Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1048. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I used to be able to edit config.txt before.
in new version it says default is "read-only"

How to change back this behavior to change it to "read-write" so I can control my rigs on lan?
Thank you

Which "new version" do you mean? It is in ZEC miner, not here, isn't it?
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
I used to be able to edit config.txt before.
in new version it says default is "read-only"

How to change back this behavior to change it to "read-write" so I can control my rigs on lan?
Thank you
Activity: 348
Merit: 119
@claymore hi and thanks for those miners , you deserve your fees Smiley
but you have to improve the stability of this miner , i m new in mining with 4x rx480 8go actually

Ethdcrminer64.exe stop work at launch most of time when :

Code:
start building OpenCL program...

this problem is not new , i see some people have it to since older version  ....

this coming 4 time on 5 launch , i try windows 10 & windows 7 both have this issue with differents drivers, and follow the troubleshot ...

all visual c++ are installed , etc.

ZecMiner64.exe never stop like this, is fully stable. the only crash was on v7 when devfee mining sometime

please please  improve the stability of this ETH miner.  Smiley

seem the problem is with amdocl12cl64.dll
Activity: 504
Merit: 267
HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!
after some testing it seems that when the sapphire ref cards get too hot the MH/s drops from around 31.5 or 30 (depends on card) to around 27-22MH/s and keeps on throttelling and jumping all around the place.

since now its winter here in germany, this isnt such a big problem for me, but i plan to take the rig with me to a much hotter country in the summer and im afraid this will be far from ideal setup.

also im currently using some XFX rx 480 8gb RS, where i just copied a memory strap. they seem to run stable at 28mh/s even when the sapphire cards start to throttle. so i believe they will be the right choise for me for the long run. also im about to get one sapphire NITRO+  480 8gb card and try to flash and OC it like some guy on youtube did to get like 30.5 MH/s.

question is, any of you guys are living in hot climate regions or simply run your rig in a hot poorly ventilated place? i would be interested to know what you think about the optimal setup for such places Roll Eyes
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
UPD 2 Mr.Claymore I can repeat this bug now. It happens only with "big" config files and happens only when killing the EthMan.exe process in the Task manager. I also see that EthMan is trying to save the config file, even if it is killed abnormally. And I suppose it just has not enough time to finish the save operation and flush the disk cash.

Why do you kill EthMan from TaskMan? EthMan saves data at exit and it can cause this issue. EthMan cannot detect that you kill it abnormally, TaskMan sends normal WM_CLOSE message firstly, in Win7 it waits then, don't know about Win10.

Why? Because, as I said, I couldn't close it normally. It came to a state, when all miners were red colored as they were not available. And EthMan didn't respond to a "Close" command. It happens earlier or later, but it happens, if EthMan runs for a long time. Can I provide you with any additional helping info? Mmmm, may be... As I said before, I have two EthMan windows opened. Next time I see one of them hangs, I will check if this one gets config wrecked, not the second one, that runs normally.

P.S.But you have at least 2 options:

1) Wait 0.5sec before writing the config at exit
2) Perform a crash safe writing. So, write the temp file first, then make a copy of the current file as "*.old" and finally rename the temp file to a normal name.
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
Damn, my 290x (Hynix) keeps crashing (on stock settings) after few hours of mining. Program freezes so bad that I need to restart computer. I got 2 rigs each has 5 gpus (280x, 290x) and I only got problem with 1 card. I tryed the card which crashed on both rigs and I get same results. It works good on claymores monero miner. Is there anything I can do? Any ideas? I had this problem on all versions.

Have you tried lowering eth mining intensity with '-ethi'?  Default is 8, so use -ethi 8,8,8,8,7  with 7 where the bad GPU is, then try 6..5..4 etc until it stops crashing. Are you dual mining? if so try lowering intensity of whatever else you're mining.
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
UPD 2 Mr.Claymore I can repeat this bug now. It happens only with "big" config files and happens only when killing the EthMan.exe process in the Task manager. I also see that EthMan is trying to save the config file, even if it is killed abnormally. And I suppose it just has not enough time to finish the save operation and flush the disk cash.

Why do you kill EthMan from TaskMan? EthMan saves data at exit and it can cause this issue. EthMan cannot detect that you kill it abnormally, TaskMan sends normal WM_CLOSE message firstly, in Win7 it waits then, don't know about Win10.

@Claymore - do you have any plans to incorporate the Nvidia Zcash miner into your dual miner?  I really like your dual miner but would also like to mine Zcash at the same time.

He said that zcash can't be mined with some other algorithm. So I think there will be no dual miner with zcash as one of the algo Sad
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Damn, my 290x (Hynix) keeps crashing (on stock settings) after few hours of mining. Program freezes so bad that I need to restart computer. I got 2 rigs each has 5 gpus (280x, 290x) and I only got problem with 1 card. I tryed the card which crashed on both rigs and I get same results. It works good on claymores monero miner. Is there anything I can do? Any ideas? I had this problem on all versions.
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

@Claymore - do you have any plans to incorporate the Nvidia Zcash miner into your dual miner?  I really like your dual miner but would also like to mine Zcash at the same time.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Miner can't correclty detect temperature of GPU's and gives little error(thats dont stop mining) if their temperature above zero ( yeah this is severe siberian climate  Grin )
oh god are you trying to melt all the ice around you ? Wink
You don't have condensation/humidity problems ?
thank you.

so also this new ether will be getting its own name on wallets and exchange sites? such as ETC then ETH and now CETH?
No this is still regular ETH, no new coin. This is just to enforce new rules on the ETH blockchain (not to revert transactions as after the DAO "problem") to avoid spamming of the blockchain and overloading of the nodes
Activity: 251
Miner can't correclty detect temperature of GPU's and gives little error(thats dont stop mining) if their temperature above zero ( yeah this is severe siberian climate  Grin )
i asked because i read this :  https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/11/18/hard-fork-no-4-spurious-dragon/
where he says to get the ethereum/mist wallet 0.8.7, but its exactly the one i've been using so far.. weird thing that happened is that it started syncing from the start yesterday.. dont know why.

about the pool. maybe thats why dwarfpool was dows for some time yesterday?

so am i all set or do i need to do any changes? still confused)
The latest wallet that you have is auto downloading new clients when needed (eth/geth) so you don't have to worry about forks & updates

thank you.

so also this new ether will be getting its own name on wallets and exchange sites? such as ETC then ETH and now CETH?
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
when i fired up mist 8.7 yesterday it updated geth (go?) to 1.5.2 and continued to use my current blockchain. actually i have never had to resync the blockchain, its still the original i started with back in march.

only odd thing that happened to me was when the 1st time i exited mist geth kept running on its own. i had to end process it in the windows task manager. opened and closed mist again and geth exited properly. struck me as odd but its been fine since.
i asked because i read this :  https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/11/18/hard-fork-no-4-spurious-dragon/
where he says to get the ethereum/mist wallet 0.8.7, but its exactly the one i've been using so far.. weird thing that happened is that it started syncing from the start yesterday.. dont know why.

The latest wallet that you have is auto downloading new clients when needed (eth/geth) so you don't have to worry about forks & updates
confused.

so ethereum just forked right? do we need to change something in the bat file or what?
fork = client change.

So you need to update your wallet, but for mining, this is taken care by your pool operator

confused.

so ethereum just forked right? do we need to change something in the bat file or what?
fork = client change.

So you need to update your wallet, but for mining, this is taken care by your pool operator
confused.

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I think it's because Decred is out of favor/on it's way out.
Jump to: