Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 119. (Read 2145043 times)

Activity: 857
Merit: 262
you guys are not reading. read everything again from the top of this page lol.

man. there's a full blown science on how to make people understand what one is saying(/declaring?)Smiley and probably more than one kind of science too...
EDIT: also what cards are those exacty?
EDIT2: ohh... now I see where I missed the 8GB part, which explains it
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
CoinCrate.net
Finally the dev fee is reduced, to still quite a big amount, but reduced is reduced!
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
@Claymore will u finally get out a new miner because this one is really problematic ?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
I think after ETH and Zcash claymore miners, its this ones turn to get Baffin support
(and Vega for you rich people, of course)

I'm looing at my budget (thanks highoncoins, MF) and my new BTC pro board can be populated with a single vega or full of 560 4GB getting double the hash rate with half the power.

edit:

If there's one thing I've learned from playing video games it's...

Activity: 2604
Merit: 326
I think after ETH and Zcash claymore miners, its this ones turn to get Baffin support
(and Vega for you rich people, of course)

It can do close to 900h/s when using the correct timings/clocks.
That means custom timings edited for XMR, not ETH.

And yes, wolf can do >900h/s, i remember he posted an image somewhere.

My personal record is 920h/s on 470 8gb.

lol. yeah 1366 core and 2100mem is really nice 470s...
I never went above 1180MHz on my polarises, nor above 930mv... and I just wouldn't run it on 1.13V, but hey it's yours:)
kudos to you!

EDIT: I run on 1500 straps hynix and 1625 samsung at 1160:1900-2000@920mv and getting 695-720H with about 100W from the wall.
I have two rigs (14nm and 22nm intels, both win10ann) on one metered outlet with 8 cards: (1X370 & 7*470) takes from the wall 880W.
Actually 14nm the cheapest 4 core i5, 6M L2, running on 1151 doing 180H on XMR for less than 25W:) - so there's that as well.

EDIT: cpu miner is claymores CPU and the gpu I use gatelessgate various "pre" versions are fine
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
make sure you unlock bonus shaders on 460 cards Cheesy
legendary
Since the only RX470/480/570/580 cards currently available are all overpriced, I've been looking real hard at the RX560/460 cards as they appear to be the most profitable cards for cryptonote in terms of power consumption. I think XMR has the potential to be the #2 crypto next year.

That means custom timings edited for XMR, not ETH.

And yes, wolf can do >900h/s, i remember he posted an image somewhere.

My personal record is 920h/s on 470 8gb.

sgminer, windows and 470, not 460.

And by "eth bios and clocks" i mean using a bios that has timings and gpu/mem clocks adjusted for ETH mining, not for XMR.

how curious. are you claiming that you're getting actual "close to 900h/s" on 470 4gb on eth config? what version of sgminer? and what kernel?

He's edit and copied his memory timings from 1750 to 2000 in the vbios.

I don't copy timings; mine are full-custom. I know how GDDR5 operates. And it was with a 480 I got over 900, but 470s should do better than what was stated earlier.

I'm sure he did, yet it doesn't answer my questions. Either something changed and I'm not aware, otherwise only with real custom bios timings you could go above 800 on 470 (no matter the mem maker or straps used)
legendary

And by "eth bios and clocks" i mean using a bios that has timings and gpu/mem clocks adjusted for ETH mining, not for XMR.

how curious. are you claiming that you're getting actual "close to 900h/s" on 470 4gb on eth config? what version of sgminer? and what kernel?

He's edit and copied his memory timings from 1750 to 2000 in the vbios.

I don't copy timings; mine are full-custom. I know how GDDR5 operates. And it was with a 480 I got over 900, but 470s should do better than what was stated earlier.

When my BTC pro board arrives I'm expecting my RX480s to do over 750 H/s, this Gigabyte board I'm using is soooooo slow (630 H/s). I've got identically configured miners both with Gigabyte boards but different versions. The older board the miners hash at least 10% slower with the same software.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
For Linux - only old old old 9.1 Huh     Shocked  Huh
legendary

He's edited and copied his memory timings from 1750 to 2000 in the vbios.

edit:

Some select cards let you copy the 1500, those hash insanely fast.

legendary
Wait so me getting 416 H/s on ploaris 11 on claymore/windows with whatever drivers windows automatically installed is actually blazing fast then.

My only question now is how is he using only 90W on ploaris 10? Is cryptonote just energy efficient?

edit:

I'm happy with 630 H/s on my RX480s, the Gigabyte mainboards on my rigs are the cheapest/slowest ever this is normal.
legendary
with eth bios and clocks (that means lower gpu clock) i get 780-790 h/s @ 90w from wall with 470 4gb.
So you guys are obviously doing something wrong.

Are these numbers from wolf's miner on Ubuntu? "eth bios and clocks" that makes no sense? My RX460 is running at stock speeds, the clock settings in the conf file do nothing.

Using Windows and shitty "blockchain" drivers?

I'm using your miner 0.4 on Ubuntu 16.04 with the latest amdgpu-pro driver. I want to see a screenshot 790 H/s on Polaris 11 or it didn't happen.

He said 470 4G, that would be Polaris 10, IIRC. And I've gotten higher, so I really don't doubt him.

OHHH 470, sorry I missed that. heh
with eth bios and clocks (that means lower gpu clock) i get 780-790 h/s @ 90w from wall with 470 4gb.

Are these numbers from wolf's miner on Ubuntu? "eth bios and clocks" that makes no sense? My RX460 is running at stock speeds, the clock settings in the conf file do nothing.

edit:
Claymore's miner doesn't run under wine, he hasn't provided Linux binaries and my windows computer main board pcie slots are currently fried so I've got no way to currently test his miner. If I recall I think I got 416 H/s but it was this testing that got my windows mainboard fried when I plugged in an extra long HD7970 and the DVI pinout touched the metal case.

legendary
I'm not paying Microsoft $160 for windows if it can't handle multi gpu systems.
legendary

Using Windows and shitty "blockchain" drivers?

I'm using your miner 0.4 on Ubuntu 16.04 with the latest amdgpu-pro driver. I want to see a screenshot 790 H/s on Polaris 11 or it didn't happen.
legendary

edit:
Claymore's miner doesn't run under wine, he hasn't provided Linux binaries and my windows computer main board pcie slots are currently fried so I've got no way to currently test his miner. If I recall I think I got 416 H/s but it was this testing that got my windows mainboard fried when I plugged in an extra long HD7970 and the DVI pinout touched the metal case.
Jump to: