Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1127. (Read 6590565 times)

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore,

thanks for your mining software.
i can mining at about 29MHs.

i have a problem here.
i use 2 rx 480 8gb ref cards.
there is only 1 card (gpu0) is temperature managed.
the other one is left unmanaged.
fan speed gpu1 is only 1800-2100rpm so the card gets hot at 75-80C.
i have tried -tt 60 or -tt 60,60 and -fanmax 85
no luck here.
am i missing something?
regards,

Check "FAQ" section of OP or Readme.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Claymore,

thanks for your mining software.
i can mining at about 29MHs.

i have a problem here.
i use 2 rx 480 8gb ref cards.
there is only 1 card (gpu0) is temperature managed.
the other one is left unmanaged.
fan speed gpu1 is only 1800-2100rpm so the card gets hot at 75-80C.

i have tried -tt 60 or -tt 60,60 and -fanmax 85
no luck here.

am i missing something?

regards,
Activity: 96
@Claymore.

Mad respect for the work you have done thus far.  Latest version works great.  I have one request.  Could you please release a miner that will only mine solo with the eth proxy for a reasonable upfront cost.  I like the performance your miner brings but i refuse to try my luck with it on solo.  Thats way too risky disconnecting from your wallet even if for a brief time every hour could be the time when it would have found a block.  24/7 to the wallet is the only way to solo mine and not risk losing blocks.  Let me know if this is doable.. Dont need all the bells and whistles just need to to mine solo eth.  Thanks for your consideration

so lets say a person has 1 ghs.  1 % over the next 6 months would be about 10 - 20 eth max if hashrate stays in the rage it is.  so would a decent price be around 15 eth for such a program?  willing to negotiate

Edit i dont mean to disrespect with the price . i honestly dont know the time you put into this.  Im certain its a lot.  Shoot me a pm or a price maybe others are interested.  Again sorry if i offended and thats way too low of price.. BR

Best Regards
d57heinz

Math says u dont "lose" blocks, u pay with ur time and if block is found at devfee time it doesnt affect finding blocks at the time that is ur own. Every second the chances of finding the block are the same, no matter if the last one u found was a second or a week ago.

If the fee was a fixed number that would mean that it has to count time and ur hashrate and whatnot and all that just for ignorance against math. Why should one waste time for that?
GH
Activity: 117
I have a RIG with 3 GPU RX470 e 2 GPU HD7970 and I'm running ver 7.0 o Claymore miner ETC+LBC and the hash rate change continuosly from 62 to 88 MH/s for ETC and from 95 to 112 MH/s for LBC, do you know what is the reason ?

thx

Throtteling because your cards hit the power limit?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Hello,

Can i used rx 480 and r9 390 gpu in together the same rig?

Thanks

yes
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Hello,

Can i used rx 480 and r9 390 gpu in together the same rig?

Thanks
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
-dpool stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -dwal syraka1976.1 -dpsw x -dcoin lbc

tnx friend Cheesy Cheesy
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Could you please release a miner that will only mine solo with the eth proxy for a reasonable upfront cost.
d57heinz

To all:
Please don't ask me to create some private miner, sell some customized version of the miner, etc - I don't do such things.
Also please don't try to hire me to help with some mining farm, to create some miner for some coin, etc - I just don't have time for it.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
-dpool stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -dwal syraka1976.1 -dpsw x -dcoin lbc
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
 Embarrassed Embarrassed
anyone can tell me how to use the bat file claymore 7.0 ethc + lbry please? I can not get it started on my 4x 470 8gb nitro, and 4x 480 sapphire 8 gb

this and may .bat

ethdcrminer64.exe -epool etc-eu.suprnova.cc:3333 -ewal syraka.1 -epsw x -esm 3 -dpool -o stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -dwal syraka1976.1 -dpsw x -dcoin lbry -allpools 1
pause

you can correct errors please?
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
So I got an H81 BTC PRO board, currently 2x 1060s, 480, 2x 470.  Can only use 4 GPUs at a time, Win7 sees all, but 1 will be inactive.  Does the 6 gpu mod for Win7 work with Polaris cards?  I can switch the 1060s with more 470s if I need to.

Also, is undervolting supported on Linux currently?  This is a huge feature since I can save ~150w+ for the rig going from 1150mv to ~960-1000mv, and get better boost clocks.  Is EthOS easy to use CDM?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
1. AMD cards always handle dual mode better than NVidia. Especially 290(X)/390(X) cards, they are the best. RX480 is good too. Other cards are not so good in dual mode.
but Nvidia more profitable on LBRY (1070 get 312 mh...)

Unfortunately, there is no way to get 0% drop on ETH if you mine ETH+LBC. Why? See item #2.
Fury not drop on ETH at dcri 30
On my 1070s, I've found better profitability with Claymore's ETH + LBRY than LBRY alone (only tried open source miner), as long as I max out at -dcri 500.  Actually, it's the most profitable combo I've found yet, MUCH better than ETH alone, ETH + DCR, ETH + SIA, etc.

This is not true... I already attempted this. You end up at about 15Mhs Eth and 150Mhs Lbry, compared to 250Mhs Lbry. In order for Eth to be worthwhile mining like this, either network difficulty would have to go down or hash of the miner would have to go up. The trade off isn't worthwhile. This depends a lot on the price of Lbry though as it's been fluctuating a lot (as has network difficulty).
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
@Claymore.

Mad respect for the work you have done thus far.  Latest version works great.  I have one request.  Could you please release a miner that will only mine solo with the eth proxy for a reasonable upfront cost.  I like the performance your miner brings but i refuse to try my luck with it on solo.  Thats way too risky disconnecting from your wallet even if for a brief time every hour could be the time when it would have found a block.  24/7 to the wallet is the only way to solo mine and not risk losing blocks.  Let me know if this is doable.. Dont need all the bells and whistles just need to to mine solo eth.  Thanks for your consideration

so lets say a person has 1 ghs.  1 % over the next 6 months would be about 10 - 20 eth max if hashrate stays in the rage it is.  so would a decent price be around 15 eth for such a program?  willing to negotiate

Edit i dont mean to disrespect with the price . i honestly dont know the time you put into this.  Im certain its a lot.  Shoot me a pm or a price maybe others are interested.  Again sorry if i offended and thats way too low of price.. BR

Best Regards
d57heinz
Activity: 306
Merit: 250
Cryptobulgarian ninja
v7.0 Beta:

It's great, thank You!  Kiss  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
PERHAPS CLAYMORE WILL BE INSPIRED--

A bigger, better multi-miner with a bigger, better following of users.  Smiley       --scyptr

Fully supported - a single multi miner - monitoring ... for AMD and NVIDIA  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
PERHAPS CLAYMORE WILL BE INSPIRED--

A bigger, better multi-miner with a bigger, better following of users.  Smiley       --scyptr
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
About low hashrates in dual mode - it seems I need to combine some of my messages into one and add some more comments about ETH+LBC mode.

1. AMD cards always handle dual mode better than NVidia. Especially 290(X)/390(X) cards, they are the best. RX480 is good too. Other cards are not so good in dual mode.
2. Lbry is not so good for dual mode as Sia or Decred, it takes too much GPU time, therefore ETH suffers. So only powerful cards are good in ETH+LBC mode. Do not use it on 280, 270, 7xxx, etc. On these cards ETH+DCR or ETH+SIA is better.
3. My test rig: 6x390, stock clocks, gives 172MH/s ETH in ETH-only mode.
In ETH+LBC mode, "-dcri 16", it gives 167MH/s ETH + 167MH/s LBC.

Dear Claymore,

Would it be possible to implement monero (CryptoNote) into the dualminer as well? I know, that you already have made another xmr miner, but to have such a profitable coin implemented would be really good. What do you think about it?
Actually, I am using your linux 7.0 build running on my amd rigs configured to mine eth+lbc. And for 5 x R9 NANO the results: ETH 120MH/s + LBC 200MH/s.  

as per my understanding.... ETH and XMR are both using memory intensive algorithms (Ethash and Cryptonight) - so ETH + XMR maybe a bad idea. However XMR + DCR/SIA/LBRY combo like CDM is more realistic. In the XMR thread, Claymore already said that there is no plans for 2nd coin for XMR.

THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF A MULTI-MINER--

Since Claymore wrote both the ETH-mining code and the XMR-mining code, it seems possible that the code could be combined into a miner that allows the choice of both the primary coin (ETH or XMR) and the secondary coin (DCR or SC or LBC, and perhaps XCN as well).  Claymore could combine the code from several of his mining engines.       --scryptr
xmr miner for nvidia is available?Huh?

THERE IS A CCMINER FOR XMR--

But you must compile it from source.  The same for XCN, there is a special CCminer.  Both XCN and XMR are also available as vintage Claymore projects.  I believe that Claymore has recently updated the code in his older fee-based miners for AMD.

A 980ti rocks on the older special CCminers, a coder named Pallas has taken over the vintage CCminer project for XCN, originally coded by DJM34.  The XMR CCminer was coded by tsiv.       --scryptr

Pretty sure nicehashminer has a compiled (windows) version of ccminer for XMR

Claymore's XMR miner does work in Nicehash. Its however not included in the windows miner package because its not opensource. Well at least thats their reply in the Nicehash thread.

Claymore's XMR miner doesn't work with nvidia cards

Yup - AMD only. Btw, this topic should be in the Claymore's XMR thread... I just realised that we are still in ETH thread LOL...
Activity: 93
About low hashrates in dual mode - it seems I need to combine some of my messages into one and add some more comments about ETH+LBC mode.

2. Lbry is not so good for dual mode as Sia or Decred, it takes too much GPU time, therefore ETH suffers. So only powerful cards are good in ETH+LBC mode. Do not use it on 280, 270, 7xxx, etc. On these cards ETH+DCR or ETH+SIA is better.

Dear Claymore,

Would it be possible to implement monero (CryptoNote) into the dualminer as well? I know, that you already have made another xmr miner, but to have such a profitable coin implemented would be really good. What do you think about it?
Actually, I am using your linux 7.0 build running on my amd rigs configured to mine eth+lbc. And for 5 x R9 NANO the results: ETH 120MH/s + LBC 200MH/s.  

as per my understanding.... ETH and XMR are both using memory intensive algorithms (Ethash and Cryptonight) - so ETH + XMR maybe a bad idea. However XMR + DCR/SIA/LBRY combo like CDM is more realistic. In the XMR thread, Claymore already said that there is no plans for 2nd coin for XMR.

Since Claymore wrote both the ETH-mining code and the XMR-mining code, it seems possible that the code could be combined into a miner that allows the choice of both the primary coin (ETH or XMR) and the secondary coin (DCR or SC or LBC, and perhaps XCN as well).  Claymore could combine the code from several of his mining engines.       --scryptr

But you must compile it from source.  The same for XCN, there is a special CCminer.  Both XCN and XMR are also available as vintage Claymore projects.  I believe that Claymore has recently updated the code in his older fee-based miners for AMD.

A 980ti rocks on the older special CCminers, a coder named Pallas has taken over the vintage CCminer project for XCN, originally coded by DJM34.  The XMR CCminer was coded by tsiv.       --scryptr

Claymore's XMR miner does work in Nicehash. Its however not included in the windows miner package because its not opensource. Well at least thats their reply in the Nicehash thread.

Claymore's XMR miner doesn't work with nvidia cards
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Dear Claymore,

Activity: 93

Dear Claymore,

Jump to: