Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner to help minimize downtime - page 6. (Read 402304 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Hi
Omfg I love this program, exactly what I needed  Wink
Could you please add 1 feature though?
I mine with 4 cards on 1 rig, I own 3 of them, my dad owns 1 is there a way that you can make it so that you can get multiple profiles to run at once instead of juan?
Thanks again!
Activity: 10
were is a collection of all this information
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Thanks for the answers!

I have a new question. Wink

Is it possible to log (automatic) pool changes? I just saw the pool change, but it wasn't logged.
Activity: 71
Thanks for the answers.
Activity: 84
Is there anyway to add coinmarket.io to the profitability chart in CGwatcher.

Thanks.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
  • If stopping cgminer/bfgminer using CGWatcher causes a bluescreen or crash, you can set CGWatcher to kill the miner process instead of shutting it down. Shutting the miner down using the 'quit' command, as CGWatcher has always done, usually causes a crash if you're using the new R9 series AMD cards because of changes to how they work with ADL. Setting CGWatcher to kill the process instead means the miner never gets a chance to shutdown and therefore doesn't crash. This does mean though that the miner is not able to restore clock speeds, fan speeds, and voltages to their original values. I recommend trying sgminer, a new cgminer fork focused solely on GPU mining, as it has reportedly fixed this problem.
I can reproduce these BSOD with my heterogeneous mixture of 1x 6870 and 2x 7790.
Activity: 58
As some of you may have read, I've joined a company called CoinMyne and CGWatcher and CGRemote have come with me. This will allow me to devote all my time to working on these projects. I'll be moving to LA this week so I might not be able to get to your questions or problems right away, but I will try to catch up once the move is over. I recommend joining the new support forum at http://www.minerremote.com/support, where we're building a community and repository of information and answers. Please try searching for your problem to see if it has been asked and answered already before making a new thread. There is also no newbie jail so everyone is able to post their questions or feedback.

Congratulations, I hope some VC take notice of your work and the company for which you work.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I'm sorry about being MIA... aside from it being a very busy month, I don't remember seeing an email indicating there were no comments on this thread. I'll try to answer as many as I can, but if I don't answer your question I recommend posting to the new support forum at http://www.minerremote.com/support.

• If you have a Windows password and want mining to resume automatically after restart, you can enable Windows to automatically login when started. This probably isn't a good idea if you're concerned about security (or privacy on a shared computer), but it allows you to still have a password if one is needed for remote software, network shares, etc.

More information: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/auto-logon-windows-7.htm
  • The public IP address in CGWatcher doesn't actually do anything other than to try to help you in setting up CGRemote (if you're connecting to CGWatcher over the Internet). If it doesn't return the correct public IP address, you can simply Google "what's my IP".
  • In the latest version of CGWatcher, you can disable the automatic refreshing of coin profitability data (from CoinChoose or CoinWarz) in the Coin Manager window. To open the Coin Manager window, go to the Settings tab, click the "Other Tools..." button, then select "Manage Coins". In the Coin Manager window, click on the Settings tab then disable the automatic refresh.
    On a related note, if you're using the latest version of CGRemote with CGWatcher, you can have CGRemote automatically send coin profitability data to all of your miners running CGWatcher. This means only one API call is needed for all of your rigs.
  • If stopping cgminer/bfgminer using CGWatcher causes a bluescreen or crash, you can set CGWatcher to kill the miner process instead of shutting it down. Shutting the miner down using the 'quit' command, as CGWatcher has always done, usually causes a crash if you're using the new R9 series AMD cards because of changes to how they work with ADL. Setting CGWatcher to kill the process instead means the miner never gets a chance to shutdown and therefore doesn't crash. This does mean though that the miner is not able to restore clock speeds, fan speeds, and voltages to their original values. I recommend trying sgminer, a new cgminer fork focused solely on GPU mining, as it has reportedly fixed this problem.
  • If you want support for additional cgminer forks (e.g. scrypt-jane, whatever else there is out there now) I need information on the changes made to their API. I don't mind updating CGWatcher to work with these forks, but I need some help for the users here because I don't have the time to follow all of them myself.

As some of you may have read, I've joined a company called CoinMyne and CGWatcher and CGRemote have come with me. This will allow me to devote all my time to working on these projects. I'll be moving to LA this week so I might not be able to get to your questions or problems right away, but I will try to catch up once the move is over. I recommend joining the new support forum at http://www.minerremote.com/support, where we're building a community and repository of information and answers. Please try searching for your problem to see if it has been asked and answered already before making a new thread. There is also no newbie jail so everyone is able to post their questions or feedback.
Activity: 15
Yes, if your miner shuts down for whatever reason, cgwatcher will restart it, or pc.
Activity: 112
is there any reason to use this cgwatcher? Any real gains from that ?
Activity: 15
CGWatcher isnt working with the cgminer version made for mining Maxcoins. Need a fix for that pls.
Activity: 4
Hi guys
I need your help

My rig
Intel MB ASROCK H77 Pro4/M, Celeron CPU, 8GB RAM, 3x SAPPHIRE R9 280X TOXIC

My config
--scrypt  -o stratum+tcp://vtc.poolz.net:3333 -u XXX -p XXX -v 1 -w 256 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-powertune -20,-20  --temp-overheat 89,89 --temp-cutoff 90,90 --gpu-memclock 1500,1500 --gpu-engine 1000,1000 --thread-concurrency 8193

I'm mining vertcoin where is necessary modified CGMINER (see http://vertcoin.org/)

I've got two problems with my rig I cannot get on
1. After first start, automatic or manual restart of CGWATHER one card has different gpu-memclock and gpu-engine values like other two,  like it's defined by config, it gets gpu 1150 mem 1600 and therefore  it runs lower Hashrate. After I correct it in CGWATHER GUI the card start working fine. After restart it happens again.

2. Time to time I found my rig not mining and when I start it one card cannot start. It shows 0 hash rate and after another restart it marked the card sick. This can be easily solved by automatic rig restart, but after that it runs lower hash rate due to issue #1.

btw my log https://gofile.me/24UHK/Nsar3pWa

Guys, any advice appreciated!

milone - Lately I've noticed that my "Pause Mining" button causes my machine to immediately reboot.  I'm on Windows 7.  This just started happening without having changed any settings or updated versions.  I was running 1.3.5.0.  I tried updating to the latest (1.3.5.3), and the same problem persists.  Is there a way I can send you debug info from a log even after the machine reboots?  Please let me know, thanks!

I get this too. Your computer is actually BSOD'ing but you've got it set to auto restart (default setting) in windows recovery advanced options. If you have it disabled, you'll see that it's giving generic radeon driver blue screens.
Activity: 96
Merit: 17
milone - Lately I've noticed that my "Pause Mining" button causes my machine to immediately reboot.  I'm on Windows 7.  This just started happening without having changed any settings or updated versions.  I was running 1.3.5.0.  I tried updating to the latest (1.3.5.3), and the same problem persists.  Is there a way I can send you debug info from a log even after the machine reboots?  Please let me know, thanks!
Activity: 9
hello my friend

great work

i want it to be run when windows startup without a user login to console.
my computer is protected with password, so startup folder or registry key will not execute programs without user being loged in
is it possible to run cgwatcher or cgminer as a windows service ?

Does a mining PC require a password? Can you enable auto login (while leaving password on)?

Yes i do prefer it to be protected with password.

By the way i did manage to make it work as a service with the help of http://nssm.cc/
The only problem that im experiencing is when i want to restart the machine it stucked somewhere in the shutting down process
i believe that there is a loop or something with the new service or  BGwatcher that preventing the machine to successfully shutdown
Activity: 97
Need help plz!

When some (always the same 5) of my machines with cgwatcher show as Unavailable in CGRemote I click Get Public IP in CGWatcher (Remote tab) and get this msg: i38**70admin already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

The only thing (so far) that helps temporarily is to reset that machine. It doesn't help if I only restart CgWatcher or change (and change back) IP or any other trick that usually works when CGRemote reports "Unavailable (Mines is offline or unreachable)

Any idea what to do?

EDIT: using Win7 and 1.3.5.s and 1.3.5.3
BUMP please
is there a complete guide how to setup cgwatcher? It seem i cant figure out what i'm missing I have everything setup so I think that I have.

But when I start i get an error

it seems but i'm not sure that I can't connect to my pool. I use this one https://pool.dogechain.info/index.php?page=gettingstarted . So stratum+tcp://stratum2.dogechain.info:3333 is correct for URL:PORT setting in pool?

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "name" : "Dogechain Pool",
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum2.dogechain.info:3333",
      "user" : "user",
      "pass" : "password",
      "pool-priority" : "0"
   }
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-listen" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-only" : true,
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "0-880",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "0-1250",
"gpu-powertune" : "10",
"intensity" : "13",
"temp-target" : "75",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-cutoff" : "85",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3"
}

I don't know the exact reason why your problem is occurring, but you are confusing connections to your pool with connections on the localhost for the API which the mining software and CGwatcher use to communicate.

If you can run cgminer and it works correctly with your pool, and you've indicated the correct file paths to the exe and the .conf file with cgwatcher, then I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Also you should add additional pools as backups because invariable at some stage ALL pools will go down due to various reasons. I try to have at least two.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
is there a complete guide how to setup cgwatcher? It seem i cant figure out what i'm missing I have everything setup so I think that I have.

But when I start i get an error

it seems but i'm not sure that I can't connect to my pool. I use this one https://pool.dogechain.info/index.php?page=gettingstarted . So stratum+tcp://stratum2.dogechain.info:3333 is correct for URL:PORT setting in pool?

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "name" : "Dogechain Pool",
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum2.dogechain.info:3333",
      "user" : "user",
      "pass" : "password",
      "pool-priority" : "0"
   }
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-listen" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-only" : true,
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "0-880",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "0-1250",
"gpu-powertune" : "10",
"intensity" : "13",
"temp-target" : "75",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-cutoff" : "85",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3"
}
hello my friend

great work

my computer is protected with password, so startup folder or registry key will not execute programs without user being loged in

Does a mining PC require a password? Can you enable auto login (while leaving password on)?
Activity: 9
hello my friend

great work

Pages:
Jump to: