Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1123. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 100
I Have 4 Rigs, with 4 r9 390 each

I run each one with 3 750w psu,
1 for mobo and risers
1 for 2 390 pcie only
1 for 2 390 pcie only

everything runs fine, just jumper the 2 390 psus.

2 months without a problem
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

THREE OR FOUR $35 MICRO-ATX MOTHERBOARDS--

You could run three or four cheap micro-ATX motherboards with three cards each and smaller power supplies.  The splitters (also called multipliers) likely will not work.  Mine does not, and you can't buy the cheap 1-to-4 card splitters anymore, I checked.  Why bother with a huge $300 PSU?  The splitters running on linked PSUs will likely get out of synchronization with the motherboard due to power fluctuation.

Little cheap motherboards cost the same as the splitters.  Get one with an H81 chipset from a good brand.  The whole idea of 6 to 8 cards to a rig is a waste, if you ask me.  A 750 watt PSU can handle three RX 470 cards.  Six RX 470 cards need a 1200-to-1600 watt PSU to run efficiently.

--scryptr

But you can also use 2x 750W psu on a 6x gpu rig, without the extra expense of mobo/cpu/ram.

YES YOU  COULD--

It is your choice.  But if a PSU or card fails, it stops 6 cards at a time.  I am sitting next to a six card H81 BTC Pro, R7 370 rig.  and thinking about smaller, more efficient systems.  Linux rigs run on 2 GB of RAM (2 x 1GB sticks), micro-ATX boards are $35-40 dollars each.  Larger ATX boards are $60-75 dollars when cheap. 

Seems cost efficient to me.       --scryptr
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Hello

How i identify wicht gpu is failing?

My rig is 6x r9 390x

Plug hdmi cable, run stress test with stock clocks, if you see artifacts , sit, try not cry,roll,cry a lot

Hahaha another way?

The gpu mining for a few hours, them fail open cl call and stop mining , them after a time, gpu freeze w10 and not signal.

Claymore show in log files that gpu 4 is the problem, vut i dont know what is gpu 4

I have a same problem ... But only with Claymores Dual miner . I checked all card separately, only one card was connected to the mobo . all card worked fine as a single card . As soon as I plugged in all card and started the miner , first I see gpu 4 is hashing around 4 mh/s few minutes later it was hashing with 0 , under wattman settings , everything was grayed out , was not able to change any settings ... Quick restart settings become available , as soon started the miner its grayed out again .

Used another miner program , that was the only way for me to fix the problem .
My setup ( 6xrx480 ) was hashing fine for a few hours with another miner , then I switched back to claymore miner and everything was ok again .

this problem never happened when I used the exactly the same cards in one setup . One of my rig have 6 cards from differently manufacturers with different default clock ... On that setup I see problems with gpu 4 almost every day .
Maybe is a bug ?

I had similar issues with 2 PowerColor Red Devil 470s.  In Win10 they get bugged sometimes after restart, only way to fix is to either

Disable Crossfire
Enable, then Disable crossfire.

Before I found this, I would reinstall driver, after DDU, which usually didn't work, and was tedious.  You can try changing slots so it doesn't try to crossfire them? Annoying issue I only have on Win10.  The clocks get stuck at 300/300 which gets ~4MH.

I don't have the issue on Win7, though some cards don't let me change some Wattman settings while miner is active. Occasionally I need to restart.

Where i disable crossfire?
Under gaming -> global settings -> graphics in Radeon Settings.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
Open up Radeon Settings Wattman.

Click on Gaming - Global settings and then click on your first graphics card. Option will be "AMD Crossfire On/Off".

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/How-to-Configure-AMD-CrossFire-Using-AMD-Radeon-Settings.aspx
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Hello

My rig is 6x r9 390x

Plug hdmi cable, run stress test with stock clocks, if you see artifacts , sit, try not cry,roll,cry a lot

Hahaha another way?

The gpu mining for a few hours, them fail open cl call and stop mining , them after a time, gpu freeze w10 and not signal.

Claymore show in log files that gpu 4 is the problem, vut i dont know what is gpu 4

I have a same problem ... But only with Claymores Dual miner . I checked all card separately, only one card was connected to the mobo . all card worked fine as a single card . As soon as I plugged in all card and started the miner , first I see gpu 4 is hashing around 4 mh/s few minutes later it was hashing with 0 , under wattman settings , everything was grayed out , was not able to change any settings ... Quick restart settings become available , as soon started the miner its grayed out again .

My setup ( 6xrx480 ) was hashing fine for a few hours with another miner , then I switched back to claymore miner and everything was ok again .

this problem never happened when I used the exactly the same cards in one setup . One of my rig have 6 cards from differently manufacturers with different default clock ... On that setup I see problems with gpu 4 almost every day .
Maybe is a bug ?

I had similar issues with 2 PowerColor Red Devil 470s.  In Win10 they get bugged sometimes after restart, only way to fix is to either

Disable Crossfire

Before I found this, I would reinstall driver, after DDU, which usually didn't work, and was tedious.  You can try changing slots so it doesn't try to crossfire them? Annoying issue I only have on Win10.  The clocks get stuck at 300/300 which gets ~4MH.

I don't have the issue on Win7, though some cards don't let me change some Wattman settings while miner is active. Occasionally I need to restart.

Where i disable crossfire?
Activity: 199

You could run three or four cheap micro-ATX motherboards with three cards each and smaller power supplies.  The splitters (also called multipliers) likely will not work.  Mine does not, and you can't buy the cheap 1-to-4 card splitters anymore, I checked.  Why bother with a huge $300 PSU?  The splitters running on linked PSUs will likely get out of synchronization with the motherboard due to power fluctuation.

Little cheap motherboards cost the same as the splitters.  Get one with an H81 chipset from a good brand.  The whole idea of 6 to 8 cards to a rig is a waste, if you ask me.  A 750 watt PSU can handle three RX 470 cards.  Six RX 470 cards need a 1200-to-1600 watt PSU to run efficiently.

--scryptr

But you can also use 2x 750W psu on a 6x gpu rig, without the extra expense of mobo/cpu/ram.
Activity: 209
So I got an H81 BTC PRO board, currently 2x 1060s, 480, 2x 470.  Can only use 4 GPUs at a time, Win7 sees all, but 1 will be inactive.  Does the 6 gpu mod for Win7 work with Polaris cards?  I can switch the 1060s with more 470s if I need to.

Also, is undervolting supported on Linux currently?  This is a huge feature since I can save ~150w+ for the rig going from 1150mv to ~960-1000mv, and get better boost clocks.  Is EthOS easy to use CDM?

I was not able to run 6 cards ( rx480 ) with windows 7 at all . 4 was running ok , 5 had some stability issue , 6 never worked ... Tried everything Smiley Switched to win 10 , everything working fine . Installed WIN 10 ( disabled all updates , all automatic downloads ) , Intel Inf Utility , and rx 480 driver . With default settings all card hashing with 24.7 MH/s taking 1100 watts at wall ( 120 V ) , Then i "underclocked" my cards ( power limit , gpu speed - voltage , mem voltage ) ,    power usage at the wall become around 750Watts without pushing the default mem clock higher , with the same 24.7 Mh/s . Saved 350Watts per rig Smiley around 700watts ( with my 2 setup in the same frame) Used wattman for underclocking .

Built a 12 cards ETH Miner , with 12 RX 480 / 2 asrock h97 anniversary Mobo , left a place in the middle for a additional micro itx board and 4 more cards Smiley Still try to find a  stable mem overclocking settings .

is not possible to use more than 7 vga on the same system?
using an adapter 1 to 3 ?

NOT ALL PCIE-SPLITTERS ARE THE SAME--

I have a 1-to-4 PCIe splitter that worked with a GTX 550ti and a GT 9800+, with a GTX 750ti on the motherboard.  The 3 cards mined scrypt, but were not very fast.  The GT9800+ got 14kh/s.  

I was never able to get the splitter to work with any cards more modern; the GTX 550ti was compute 2.1 and the GT 9800+ was compute 1.0.  An American made splitter will likely cost more than a motherboard.  The model I bought cost $75, a new one today runs $45.  I tried with AMD cards also. with no success.  Asian 1-to-3 and 1-to-4 splitters run $35 to $50.  Good luck.       --scryptr

Thanks for the info
and I bought a motherboard with only 3 pci-e
I would then use this adapter to increase 9
when it connects of an error in the task manager?

--scryptr

AM1 boards work really well for this and have really cheap CPU's to boot, also single channel memory controller so only need single stick which are cheaper as well than buying dual channel kits.  I'm running a rig like this  with 3  RX 470's on a 600W bronze PSU as the rest of the system uses almost no power.  Especially if you use a flash dive for the OS.  Asrock and Biostar boards let you use the IGPU as well as your add-on cards if you wanted to do some Cryptonote mining as well. the Athlon 5150 is the best in the bunch for this as the IGPU is clocked the same as the 5350.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
So I got an H81 BTC PRO board, currently 2x 1060s, 480, 2x 470.  Can only use 4 GPUs at a time, Win7 sees all, but 1 will be inactive.  Does the 6 gpu mod for Win7 work with Polaris cards?  I can switch the 1060s with more 470s if I need to.

Also, is undervolting supported on Linux currently?  This is a huge feature since I can save ~150w+ for the rig going from 1150mv to ~960-1000mv, and get better boost clocks.  Is EthOS easy to use CDM?

I was not able to run 6 cards ( rx480 ) with windows 7 at all . 4 was running ok , 5 had some stability issue , 6 never worked ... Tried everything Smiley Switched to win 10 , everything working fine . Installed WIN 10 ( disabled all updates , all automatic downloads ) , Intel Inf Utility , and rx 480 driver . With default settings all card hashing with 24.7 MH/s taking 1100 watts at wall ( 120 V ) , Then i "underclocked" my cards ( power limit , gpu speed - voltage , mem voltage ) ,    power usage at the wall become around 750Watts without pushing the default mem clock higher , with the same 24.7 Mh/s . Saved 350Watts per rig Smiley around 700watts ( with my 2 setup in the same frame) Used wattman for underclocking .

Built a 12 cards ETH Miner , with 12 RX 480 / 2 asrock h97 anniversary Mobo , left a place in the middle for a additional micro itx board and 4 more cards Smiley Still try to find a  stable mem overclocking settings .

I have a 1-to-4 PCIe splitter that worked with a GTX 550ti and a GT 9800+, with a GTX 750ti on the motherboard.  The 3 cards mined scrypt, but were not very fast.  The GT9800+ got 14kh/s.  

I was never able to get the splitter to work with any cards more modern; the GTX 550ti was compute 2.1 and the GT 9800+ was compute 1.0.  An American made splitter will likely cost more than a motherboard.  The model I bought cost $75, a new one today runs $45.  I tried with AMD cards also. with no success.  Asian 1-to-3 and 1-to-4 splitters run $35 to $50.  Good luck.       --scryptr

Thanks for the info

--scryptr
Activity: 413
@claymore dev , can you add XVG for dual mining ?
i think xvg is good coin with great active dev, i will give some donation if you do it.
Activity: 138
Atikmpag.sys BSOD's are quite common with the RX 480's on Catalyst 16.8.3 on Win 7.

use 16.9.1

this version made life so much easier for all my problematic rigs

Working great so far. Thanks!
Activity: 305

I have a 1-to-4 PCIe splitter that worked with a GTX 550ti and a GT 9800+, with a GTX 750ti on the motherboard.  The 3 cards mined scrypt, but were not very fast.  The GT9800+ got 14kh/s. 

I was never able to get the splitter to work with any cards more modern; the GTX 550ti was compute 2.1 and the GT 9800+ was compute 1.0.  An American made splitter will likely cost more than a motherboard.  The model I bought cost $75, a new one today runs $45.  I tried with AMD cards also. with no success.  Asian 1-to-3 and 1-to-4 splitters run $35 to $50.  Good luck.       --scryptr

Thanks for the info
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
BitcoreService.com
Hi, this my speed (2x480 XFX)
Version 6.3:

Version 6.4,7.0:

Speed down on 0.8 MH/s ETH and 10 MH/s on DCR per each VC, with the same others parameters.
Is it normally?

Try different drivers, may be it's the reason, also you can try to set "-etha 2" option.

Thank you "-etha 2" helps me

wow your hash very high, im interesting to know more detail, can you explain, the clock and memory clock setting ?
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
does this miner work with the geth proxy UI deal? I can never get that ethman thing to work

I have like 10 rigs really the only thing I like the pools for is they let me know when a miner is down via email, hard to do that with

this miner

why? just reserve your rig mac adress on router, them set -mport diferente por every one, them foward them on your router them save all settings on ethman

And you can configure email notifications on this miner too

ten rigs all with reserved addresses ? and Im thinking of adding a few more if the Augur sale thing makes me some money, seems like a ton of work having to port forward every new rig I add.  I run windows 10 should'nt i just be able to open the ports on windows firewall or just turn it off and all the rigs should show up in the ethman deal ?

I just feel that between the 2% fee for my pool and the 2% for the miner my 2400 GH should be getting more than the 12 eth i make per day

according to the calculators I should be making closer to 15eth daily.  Its not the pools perse tried a few different ones pretty much the same outcome.

The main issue is solo mining would probbaly net me 1-2 extra blocks a week

Solo here (on genoil 1.1.7)with 1ghs.  Trust me if you have a good internet solo is your friend;)
BR
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Hello

My rig is 6x r9 390x

Hahaha another way?

Maybe is a bug ?

Disable Crossfire

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
Hello

My rig is 6x r9 390x

Hahaha another way?

Maybe is a bug ?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1102
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
does this miner work with the geth proxy UI deal? I can never get that ethman thing to work

I have like 10 rigs really the only thing I like the pools for is they let me know when a miner is down via email, hard to do that with

this miner

why? just reserve your rig mac adress on router, them set -mport diferente por every one, them foward them on your router them save all settings on ethman

And you can configure email notifications on this miner too

ten rigs all with reserved addresses ? and Im thinking of adding a few more if the Augur sale thing makes me some money, seems like a ton of work having to port forward every new rig I add.  I run windows 10 should'nt i just be able to open the ports on windows firewall or just turn it off and all the rigs should show up in the ethman deal ?

I just feel that between the 2% fee for my pool and the 2% for the miner my 2400 GH should be getting more than the 12 eth i make per day

according to the calculators I should be making closer to 15eth daily.  Its not the pools perse tried a few different ones pretty much the same outcome.

The main issue is solo mining would probbaly net me 1-2 extra blocks a week
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Hello

My rig is 6x r9 390x

Hahaha another way?

1. Start miner with "-di 01235" option. This will disable gpu4 and you can find it, it will be cool.
or
2. Press "4" button when miner works. This will disable gpu4 and you can find it, it will be cool after a while.
or
3. Start miner with "-di 4" option. This will enable gpu4 only, and you can find it, it will be hot, others will be cool.
Hello

My rig is 6x r9 390x

Hahaha another way?

Activity: 254
Hello

My rig is 6x r9 390x

Hello

My rig is 6x r9 390x

Jump to: