Pages:
Author

Topic: [CHARTS] Brief monthly overview of the local boards activity - page 36. (Read 18450 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
~~~
_BlackStar, good job. I thought I'd adopt this idea of ​​yours to apply it to my thread on the Local Board which I haven't updated at the moment. As Rikafip said, if you are interested in getting full data from Merit Dashboard then at least you have to be patient until Friday or at the end of the week at the beginning of every month.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
Your chart drove me to altering the Merit Dashboard, in order to make it a little bit easier to obtain a similar view of the data. What I’ve done is change one of the already existing tabs, and modified the displayed chart type that was already there (so no biggy for me).
Really, it's good now. I can see it is more interesting than before. I honestly don't recommend you to change it, but it is a good change.

Good job, one thing though: in order to get the correct merit data we have to wait for this Friday's Merit Dashboard update, as current merit count is up to December 31st 2:27 AM, so basically whole last day of 2021 is missing. It won't change the data much though, but just something to be aware of when creating these charts.
I really didn't know beforehand that the data was incomplete because I think we have been on different dates in different years too. But thanks for letting me know and I'll update it if needed once the data is done updating.

We all have to start from somewhere, but what I would suggest you to try is Google charts. It's very easy to use and it offers decent customization options.

I'll try it another time, it might take a little time to learn. By the way, I'm not smart enough at this but I just wanted to give it a try.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
Rikafip, let me post it here. I have a little time to review the local board merit statistics in the past year from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021. So since we are already into 2022, I think this post deserves to be here.
Good job, one thing though: in order to get the correct merit data we have to wait for this Friday's Merit Dashboard update, as current merit count is up to December 31st 2:27 AM, so basically whole last day of 2021 is missing. It won't change the data much though, but just something to be aware of when creating these charts.

Sorry about graphics [not as good as you have], I'm at the stage of learning how to create graphics, but youtube gave me a good guide on how to do it.
We all have to start from somewhere, but what I would suggest you to try is Google charts. It's very easy to use and it offers decent customization options.

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 10532
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<…>
Your chart drove me to altering the Merit Dashboard, in order to make it a little bit easier to obtain a similar view of the data. What I’ve done is change one of the already existing tabs, and modified the displayed chart type that was already there (so no biggy for me).

See (already filtered):
https://public.tableau.com/shared/8KWPX8YRS?:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
Rikafip, let me post it here. I have a little time to review the local board merit statistics in the past year from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021. So since we are already into 2022, I think this post deserves to be here.

Sorry about graphics [not as good as you have], I'm at the stage of learning how to create graphics, but youtube gave me a good guide on how to do it. Here are the merit statistics for all local boards in the last year that I took from the Merit Dashboard.

The graph above shows that Russia had the highest merit distribution in the past year [21,834], followed by Germany in second place [10,532] and Turkey in third place [9,110]. Then the lowest position were taken by Korea [4] and China [16] and Greece [17]. The total merit distribution across local board during 2021 is 64,632 merit. Russia leads the merit gains with 33.783% of the total merit distributed in local board for one year 2021. It was a great achievement for the local board.

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The BSFL Sherrif 📛
My monthly local board and general activities have decreased more than I expected, according to the statistics. Lol.

Thank you once again for your great work Rikafip and a very interesting analysis of the forum.
Unfortunately, I see that long-term trends are not changing, and that activity on the forum is continuously declining every month.
I have to admit that I also write less on the forum than before because I have less time but there are also less interesting discussions that would inspire me to participate.I think that this is also a generational difference, and that older members prefer this way of Internet communication and younger members prefer telegram groups, social networks etc.
The Meta, Bitcoin Discussion, and B & H boards, which used to be a haven for quality and fascinating discussion, have devolved into havens for shitposters and spammers with dull topics, making discussion impossible. I believe this alone has contributed to some members' inactivity.
Activity: 714
Merit: 288
It appears that most active member from all local forums in previous period was joker_josue from Portuguese local board with total of 326 posts.
That is a great contribution if we know that that all Portuguese local forum had total of 1203 posts in same period from all members, so he made around 27% of all posts.

I hadn't even noticed it! It really is a lot of post in a month.

And I'll be very honest, I don't even notice that I post so much. It's only when these numbers come up that I notice that I've made so many posts. I myself am amazed!
I think locally, my colleagues, they appreciate my contribution in the community.

In international boars I don't usually participate so much, I lack time. Saying that I have no time, after having made more than 300 posts in a month, seems strange.  Roll Eyes
But I'm not a big English expert, so I end up needing more time to analyze the overall boards.

Basically, I congratulate all the members of this forum, who continue to remain a living forum after so many years of existence. Wink
Very good work from you because we have very few members like you those are contributing like this with some very good number of posts without spam you are role model for many others even mostly active into local community now I am also trying to have some better and positive contribution for my local community but sadly not near you but trying my best hopefully some day I will be capable of doing things much better than now good luck and congrats for all your good achievements here on this forum and in crypto community.BTC
legendary
I have to admit that I also write less on the forum than before because I have less time but there are also less interesting discussions that would inspire me to participate.
Same here. Less posts generally means less interesting discussions so whether you want it or not, you will end up writing less.

I think that this is also a generational difference, and that older members prefer this way of Internet communication and younger members prefer telegram groups, social networks etc.
It would be interesting to see the average age of bitcointalk users. Based on my IRL meetings with members of other forums, my guess that average is over 30, maybe even 35. So yeah, older members are getting tired of the forum or are finding some other interesting things to do, while younger generations have much bigger choice than we had 15-20 years ago, when forums were at their peak.

Another great job from you Rikafip, you came on the same date as last month (23). Are you going to keep it again next month?
Well, I will try to release next one a little bit earlier. Then again, that was the plan for this month's overview and we can see how that ended.

Some time ago I submitted a merit source application in an attempt to help my local users get more merit on quality posts, but I haven't received any response yet. Even though in the last few months the distribution of merit on Local Board Indonesia is still hovering above 200 per month but it might be much better to take them flying much higher like the early years this merit system existed. I want to do it, but have to be patient for it.
From what I noticed, theymos tends to appoint new (and remove inactive existing) merit sources in bulk, so you just have to be patient. Some people waited even year or two, so it won't happen as fast as you might think. In the meantime, I suggest that you use Report unmerited good posts to Merit Source thread, which is kinda underused lately.

The best way to use it is by writing short sentences and logically with the respective punctuation.
True, Google translate works pretty good, as long as you are capable of writing a proper sentence in your native language and that's something that many fail to do Cheesy By the way, kudos on your activity in Portuguese board, keep it up!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
What are yo talking about? You speak write better English than many people who can be considered regular posters in the international boards. You use apostrophes and punctuation marks in your sentences. I see people post walls of texts without even a full-stop at the end. Unless you are using a translation software, I would say you are doing quite well.

Google Translator is my friend!   Cool Roll Eyes

The best way to use it is by writing short sentences and logically with the respective punctuation.
I appreciate the compliments. I will try to get through more international boards and eventually leave my contribution.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
But I'm not a big English expert, so I end up needing more time to analyze the overall boards.
What are yo talking about? You speak write better English than many people who can be considered regular posters in the international boards. You use apostrophes and punctuation marks in your sentences. I see people post walls of texts without even a full-stop at the end. Unless you are using a translation software, I would say you are doing quite well.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
It appears that most active member from all local forums in previous period was joker_josue from Portuguese local board with total of 326 posts.
That is a great contribution if we know that that all Portuguese local forum had total of 1203 posts in same period from all members, so he made around 27% of all posts.

I hadn't even noticed it! It really is a lot of post in a month.

And I'll be very honest, I don't even notice that I post so much. It's only when these numbers come up that I notice that I've made so many posts. I myself am amazed!
I think locally, my colleagues, they appreciate my contribution in the community.

In international boars I don't usually participate so much, I lack time. Saying that I have no time, after having made more than 300 posts in a month, seems strange.  Roll Eyes

Basically, I congratulate all the members of this forum, who continue to remain a living forum after so many years of existence. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
Another great job from you Rikafip, you came on the same date as last month (23). Are you going to keep it again next month?
Some time ago I submitted a merit source application in an attempt to help my local users get more merit on quality posts, but I haven't received any response yet. Even though in the last few months the distribution of merit on Local Board Indonesia is still hovering above 200 per month but it might be much better to take them flying much higher like the early years this merit system existed. I want to do it, but have to be patient for it.

Rikafip, we will keep 1 more update for this year (December) but I think it will be out next year.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
One more interesting overview post about local boards from Rikafip Smiley
I wish our local board was more active but inflow of new members stopped and that could be one of the reasons :/

1st place: joker_josue
2nd place: mole0815
3rd place: _Pizdabol_
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Thank you once again for your great work Rikafip and a very interesting analysis of the forum.
Unfortunately, I see that long-term trends are not changing, and that activity on the forum is continuously declining every month.
I have to admit that I also write less on the forum than before because I have less time but there are also less interesting discussions that would inspire me to participate.
I think that this is also a generational difference, and that older members prefer this way of Internet communication and younger members prefer telegram groups, social networks etc.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
I am using simple  formulas inside Google sheet to calculate the numbers but I still have to take data from Merit Dashboard and ninjastic.space and that is slower compared to previous time when I just took already calculated merit/post ratio. I was calculating ratio like that at the beginning, but then DdmrDdmr included that info into his Merit dashboard so over time I kinda got lazy since I had everything served and prepared. Grin

I understand. Sometimes, even wanting to be as automated as possible, there is information that ends up having to be worked on manually. The work to automate ends up not paying off, for the proposed objective. Gradually, automatisms are created, even if you have to do something manually.  Wink
legendary
I just realized that I was supposed to provide you my local threads merit senders info. I just Checked the PM and that was already read. I guess somehow I forget to inform you.
It happens, no worries. You can send me the info next month and I'll make sure to include it.

You have to try to find a way to automate the calculations a little more, using Excel for example.
Well I'm saying this, but I don't know how you go about collecting information.  Lips sealed

But if you're using Excel and want some suggestion on how you can try to automate a little more, I can try to help!  Wink
I am using simple  formulas inside Google sheet to calculate the numbers but I still have to take data from Merit Dashboard and ninjastic.space and that is slower compared to previous time when I just took already calculated merit/post ratio. I was calculating ratio like that at the beginning, but then DdmrDdmr included that info into his Merit dashboard so over time I kinda got lazy since I had everything served and prepared. Grin

Anyway, thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
Since I started using ninjastic.space for Russian local board, I expanded it for all other local boards too, to keep it consistent so now I manually calculate merit/post ratio by taking merit data from @DdmrDdmr Merit Dashboard and post count from ninjastic.space so difference comes from that. It's way more work for me though since I have to calculate ratio for both month/last 12 months periods and mistakes are definitely possible, especially since i hurry lately to release these overviews. Cheesy

You have to try to find a way to automate the calculations a little more, using Excel for example.
Well I'm saying this, but I don't know how you go about collecting information.  Lips sealed

But if you're using Excel and want some suggestion on how you can try to automate a little more, I can try to help!  Wink
Either way I don't promise anything, sometimes not the same.  Tongue

Continuation of the good work you have done so far!

Activity: 476
Merit: 523
~

Thank you very much Rikafip. I just realized that I was supposed to provide you my local threads merit senders info. I just Checked the PM and that was already read. I guess somehow I forget to inform you. Anyways, You did a very good job as always you do.

thank you again Rikafip for the renewed overview of the merit charts and the activity in the respective local boards.
i can even consider myself lucky to be active in 2 different local boards and to share my knowledge in the polish as well as the german sub-board Smiley

Wow! Great job man. After reading your post, I realized I was also active on two different local threads (Bangladesh and Pakistan) and I am on the Top 10 Contributors list.

Thank you Rikafip for your great works as always. That's nice of you.
Despite our local thread being more active than a lot of other local boards, we are yet to get a board. I think it's time to create a local board for Bangladeshi users. There were a few quality poster who has lost interest because of not having a board.
What more does it require? There's board with no moderator.

Yeah, bro. You can take me as an example. It's really hard to discuss everything in a single thread. But, As Rikafip already said, What we can do for now is just be active there and be patient. Who knows, maybe we can get a local board in the future. also a merit source  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%
thank you again Rikafip for the renewed overview of the merit charts and the activity in the respective local boards.
i can even consider myself lucky to be active in 2 different local boards and to share my knowledge in the polish as well as the german sub-board Smiley
legendary
The next update is the January update..... will you prepare something special?
I haven't thought about making something like that, but now when you mentioned, at the beginning of this year I did yearly overview of my local board so I might do something similar. Anyway, you gave me food for thought.

Can you check your chart against @ddmrddmr "Merit per Post II (Chart) tab please? They should be consistent, shouldn't they?
Since I started using ninjastic.space for Russian local board, I expanded it for all other local boards too, to keep it consistent so now I manually calculate merit/post ratio by taking merit data from @DdmrDdmr Merit Dashboard and post count from ninjastic.space so difference comes from that. It's way more work for me though since I have to calculate ratio for both month/last 12 months periods and mistakes are definitely possible, especially since i hurry lately to release these overviews. Cheesy

I think it's time to create a local board for Bangladeshi users. There were a few quality poster who has lost interest because of not having a board.
What more does it require? There's board with no moderator.
I perfectly understand that it must be very hard to keep normal conversations when you are restricted to just one thread, but nothing much you can do, other than keeping it active and remain patient. You have to understand forum staff too, since many ocal boards are half dead know, so they are kinda reluctant to create new ones.
Pages:
Jump to: