Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner to help minimize downtime - page 3. (Read 402304 times)

Activity: 425
Merit: 109
Can someone point out what version of cgwatcher that works best with sgminer ? I am mining x11.

Thanks
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Since I upgraded to 1.3.8, whenever I change a conf file, then select it in the settings, it's still mining with the old conf settings! Grr.. the only way to fix I've found is to DELETE the actual old conf file. Deleting the .temp file does'nt work. wtf..
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
@Bit_John
Ok finally got BFGminer 3.99.0 working well with my gridseeds and CGwatcher. I have a few odd quirks though first being the percentages shown by CGwatcher I must be messing something up.

Cgwatcher reports me as having .82% accepted
http://gyazo.com/67d0b13c248fce70d3d8d0152eb8c6b5

Meanwhile the miner and pool show well that I'm getting about 2.3 MH's. Is this just a quirk in CGwatcher or am I missing a setting?
http://gyazo.com/c33bb1274e268183f92ee3da4098f05c

Also currently certain gridseeds like to just stop accepting shares on occasion. But CGwatcher doesn't discriminate by device on the monitor for no shares accepted in x minutes. Any way to get it to restart if any one of the devices has not gotten an accepted share in x amount of minutes?

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
While I know bfgminer has an http proxy option, is it possible to add the stratum_proxy.exe as a feature? If it is, how would one go about setting it up? Thanks
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I have downloaded the latest version for Windows and have 6 Antminer S1 and having difficulty setting the software, could some one provide a step by step instructions on how to set this up, not quite sure how to do this, not interested in the remote access yet but just like to see an overl picture of my miners instead of logging in into each individual miner.

Any help would be appreciated .

it's pretty simple

ssh to your antminer root/password (whatever you set your password to)

I always make a back up copy of the file I'm editing first for safety purposes so: cp /etc/cgminer /etc/cgminer.bak

you'll have to use vi to edit /etc/cgminer since nano is not on the antminer

if you're not familiar with vi (it's a pain) just download winscp and make the changes that way.

edit the line that says: option api_allow 'W:127.0.0.1'

and add your ip address as follows: 'W:127.0.0.1,nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn' - where nnn.... if the ip address of the machine running cgwatcher'

save the file and through your antminer web interface go to 'Miner Configuration' and click 'Save & Apply' in the lower right hand coner of the screen - that will restart cgminer and allow your cgwatcher machine to connect to your antminer.

Smiley

Activity: 107
I have downloaded the latest version for Windows and have 6 Antminer S1 and having difficulty setting the software, could some one provide a step by step instructions on how to set this up, not quite sure how to do this, not interested in the remote access yet but just like to see an overl picture of my miners instead of logging in into each individual miner.

Any help would be appreciated .
thanks for the fast reply - debug info has been sent

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I have a number of questions for you.

I purchased cgremote and I have it monitoring my three miners - all miners are running cgminer

one is running the cgminer branch for gridseeds - however  in devices for gridseeds it shows accepted/rejected/errors etc but does not show the hash rates for each of the gridseeds - how  can we get this working so that I can monitor each of the gridseeds?

If I can monitor each of the gridseeds then can I get a warning notice is the hash rate for that miner falls below a certain number?

then I have two mining rigs with GPU's

I'd like to monitor them the same way and get a warning if the has rate falls below a certain number.

in addition all three says "access: Read only" and I'd like to be able to stop and restart the miners on those machine through your product - can that be done?

In addition: Under the coins tabs you have a box checked by default that says "Send coin data regularly to all connected miners running cgwatcher -am I to assume that since I am not running windows on the mining machines this cannot be done?

and I assume that cgwatcher can only be run on windows machines that are also mining?

thanks and I look forward to some answers.

one other thing: you have this on your website: is any of this available with me running cgminer on ubuntu machines?

http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/2013/07/profitability-mining-in-cgwatcher.html

With the lack of standards and the wide variety of (growing) miners, devices, and versions, it's sometimes difficult to add support for devices that I do not personally have access to. So if you can help me with some information, I'll try to get this fixed in CGRemote asap. What I need is a debug report from your Gridseed miner. You can create this by opening the miner detail window (clicking button with magnifying glass), and clicking API in the toolbar near the middle of the window. For "Miner API Command:", select "[Create Debug Report]" and click Submit. If you can email me this info, I'll figure out what is going wrong. I have a feeling I know what it may be, and it should be something I can fix... but this data will help in confirming and fixing it.

As for the notifications regarding hashrates, this feature is coming soon. You'll also be able to set CGRemote to take action if this occurs (e.g. restart the miner, restart a device, etc.)

That leads to read-only API access, which would need to be full access in order for CGRemote to make any changes to the miner. To do this, make sure CGRemote's IP address is preceded with a W: in the miner's "api-allow" setting. So if CGRemote is running on a computer with IP 192.168.1.10, the miner's "api-allow" setting would need to be:

"api-allow" : "W:192.168.1.10,"

or in command line arguments:

--api-alloow W:192.168.1.10

As for sending coin data to miners, this is only available for miners running CGWatcher. The miner itself doesn't retrieve any of this data so it wouldn't know what to do with it even if it were sent it.

Right now CGWatcher is only available for Windows. This means that some advanced features in CGRemote are only available for Windows miners, because they require CGWatcher. We're already working on a solution to provide similar functionality for Linux and OSX miners so that all features in CGRemote are available to all miners, regardless of operating system.

Let me know if you have any other questions, or if I didn't explain one well enough. Also, thanks for purchasing CGRemote. I think you'll really like some of the ideas we're working on. Wink
I have a number of questions for you.

I purchased cgremote and I have it monitoring my three miners - all miners are running cgminer

one is running the cgminer branch for gridseeds - however  in devices for gridseeds it shows accepted/rejected/errors etc but does not show the hash rates for each of the gridseeds - how  can we get this working so that I can monitor each of the gridseeds?

If I can monitor each of the gridseeds then can I get a warning notice is the hash rate for that miner falls below a certain number?

then I have two mining rigs with GPU's

I'd like to monitor them the same way and get a warning if the has rate falls below a certain number.

in addition all three says "access: Read only" and I'd like to be able to stop and restart the miners on those machine through your product - can that be done?

In addition: Under the coins tabs you have a box checked by default that says "Send coin data regularly to all connected miners running cgwatcher -am I to assume that since I am not running windows on the mining machines this cannot be done?

and I assume that cgwatcher can only be run on windows machines that are also mining?

thanks and I look forward to some answers.

one other thing: you have this on your website: is any of this available with me running cgminer on ubuntu machines?

http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/2013/07/profitability-mining-in-cgwatcher.html

Activity: 476
Thank you for work, I'll try it for sure!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

MinerP:  Did you copy and paste your config file text here? If so, you have "gpu-thread" instead of "gpu-threads". This means the setting is being ignored, and CGWatcher is using the default of 2 (which was consistent with CGMiner's documentation). In the new version of CGWatcher, you can disable it using 2 as the default value to achieve results similar to running CGMiner alone. I had made the decision to have CGWatcher set 2 as the default because that is what CGMiner's documentation said, even though in reality it used 1. Now it has been this way for so long that if I changed it, it might affect a lot of users... so I made it a setting in Settings->Miner tab.

gpu-threadssss..... I want to shoot myself in the head!
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Version 1.3.6 is now available. Most significant changes:

• Fix CPU priority settings when using a batch file.
  • Added vertminer to known miner names
  • New 'Startup Batch file' option added for setting CGWatcher to start with Windows. This is recommended for Windows 8/8.1 where the other settings have known issues.
  • Monitor setting to set maximum hashrate threshold
  • New start mining failure option to restart computer if failed starts exceed threshold.
  • New start mining failure option to send email to default email address.
  • Remove scrypt settings when miner is sgminer.
  • Default gpu-thread value of 2 can now be disabled in Settings -> Miner tab.
  • Xintensity,rawintensity, and cl-filename settings support added (no longer under Misc. Options)
  • New troubleshoot mode setting will help start miner in such a way that it is easier to see errors and debug info.
  • Force close other programs on computer restart setting in Settings -> CGWatcher
  • Fixed Windows startup entries not being removed when changed to a different method.
  • Startup entries now given identifiers in filename so in cases of multiple instances, one doesn't overwrite the other.
  • Experimental increase/decrease text size is now a setting in Settings -> Display and persists through restarts.
  • Coin 'never remove' flag and 'adjustment' field can now be imported from CGRemote during coin updates.
  • Additional fields available for edit in Coin Manager.
  • Additional support for VertMiner
  • Email settings tab added, setting for default email address for use in notifications where email is not specified.

We've setup a new support forum at http://www.coinmyne.com/support. Please post problems and feature requests there so we can centralize this information in one place. There is no newbie jail.

MinerP:  Did you copy and paste your config file text here? If so, you have "gpu-thread" instead of "gpu-threads". This means the setting is being ignored, and CGWatcher is using the default of 2 (which was consistent with CGMiner's documentation). In the new version of CGWatcher, you can disable it using 2 as the default value to achieve results similar to running CGMiner alone. I had made the decision to have CGWatcher set 2 as the default because that is what CGMiner's documentation said, even though in reality it used 1. Now it has been this way for so long that if I changed it, it might affect a lot of users... so I made it a setting in Settings->Miner tab.

milbor2: Translations are on the to-do list, for CGWatcher and CGRemote both. Our plan is to do it in such a way that language packs will be external to the program so they can be added as new languages come out without requiring a software update.

isriam:  Did you get this working? If you switch it to:
Code:
"scan" : "opencl:auto"
it should work correctly.

coins_coins_: The coin data comes from whichever provider you choose - CoinChoose or CoinWarz. If the coin is listed on the selected data provider, it will be added in CGWatcher automatically. If a coin you want to use is not listed on your selected data provider, you'll need to contact them to try to get it added.

gtraah:  To use a batch file, just select it instead of the miner's executable in the Profile Manager window. You do not need to use a config file if you prefer to use arguments. Once you select a batch file in Profile Manager, its arguments will be loaded automatically. Any changes to the arguments in Profile Manager will be saved back into the batch file.

ozzy1926:  CGWatcher always uses a file called temp.conf because some users share config files between miners, then use variables to customize them. To ensure that one miner does not affect another miner, a temporary config file is created on each miner. The temporary config file is essentially just a copy of whatever config file you've set CGWatcher to use.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I want to ask you working on a possible translation of the program cgwatcher
Is it possible to attach the language files and each wants can translate the program in their own language.
by the way the program is great.

P.S.you can help by telling with which program may be translated cgwatcher
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Cgwatcher runs great on my 280x, 290 and 7950 rigs using cgminer 3.1. Cgremote works even BTCetter.

R9 270 issues:

I have two other rigs, one rig running six ASUS R9 270's one rig has four of them. Both run flawlessly when starting cgminer 3.1 on its own. However, using cgwatcher to start cgminer will turn one card on the 6 card rig sick and will decrease the hashrates on every card by 20-40 kh/s on both rigs. I have tried all different kinds of settings without a working solution. How can I fix this?

I have the pool settings in the batch file and the gpu settings in config file.

config.conf
{
"gpu-map" : "0:1,1:5,3:4,4:0,5:3",
"intensity" : "19",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"expiry" : "120",
"thread-concurrency" : "14000",
"gpu-thread" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "1025",
"gpu-powertune" : "10",
"gpu-memclock" : "1450",

"temp-cutoff" : "85",
"temp-overheat" : "75",
"temp-target" : "70",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"scan-time" : "60",
"failover-only" : true,
"scrypt" : true,
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

Activity: 77
Thanks  i'll give that a try!

In the meantime i hope voltage monitoring will be considered by the dev team.
Activity: 9
i wrote a config with bfgminer, and then went to profiles in cgwatcher and loaded the config file and get an error on the below line:

Error reading from string.  Unexpected token: StartArray.Path'scan', line 49, position 11.  Here is my line 49:

"scan" : [
   "opencl:auto"
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1"
}
Activity: 1
Please, how do I add Auroracoin for profitability based mining? I added to the list but it does not get any stats from any of those server; so the profitability is always 0.

Thanks.
Activity: 420
when i run sgminer 4.1.0 directly it runs smoothly but when i chose to run with cgwatcher, it always uses the temp.conf file .Why is that?

i am interested to know the answer also I use a Batch file with all my settings, I dont want to use a config file why does it always say Config file this and that Bla bla bla.... I stopped using Cgwatcher as it was actually causing a reverse effect on my mining instead of monitoring it, it would some how freeze up the computer and it wont even restart untill I physically do it myself.

I run Sgminer myself and walla can run for days, Cgwatcher always a problem within 24 hrs... Its like I have to monitor Cgwatcher .. No point
Activity: 378
when i run sgminer 4.1.0 directly it runs smoothly but when i chose to run with cgwatcher, it always uses the temp.conf file .Why is that?
Activity: 58
Thanks for the response Trillium. I am currently trying the settings you provided below. Will give it few hours to see what results I get. Currently it seems to be producing more stales than before Sad. If this doesn't work, I will try to lower the intensity as suggested.

I don't get a lot of stales while mining LTC. But when I try any of the automatic coin switching pools, I get either lots of rejects or lots of stales.
Pages:
Jump to: