Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1060. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Now when silentarmy v3 miner comes, the power of Claymore's miner is its user friendliness and a lot of options including remote monitoring and management. Plus now Windows version that silentarmy v3 lucks (yet).

Though, I still cannot run ETH CDM on some motherboard that has internal video set as a primary (it does not start without it). CDM just does not have an "OpenCL platform" option and fails to run on it. Another system under Windows I know of does not display temperatures for cards for the same reason: Windows detects internal video as the 1st adapter and return its temperature readings to CDM. So CDM mines on few AMD GPUs but displays just one temperature for internal video that happened to be found as the 1st adapter in the Windows system. And there is no option to select the temp/fan monitoring platform and order.

This is where open source rules: I can fix anything there, but in CDM.
Buy a dummy hdmi plug, costs $15 and saves you from enabling internal graphics or lacking temp/fans/overclocking
Yeah for some reason AMD cards only show temps, and give clocks, voltage etc options if at least one AMD card has a monitor attached.  You can get an HDMI dummy plug, or use second video input on monitor (if it has it).  I have no problems with my miners, mostly Intel, but have one with an APU, never had issues if I used the plugs.  You don't need them to mine, but better remote desktop, and monitoring.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Now when silentarmy v3 miner comes, the power of Claymore's miner is its user friendliness and a lot of options including remote monitoring and management. Plus now Windows version that silentarmy v3 lucks (yet).

Though, I still cannot run ETH CDM on some motherboard that has internal video set as a primary (it does not start without it). CDM just does not have an "OpenCL platform" option and fails to run on it. Another system under Windows I know of does not display temperatures for cards for the same reason: Windows detects internal video as the 1st adapter and return its temperature readings to CDM. So CDM mines on few AMD GPUs but displays just one temperature for internal video that happened to be found as the 1st adapter in the Windows system. And there is no option to select the temp/fan monitoring platform and order.

Buy a dummy hdmi plug, costs $15 and saves you from enabling internal graphics or lacking temp/fans/overclocking
Activity: 353

Activity: 151
Moar mining!!! .. oh wait, that's too much
The rule that hashrate follows price is obviously kind of broken in XMR. I guess due to the many botnets which mine for free. The same could happen to ZEC soon. CPU coins suck.

It's easier to set up a one size fits all miner that can be run on n PCs to CPU mine for XMR. Less the case for other currencies.
Activity: 151
Moar mining!!! .. oh wait, that's too much
CPU mining in Zcash will be obsolete very soon! As the difficulty rises CPU's will retire!

No ' in CPUs
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I see everybody is online and hitting F5 Smiley)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Claymore! Claymore! Claymore!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
If difficulty rises for CPU, it also rises for GPU. So that is not true, since a CPU can do half the hash of a RX480.
By the time its launched, zec will be less profitable then eth...  I got all my machines switched over to zcash finally running stable and the price has dropped by 50% while difficulty increases 200% every couple days.  another week i might switch back to eth for stability. 

Yeah I'm watching ETH and XMR to try to decide when to resume mining them. It's really hard to predict when that point will be - when everyone else switches back over is too late  Roll Eyes Grin

The rule that hashrate follows price is obviously kind of broken in XMR. I guess due to the many botnets which mine for free. The same could happen to ZEC soon. CPU coins suck.

CPU mining in Zcash will be obsolete very soon! As the difficulty rises CPU's will retire!
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
By the time its launched, zec will be less profitable then eth...  I got all my machines switched over to zcash finally running stable and the price has dropped by 50% while difficulty increases 200% every couple days.  another week i might switch back to eth for stability. 

Yeah I'm watching ETH and XMR to try to decide when to resume mining them. It's really hard to predict when that point will be - when everyone else switches back over is too late  Roll Eyes Grin

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Ive got RX470 OC 4GB Hynix.. Windows only.. Can you recommend settings as Ive tried everything but cant find the sweet spot...

Sorry, I don't have experience with the RX470's.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
Really no point in this miner since with Silentarmy V3 on linux you can get 40Sol/s currently with the 290/390. With some tweaking OC you can get 45Sol/s probably. So with his 5% dev fee, you will most likely net the exact same amount.

I doubt Claymore can get more than 40-50 Sols with the RX 470/480 which you are currently getting with Silentarmy V3 for linux.

since we don't all use Linux we need the Claymore miner now more then ever for WINDOWS!

that's what i'm seeing too...linux miners got the edge in mining ZEC right now, Claymore will hopefully level the playing field.
Activity: 10
Really no point in this miner since with Silentarmy V3 on linux you can get 40Sol/s currently with the 290/390. With some tweaking OC you can get 45Sol/s probably. So with his 5% dev fee, you will most likely net the exact same amount.

I doubt Claymore can get more than 40-50 Sols with the RX 470/480 which you are currently getting with Silentarmy V3 for linux.

since we don't all use Linux we need the Claymore miner now more then ever for WINDOWS!
i have 6 rigs full r9 390 claymores offers more power with this hardware i dont care anything just claymores zec miner!!!

Activity: 38
Claymore, Zcash just launched an update that fixes the problem with the z-address, among others:

https://z.cash/blog/new-release-minor-bugfixes.html
Activity: 21
Silent Army v3, Ubuntu 16.04:

6 x RX 480 8GB OC:

Total 280.2 sol/s [dev0 48.1, dev1 44.9, dev2 49.3, dev3 48.7, dev4 50.7, dev5 49.1] 579 shares
Total 281.1 sol/s [dev0 47.4, dev1 46.1, dev2 49.1, dev3 47.7, dev4 49.6, dev5 51.2] 581 shares
Total 281.9 sol/s [dev0 47.8, dev1 45.6, dev2 48.8, dev3 49.9, dev4 49.1, dev5 48.2] 583 shares
Total 281.1 sol/s [dev0 47.8, dev1 46.2, dev2 46.3, dev3 49.0, dev4 48.6, dev5 49.8] 583 shares
Total 281.3 sol/s [dev0 48.5, dev1 47.0, dev2 45.3, dev3 48.9, dev4 48.3, dev5 50.3] 585 shares
Total 281.1 sol/s [dev0 48.1, dev1 47.2, dev2 44.9, dev3 47.4, dev4 49.6, dev5 49.7] 586 shares
Total 280.9 sol/s [dev0 48.8, dev1 45.7, dev2 46.0, dev3 49.0, dev4 48.3, dev5 49.1] 587 shares
Total 280.9 sol/s [dev0 48.1, dev1 46.5, dev2 43.5, dev3 49.2, dev4 49.1, dev5 51.0] 590 shares

Thats really amazing hashrates.. Well done.. Ive got RX470 OC 4GB Hynix.. Windows only.. Can you recommend settings as Ive tried everything but cant find the sweet spot...
Activity: 196
Girl are you sitting on the F5 key? Cuz that ass is refereshing
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Activity: 26
Activity: 353
You should to buy a comp with Windows
For mining? Thanks, never.  Grin

Running diskless rigs under Linux for mining, Windows when I need them. MacOS when I celebrate own birthday (like today) laying in a bed.
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Jump to: