Pages:
Author

Topic: Charlie Shrem is scammer, watch out - page 11. (Read 32782 times)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500
November 19, 2014, 01:23:08 PM
I am glad to see some final date on all of this,

but I doubt it will be over that easily...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
November 19, 2014, 01:17:09 PM
Like I said because his reputation is on the line that is why I believe he is so apt to respond now.

Incorrect. I paid 70% of the debt before this thread was created. I've always responded. Emails, tweets, calls, ect. He only created this thread because I didn't log onto the forums for a few days. In that time he could have easily emailed or called me. Since its created, I've continued to pay and not 81.5% of the debt has been repaid.

Like I said because his reputation is on the line that is why I believe he is so apt to respond now.

it is remarkable how a sale to pay me occurs only after a little more pressure here,

I actually paid you 70% of the debt before this thread was created.

or how he in spite of being offline for a few weeks managed to see and respond to this thread within hours of creation...

Yes, someone sent me a tweet asking me if this thread was legitimate. You could have easily emailed me, sent me a twitter, or facebook.

I've offered to pay you interest for the delay, I only have 35 left, so I will pay you 4.25% interest per week.

-Charlie

Really? 4.25% interest weekly? Lol

*Sorry, I meant to say 4.25% annually accrued weekly. At the rate I've been paying, it should be paid back in a few weeks.

Fixed original thread.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
November 19, 2014, 01:11:40 PM

it is remarkable how a sale to pay me occurs only after a little more pressure here,

or how he in spite of being offline for a few weeks managed to see and respond to this thread within hours of creation...

Yes, someone sent me a tweet asking me if this thread was legitimate. You could have easily emailed me, sent me a twitter, or facebook.

I've offered to pay you interest for the delay, I only have 35 left, so I will pay you 4.25% interest per week.

-Charlie

Really? 4.25% interest weekly? Lol
legendary
November 19, 2014, 01:06:41 PM

EDIT: I meant to say 4.25% annually accrued weekly. At the rate I've been paying, it should be paid back in a few weeks.

-Charlie
November 19, 2014, 01:00:23 PM
smoothie,
thank you for helping me fight this,

regarding our bitcoin pioneer,
legendary
November 19, 2014, 12:40:43 PM

I've paid 154 BTC for selling a total of 189.3 BTC worth of physical coins. That is 81.5% of the debt has been repaid and I am consistently repaying the debt here. I am not debating the validity of the debt.

As promised I will keep sending coins as I sell physicals until this debt has been repaid.

You guys can keep posting here every day, claiming I am a scammer, while in the background I will keep sending Bracek coins to repay the debt. I have never scammed anyone before, nor do I plan on doing so.

Will post again when more coins are sent.

I think the confusing thing is whether you have paid 100% of the proceeds you have actually received from selling Bracek's coins (leaving aside any compensation you were getting for arranging the sale).

If you haven't, then that seems to be different from the agreed transaction (essentially sell Casascius coins on consignment), and also seems to imply that you do not have the funds to pay Bracek.

If you don't have the funds because you haven't sold the coins, or are awaiting payment, then its a different story.

If not, if I was Bracek, I would be concerned both that you changed the term of the deal, and also that I have no visibility into how you plan to obtain funds to pay me... Especially given that my counterparty is awaiting sentencing that include forfeiture, penalties and possibly jail time.  

That makes sense, and concerning as well.

If you scroll to earlier posts, I addressed this. Originally the deal was for me to pay Bracek when I sell the coins. I got a little cocky early on and would pay him immediately upon receiving the physicals knowing I would be able to sell the coins. At this point, I still have some physicals coins that I already paid him for many weeks ago.

Unfortunately, our deal was not properly laid out. It did not go beyond "Pay me when you sell the coins". There was no contingency in place. I set a precedent by prematurely sending coins before I sold them. You can say that I effectively changed the deal to Braceks benefit by paying him earlier.

I do have enough physical coins to pay the rest of the debt. I mentioned earlier, I have sent over a dozen physical coins to be graded as well as privately selling coins on the forums. Every few days when I make a sale, I have been sending him the BTC, including this morning I sent another 2.

-Charlie

Personally I think you should go the extra mile in your repayment and make it worth bracek's time waiting. Otherwise you just got an interest free loan.

This thread is motivation for you to make things right with bracek and your debt. Only since this thread started did you really start to be responsive obviously to protect your image naturally. Remember this debt has been in the making since August. 3 months ago.

I've been paying back Bracek before this thread even started, and continued. In fact, most of the coins were sent to him before this thread was started.

You are more than welcome to call a spade a spade, call me a scammer, do whatever you want. I have never scammed anyone, always paid back debts and I dont plan on stopping now. The fact that I paid back over 80% can attest to that.

As for the delay, I am happy to pay the standard interest rate of prime + 1% in interest for the rest of the funds.

Currently, 35.3 BTC is left to be paid (out of 189.3)

4.25% (Prime 3.25% + 1%) = 1.5 BTC annually or effectively 0.03 weekly with compounding interest.

This is for the first 4 weeks:

Year   Week    Starting Value   Multiplier   Interest Earned   End Value
0   1   35.30   0.0815113156885 %   0.03   35.33
0   2   35.33   0.0815113156885 %   0.03   35.36
0   3   35.36   0.0815113156885 %   0.03   35.39
0   4   35.39   0.0815113156885 %   0.03   35.42

After every payment, we will recalculate the interest.

Source: http://www.ginifab.com/feeds/compound_interest_calculator/?p=35.3&r=4.25&m=52.14&t=1&fv=36.83&rr=4.34
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
November 19, 2014, 12:21:30 PM

I've paid 154 BTC for selling a total of 189.3 BTC worth of physical coins. That is 81.5% of the debt has been repaid and I am consistently repaying the debt here. I am not debating the validity of the debt.

As promised I will keep sending coins as I sell physicals until this debt has been repaid.

You guys can keep posting here every day, claiming I am a scammer, while in the background I will keep sending Bracek coins to repay the debt. I have never scammed anyone before, nor do I plan on doing so.

I think the confusing thing is whether you have paid 100% of the proceeds you have actually received from selling Bracek's coins (leaving aside any compensation you were getting for arranging the sale).

If you haven't, then that seems to be different from the agreed transaction (essentially sell Casascius coins on consignment), and also seems to imply that you do not have the funds to pay Bracek.

If you don't have the funds because you haven't sold the coins, or are awaiting payment, then its a different story.

If not, if I was Bracek, I would be concerned both that you changed the term of the deal, and also that I have no visibility into how you plan to obtain funds to pay me... Especially given that my counterparty is awaiting sentencing that include forfeiture, penalties and possibly jail time.  
legendary
November 19, 2014, 12:16:39 PM
Send him a formal demand letter using registered mail, and cc his lawyer (Marc Agnifilo). You can do that even if you're out of the US of course, but it might be more effective if you are.

You are more than welcome to do this, however it'll probably delay this. I've already paid back over 80% of the funds owed to him.

he sent approx 22.7 so far,
of 60 btc

that is 54 btc for 2 x 25s , and 2 singles with error (6 btc)

that is what he did not pay for yet

Actually I sent 24.7 so far, another 2 was sent this morning.

https://blockchain.info/tx/80f5c0e81367d6f482fea941847658c313035fb456d82001ea77ee054833d7b0

Yes I've confirmed I sold most of the coins. I still have a few left I sent for grading. I never said I did not sell the 25 coins.

According to your address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1EYn7SvBGm6PGgzq6XCQ74MB5RXvRT7USd

It appears you are definitely not a man of your word as you appear to backpedal on things you've said in the past in PMs.

You sold TWO 25 BTC coins and then never sent the 50 BTC you promised to send bracek.

That to me is taking an interest free loan unannounced.

Not cool.

Define scamming please. Delaying on repaying a debt over a long period of time to me is scamming.

Personally I think you should go the extra mile in your repayment and make it worth bracek's time waiting. Otherwise you just got an interest free loan.

BTW I seen the thread where you sold the TWO 25 btc coins where you deleted the OP and other posts of yours within that thread. Questionable actions yet you have not explained yourself despite being asked by bracek why you would do that even though you sold his two 25's and didn't pay him.

Shady business dealing. Not cool.

If I have done one thing on this forum for over 3 years now consistently, it is to call a spade a spade.

This thread is motivation for you to make things right with bracek and your debt. Only since this thread started did you really start to be responsive obviously to protect your image naturally. Remember this debt has been in the making since August. 3 months ago.
legendary
November 19, 2014, 12:02:06 PM
Send him a formal demand letter using registered mail, and cc his lawyer (Marc Agnifilo). You can do that even if you're out of the US of course, but it might be more effective if you are.

You are more than welcome to do this, however it'll probably delay this. I've already paid back over 80% of the funds owed to him.

of 60 btc

Actually I sent 24.7 so far, another 2 was sent this morning.

https://blockchain.info/tx/80f5c0e81367d6f482fea941847658c313035fb456d82001ea77ee054833d7b0

Yes I've confirmed I sold most of the coins. I still have a few left I sent for grading. I never said I did not sell the 25 coins.

According to your address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1EYn7SvBGm6PGgzq6XCQ74MB5RXvRT7USd

November 18, 2014, 06:50:06 PM

Charlie given that what has been communicated via PMs is now verified about your claim in early oct to send 50 BTC to bracek you are in clear violation of your own words. Implying you are not a man of your word based on your actions.

It is now clear that you made a claim to pay bracek and now over a month later you have renneged on that and not shown you still have the coins.

One of my posts above shows two of my past customers buying 25 BTC casascius coins from you in August 2014. Of which it appears bracek has not gotten paid for (assuming those coins sold were his).

yes, those were my two coins and they are sold

So the bitcoin payment for those two coins never went to you?

If so, then Charlie either has it or spent it on something else.

of 60 btc

legendary
November 18, 2014, 05:29:17 PM

Charlie given that what has been communicated via PMs is now verified about your claim in early oct to send 50 BTC to bracek you are in clear violation of your own words. Implying you are not a man of your word based on your actions.

It is now clear that you made a claim to pay bracek and now over a month later you have renneged on that and not shown you still have the coins.

One of my posts above shows two of my past customers buying 25 BTC casascius coins from you in August 2014. Of which it appears bracek has not gotten paid for (assuming those coins sold were his).

So the bitcoin payment for those two coins never went to you?

If so, then Charlie either has it or spent it on something else.
November 18, 2014, 03:59:00 PM

Are you located in the US?

why is that relevant ?

thanx for the info, btw, I am in Europe
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
November 18, 2014, 03:41:15 PM

why is that relevant ?
November 18, 2014, 02:42:42 PM

why is that relevant ?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
November 18, 2014, 02:31:34 PM

November 18, 2014, 02:30:13 PM

legendary
November 18, 2014, 01:55:45 PM
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
November 18, 2014, 01:48:21 PM
legendary
November 18, 2014, 07:02:47 AM
Supposedly in the thread bracek pointed to two of my previous customers bought each one of the 25 BTC coins.

Now I do not know for sure if these are bracek's coins but I'm sure he could attempt to verify it with the buyers listed below:

I have purchased the last 25BTC coin from Charlie, looking forward to receive, good luck!

Will update with pics.  Smiley

Culex

fast shipment, received this casascius heavyweight coin. extra large, looks more like a medal than coin  Smiley

Charlie, did you in fact sell those two 25 BTC coins of bracek's?
legendary
November 18, 2014, 06:51:48 AM
Hey Bracek,

I havent been online in a few days, nor received any emails from you.

Please email me your Bitcoin address and I will take care of this. Ive never scammed anyone and dont intend to now.

You have my phone number, email, address and everything. I wish you would contact me that way instead of making "charlie shrem is a scammer thread"

For the record, you mailed me 200 BTC + worth of physical Bitcoins which I sold on your behalf. I've paid you over 150 BTC so far and told you I'd pay you when I sell the coins. I still have not sold all the coins and have been paying you anyways (I still have a few left). I am happy to pay you the rest if you contact me.

I PM'd you my email address again.

Charlie

So it has been over a month since this post above and payment hasn't been made in full.

It has been over 2.5 months since your August 24th claim that you would send bracek 50 BTC since you are in possession of the coins. The PMs have not been confirmed by an admin but I did request an admin verify bracek's claim.

One way or another the truth will come to light.

In your post above you claim you will take care of this and you are "happy to pay him the rest of this" if he would only contact you.

It is pretty clear that Charlie hasn't lived up to his word in his posts.

The PMs if verified ( if true and authentic) will make it clear that Charlie has in fact not kept his word and clearly is draggin this out for months even after claiming he would send bracek 50 BTC while he gets those coins sold.

If one is a man of their word then they should follow through on their claim of what they promised and not delay, otherwise why make the claim at all if it is dragging out the OP with his coins?

I still wonder at what point in time does not fulfilling your obligations turn into scamming even after it has been made clear you would settle this debt?

1 year? 6 months? 3 months? 1 month ?
Pages:
Jump to: