Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 118. (Read 2145043 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

Blame me??? Fuck you cocksucker!

Who took the Jam out of your Donuts???

AMD did when they sold me a GPU that doesn't work (under Linux).
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I've found a stock of rx560 4gb at a good price, Linux drivers actually work on these cards so I'm feeling calmer now...

AMD has working beta drivers for the 550 they should release them ASAP because I'm not happy with my new paperweight.

look who's burning.
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

Who took the Jam out of your Donuts???
Activity: 100
Just fired this miner back up to switch off of ETH and it can't recognize the -powlim function on my machine.  Curious if others are seeing the -powlim work for them or if this is a universal problem.  Thanks.
legendary
I've found a stock of rx560 4gb at a good price, Linux drivers actually work on these cards so I'm feeling calmer now...

AMD has working beta drivers for the 550 they should release them ASAP because I'm not happy with my new paperweight.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
God Damn 133w in GPU-Z, I'll take my 48w GPU-Z for 20% less hashrate.  I'd overclock everything like crazy, but then again I can't without my electrical system going kaput.
legendary
So I got an RX 550 4GB to test it out and tossed it in with 3 other RX 480s...

"Selected OpenCL device index 3 doesn't exist."

I can't believe this, the amdgpu-pro driver doesn't support this card. There's no fucking Linux driver for this card!  Cry

Windows drivers don't support more than 8 GPUs, what is this nonsense?Huh?

The Vega hashes at 41 MH/s (ETH) for 300W... GARBAGE! and there are no other cards left. NVIDIA, fucking useless!!!

HEY FUCK YOU AMD!!!!

edit:

Instant paperweight, let me explain;

I can't return it because there's nothing wrong with the hardware or the Windows drivers included on the CD it came with. I can't use it because my Windows box is a free win 10 upgrade from win 7 that was upgraded from win XP. What CD-KEY do I use? The OS is tied to the mainboard and the mainboard has all the pcie slots fried, I'm using the on board video now. There's more to this key issue too, Windows Store is broken because it's confused over the keys and it refuses to load the calculator and other apps, the OS literally can't even add 1+1.

The Linux OpenCL is 100% broken and has been for months, AMD does nothing. My new mainboard to replace the fried one has 13 pcie slots but Windows only supports 8 GPUs, that's if I buy a new copy of Windows (throwing good money after bad, I think not).

I got sold the RX 550 working with Linux, it states so on their web page. I WAS MISLED!!!!!!!

Windows supports more than 8 gpus. it's the drivers that don't support more then 8 gpus. You can have a rig with 8 AMD and 8 Nvidia gpus.
AMD will release i driver that supports more gpus, don't know when.
I've seen people mining with RX 550, so i guess the problem isn't AMD but your system.

PROOF IT'S AMD's PROBLEM!!!! ----> https://community.amd.com/message/2813323#comment-2813323

MORE PROOF IT'S AMD's PROBLEM!!!! ----> https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/issues/88

EVEN MORE PROOF IT'S AMD's PROBLEM!!!! ---->  https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/82282/amd-rx550-4gb-gpu-opencl-not-available-in-cycles-rendering-compute

I can't believe this, the amdgpu-pro driver doesn't support this card. There's no fucking Linux driver for this card!  Cry

The Vega hashes at 41 MH/s (ETH) for 300W... GARBAGE! and there are no other cards left. NVIDIA, fucking useless!!!

HEY FUCK YOU AMD!!!!

edit:

I can't return it because there's nothing wrong with the hardware or the Windows drivers included on the CD it came with. I can't use it because my Windows box is a free win 10 upgrade from win 7 that was upgraded from win XP. What CD-KEY do I use? The OS is tied to the mainboard and the mainboard has all the pcie slots fried, I'm using the on board video now. There's more to this key issue too, Windows Store is broken because it's confused over the keys and it refuses to load the calculator and other apps, the OS literally can't even add 1+1.

The Linux OpenCL is 100% broken and has been for months, AMD does nothing. My new mainboard to replace the fried one has 13 pcie slots but Windows only supports 8 GPUs, that's if I buy a new copy of Windows (throwing good money after bad, I think not).

I got sold the RX 550 working with Linux, it states so on their web page. I WAS MISLED!!!!!!!

Windows supports more than 8 gpus. it's the drivers that don't support more then 8 gpus. You can have a rig with 8 AMD and 8 Nvidia gpus.
AMD will release i driver that supports more gpus, don't know when.
I've seen people mining with RX 550, so i guess the problem isn't AMD but your system.
hi i need bat to turn my fans on 75%  i already set a lot of conf and did a lots of tests but never fun work ! i have 4 gpu rx 570 thanks

-fanmin 75,75,75,75
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
hi i need bat to turn my fans on 75%  i already set a lot of conf and did a lots of tests but never fun work ! i have 4 gpu rx 570 thanks
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Hi.Which driver is better to use for monero?Now the miner is running on the Beta drivers for the Blockchain but there are some problems-a lot of rejections,a miner is not showing the temperature of the graphics card

The Claymore Crytonote miner hasn't been updated for the new AMD API that was implemented in the blockchain beta drivers and Relive v17.7.2 drivers. If you want to see the temperature and fan speeds, you need to use the Relive v 17.7.1 drivers. The rejections probably have to do with your overclocking settings or the pool, not the drivers.
Well i didnt see @Claymore to reply to my question about if he will release a new miner soon ? Any thoughts if he still tracks this thread?

he answered that question more than once. just read the thread.
legendary

HEY FUCK YOU AMD!!!!

edit:

Activity: 102
 Hello ! May i ask that : We can not using Claymore's CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.7  for mining Algorithm:  Crypto ?
 Sorry i'm new and i'm  searching with no answear !
Activity: 33
thats why i hope he will release a new one soon.
PLEASE CLAYMORE HEAR US Cheesy
Activity: 8
Hi.Which driver is better to use for monero?Now the miner is running on the Beta drivers for the Blockchain but there are some problems-a lot of rejections,a miner is not showing the temperature of the graphics card
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
i think he will release a new version, but that update will contain support for Vega cards.
Activity: 33
Well i didnt see @Claymore to reply to my question about if he will release a new miner soon ? Any thoughts if he still tracks this thread?
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
this card has def clocks 1260/2000 so i don't think that +100mhs is much Smiley
I see:)
the watts grow kinda exponentially there. I think 1200 is already an overclock for first rx4* batch of polarises... but its rather becoming more and more fluid... due to the growing complexity and such.
Makes me wonder about the silicon wall (no smaller then 5nm will be likely possible) and how long it will take industry to start using exotics or moving to 3d or such and how much it would cost.

Edit: maybe it's a good time to pause and wait for carbon/graphene nanotubes/or whatever to mature so we'll start growing the stuff we need from the lowest level, instead of carving out and discarding the stuff that we don't need from a bigger piece of material.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

lol. yeah 1366 core and 2100mem is really nice 470s...
I never went above 1180MHz on my polarises, nor above 930mv... and I just wouldn't run it on 1.13V, but hey it's yours:)

this card has def clocks 1260/2000 so i don't think that +100mhs is much Smiley
Anyways, not running it at those speeds, that was just for fun.
Jump to: