Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1117. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
how to fix nvidia fan error 999 message?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Currently someone attacks ethereum network, some pools don't work correctly.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Error

ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

I'm getting the same on my rigs
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
error

Probably you are trying to mine Ethereum fork. Please specify "-allcoins 1" option. Check "Readme" file for details.
ETH: Cannot find seed that was received from pool!
Activity: 311
Error

ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
i get an "
ETH: Received error: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","error":{"code":-42,"message":"Timeout"}}" what does this mean??
there is an attack at Geth nodes in the network..
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
http://INVESTNCRYPTO.COM
i get an "
ETH: Received error: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","error":{"code":-42,"message":"Timeout"}}" what does this mean??
Activity: 58
I cannot reproduce it, but I will check the code.

This error occurs randomly and unexpectedly, the system is not observed
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Hello claymore

The -di command disable/enable the ports on the mobo? Or the  gpu?
Disables GPU, the ordering is based on how OpenCL/Cuda returns them.  AMD GPUs first, then Nvidia GPUs.  It seems to match the order they show up in Radeon Settings. APU may be 0.
Activity: 44
Today got an error
OpenCL on GPU one crashed. Watchdog exited but the miner is unable to restart. Hands whole system.
Any solution?

Power off / Power on... Not what you wanted to hear but... It's a solution..

I get the same problem occasionally, Try looking at the problematic card, Down-clocking it etc.

I think this is more random problem. I upgraded drivers from 16.7.3 to 16.8 and it worked well over night. I guess it will keep on working well. I was thinking about using -r option to set 30 min time to force reboot and then keep bat file in the startup with delay of 30 sec. But that means I will lose 3-5%  mininig time further.

But anyway, so far so good.. it is working for now Smiley
thanx for your advice

I have a similar problem.

Gpu 4 failed in open cl call , after a time this freeze the system.

Some time the gpu work for a hours and sometimes for a few minutes. Your udgrade drivers?
Activity: 44
Hello claymore

The -di command disable/enable the ports on the mobo? Or the  gpu?
Activity: 546
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
Today got an error
OpenCL on GPU one crashed. Watchdog exited but the miner is unable to restart. Hands whole system.
Any solution?

Power off / Power on... Not what you wanted to hear but... It's a solution..

I get the same problem occasionally, Try looking at the problematic card, Down-clocking it etc.

I think this is more random problem. I upgraded drivers from 16.7.3 to 16.8 and it worked well over night. I guess it will keep on working well. I was thinking about using -r option to set 30 min time to force reboot and then keep bat file in the startup with delay of 30 sec. But that means I will lose 3-5%  mininig time further.

But anyway, so far so good.. it is working for now Smiley
thanx for your advice
Activity: 25
I have a few questions regarding the Linux version:
- Is coloured text in the terminal possible? If so, how?
- How would I run the miner at system startup as user, inside screen ?
- For Claymore, can you build with a newer libcurl version so I don't have to install the libcurl-compat package ?
- Is temp/fan monitoring/change possible with AMDGPU driver ? If yes, does it require X to be running ?

Maybe Claymore or someone else can clear this up for me.

- How would I run the miner at system startup as user, inside screen ?

Depends on which distro you are using but add the application to the "Startup Applications" with the following command:

gnome-terminal -e "'\home\path\to\directory\start.sh'"

Note: there are single quotes inbetween the double quotes in case there are spaces in the directory path.

gnome-terminal or mate-terminal or terminal vary based on the distro you are using.
donator
Miners developer
Sorry if already asked/answered: is there any android app to monitor your rigs via phone?

Yes, search for "android" in this thread.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
Sorry if already asked/answered: is there any android app to monitor your rigs via phone?
donator
Miners developer
Dear Claymore,

I uses EthMan version 1.7.
However, the browser is often an annoying bug reports:
Code:
List index out of bounds (3)

Please correct!

I cannot reproduce it, but I will check the code.
donator
Miners developer
The internal GPU does not have enough memory to work, but the second card has 2gb allocated to it and it works ok with ethminer?

Error is CL_INVALID_WORK_ITEM_SIZE
You won't be able to start this miner on your videocard, it is not supported. It is possible to fix it though, I will try to do it in next update.

very much appreciated Smiley

when will you issue the next update (not pushing ... simply asking Smiley)

In a few days.

Why 15.12 driver recomend?
15.12 driver: 88.7 eth + 5320 dcr
16.9.1 driver: 91 eth + 5460 dcr
3 Fury X, Win 10 64

Because I have no time to test the miner on all drivers versions. You can use any drivers version you want if it works for you.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
Why 15.12 driver recomend?

15.12 driver: 88.7 eth + 5320 dcr

16.9.1 driver: 91 eth + 5460 dcr

3 Fury X, Win 10 64
Activity: 58
Dear Claymore,

I uses EthMan version 1.7.
However, the browser is often an annoying bug reports:
Code:
List index out of bounds (3)

Please correct!
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
i forgot to say that at 1250 GPU and 2200 MC system is stable...just need to undervolt it, but i do not now how, and how much mV per card?

Use Wattman in Radeon settings.  For that card you can drop from stock (~1150mv) to ~1050mv at full 1342MHz, or drop clock to a lower OC and use 960-1020mv.  Depends on ASIC quality, but out of 10 Nitro cards these are what I use.  Usually at 1260MHz you can drop below 1000mv unless ASIC quality is really low.  Going below 1000mv you also need to drop memory voltage.  My worst card ASIC quality in the 0.4 percentile runs 1050mv @ 1306 Mhz.  980mv usually safe @ 1260Mhz.  I have ran semi stable down to ~940mv and 960 is often long term stable. Use GPU-Z to see actual voltage.

thank you. very good info.

One question. So if i want to maksimaze Mhash, i will go from stock MC (2000) to 2200 Mhz and i will lover GPU clock to 1250 or less (from stock 1346). how fair i can go with voltega if stock is 1150 mV?

i saw, that if i have 2200 MC and if i drop GPU clock to somewhere around 1050Mhz, i lost around 5-10 Mhash overall. but cannot confirm,that is less power hungry.
do you cheak at GPU-Z avg power? temporary i have around 150W (4 GPU),one gpu is showing 198w avg,which is a little to high. 1200 GPUC and 2200MC.

I think you can drop GPU clock without loosing Eth, but secondary coin would be slightly slower.  I leave around 1260, which is default for the 470 Nitro cards.  On a 470 dual mining GPU-Z shows 110-120 GPU Only power draw on a 470, or ~130-140 on a 480, depends on how low voltage is.  1000mv should be doable by most cards, I start at 1020mv and end up ~960-1000 usually.  You can lower voltage more if lowering clock, someone said they can lower to 800mv @ like 900Mhz, but I haven't tested.  At 1050Mhz perhaps you could try 900mv?

Eth speed is pretty much 100% dependent on memory speed, secondary coin is affected by core clock.

You can also lower power by lowering -dcri, to slow down secondary coin.  LBRY uses ~10w less power, but lowers Eth speed ~2MH, it is currently less profitable.  Best balance right now is ~22Mh Eth, 50Mh lbry, though sia still better.
Jump to: