Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 115. (Read 2145043 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0
September 09, 2017, 01:44:38 AM
Just need Help so there is a question:

- I have Sapphire Pulse rx 570 4GB and rx 580 4GB paired with Clay's 9.7 miner.
I am not sure what -h parameter to choose for my cards to get it get better performance if it could...Huh (now i have 730-740h/s per card)
All of my cards running @ 1150/1950 (straps from 1500 copied above Hynix memory az all).

TNX
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
September 08, 2017, 10:58:02 AM
Claymore, how long we looking at for an updated miner?  I simply can not get stability with this miner with newer cards.  Are we looking at a month, a week, a day?  Please provide the forum some hope as to when you plan to have an updated miner for Monero.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
September 08, 2017, 06:39:26 AM
No version with nVidia support?

Guessing i need to upgrade me GTX 260 Black Edition....
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
September 07, 2017, 04:15:23 PM
Hijacking Claymore's thread, never.  Roll Eyes

Anyhow, I got around to modding the bios on a few of my rx480-8gb cards (a miner with 4x msi red cards). I underclocked the gpu, overclocked the memory, lowered the offset voltage and patched in brand specific memory straps (samsung in this case).

Before bios mod:
   2.5 kH/s @ ~500W

After bios mod:
   3.3 kH/s @ ~380W

No dicking around with mystery miner settings and hacked drivers and kernels for me. I also like to thank Wolf for all the information and tools he's provided!
Activity: 64
September 07, 2017, 01:32:16 PM
Guys,
Please take the non-Claymore discussion to a thread that is not about the Claymore miner.  Seems a bit disrespectful to use Claymore's forum for his miner to talk about other miners you are using.  Also, Claymore stated he was going to update this miner after he finished the update on his dual miner, which he did a few weeks ago.  I am looking forward to an update to this miner because I have found it to be unstable with newer cards, and I find his miners to be somewhat user friendly now that I know how to use them.  I don't mind paying a fee as long as it is stable and capable.  With the price of XMR going up I am chomping at the bit to find a good Monero miner that isn't confusing to set up.  I would hope that Claymore would read this thread and provide some feedback and possibly hope on when he will release an updated version of this miner.

Here is the link where claymore sated that he is now working on Cryptonote miner: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21469682

I hope also to use his new miner very soon! As i wrote in my previous message "I pay the fee without problem but this miner has also stability problem on my system, because of this I'm using the sgminer. I hope cleymore will release new version soon."

Thanks
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
September 07, 2017, 11:41:52 AM
Guys,
Please take the non-Claymore discussion to a thread that is not about the Claymore miner.  Seems a bit disrespectful to use Claymore's forum for his miner to talk about other miners you are using.  Also, Claymore stated he was going to update this miner after he finished the update on his dual miner, which he did a few weeks ago.  I am looking forward to an update to this miner because I have found it to be unstable with newer cards, and I find his miners to be somewhat user friendly now that I know how to use them.  I don't mind paying a fee as long as it is stable and capable.  With the price of XMR going up I am chomping at the bit to find a good Monero miner that isn't confusing to set up.  I would hope that Claymore would read this thread and provide some feedback and possibly hope on when he will release an updated version of this miner.
September 07, 2017, 05:56:16 AM
Im using SGminer-GM and it is giving 820Hs on each rx 580 - 8gb, i think there is no fee using this miner.. right?

i stopped using claymore as i notice that it taking fee's continuously. correct me if im wrong and i hope that Sir Claymore could gives us a new updated miner soon..

would it be possible to do Dual mining under cryptonight algo.?
http://i63.tinypic.com/1567rzr.png

I'm using also sgminer 5.5.5-gm on my rx480 rigs. My config is: rawintensity: 512, worksize: 4, gpu-threads: 2. My cards have custom bios for eth and they are clocked cc:1125MHz/mc:2080MHz. Powerlimit in AB -10 and CoreVoltage -96. It gives me 750 h/s per card.

@Jbodz83, can you please write your config and core and memory clocks?

With my config Claymore cryptonote miner gives me about 735-740 but there is a dev fee in this speed
I pay the fee without problem but this miner has also stability problem on my system, because of this I'm using the sgminer. I hope cleymore will release new version soon.

Hi, i used 896 rawintensity

Core Clock 1150 / Mem 2050 on rx 570 4gb and Core clock 1200 / Mem 2225 on RX 580 8gb / -96 mv / temp under 40C / 85% Fan speed (hope this helps and let me know if my config is too much.. as i dont want to have trouble with my GPU's as well  Grin )
--=-=-=-=-=-=-=---=-=-=-=-=-=-START.BAT=---=-=-=-=-=-=-=---=-=-=-=-=-=-=---=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer -k cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool.minexmr.com:4444 -u "ADDRESS" -p x --rawintensity 896 -w 8 -g 2
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=CONFIG-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
{
    "pools":
    [
        {
            "name": "MoneroPool",
            "url": "stratum+tcp://pool.minexmr.com:4444",
            "user": "ADDRESS",
            "pass": "x",
            "priority": "0",
            "profile": "xmr"
        }
    ],
    "profiles":
    [
        {
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "896",
            "worksize": "8",
            "gpu-threads": "1"
        }
    ],
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "no-extranonce": true,
    "gpu-platform": "1"
}
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Great! I changed my rawintensity from 512 to 896 and my hashes jumped from ~750 to ~850. My core and memory clocks are same as I wrote! I will check it for stability and if it will work stable I will change this option on my other rig.
I don't think that such high memory clock is ok for video card! I run my cards not high than 2150!

Thanks for the good rawintensity value Smiley
Activity: 124
September 07, 2017, 03:15:57 AM
Im using SGminer-GM and it is giving 820Hs on each rx 580 - 8gb, i think there is no fee using this miner.. right?

i stopped using claymore as i notice that it taking fee's continuously. correct me if im wrong and i hope that Sir Claymore could gives us a new updated miner soon..

I'm using also sgminer 5.5.5-gm on my rx480 rigs. My config is: rawintensity: 512, worksize: 4, gpu-threads: 2. My cards have custom bios for eth and they are clocked cc:1125MHz/mc:2080MHz. Powerlimit in AB -10 and CoreVoltage -96. It gives me 750 h/s per card.

With my config Claymore cryptonote miner gives me about 735-740 but there is a dev fee in this speed
I pay the fee without problem but this miner has also stability problem on my system, because of this I'm using the sgminer. I hope cleymore will release new version soon.

Hi, i used 896 rawintensity

Core Clock 1150 / Mem 2050 on rx 570 4gb and Core clock 1200 / Mem 2225 on RX 580 8gb / -96 mv / temp under 40C / 85% Fan speed (hope this helps and let me know if my config is too much.. as i dont want to have trouble with my GPU's as well  Grin )
--=-=-=-=-=-=-=---=-=-=-=-=-=-START.BAT=---=-=-=-=-=-=-=---=-=-=-=-=-=-=---=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer -k cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://pool.minexmr.com:4444 -u "ADDRESS" -p x --rawintensity 896 -w 8 -g 2
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=CONFIG-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
{
    "pools":
    [
        {
            "name": "MoneroPool",
            "url": "stratum+tcp://pool.minexmr.com:4444",
            "user": "ADDRESS",
            "pass": "x",
            "priority": "0",
            "profile": "xmr"
        }
    ],
    "profiles":
    [
        {
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "896",
            "worksize": "8",
            "gpu-threads": "1"
        }
    ],
    "default-profile": "xmr",
    "no-extranonce": true,
    "gpu-platform": "1"
}
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
September 06, 2017, 04:15:15 PM

Activity: 124
September 06, 2017, 01:56:31 PM

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
September 06, 2017, 01:40:53 PM
You guys can try SGMiner-GM Nicehash and compare with GG.  dont know which one gives the best hashrate though.  Zawawa has done great work on GG, but he now works for nicehash doing the excavator program.  dont think it does cryptonight yet (could be wrong)
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
September 06, 2017, 10:45:11 AM
I've found the following settings also work good.

--rawintensity 1008
--worksize 7
--gpu-threads 1
Thanks I'll try those to I'm looking for settings for my 280 and 390 I no when gatelessgate was being worked on it was optimized for rx470 which I'm very happy with the rates I'm getting which are better and more stable than Claymore and don't have to pay a fee for a miner he no longer shows interest in
Activity: 16
Merit: 1
September 06, 2017, 10:09:48 AM
I also hope Claymore is gonna update this miner.   Having only RX 580 cards I'm having difficulty obtaining the same hashrates with gateless as it doesnt have any polaris aimed kernel.   I'm sure those cards can do much better.
Activity: 234
Merit: 102
September 05, 2017, 11:29:59 PM
I ended up switching to gatelessgate as well. Claymore would downclock my rx 480 to 300mhz after I updated my video driver.

I really hope he's working on an update like he claimed he was. Monero is more profitable than ether for me right now.
Activity: 1
September 04, 2017, 01:57:24 PM
Linux 64-bit version please.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
September 04, 2017, 12:58:10 PM
I've found the following settings also work good.

--rawintensity 1008
--worksize 7
--gpu-threads 1
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
September 04, 2017, 10:56:32 AM
please beware that there're could be occasional fan jumps to 100%. for rx4 cards use 16.11.4 driver it will fix the fan issues
if you want to get stable performance, no dev fee and higher than claymore's 9.7 hashrate use sgminer (I personally like this one: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gateless-gate-sharp-138-30mhs-ethash-on-rx-480-1716584)

I just tried it with an rx 480 and r9 280. I get 200 h/s less than claymore. 1100h/s with that version and 1300 with claymore.

Also no fan issues with claymore for me on this machine, my other 5x rx 570/580 rig or my 1060 rig.

On rx470 I'm getting from 700h to 724h (depending on the card) @ ~100W from the wall, with 1160:1900-2000 @ 923mv - very stable and cold

Code:
-rawintensity 504 --worksize 4 --gpu-threads 2
Thanks for the the settings I was having nothing but issues on one rig with claymore also I cant see paying 2% when there are no updates or anything being done on this miner I switched my rigs to gatelessgate with your settings on my rx470 and rx570 and Im getting better rates and its stable as hell
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
September 04, 2017, 07:04:33 AM
Hi Mr Claymore,

I've got some competition for you and the dev fee is zero. It's called "Gateless Gate v0.1.3-pre3" and I've got it up and running stable on Windows 10-64bit and Ubuntu 16.04-64bit at really impressive hash rates. It also likes to stay connected to the pool.

I know you'll need some source code to compare your miner with while under development so I found this and it works really good.

Yep. I've been using SGM forks for XMR (and GG is very nice) since well... since this miner is not really updated by Claymore for years.
BTW there's just been released new build of excavator (same author - zawawa) which supports now dual mining with  probably better rates on nvidia... so there's that too, so it's all good
Activity: 4
September 04, 2017, 07:01:52 AM
Hello Claymore,

Why there no development on Linux miner. The last development was on 22nd October 2014 Claymore CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.1 Beta - Linux - POOL Catalyst 14.6.tar.gz after then there no update on Linux Miner.

As we are having issue with Linux v9.1 in Simplemining regarding Monero Mining.

Please Update the Miner. I am Having MSI RX 580 8G Gaming X

Thank you in advance.

Activity: 37
September 04, 2017, 03:26:55 AM
hi,
please submit your hashrates:
https://gpustats.com
thank you!
Jump to: