Pages:
Author

Topic: Charlie Shrem is scammer, watch out - page 12. (Read 32782 times)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500
November 18, 2014, 06:13:21 AM
guys,
at the start of this thread is a link to the thread where he SOLD the last two coins, those big ones

I even waited after that sale to start my complaint publicly

timeline is like this :

all coins but 25's sold and paid for

2 x 25's sold not paid

my public complaint starts after a month or so (in the mean time he did not respond to pms)

here we are, months after the sale, and no btc for me

all is here in the thread, black on white,
but too many posts like "Charlie can't be a scammer, bracek is too agressive "
so info is spread across too many pages
November 18, 2014, 06:07:30 AM
So let me try to get clarity, Charlie is in possession of TWO 25 BTC Casascius coins, agreed to send 50 BTC to you because he is holding the two coins while trying to sell them?

Which was last agreed upon on August 24th, 2014? (over 2.5 months ago)

So minus the 0.5 BTC he still owes 49BTC + any premium he sells the coins for?

...did I get that right?

in the beginning of the thread I gave a link to his thread where he sells those two last coins,
they have been sold for months now

I even asked why did he delete original post of that thread, announcement of sale,
of course I added that exact original post too, all is here

from pms you can see he said he sold all but those two 25's

in the beginning of this thread, there is a link to his sale thread of those last two coins,
sale is completed,
and even before he sold them, he agreed to pay me their nominal value

I should have gotten 50 btc in either case, sold or not,
long time ago

and than there are 2 x singles with error
unpaid,
his intention was to grade them for me, I accept them graded, non graded or their btc value,

but that is less important now, since he IS a scammer
Activity: 532
no longer selling accounts
November 18, 2014, 01:49:59 AM
Regardless of if the PM's are legit or not, where exactly does he agree to prepay for the two 25 BTC coins? From the looks of it he was selling the coins before he had possession of them then would send the money to you once he received them in the mail. The key point is that the coins were sold and I assume that his buyers had paid him.

When you ask him to advance you the 50 BTC value of the unsold coins, you are essentially asking for an interest free loan from him. You would be able to spend the bitcoin however you choose while he would be forced to keep the 50 BTC locked up in the physical coins as if he were to spend the bitcoin they would lose their  value. Also you included a clause that he would owe you more once the coins actually sold so if he did spend the money in the coins he would essentially be forced to buy them at your asking price.

If you look towards the end of the PM exchanges Bracek posted, Charlie says:

"I guess I can send you 50 BTC, its only fair, Im holding onto your coins.

Send me your BTC address, Ill send it over.

Cheers."

That was August 24th. Apparently Bracek didn't receive the 50btc. (Trusting Bracek that the PM's are legit)
Hmmm, I must have missed that. Either way this would amount to what is essentially a gift to bracek and contracts involving giving gifts cannot be legally enforced. I would hardly label Charlie a scammer if he did in fact say this, although I somewhat doubt the authenticity of the PM as it appears that Charlie does not have a total of 50 BTC to advance him.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
November 18, 2014, 01:17:54 AM
Regardless of if the PM's are legit or not, where exactly does he agree to prepay for the two 25 BTC coins? From the looks of it he was selling the coins before he had possession of them then would send the money to you once he received them in the mail. The key point is that the coins were sold and I assume that his buyers had paid him.

When you ask him to advance you the 50 BTC value of the unsold coins, you are essentially asking for an interest free loan from him. You would be able to spend the bitcoin however you choose while he would be forced to keep the 50 BTC locked up in the physical coins as if he were to spend the bitcoin they would lose their  value. Also you included a clause that he would owe you more once the coins actually sold so if he did spend the money in the coins he would essentially be forced to buy them at your asking price.

If you look towards the end of the PM exchanges Bracek posted, Charlie says:

"I guess I can send you 50 BTC, its only fair, Im holding onto your coins.

Cheers."

That was August 24th. Apparently Bracek didn't receive the 50btc. (Trusting Bracek that the PM's are legit)
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
November 17, 2014, 11:27:18 PM
At this point, if Charlie has sold the coins he owes bracek the coin. If Charlie has not sold the coins, he should just return the unsold merchandise and be done with it.
From what it looks like (although this is not 100% clear) Charlie has not sold either of the 25 BTC coins, however he has paid bracek a little more then 20 BTC as a sign of "good faith" so this would not be 100% possible. He could send one of the coins back but would first need to receive a refund in the amount that he has advanced bracek prior to sending the other back
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
November 17, 2014, 10:21:56 PM
At this point, if Charlie has sold the coins he owes bracek the coin. If Charlie has not sold the coins, he should just return the unsold merchandise and be done with it.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
November 17, 2014, 09:43:58 PM
So let me try to get clarity, Charlie is in possession of TWO 25 BTC Casascius coins, agreed to send 50 BTC to you because he is holding the two coins while trying to sell them?

Which was last agreed upon on August 24th, 2014? (over 2.5 months ago)

So minus the 0.5 BTC he still owes 49BTC + any premium he sells the coins for?

...did I get that right?
Activity: 197
November 17, 2014, 07:35:58 PM
It looks like a much more appropriate request would have to asked Charlie to return the coins to you until he is able to sell them. Granted this would have cost you more because you would have had to pay shipping two extra times, however it would have been equitable for both of you
Activity: 532
no longer selling accounts
November 17, 2014, 07:25:54 PM

When you ask him to advance you the 50 BTC value of the unsold coins, you are essentially asking for an interest free loan from him. You would be able to spend the bitcoin however you choose while he would be forced to keep the 50 BTC locked up in the physical coins as if he were to spend the bitcoin they would lose their  value. Also you included a clause that he would owe you more once the coins actually sold so if he did spend the money in the coins he would essentially be forced to buy them at your asking price.
November 17, 2014, 07:15:01 PM

Please post proof of your bolded claim above.

If you have proof of this this should be grounds to likely be considered a scammer/liar in my eyes. But this is only true if you can 100% prove your claim.

If it was a PM on this forum, Theymos or another admin can confirm it or deny it.

To be clear at this time I am not claiming Charlie to be a scammer or not as I do not know all of the facts.

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: bracek on: July 27, 2014, 05:15:13 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
Quote from: bracek on July 26, 2014, 10:37:12 PM

If you want to send them to me also, I'm sure I can sell them

ok, but not all in the same shipment

bye

Looking forward to the shipment! Im lining up some buyers, Id be able to sell them quickly for you!

Let me know when shipped.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Sent to: bracek on: July 29, 2014, 07:41:51 PM »
Quote from: bracek on July 29, 2014, 04:26:29 PM
that website I gave you for tracking is useless,
so I went to the post office,
they confirmed it has left croatian customs

and it will not arrive in 3-5 working days, but 10-12,
said the same clerk that took the package ?!?!
she denies she said 3-5 days yesterday...

at least, its moving

are you already "selling" them ?
It might help to have reservations and fixed prices until the actual trades happen

Yes I found the tracking already

RB794077455HR

http://ips.posta.hr/IPSWeb_item_events.asp?itemid=RB794077455HR&Submit=Submit

Yes I already sold 20 out of 30 !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Sent to: bracek, Yankee (BitInstant) on: August 02, 2014, 10:06:31 PM »
   Reply to AllReply to All Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
Quote from: Yankee (BitInstant) on August 02, 2014, 06:53:26 PM
Quote from: bracek on July 31, 2014, 09:09:04 PM
Quote from: Yankee (BitInstant) on July 31, 2014, 09:00:26 PM

Just got an email it arrived in NYC !!

nice Smiley

Got the coins!!

I sold 24 so far, so send me a Bitcoin address  Grin I told you I can sell them!

I may have all 30 sold within a few days.

Let me know about your other coins, you can see the tracking here, it came pretty fast: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=RB794077455HR

Charlie

All 30 sold!!!

I owe you 90 BTC  Grin

Tell me where to send the funds

Charlie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so far so good, those coins mentioned above were paid

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now about the second shipment
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Sent to: bracek on: August 03, 2014, 11:16:39 PM »
Quote from: bracek on August 03, 2014, 11:06:26 PM

How many of each and what are the rest of the coins?

10x single with error @2.8
2 x single without error @1.4 ?
2 x 5btc @7
2 x 25 @ 27

I am sending to the same address, from the same postal office, to make it shorter, since now clerks know what and how to package

Ok cool

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Discrecion
« Sent to: bracek, Yankee (BitInstant) on: August 03, 2014, 11:30:43 PM »

Are you 100% sending me all these coins? I want to presell them but I need to know forsure before I offer them out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Sent to: bracek on: August 08, 2014, 11:38:47 PM »
Quote from: bracek on August 08, 2014, 11:37:15 PM
package is in new york,

if you are sending my 2 to be graded, please select the best looking ones

so, you really did not have any profit on the first shipment ?

Of course I did. OK

I presold these coins as well. However, Its hard selling these 25's
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Sent to: bracek on: August 16, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »
Quote from: bracek on August 13, 2014, 11:00:48 PM
the package has a return to sender option included,
if it is not picked up in time,
it will be shipped back to me, lets avoid that

Hey,

Package is at the post office, Im going to pick it up on Monday.

Ive sold all the coins, except for the 25's, I also kept 2 error coins to get graded for you.

So far:

8   1 BTC Error 2011
2   1 BTC 2011
2   5 BTC error 2012

= 39.2 I owe you.

As soon as I pick up the package, I will send you this BTC Smiley

Charlie
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so far so good, I got those paid as well, but now starts the trouble, I asked for those 25-s to be paid their nominal value,
no risk for him to do it, so I suggested he pays me 50 btc before he sells them
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Sent to: bracek on: August 24, 2014, 02:10:33 AM »
Quote from: bracek on August 18, 2014, 05:57:53 PM

actually, could you pay me 50 btc for them, and the rest when/if they get sold ?

Sorry for the delay in responding, I had some personal things to work on this week.

I guess I can send you 50 BTC, its only fair, Im holding onto your coins.

Cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after that he goes nonresponsive, and into evasion mode,
starts going personal and making diversions...

so here we are

I guess theymos or some other admin can confirm those above are valid copy/pastes  from my inbox

legendary
November 16, 2014, 02:30:15 PM
you said you have enough usd to cover the debt,
what is going on with all this stalling ?
I want my money back !
@bracek - Do you dispute the first post that Charlie posted in this thread? In case you have forgotten what he wrote, here it is:
Hey Bracek,

I havent been online in a few days, nor received any emails from you.

Please email me your Bitcoin address and I will take care of this. Ive never scammed anyone and dont intend to now.

You have my phone number, email, address and everything. I wish you would contact me that way instead of making "charlie shrem is a scammer thread"

For the record, you mailed me 200 BTC + worth of physical Bitcoins which I sold on your behalf. I've paid you over 150 BTC so far and told you I'd pay you when I sell the coins. I still have not sold all the coins and have been paying you anyways (I still have a few left). I am happy to pay you the rest if you contact me.

I PM'd you my email address again.

Charlie
I added the bold because it is the reliant paragraph. It says that he would pay you as he is able to sell the coins, in other words he is going to act as your agent and was not buying them from you. IMO if this statement is true then you have no claim to any bitcoin from Charlie until he actually sells the coins and the buyer acknowledges receipt and confirms they will not ask for a refund. 

the guy is lying a lot about many things, there is no way to know if he sold coins or not, he first said to me that he sold them all long ago,
after that statement I waited more than a month and opened this thread

you have the payment address in this thread with all btc sent to it,

all but second transaction (0.5 btc), are from Charlie
total agreed value of the deal was 198 btc

Please post proof of your bolded claim above.

If you have proof of this this should be grounds to likely be considered a scammer/liar in my eyes. But this is only true if you can 100% prove your claim.

If it was a PM on this forum, Theymos or another admin can confirm it or deny it.

To be clear at this time I am not claiming Charlie to be a scammer or not as I do not know all of the facts.
November 16, 2014, 08:55:59 AM
I want my money back !
@bracek - Do you dispute the first post that Charlie posted in this thread? In case you have forgotten what he wrote, here it is:
Hey Bracek,

Please email me your Bitcoin address and I will take care of this. Ive never scammed anyone and dont intend to now.

You have my phone number, email, address and everything. I wish you would contact me that way instead of making "charlie shrem is a scammer thread"

For the record, you mailed me 200 BTC + worth of physical Bitcoins which I sold on your behalf. I've paid you over 150 BTC so far and told you I'd pay you when I sell the coins. I still have not sold all the coins and have been paying you anyways (I still have a few left). I am happy to pay you the rest if you contact me.

Charlie
I added the bold because it is the reliant paragraph. It says that he would pay you as he is able to sell the coins, in other words he is going to act as your agent and was not buying them from you. IMO if this statement is true then you have no claim to any bitcoin from Charlie until he actually sells the coins and the buyer acknowledges receipt and confirms they will not ask for a refund. 

the guy is lying a lot about many things, there is no way to know if he sold coins or not, he first said to me that he sold them all long ago,
after that statement I waited more than a month and opened this thread

you have the payment address in this thread with all btc sent to it,

all but second transaction (0.5 btc), are from Charlie
total agreed value of the deal was 198 btc
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
November 15, 2014, 07:01:32 PM
I want my money back !
Hey Bracek,

Charlie
November 15, 2014, 06:45:18 PM
Just sent another 1.5

83bee54a5a1e7cd5f20c15b36e065d45e3cef208b09d6986d96f7d2f3bffdb28

Will keep sending payments until full debt is paid. 22.76BTC paid so far. I've been sending payments every few days as I sell coins.

I sent some of the coins to be graded, and will be putting up the rest of the coins here to pay Bracek for them.

Charlie

I want my money back !
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
November 14, 2014, 01:09:03 PM
Just sent another 1.5

83bee54a5a1e7cd5f20c15b36e065d45e3cef208b09d6986d96f7d2f3bffdb28

Will keep sending payments until full debt is paid. 22.76BTC paid so far. I've been sending payments every few days as I sell coins.

I sent some of the coins to be graded, and will be putting up the rest of the coins here to pay Bracek for them.

Charlie
Activity: 151
November 13, 2014, 11:40:03 AM
Bracek has right to open this thread!
I've read the whole thread (8 pages now) and the way bracek talk is really mature. actually I think Charlie Shrem is the one who seem not professional. I don't know about him but he seems like a guy who always talks the talk but never walks the walk.
legendary
November 12, 2014, 11:16:10 AM
Well like I said via PM to bracek I have already bought one of his coins from Charlie, and if more are for sale hit me up. I am sure Charlie will pay you back, but I can understand the frustration also. Try to put yourself in Charlie's shoes...house arrest for a long time and finally some freedom...he is probably catching up on life and will deal with this soon. If he was scamming he certainly would not have paid you this much already. Anyways good luck and hope this deal finishes up soon. For what it is worth these coins are immaculate for anyone potentially buying them...my 5BTC Error coin graded MS-66!

Not to say Charlie is a scammer (because I have not enough info to make that judgement), but didn't PirateAt40 also pay lots of people over time as a sign of good faith while he ran his ponzi?

MNW also did the same concerning his pirate bet which I am one of the owed winners of the bet which MNW has not paid (now going on 2 years). He paid some out of "good faith".

I guess the question becomes "At what point in time does one become defined as a scammer after delaying to repay a debt?"

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
November 12, 2014, 09:19:09 AM
Well like I said via PM to bracek I have already bought one of his coins from Charlie, and if more are for sale hit me up. I am sure Charlie will pay you back, but I can understand the frustration also. Try to put yourself in Charlie's shoes...house arrest for a long time and finally some freedom...he is probably catching up on life and will deal with this soon. If he was scamming he certainly would not have paid you this much already. Anyways good luck and hope this deal finishes up soon. For what it is worth these coins are immaculate for anyone potentially buying them...my 5BTC Error coin graded MS-66!
November 12, 2014, 09:05:23 AM
thank you, guys,
for your support,

the game that is being played on me is becoming obvious
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
November 11, 2014, 04:16:41 PM
I read very carefully the whole debate.

Bracek is not pushy, and in my opinion has the right to create pressure.

After half a minute of browsing history of Charlie, I found this post
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8600678

conclusion may be drawn that he managed to sell it, and then he was disappeared...

Talking that he has his email, phone nmb is just diversion, in my opinion.
The trust given by the guy who bought the coin confirms it.

First off, Charlie is a VERY TRUSTABLE PERSON. Basically I sent first, and received my coin in immaculate condition. Again, this man can be trusted and the value is beyond anything monetary, will do business again and again in the future in a heartbeat.
Best of luck to you.
Culex

At least he paid back some of the coins to OP.
Pages:
Jump to: