Author

Topic: Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v11.3 - page 270. (Read 2145040 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I got only 2500h/s with 6*280x @1160.What's wrong?To compare,My another 6*270x got 2230 h/s.So little gap.

Probably you have Hynix memory on 270x and Elpida memory on 280x. Elpida memory is slower, memory type is important.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
what this? -

07/01/14-19:57:13 - SHARE FOUND (target 62000) - (GPU 0 of 3)
WATCHDOG: Thread 8286904 hangs in OpenCL call, you need to restart miner Sad

It means that miner is unstable on your system. The best solution is to use "-wd 1" option to close miner in such cases and use script to restart it.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Why is so small performance gays between my 270x and 280x ?
Both are 6x rig.270x get 2230h/s  but 280x only get 2800h/s
Activity: 308
Merit: 100

Yup, hopefully it will be done soon. Nice to see an open source miner come out.

Guys, do not rejoice. It's more bad than good news. Now this adgoritm will be available not only for window miners, but also for Linux Miners too. So again significantly increase the diff of the network, but it is much worse than dev fee.

Wow greedy guy over here. I expect as the development of Cryptonote coins continues, the exchange rates will rise. I think this is good news as it means development for Cryptonote is advancing. I could be wrong though.

Unfortunately history has shown that there's not much correlation between hashrate and exchange rate.  For instance, BTC's hashrate is far above what it was 6 months ago, and its price is far lower.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Guys for anyone who wants to mine on xmr.farm with claymore should use port 5555... thank you Tongue
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Anyone else got problem with 280x rig? when i run single card it works fine, but when I add 2nd card it keeps crashing after few
hours of mining(6-18h). I get notice about virtual memory, i tryed to set it to 16gb and 32gb, still crashing. I got 8gb of ram and
280x toxic, on stock it works ~840hashes (1150engine 1600mem), if i downclock to 1100engine, 1500mem it works 860 hashes and
i still get crash after like 12h.
This is the msg - GPU memory allocation failed. Try to set at least 16 GB of Virtual Memory: Computer Properties / Advanced System Settings
 / Performance / Advanced / Virtual Memory

nope.

running 5 cards on 8.1, no problems.

it ran for 4-5 days before i restarted it.

How much is ur virtual memory 16bg?
Activity: 356
my hash rates still drop over time. Does anyone else notice that? This is specifically on r9 290s.

This situation still occurs. Does it happen for others?

My 7950s and 7970s seem impressively stable.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
what this? -

07/01/14-19:57:13 - SHARE FOUND (target 62000) - (GPU 0 of 3)
Activity: 392
I got only 2500h/s with 6*280x @1160.What's wrong?To compare,My another 6*270x got 2230 h/s.So little gap.
Activity: 118
Guys, do not rejoice. It's more bad than good news. Now this adgoritm will be available not only for window miners, but also for Linux Miners too.

Nothing can stop progress. Enjoy your last days in elite windows club  Tongue
And IMHO. If coins are strong more hashrate will not do much harm.
Activity: 266

Guys, do not rejoice. It's more bad than good news. Now this adgoritm will be available not only for window miners, but also for Linux Miners too. So again significantly increase the diff of the network, but it is much worse than dev fee.

Wow greedy guy over here. I expect as the development of Cryptonote coins continues, the exchange rates will rise. I think this is good news as it means development for Cryptonote is advancing. I could be wrong though.
Activity: 266

Just noticed both of my cards are only using 1gb out of 2gb memory and I am not in crossfire mode. I get a decent hashrate though, about 390 h/s per 270x. Is MSI afterburner just reporting the statistics incorrectly?
Activity: 10

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

copper member
Activity: 194
Any advice how to keep my 290 stay under 75 c ?

i run at stock clock but they go to 79-82 fan at 90

how to lower the intensity?

I will add "intensity" option soon, working on it.

Ok thanks, also new fun lower some degree  now it is 75 during day..
Activity: 378
coolaboratory liquid pro  Cool
or
coolaboratory liquid metal pad (for cpu 38*38mm) - it`s enough one pad to cut for 4 gpus

Is it proven to be better than the average paste/pad or is it just marketing ?

I know from experience that even a shit thermal paste give good result when you change from old paste.

clp,clu  is a good paste but hard to remove after.Also you should be very careful when applying and it eats aluminum.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
or
coolaboratory liquid metal pad (for cpu 38*38mm) - it`s enough one pad to cut for 4 gpus

Is it proven to be better than the average paste/pad or is it just marketing ?

I know from experience that even a shit thermal paste give good result when you change from old paste.

legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
or
Activity: 118
Any news on Linux version ?

I understand miner is not open source but maybe I can have pre-compiled version for PIMP ?
Have no any wish to install windows on all my rigs.
Jump to: