Pages:
Author

Topic: [CHARTS] Brief monthly overview of the local boards activity - page 35. (Read 18450 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
I think we all understand that there is a lot of work around these analyzes, and no one will blame you if you publish new forum analyzes with a little delay.
Thank you both for your hard work and we look forward to new analyzes.
I hope that the new data will show an increase in forum activity, and improved statistics of local forums.
Indeed a lot of work.

Yeah, it takes a lot of work and determination. When I first started one for my local community, I had no idea collecting data and inputting it into graphs would be so stressful; at first, I started with a weekly review, but due to work load, so I changed it to a monthly report, but I still skip a few months; I've already begun data collection for the month of January. The online tools that Raf recommend were quite helpful

[CHARTS] Monthly Overview Of The Unofficial Nigeria Local Board

Thank you for your hard work, I'm sure members of your local community appreciate it.
This is a really thankless job because it is quite demanding, it takes a lot of time and you don't really have much use of it, except thanks from others, and sometimes you don't even get a thank you.
Thanks to people like you, this forum is still relevant and important and attracts interest from others.
My only regret is that with each new statistic and analysis of this forum, I notice a decrease in activity on this forum and less interest in participating in the forum.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The BSFL Sherrif 📛
I think we all understand that there is a lot of work around these analyzes, and no one will blame you if you publish new forum analyzes with a little delay.
I hope that the new data will show an increase in forum activity, and improved statistics of local forums.
Indeed a lot of work.

Yeah, it takes a lot of work and determination. When I first started one for my local community, I had no idea collecting data and inputting it into graphs would be so stressful; at first, I started with a weekly review, but due to work load, so I changed it to a monthly report, but I still skip a few months; I've already begun data collection for the month of January. The online tools that Raf recommend were quite helpful

[CHARTS] Monthly Overview Of The Unofficial Nigeria Local Board
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
Good job.
As you know, the Italian board is right behind the Indonesian one. And we are looking to overtake you.
It might not happen too quickly thou.
But we are working on it!
I'm sure the Italian Board can overtake the Indonesian Local Board in 1 year (at least) in terms of merit distribution if theymos don't accept my merit source application. Lol.

Since the merit system was introduced, the Indonesian Local Board has managed to distribute a total of 27,528 merit (excluding January 2022), while the Italian Local Board has a total of 20,792 (excluding January 2022). In my opinion, 7K-8K merit is not a huge amount to pursue, most likely because Italian Local Board have an average of 592 merit per month in 2021 while Indonesian Local Boards only have an average of 203 merit per month in 2021. So if theymos don't give me the opportunity to become a merit source then the Italian Local Board will be in front of the Indonesian Local Board in the near future. That's very possible.

However, if Local Board Indonesia merit source currently wants to increase the number of merit per tx more than 1 merit, then you will need more time to overtake me.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
I did it earlier than him once again specifically for the activities of the Indonesian Local Board. In addition to the number of posts and merits per month, I recap the distribution of merit for 2021 and the 10 most active users who post in a year on the Indonesian Local Board.

Good job.
As you know, the Italian board is right behind the Indonesian one. And we are looking to overtake you.
It might not happen too quickly thou.
But we are working on it!
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
Hello, this is your friendly reminder that the month is almost over and we both haven't done our monthly chore (yet).
At first I thought Rikafip would do it on the 25th, but it looks like this time he came later than before. But no problem, I did it earlier than him once again specifically for the activities of the Indonesian Local Board. In addition to the number of posts and merits per month, I recap the distribution of merit for 2021 and the 10 most active users who post in a year on the Indonesian Local Board.

50 user most active in Local Board Indonesia in 2021
Code:
1. Husna QA [910]
2. DroomieChikito [783]
3. abhiseshakana [671]
4. joniboini [630]
5. MAAManda [583]
6. masulum [536]
7. blue Snow [459]
8. roycilik [452]
9. mu_enrico [387]
10. Luzin [330]
11. ShowOff [268]
12. khiholangkang [256]
13. skarais [246]
14. mamesso [184]
15. kawetsriyanto [173]
16. Bitinity [164]
17. BITCOIN4X [130]
18. Ljunior [115]
19. ryzaadit [105]
20. Mukmin [103]
21. Dread Pirate Roberts [102]
22. Renampun [100]
23. MonaLeeTracy [95]
24. Javi_Anibarro [94]
25. alexsetiawan [87]
26. akar87 [86]
27. nurilham [81]
28. bitjoin [80]
29. Princeofpoetry [79]
30. Uang_kartal [72]
31. panjul07 [71]
32. Pink NordFX [69]
33. Rengga Jati [69]
34. randegibran [69]
35. erep [64]
36. ancafe [63]
37. dansus021 [61]
38. oHnK [57]
39. TelolettOm [56]
40. muratsink [54]
41. AhmadM [51]
42. Luqman [51]
43. amihada [51]
44. aqil [49]
45. bct-user [49]
46. retreat [48]
47. Mr.sprin [47]
48. redwine49 [47]
49. [email protected] [45]
50. v3liana [45]
legendary
So yeah it will take some time Cheesy

Hello, this is your friendly reminder that the month is almost over and we both haven't done our monthly chore (yet).

Indeed a lot of work.
This is above remark has absolute to be considered to a jokingly reference to a presumed sloppiness.
There’s nothing less than sad when an amusement slowly turns into a chore.
So, don’t rush! (I am promising to release my update this weekend, I am almost halfway trough of it).
legendary

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
But I am open to suggestion about something more innovative.
I have some ideas, but in order to do then I'll need a lot of time. Before I even start yearly overview I have to do the same for my local board, then monthly overview and then in the end yearly thing.

Perhaps, using Ninjastic, it would be interesting for someone to summarize information from the point of view of the number of posters on different levels, disregarding merits.
That's actually a pretty good idea. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 10532
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
Perhaps, using Ninjastic, it would be interesting for someone to summarize information from the point of view of the number of posters on different levels, disregarding merits.

For example, for the Spanish local board on aggregate (and it may be interesting to see these numbers both with and without the altcoin boards), I get these readings over the last few years:

It shows the acute decrease in the number of unique posters in 2021 (2019’s decrease was likely ICO related), but also the number of posters that made >=50 posts in the depicted year, and those that made >= 10.

Now 50 posts per year is little more than an average of one post per week, but even with such a low bar, only 21 posters reached that mark on the Spanish local board during 2021 (3,15% of Spanish local board posters during 2021). The core lively nucleus there is therefore rather small, and it would be even smaller if I had charted the >=300 posts/year that I initially had in mind.

The above number of post marks are arbitrary, and were set to show a rough average of 1 post per month and 5 posts per month (giving room for a few months off). As I mentioned, these bars are low and could be adjusted to more demanding average bars.

Note: Chart is a quick draft that overlaps data points. The underlying table clarifies the numbers on these collision data points.
legendary

By the way, is there something that you would like to see in the yearly overview? You can also share suggestions via PM.

I am constantly thinking about new charts and figures to illustrate how boards are going, but for this "yearly" recap, I am a little bit of short o good Ideas. I was thinking about a yearly overview againstprevious years: 2019,2020 and 2021 that are full years should be included to say the least.

But I am open to suggestion about something more innovative.
legendary

I've participated in several forums for some time, but usually they only last 2 or 3 years. And those that do last have a longer duration, usually users after 2 or 3 years stop participating or participate very few times.
Hah, my experience with forums is completely different. On one of them I am active for ~20 years (general type of forum, place where I heard about Bitcoin for the first time ) and on another for around 10 years (IT forum). Both are Croatian forums, and both of them used to be way more active back in the day, so that's why Ia m not overly fussed with bitcointalk post numbers decreasing as that's how it goes, forums are not as popular as they used to be.

Once I settle on the forum I don't leave easily, so I hope to stay on Bitcointalk for at least that long. Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
It's not just the case for Croatian board, but majority of others as well. If you check local board post count evolution, you will notice that drop in the amount of post is huge. For example, back in the late 2017/early 2018, total amount of posts written across local boards was measured in hundreds of thousands, while numbers now are in the range of tens of thousands.

It's also fair to mention that big part of that decrease is due altcoin & bounty section of local boards being way less active than before, so boards that were very active in that regard experienced the biggest decrease.
I haven't seen it so far and now I might need to review what's really going on.

In Ratimov's latest thread, there were 2,875,975 post made by all active users on this forum in 2021. I didn't count the number of users based on the boards reviewed but it seems that user participation in the forum on various discussion is still quite high. Especially for the Croatian board there were 180 active users posting last year based on ninjastic.space where there were 7092 posts spread throughout the year. This number certainly decreases when compared to 2020 where there are around 300 active users posting with a number of posts of more than 11K.

It is true that there was a decrease in the user base on Croatian local board by around 60% which caused the number of posts to drop by around 36% from 2020. I don't know what the problem is, but maybe the reason the altcoin's bounty board is not overactive is causing a significant dump.

Stay in the forum is the choice of every user, they are not True, it's pretty normal to take a break from forum occasionally. Problems start when more people go on break/leave, than new people come. But that's the problem that all forums are experiencing, not just the bitcointalk.
Could it be that most local board users prefer to be active on the English board than on the local board? The activity of spam hunters and anything which makes a lot of posts deleted can disturb the comfort of users on one board will make them move to another board. Look how bounty hunter altcoin are starting to post on gambling board, this is totally irrelevant to what they are promoting. The reason is that some of them realized that I and others reported spamm more frequently on the discussion altcoin board. LOL
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
Stay in the forum is the choice of every user, they are not forced to stay forever and regeneration is expected to keep the forum alive.
True, it's pretty normal to take a break from forum occasionally. Problems start when more people go on break/leave, than new people come. But that's the problem that all forums are experiencing, not just the bitcointalk.

Despite that, I don't know of any forum that has such a long lifespan, with active users for almost since the beginning.

I've participated in several forums for some time, but usually they only last 2 or 3 years. And those that do last have a longer duration, usually users after 2 or 3 years stop participating or participate very few times.
legendary
We all know you are pointing to this so you can slack another week! Cheesy
Lol! I am on the same boat with my own meta post!
Haha you saw right through my feeble attempt to find an excuse for slacking. Or as we would say in Croatian "Dobra izlika zlata vrijedi" or translated to English "A good excuse is worth in gold" or something along those lines Cheesy

By the way, is there something that you would like to see in the yearly overview? You can also share suggestions via PM.

Does that mean there is a decrease in the user base on your local board?
It's not just the case for Croatian board, but majority of others as well. If you check local board post count evolution, you will notice that drop in the amount of post is huge. For example, back in the late 2017/early 2018, total amount of posts written across local boards was measured in hundreds of thousands, while numbers now are in the range of tens of thousands.

It's also fair to mention that big part of that decrease is due altcoin & bounty section of local boards being way less active than before, so boards that were very active in that regard experienced the biggest decrease.

Stay in the forum is the choice of every user, they are not forced to stay forever and regeneration is expected to keep the forum alive.
True, it's pretty normal to take a break from forum occasionally. Problems start when more people go on break/leave, than new people come. But that's the problem that all forums are experiencing, not just the bitcointalk.

legendary
In order to have a quality discussion you need to have someone with whom you can have a quality discussion  Grin
I'm most active in my Croatian section of the forum and I started a lot of topics there.
What is a problem is that many quality and older members have stopped writing on the forum and very few new members have come on the forum recently.
We, the old members, have known each other for years and we know who thinks what very well, so it is no longer so interesting and inspiring for me to participate in discussions always with the same few members.
Of course, there will always be some interesting news and information to share but unfortunately with a declining number of active members day by day.
I don't think it has much to do with the quality of the discussions on this forum, but with the generation gap.
It is obvious that for young people the forum is no longer an interesting way of communicating and that they much prefer social networks and telegram groups.
Does that mean there is a decrease in the user base on your local board?
I don't know what quality of discussion you would expect from forum users. It should be as long as they can post something constructively then I think it's fine. The fact is that not everyone cares about quality either on local board or on board where people speak English. Stay in the forum is the choice of every user, they are not forced to stay forever and regeneration is expected to keep the forum alive.
legendary
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.
Lately, it has become increasingly difficult for me to find some quality and interesting discussions on this forum, which could inspire me to get involved and give my contribution.
There used to be more quality discussions and this forum was much more active than today, as shown by these monthly forum analyzes.
I’m sorry about that but I really don’t know what could be done about it.
Instead of expecting quality discussions started by other users on a particular board, why don't you try doing it yourself if you still want to contribute to the community? I don't think we lost the idea of ​​constantly discussing bitcoin issues be it technical, regulatory, price, and other wallet and security issues as well as privacy and its potential for case use. As a old member, you shouldn't go with the flow if you want to continue to contribute to the community and give your best.

Then and now it seems to be the same if you are used to posting something quality. You should be able to ignore any discussion that you find boring and mundane. I'm not sure about what you're saying, but maybe it's just a different matter.

In order to have a quality discussion you need to have someone with whom you can have a quality discussion  Grin
I'm most active in my Croatian section of the forum and I started a lot of topics there.
What is a problem is that many quality and older members have stopped writing on the forum and very few new members have come on the forum recently.
We, the old members, have known each other for years and we know who thinks what very well, so it is no longer so interesting and inspiring for me to participate in discussions always with the same few members.
Of course, there will always be some interesting news and information to share but unfortunately with a declining number of active members day by day.
I don't think it has much to do with the quality of the discussions on this forum, but with the generation gap.
It is obvious that for young people the forum is no longer an interesting way of communicating and that they much prefer social networks and telegram groups.

legendary
Lately, it has become increasingly difficult for me to find some quality and interesting discussions on this forum, which could inspire me to get involved and give my contribution.
There used to be more quality discussions and this forum was much more active than today, as shown by these monthly forum analyzes.
Instead of expecting quality discussions started by other users on a particular board, why don't you try doing it yourself if you still want to contribute to the community? I don't think we lost the idea of ​​constantly discussing bitcoin issues be it technical, regulatory, price, and other wallet and security issues as well as privacy and its potential for case use. As a old member, you shouldn't go with the flow if you want to continue to contribute to the community and give your best.

Then and now it seems to be the same if you are used to posting something quality. You should be able to ignore any discussion that you find boring and mundane. I'm not sure about what you're saying, but maybe it's just a different matter.
legendary
My monthly local board and general activities have decreased more than I expected, according to the statistics. Lol.

Thank you once again for your great work Rikafip and a very interesting analysis of the forum.
Unfortunately, I see that long-term trends are not changing, and that activity on the forum is continuously declining every month.
I have to admit that I also write less on the forum than before because I have less time but there are also less interesting discussions that would inspire me to participate.I think that this is also a generational difference, and that older members prefer this way of Internet communication and younger members prefer telegram groups, social networks etc.
The Meta, Bitcoin Discussion, and B & H boards, which used to be a haven for quality and fascinating discussion, have devolved into havens for shitposters and spammers with dull topics, making discussion impossible. I believe this alone has contributed to some members' inactivity.

legendary
Rikafip, let me post it here. I have a little time to review the local board merit statistics in the past year from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021. So since we are already into 2022, I think this post deserves to be here.
Good job, one thing though: in order to get the correct merit data we have to wait for this Friday's Merit Dashboard update, as current merit count is up to December 31st 2:27 AM, so basically whole last day of 2021 is missing. It won't change the data much though, but just something to be aware of when creating these charts.

We all know you are pointing to this so you can slack another week! Cheesy
Lol! I am on the same boat with my own meta post!
Pages:
Jump to: