Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1126. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 1
Claymore, will you be looking at zcash - equihash to see if you can put out a GPU miner?

I second that. I think it is very important for the smaller miners to have access to a good miner in the early stage.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
So I got an H81 BTC PRO board, currently 2x 1060s, 480, 2x 470.  Can only use 4 GPUs at a time, Win7 sees all, but 1 will be inactive.  Does the 6 gpu mod for Win7 work with Polaris cards?  I can switch the 1060s with more 470s if I need to.

Also, is undervolting supported on Linux currently?  This is a huge feature since I can save ~150w+ for the rig going from 1150mv to ~960-1000mv, and get better boost clocks.  Is EthOS easy to use CDM?

windows has resource issues after four cards, so disable the HD audio controllers or HD audio buses under the systems down arrow and restart.
Ethos doesn't support Nvidia cards, so that's an issues for your build.
Disabling audio didn't help, but disabling Intel GPU lets me mine with all 5 cards after restart, thanx.  Hopefully I can get 6 working when my next pack of risers arrives.

For EthOS, or Ubuntu or whatever, I can switch with other rigs, so I could have 6 470s.  I was just wondering about undervolting.
Huh, well at least you have the important ones working.  In the bios did you disable all non essentials like com ports, onboard audio, etc... ?
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
So I got an H81 BTC PRO board, currently 2x 1060s, 480, 2x 470.  Can only use 4 GPUs at a time, Win7 sees all, but 1 will be inactive.  Does the 6 gpu mod for Win7 work with Polaris cards?  I can switch the 1060s with more 470s if I need to.

Also, is undervolting supported on Linux currently?  This is a huge feature since I can save ~150w+ for the rig going from 1150mv to ~960-1000mv, and get better boost clocks.  Is EthOS easy to use CDM?

windows has resource issues after four cards, so disable the HD audio controllers or HD audio buses under the systems down arrow and restart.
Disabling audio didn't help, but disabling Intel GPU lets me mine with all 5 cards after restart, thanx.  Hopefully I can get 6 working when my next pack of risers arrives.

For EthOS, or Ubuntu or whatever, I can switch with other rigs, so I could have 6 470s.  I was just wondering about undervolting.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Claymore, will you be looking at zcash - equihash to see if you can put out a GPU miner?
Activity: 209
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Could you please release a miner that will only mine solo with the eth proxy for a reasonable upfront cost.
d57heinz

To all:
Please don't ask me to create some private miner, sell some customized version of the miner, etc - I don't do such things.
Also please don't try to hire me to help with some mining farm, to create some miner for some coin, etc - I just don't have time for it.

@d57heinz

Latest sgminer wolf0 did.. Like every other sgminer version, an API is built in, so monitoring/managing can be done with open source/freeware tools.
Plus! Yeah, sgminer is even faster on Hawaii cards.

Yeah, there are no fancy colors included in the cmd/terminal window of sgminer .. true..
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
I have a RIG with 3 GPU RX470 e 2 GPU HD7970 and I'm running ver 7.0 o Claymore miner ETC+LBC and the hash rate change continuosly from 62 to 88 MH/s for ETC and from 95 to 112 MH/s for LBC, do you know what is the reason ?

thx

Throtteling because your cards hit the power limit?

How I can solve this problem ?
Activity: 102
how I use minergate with this program for 2 coins?
You dont !
Minergate supports cryptonotes
Activity: 305
how I use minergate with this program for 2 coins?
Activity: 77
thanks Claymore,
thanks xeridea,

it works...

Claymore,

thanks for your mining software.
i can mining at about 29MHs.

i have a problem here.
i use 2 rx 480 8gb ref cards.
there is only 1 card (gpu0) is temperature managed.
the other one is left unmanaged.
fan speed gpu1 is only 1800-2100rpm so the card gets hot at 75-80C.
i have tried -tt 60 or -tt 60,60 and -fanmax 85
no luck here.
am i missing something?
regards,

Check "FAQ" section of OP or Readme.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
What's the current profitability of SIA versus LBRY or DECRED on the dual miner?
I get around 48 cents a day via SIA at a loss of 2MH of ETH which is around 10 cents.

You need to run your own numbers at whattomine.com

It changes daily. I ran the numbers a few days ago and SIA was at 106 now it's at 84. The profitability for me will probably be a lot different than it was 3 days ago.

It's also a matter of which coin you think has more long term profit. LBC chart looks better 30 days history than DCR or SIA.
Activity: 306
Cryptobulgarian ninja

I don't know what most of you've done that have some issues, for a regular noob miner this should be easy cheazy.

My simple steps:
  • Download the miner from the link in the op
  • EDIT: start.bat with the pools where mine and the relevant user/pass, adding timeout 30 in the very beginning, for LBRY: -dcoin lbc in the end of the .bat
  • Set the Afterburner again to the relevant settings depends on your cards model(ex.280x-1100/1500/85%fan)
  • START the .bat file

I run it on many rigs all 5x or 6x cards 7950/280x/480, all cards is heating around 60-65°C,

great dev
      great work
      great miner
Activity: 574
Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum
Hey Claymore I nothing when i use the switch -etha 0 on AMD it goes in fast mode but if I use that switch on my nvidia GTx1080 it won't enable the fast mode.
Could you please explain why=?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Can anybody send me a link to a LBRY wallet  Huh
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
What's the current profitability of SIA versus LBRY or DECRED on the dual miner?
I get around 48 cents a day via SIA at a loss of 2MH of ETH which is around 10 cents.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Law of large numbers here.

Large % of nethash but more importantly, low ms. Fast blocktime helps too, +30% earnings in the long run.

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Claymore,

thanks for your mining software.
i can mining at about 29MHs.

i have a problem here.
i use 2 rx 480 8gb ref cards.
there is only 1 card (gpu0) is temperature managed.
the other one is left unmanaged.
fan speed gpu1 is only 1800-2100rpm so the card gets hot at 75-80C.

i have tried -tt 60 or -tt 60,60 and -fanmax 85
no luck here.

am i missing something?

regards,

Disable Crossfire
Activity: 96
It depends only psychologically. If u believe in greater power or whatever, but finding a block during devfee doesnt mean a thing for ur own luck.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
@Claymore.

Mad respect for the work you have done thus far.  Latest version works great.  I have one request.  Could you please release a miner that will only mine solo with the eth proxy for a reasonable upfront cost.  I like the performance your miner brings but i refuse to try my luck with it on solo.  Thats way too risky disconnecting from your wallet even if for a brief time every hour could be the time when it would have found a block.  24/7 to the wallet is the only way to solo mine and not risk losing blocks.  Let me know if this is doable.. Dont need all the bells and whistles just need to to mine solo eth.  Thanks for your consideration

so lets say a person has 1 ghs.  1 % over the next 6 months would be about 10 - 20 eth max if hashrate stays in the rage it is.  so would a decent price be around 15 eth for such a program?  willing to negotiate

Edit i dont mean to disrespect with the price . i honestly dont know the time you put into this.  Im certain its a lot.  Shoot me a pm or a price maybe others are interested.  Again sorry if i offended and thats way too low of price.. BR

Best Regards
d57heinz

Math says u dont "lose" blocks, u pay with ur time and if block is found at devfee time it doesnt affect finding blocks at the time that is ur own. Every second the chances of finding the block are the same, no matter if the last one u found was a second or a week ago.

If the fee was a fixed number that would mean that it has to count time and ur hashrate and whatnot and all that just for ignorance against math. Why should one waste time for that?

This depends entirely on how much hashrate he has. Losing one block during dev fee could really set him back if he's at lower hashrate. If he's at higher hashrate and finds, say, 20 blocks a day, it doesn't matter as much. That's why he said pools only work well for what he's doing. You get paid per share (or PPLNS or whatever other form of system it has) and it all balances out fairly fast.

I personally have no idea why you'd ever mine with low hashrate and he's probably a huge farm owner that just wants to get rid of the dev fee for a up front cost. Large hashrate coins are only worth mining on a pool unless you own a lot of hash, there is too much variance. If you mine with one 480 you might takes weeks before you hit a block... if that. There is nothing that says you'll hit a block exactly at a certain time... it could potentially take months... or longer... it may never even happen depending on network hash.

Law of large numbers here.
Activity: 96
Can u build in "disable crossfire" feature just like overclocking? -cf 0 or smth, i havent found a way to disable it if only display driver is installed, tried modifying registry but it changes back. Thats the only reason to use wattman, to turn cf off. All oc is done with miner, i like it way better than wattman.
Jump to: