Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner to help minimize downtime - page 9. (Read 402304 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
%insert your text% soon!
sorry noob here can i use this to control any of my scrypt miners remotely?

Not CGWatcher... it is designed to run on the same computer as the miner.

You can use CGRemote to control all of your miners remotely.

Hey Milone, I'm thinking about using your CGRemote software, I have a question before giving it a shot thou.

You see, at our crapcoin market they are hundreds of altcoins and hundreds of pools, so
Is it possible to changle pool information for all miners globally with a few clicks and variables I'll enter?

It is kinda cumbersome when you have 5+ miners.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
btw my anti-virus is picking up the cgwatcher.exe as a trojan

I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 and it also (falsely) detected it as a trojan.  There are several things that Kaspersky will flag as "generic" trojans that aren't.  Make sure you add it to exclusions AND trusted applications if you have Internet Security.

Also thanks for the suggestion about bat file to make cgwatcher start on system startup and for explaining the shares display.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote

Is it Kaspersky? If your antivirus software flags CGWatcher I encourage you to submit a false-positive report to your antivirus software's creator. This involves providing all files to them so they can check them out, and they'll contact you when finished and confirm it was a false-positive. Kaspersky only whitelists specific versions, so even the slightest change in an update means the false-positive comes back. CGWatcher is an unobfuscated .NET application, meaning it is not very difficult for other developers to see what it is or isn't doing. .NET applications can be decompiled rather easily compared to other types of applications.

Edit: by the way, I realize you were just bringing this to my attention and not accusing me of writing anything malicious. I appreciate that. If I came off defensive it wasn't my intention... just trying to show that it would be easy to spot if it was doing something bad.
Activity: 32
CGWatcher & CGRemote

Not CGWatcher... it is designed to run on the same computer as the miner.

You can use CGRemote to control all of your miners remotely.
Activity: 32
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Can i use CGRemote (on Windows) and connect it to cgminer 3.7.2 on Linux/BAMT (eg. via API).
Or CGwatcher is required?

Yes. CGWatcher is not required, but if you're connecting to a miner that is running CGWatcher you will have many more features available for that miner.

My cgminer shows over 160,000 shares accepted, but cgwatcher's status tab only shows about 2600.  Is this feature fully functional or is something wrong?

Edit: Just uninstalled Kaspersky 2014, CGwatcher still not starting on boot.  Fresh cgwatcher install, set to the using registry option on Current User and it's shown in my Win 8.1 task manager startup tab as enabled.  Nobody else having this issue at all?

What you're seeing in CGWatcher is the actual share count in terms of shares you submit to the pool. What you're seeing in cgminer is the diff1 equivalent of these shares. To see this in CGWatcher, go to Settings tab, and then the Display sub-tab. Change the share counts from "Actual" to "Diff1" and click Save Settings.

There is a known issue with Windows 8/8.1 not launching CGWatcher even though it is correctly added to the registry or startup folder. The temporary workaround is to create a batch file that launches CGWatcher, and place the batch file in your startup folder. In a future update CGWatcher will do this automatically for Windows 8 computers.
My cgminer shows over 160,000 shares accepted, but cgwatcher's status tab only shows about 2600.  Does this number on cgwatcher account for the share difficulty or should it be showing the same as cgminer?

Edit: Just uninstalled Kaspersky 2014, CGwatcher still not starting on boot.  Fresh cgwatcher install, set to the using registry option on Current User and it's shown in my Win 8.1 task manager startup tab as enabled.  Nobody else having this issue at all?
Activity: 60
Can i use CGRemote (on Windows) and connect it to cgminer 3.7.2 on Linux/BAMT (eg. via API).
Or CGwatcher is required?
May I use it for Litecoin Mining?  

Is there any mobile remote control application ?

May I use for only monitor for check status my rig  ?

You're here to mine and make money but can't be bothered to read any of the first post before asking questions you could find out yourself with 2 minutes of reading?

Description
CGWatcher is a GUI for bitcoin miners CGMiner and BFGMiner.

As the description says, it can use cgminer and bfgminer, so from there you could find out what coins those support but yes Litecoin is one of them.  Even if you're too lazy to read the entire post, you could ctrl+f litecoin and answer that blatantly obvious question that way Smiley

Then if you searched for "remote" you'd find that he also created CGRemote which answers your second question.  Your third question I don't know, but you should put forth just a LITTLE effort instead of asking people to hold your hand for every little thing so you can make money!

Thanks again for the hard work for FREE so turds like me can try and make money more conveniently.  I found some settings that actually let me use my PC while mining without too much lag so I'm going to start over and setup cgwatcher again and see if I can't get my issues worked out and I'll try removing my anti-virus and see if that is to blame as nobody has responded to whether or not the auto start works for them on Win 8.1
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
When is this going to be released out of beta?
Activity: 8
Wish list item:

The ability to manage the time scale on the status graph would be great.  I'd like to see a running 24 hour scale as default.  Even better would be if the graph data survived a restart/reboot.

Thanks Milone, you're a hell of a dev and great to your users/clients.
Activity: 7
Activity: 7
Justin, I have email you the debug report with the subject "eckoflyte debug report"

Issue still persists. Left the miner running for about 15min and have the scheduler set to switch to most profitable profile every 3 minutes but nothing happens. Not even an "ignore since already mining most profitable" status update. I purposefully selected a less profitable profile to start mining with to see if it would actively switch, but to no avail.

Can you please download the test build again (http://bit.ly/cgw134test). I've updated it to log reasons why an action would not be triggered. It looks like retrieving profitability data failed twice, which would be one reason the action didn't trigger... but in that case it would log that so it looks like it never made it there. There are also some time limits - actions won't run within 30 seconds of the miner starting, or within a startup period for CGWatcher. So this new test build should identify which is the case. Thanks for the help.

DrGoose: I'll look into this. Right now a ton of stuff to do, but I'm willing to do anything that makes it easier for the user to manage miners.

Hey Justin, just sent you another debug report with the new test build. subject is "eckoflyte debug report #2"

Cheers
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
May I use it for Litecoin Mining?   

Is there any mobile remote control application ?

May I use for only monitor for check status my rig  ?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Loving the program, Had to do abit of tweaking to get a mostly stable mining setup going (running 3x 290x's).

My biggest complaint and im not sur eif its a driver, cgminer or cgwatcher issue is alot of times gpu 0 will fail to get above 5-10 k/hash (this is the one i use my monitors on and is the main gpu). Anyways when the program is stopped and then restarted it causes the gpu clocks to go all screwy (just on gpu 0) causing mem to rotate between 150mhz and 1500mhz. the core is sometimes fixed but it will occasionally fluctuate as well. The only thing i can think of is that it is triggering powerplay settings.
Activity: 13
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
Hi,

This software rocks...!

Sometimes one of my GPU's may drop below the standard speed and need a restart in order to fix. I cannot get the program to detect tht the GPU is not running at optimal speeds and to restart the computer.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for this amazing program!
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Justin, I have email you the debug report with the subject "eckoflyte debug report"

Issue still persists. Left the miner running for about 15min and have the scheduler set to switch to most profitable profile every 3 minutes but nothing happens. Not even an "ignore since already mining most profitable" status update. I purposefully selected a less profitable profile to start mining with to see if it would actively switch, but to no avail.

Can you please download the test build again (http://bit.ly/cgw134test). I've updated it to log reasons why an action would not be triggered. It looks like retrieving profitability data failed twice, which would be one reason the action didn't trigger... but in that case it would log that so it looks like it never made it there. There are also some time limits - actions won't run within 30 seconds of the miner starting, or within a startup period for CGWatcher. So this new test build should identify which is the case. Thanks for the help.

DrGoose: I'll look into this. Right now a ton of stuff to do, but I'm willing to do anything that makes it easier for the user to manage miners.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
I did test the latest CGRemote, so far so good.

Suggestion
=======
Since CGRemote might be commercial+closed source (and this is all fine by me), then I recommend the following:

Add a REST API to CGRemote to allow integration with profitability switching application (I do not use CoinWarz/coinchoose).

Having a single "end point" to control the pool selection for my miners would be very useful to me.

I suggest an API that can do an equivalent to:
  void SetActive( string minerName, string profileName, string poolName );
  string GetActiveProfileName( string minerName );
  string GetActivePoolName( string minerName );

No need for configuration/monitoring of "all things" through the API. These 3 functions should be a good start to make your product a "building block" into custom automated systems.

Thanks for your good work.

Pages:
Jump to: