Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1118. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 525
Merit: 500
Today got an error
OpenCL on GPU one crashed. Watchdog exited but the miner is unable to restart. Hands whole system.
Any solution?

Power off / Power on... Not what you wanted to hear but... It's a solution..

I get the same problem occasionally, Try looking at the problematic card, Down-clocking it etc.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
Today got an error
OpenCL on GPU one crashed. Watchdog exited but the miner is unable to restart. Hands whole system.
Any solution?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I have a few questions regarding the Linux version:
- Is coloured text in the terminal possible? If so, how?
- How would I run the miner at system startup as user, inside screen ?
- For Claymore, can you build with a newer libcurl version so I don't have to install the libcurl-compat package ?
- Is temp/fan monitoring/change possible with AMDGPU driver ? If yes, does it require X to be running ?

Maybe Claymore or someone else can clear this up for me.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
i forgot to say that at 1250 GPU and 2200 MC system is stable...just need to undervolt it, but i do not now how, and how much mV per card?

Use Wattman in Radeon settings.  For that card you can drop from stock (~1150mv) to ~1050mv at full 1342MHz, or drop clock to a lower OC and use 960-1020mv.  Depends on ASIC quality, but out of 10 Nitro cards these are what I use.  Usually at 1260MHz you can drop below 1000mv unless ASIC quality is really low.  Going below 1000mv you also need to drop memory voltage.  My worst card ASIC quality in the 0.4 percentile runs 1050mv @ 1306 Mhz.  980mv usually safe @ 1260Mhz.  I have ran semi stable down to ~940mv and 960 is often long term stable. Use GPU-Z to see actual voltage.

thank you. very good info.

One question. So if i want to maksimaze Mhash, i will go from stock MC (2000) to 2200 Mhz and i will lover GPU clock to 1250 or less (from stock 1346). how fair i can go with voltega if stock is 1150 mV?

i saw, that if i have 2200 MC and if i drop GPU clock to somewhere around 1050Mhz, i lost around 5-10 Mhash overall. but cannot confirm,that is less power hungry.
do you cheak at GPU-Z avg power? temporary i have around 150W (4 GPU),one gpu is showing 198w avg,which is a little to high. 1200 GPUC and 2200MC.

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
i forgot to say that at 1250 GPU and 2200 MC system is stable...just need to undervolt it, but i do not now how, and how much mV per card?

Use Wattman in Radeon settings.  For that card you can drop from stock (~1150mv) to ~1050mv at full 1342MHz, or drop clock to a lower OC and use 960-1020mv.  Depends on ASIC quality, but out of 10 Nitro cards these are what I use.  Usually at 1260MHz you can drop below 1000mv unless ASIC quality is really low.  Going below 1000mv you also need to drop memory voltage.  My worst card ASIC quality in the 0.4 percentile runs 1050mv @ 1306 Mhz.  980mv usually safe @ 1260Mhz.  I have ran semi stable down to ~940mv and 960 is often long term stable. Use GPU-Z to see actual voltage.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Hello

How i make that my bat closed and open after a gpu fall ?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Is it possible  that dual SIA mining NOT change hashrate  compared to ETH only?
Or there is something wrong with cards/drivers etc?
Gigabyte 380x.. about 20mhs a card with and without SIA..

Moreover, at some (not large) -dcri values in dual mode you can get a bit more ETH hashrate compared to ETH-only mode (because of shorter queue to memory access), though I see it on 390 cards only.
Increase -dcri and ETH hashrate will fall.

Interesting. I would think the opposite or assume you can use some tricks to achieve the same without the increased power draw (like explicitly flushing or deliberately "starving" that queue).

I don't currently run a secondary coin because high memory clocks with tight timings are only stable at low temperatures (which is also beneficial for power efficiency on it's own) and it's hard to keep the reference 480s cool even at ~100% fan speed if they are busy with two coins. So, single-ETH seems to be better overall (for me, for now. may be winter will change that).
Activity: 307
Moreover, at some (not large) -dcri values in dual mode you can get a bit more ETH hashrate compared to ETH-only mode (because of shorter queue to memory access), though I see it on 390 cards only.
On my RX 480 Nitro+, increasing -dcri to about 40 for SIA will also increase the hashrate for ETH. MemClk = 2200 and core  = 1050 mV.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

Read my previous post, I've just edited it  Grin

i saw that, but it is only for mining ETH. Not dual mining EHT +SIA.

I will still looking, maybe i miss something.

I'm dual mining ETC + SIA

may i ask what is the result with hash? dual ETH +SIA and power consuption?

thanks
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Activity: 291
The internal GPU does not have enough memory to work, but the second card has 2gb allocated to it and it works ok with ethminer?

Error is CL_INVALID_WORK_ITEM_SIZE
You won't be able to start this miner on your videocard, it is not supported. It is possible to fix it though, I will try to do it in next update.

very much appreciated Smiley

when will you issue the next update (not pushing ... simply asking Smiley)
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1037
6.25 ---> 3.125
another noob question how to join a pool like ethpool or nanopool
I am going to setup 3 rigs with 5gpu's on each of them so my question is how to join the pool for each of coin this Miner supports

Thanks in advance
There is a start.bat file in the Claymore directory. This is called a batch file. It can be setup to run when your computer turns on. You need to do a couple things first.

1. Set your computer to automatically login to windows on reboot and not require username/password.
http://www.howtogeek.com/112919/how-to-make-your-windows-8-computer-logon-automatically/

2. Make a shortcut to the claymore start.bat file and put it into the windows startup folder
http://www.howtogeek.com/228467/how-to-make-a-program-run-at-startup-on-any-computer/

I am going to setup 3 rigs with 5gpu's on each of them so my question is how to join the pool for each of coin this Miner supports

Thanks in advance

You don't want to mine at ethpool. You won't get paid for weeks at a time because of the way they divide work.

At ethermine (run by the same people as ethpool), nanopool, or dwarfpool  you just need an ethereum wallet address. You don't have to signup to mine on those pools. You just need to specify your ethereum wallet address.  Follow the instructions in Claymore's readme.txt and replace his wallet address with your own.  You can use worker names like "worker1" "worker2" and "worker3" to identify your 3 different rigs so when you look at your stats on the pool you'll know which rig is which.

Hope this helps.

is it auto start Miner(Mining)
Means to say if my pc restarted or shutdown unexpectedly this miner start(restart) automatically and start mining?
Sorry for noob questions as i going to start Mining now Smiley

Thanks in advance

Start with BIOS settings on motherboard.  You usually have three options after a power loss event:  Shut Off, Turn On, Return to Previous State

Next would depend on your operating system.  For Windows, add program to startup folder.  For Linux, add program to Startup Applications.

Follow the directions provided on the pool website.  If you are just starting, I would get some equipment (maybe just one video card) and get that up and running. 

Thanks alot Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

I'm dual mining ETC + SIA

legendary

legendary
hello

i have one rig with 5 rx 480 nitro OC (not reference card)-saphire.

temporary i am mining ETH + SIA.

I have a set up 1250 GPU clock (defolt is 1346) and 2200 memory clock (defoult is 2000).
I have power at the wall 1,2 kw.
I did not change votaltage.
I have cca 128-135 Mhash for ETH and cca 2000 Mhash for SIA. (dcri 30).
Temp GU is aournd 68-72 C (fan from 80-95%).
Fot test i went with 1250 GPU and 2250 MC and i have 138MH+2500 sia (dcri around 35). but the system did not handle it and after few minutes restart windows 10.

can i do some change in voltage to have the same hash,but less power consuption? I foound several set up for rx 480 ref. card., but for that one not so much ,specially for dual mining. I am ssing TRIXX 3.0 for setin up GPU.

I am ussing two PSU: 650 (2 cards) and 750w (3 cards plus MB). At specification for GPU it say that one card need 225 w.

Also, when i raise DCRI to 32, system get unstable and few times GPU4 crash. Can this be a probem with PSU? The heat for to 74/75, but the system do not handle it. When i raise memory clock to 2250, ETH hash goes to 138, but is is not stable, which is strange, becouse i saw few test, where at 2250 was just ok.

I suspect that my PSU 750w (corsair RM), cannot handle 3 gpus at maks load.

Also, when in mine dual, hash is not stable. is that normal? i saw that i need to raise power limit to 20% higher. i did riase power limit tfor 10 %,but tht system start acting strange and again, it was not stable  and crash-restart( i am using risers with molex).

thank you in advance for any advice.

Just one suggestion:

If your system is unstable, leave your memory setting at their default values.

Reduce your GPU speed and your voltages, both for GPU and Memory.

You might loose 5% ETC speed but you'll save 20-30% power

That's the trick!

No need for MSI Afterburner or Trixx or even WattTool. AMD's Wattman is more than enough to achieve this goal

Take a look here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/best-efficiency-settings-for-radeon-rx-480-1543701

Good luck!
legendary
hello

I have a set up 1250 GPU clock (defolt is 1346) and 2200 memory clock (defoult is 2000).
Fot test i went with 1250 GPU and 2250 MC and i have 138MH+2500 sia (dcri around 35). but the system did not handle it and after few minutes restart windows 10.

can i do some change in voltage to have the same hash,but less power consuption? I foound several set up for rx 480 ref. card., but for that one not so much ,specially for dual mining. I am ssing TRIXX 3.0 for setin up GPU.

I am ussing two PSU: 650 (2 cards) and 750w (3 cards plus MB). At specification for GPU it say that one card need 225 w.

Also, when i raise DCRI to 32, system get unstable and few times GPU4 crash. Can this be a probem with PSU? The heat for to 74/75, but the system do not handle it. When i raise memory clock to 2250, ETH hash goes to 138, but is is not stable, which is strange, becouse i saw few test, where at 2250 was just ok.

Also, when in mine dual, hash is not stable. is that normal? i saw that i need to raise power limit to 20% higher. i did riase power limit tfor 10 %,but tht system start acting strange and again, it was not stable  and crash-restart( i am using risers with molex).

Just one suggestion:

If your system is unstable, leave your memory setting at their default values.

Reduce your GPU speed and your voltages, both for GPU and Memory.

You'll might loose 5-10% speed but you'll save 20-30% power

That's the trick! Got it?
hello

Also, when in mine dual, hash is not stable. is that normal? i saw that i need to raise power limit to 20% higher. i did riase power limit tfor 10 %,but tht system start acting strange and again, it was not stable  and crash-restart( i am using risers with molex).

Jump to: