

I've created two sheduled rules, one to increase the intensity of the display GPU on idle, and another to detect when the computer is not idle and lower it. The idle rule works 100% of the time, but the not-idle rule only works very occasionally   Embarrassed

The simpler way of doing that is to start the miner with the lower intensity, and use the option on the schedule tab for the higher one when idle, that's how I have it set up without issues.

Seems to be working much better! Thanks!
Activity: 8
Please change "Restart miner every: (hours of continuous mining)" to behave like the other switches with a drop down to allow for "please restart COMPUTER after ........"

Restarting the miner alone doesn't clean things up the way that restarting the computer would.   I know I could create a windows event, but that wouldn't be as clean as doing it within CGWatcher.

Thanks Milone!   I'm mining for you a bit every day.   Wink
Activity: 59
Is there a way to make CGWatcher delete .bin files in the cgminer folder before it loads the miner?
It is not necessary to delete the bins. This is only needed when changing cgminer versions. You can also gain a few khash by using modded bins (e.g. lantis bins), so you wound't want cgminer making new bins.
Activity: 21
Is there a way to make CGWatcher delete .bin files in the cgminer folder before it loads the miner?
Activity: 56
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Is there a way to (easily) use UNC paths for mining profiles? I'm trying to centralize management with variables and common conf files, but it seems cgwatcher doesn't like unc paths - it wants a drive letter or a URL.

I'd rather use \\server\profiles  than  x:\profiles, is there a way to do this on a local network?

What's odd, is that I can force the unc path by editing the profiles.dat file, and it seems to work fine unless I go into the profile manager. The cgwatcher UI seems to allow for unc paths and everything (except profile manager) works, including the config file editor. When a unc path is specified and the profile manager is opened, it defaults back to cgminer.conf in the cgminer folder.

I've just made changes that should fix any problems with UNC paths, so the next update should work correctly with these.
Activity: 59
Is there a way to (easily) use UNC paths for mining profiles? I'm trying to centralize management with variables and common conf files, but it seems cgwatcher doesn't like unc paths - it wants a drive letter or a URL.

I'd rather use \\server\profiles  than  x:\profiles, is there a way to do this on a local network?

What's odd, is that I can force the unc path by editing the profiles.dat file, and it seems to work fine unless I go into the profile manager. The cgwatcher UI seems to allow for unc paths and everything (except profile manager) works, including the config file editor. When a unc path is specified and the profile manager is opened, it defaults back to cgminer.conf in the cgminer folder.

@Mylo - look at the variables under other tools. You can use common conf files and variables. My variables for one machine are as follows. In the conf file, these variables are used by %variable%  (e.g. "%worker%").

worker=myworker.1
password=mypass
threads=1
intensity=20,15
gap=2,2
tc=24000,24000

More info:  http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/2013/08/web-config-files.html
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
I really like the program, but one of the main features I wanted to work seems to be buggy.

I've created two sheduled rules, one to increase the intensity of the display GPU on idle, and another to detect when the computer is not idle and lower it. The idle rule works 100% of the time, but the not-idle rule only works very occasionally   Embarrassed

The simpler way of doing that is to start the miner with the lower intensity, and use the option on the schedule tab for the higher one when idle, that's how I have it set up without issues.

I've created two sheduled rules, one to increase the intensity of the display GPU on idle, and another to detect when the computer is not idle and lower it. The idle rule works 100% of the time, but the not-idle rule only works very occasionally   Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
This software is perfect, thank you very much!
Pages:
Jump to: