Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1146. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
xmr or lbry i think

xmr is very cool algorytm

xmr has bye orders more than eth Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Claymore,

Off topic this..... are you still updating your XMR miner?

Is this a viable 3rd coin, after DCR and SIA for dual mining?
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
LBRY profit more than dual today, what about eth+lbry dual?
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Offtopic question, Can i use a Usb Pcie Riser on my notebook for gaming?
runing at 1x will a r9 290x or 390 work right?
Nope. I pressume you would like to connect to your Notebook via USB. The USB cables are only to transmit signal, does not actually use USB protocol. (USB was chosen by manufacturers because the cables and headers are readily available and cheap)

I am sure it can be done with a custom adaptor with PCI-E -> USB interpreter or even a PCI-E to PCMCIA Int,

If by some chance you have a Notebook with a PCI-E x1 slot, Then you *could*, but if your notebook has a PCI-E x1 slot...chances are its a high end gaming Laptop anyway,(desktop in a flex box), would be interesting to see it done.

Either way, running a GFX card for gaming on the south bridge  (where the USB controller usually is), or from a PCI-E x1 slot is definitely not recommended. Bandwidth would be terrible. Game load times are bad enough these days.....

I have a razer blade, i made the research and buyed a Exp Gdc, it works on mini Pcie,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291819960576

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Offtopic question, Can i use a Usb Pcie Riser on my notebook for gaming?
runing at 1x will a r9 290x or 390 work right?
Nope. I pressume you would like to connect to your Notebook via USB. The USB cables are only to transmit signal, does not actually use USB protocol. (USB was chosen by manufacturers because the cables and headers are readily available and cheap)

I am sure it can be done with a custom adaptor with PCI-E -> USB interpreter or even a PCI-E to PCMCIA Int,

If by some chance you have a Notebook with a PCI-E x1 slot, Then you *could*, but if your notebook has a PCI-E x1 slot...chances are its a high end gaming Laptop anyway,(desktop in a flex box), would be interesting to see it done.

Either way, running a GFX card for gaming on the south bridge  (where the USB controller usually is), or from a PCI-E x1 slot is definitely not recommended. Bandwidth would be terrible. Game load times are bad enough these days.....

Activity: 2
During turning on the debug option I found out I have to start your miner with sudo.
It now mines, I apologize for my wrong bug report.

Thank you for your good work
Felix
Activity: 3
Hello.
For me 6.3 is stable, with tiny speed lost.
But 6.4 unstable. Fault every  1-3 hour with OpenCL error.
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, kernel 4.2.0-27, fglrx 15.12 installed from source at amd site, two firm saphire r9 390x2 and gigabyte r9 390x2
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I tried v. 6.4 on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit, driver is amdgpu-pro_16.30.03-315407, kernel is 4.4.0-34-generic

the output is
Code:
./ethdcrminer64 -epool coinotron.com:3344 -ewal username.3 -esm 2 -epsw 3 -allpools 1 -mode 1 -etha 2
ͻ
�        Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC GPU Miner v6.4 Beta        �
ͼ
ETH: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is coinotron.com:3344
segmentation fault

Isn't this the target platform? Can I help debugging?
(genoil 110 does mine. radeon 480)
Felix

Just tried same configuration - it works fine for me.
PM me the full log.
Activity: 2
I tried v. 6.4 on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit, driver is amdgpu-pro_16.30.03-315407, kernel is 4.4.0-34-generic

the output is
Code:
./ethdcrminer64 -epool coinotron.com:3344 -ewal username.3 -esm 2 -epsw 3 -allpools 1 -mode 1 -etha 2

ͻ
�        Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC GPU Miner v6.4 Beta        �
ͼ

ETH: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is coinotron.com:3344
segmentation fault

Isn't this the target platform? Can I help debugging?
(genoil 110 does mine. radeon 480)
Felix

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
On my GTX 1070 the 6.4 build is actually slightly slower with CUDA 8 which is strange because Genoil's miner with CUDA 8 is notably faster.

version 6.2 (CUDA 7.5) 26.6 ETH 710 SIA

version 6.4 (CUDA 8 ) 26.1 ETH 685 SIA

This is Win10 anniv with the latest nvidia drivers

You can use v6.4 CUDA 7.5 if you don't like speed of CUDA 8.0. Speed depends on windows&drivers&gpu so I include cuda 6.5, 7.5 and 8.0 builds, you can select the best for you.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
On my GTX 1070 the 6.4 build is actually slightly slower with CUDA 8 which is strange because Genoil's miner with CUDA 8 is notably faster.

version 6.2 (CUDA 7.5) 26.6 ETH 710 SIA

version 6.4 (CUDA 8 ) 26.1 ETH 685 SIA

This is Win10 anniv with the latest nvidia drivers
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
[DAG fail on single r9 380 2 GB on ubuntu 15.10]

Miner creates DAG on every card. No transfers. If you get error it means that OpenCL cannot allocate enough buffer. Why? I don't know. Perhaps OS allocated some memory for itself. Or OpenCL drivers don't like your configuration for some reason and therefore don't allow to allocate max memory. Unfortunately I don't know drivers logic about max memory limits calculation, I only know that is not simple and that's the reason of many problems.

thats kinda what i thought too, which is why i shut down xorg. cdm reported vram went from 1.8 gb to 2 gb so just running the gui takes 256 mb vram. ill pick away at it, if i figure it out ill let you know.

ah well the evga will be here soon. just figured i would give the 380 alone a run till then.

got it running.

told ubuntu to not load the GUI and go straight to terminal. basically by uninstalling lighdm which is the GUI. that plus the environmental variables and now the 380 runs by itself.

i would imagine those who run the server additions of ubuntu would not run into this on 2 gig cards that also have a GUI to contend with. just seems faintly rediculous to run a computer in pure text mode when it has crazy powerful graphics cards. feels like im back in CP/M..

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
im getting quite a bit of incorrect shares with the latest versions.  About 1% in some cases, compared to 0% before.  running 6.4.  Should I run to a version prior to nvidia support ?  edit: could be nicehash too, idk, but these are incorrect shares when pressing >s<
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I happened to give the Pascal Titan X a try with this,

Results at stock, ~30.8 Mh/s in ETH and 300 Mh/s in DCR

Bumped up memory to +400 and got

34 Mh/s in ETH and 331 Mh/s in DCR

Definitely not a cost effective card but thought I'd post the numbers if anyone was curious. This was done in Windows 10 with the v6.4 build btw
Eth sounds about right, DCR seems low, did you change dcri?

Ah, it was at default.

I tried -dcri 70 just now with my memory OC (+400), and got 775 Mh/s. Much better. ETH hashrate dropped to 33 with the DCR intensity raised.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251

Definitely not a cost effective card but thought I'd post the numbers if anyone was curious. This was done in Windows 10 with the v6.4 build btw
Eth sounds about right, DCR seems low, did you change dcri?
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum
The new version often hung and stops working. Usually i do 20-28 Shares per H with my 1080 on Windows 10 x64 (1607) + 372.54.
It just recognizes it (assume the watchdog) when i press a key in the cmd and prints out that it detected a hung process and restarts...this should happen automatically if and it shouldn't happen anyway.
Also the memory runs below just at 75% if the max. speed when your miner is running..something wrong.
The previous version was running 1 week with the same config without any problem.

Some ideas why this happens?

Thanks in advance
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

No real shock there, but good to have hard numbers to be sure.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
could you pls share your json syntax for the connection proccess  ?

{
  "id": 1,
   "worker": "RIG_ID",
  "jsonrpc": "2.0",
  "method": "eth_submitLogin",
  "params": ["0xb85150eb365e7df0941f0cf08235f987ba91506a"]
}

Looks like not working... with my pools
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Activity: 82
Merit: 11
About ADL in GPU-PRO drivers, just found a beautiful answer:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=96786

ADL is not supported in the amdgpu-pro driver.  The same functionality can be accessed via standard Linux interfaces (e.g., hwmon for temperature and fan control, sysfs for clock control, etc..

So AMD decided not to worry about ADL support in new drivers for Linux. Excellent solution.

Hey, thanks for 6.3 release. Linux version looks smooth so far, no more VM fault errors.
One of your corefeatures in my opinion is the selectiv shutdown of cards in case of overheat, maybe you can implement this also with the new AMDGPU driver ?

You can query the temperature of the cards from: /sys/class/hwmon/hwmonX/temp1_input
To identify the cards that are useing amdgpu driver you can query the /sys/class/hwmon/hwmonX/name class ?

BTW: Overclocking is done by the keys  /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/pp_mclk_od (Memory Clock)  and /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/pp_sclk_od GPU Clock. +1 changes value by 20.

Just to clarify
For temperature just get it from /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon/hwmonX/temp1_unit, the result must divide by 1000 to get the correct celcius
and we can check whether the hardware is amdgpu or not by checking /sys/class/hwmon/hwmonX/name , If it is amdgpu then it's the right one.

Above file can be access without root.

For overclocking and setup fan speed currently the user has to be root, even sudo is not working. Maybe the user need to be included in specific group first. I leave this to the linux user, since we only need to set it once. Note that when using root user the path is no longer /sys/class/hwmon but change to /sys/class/drm/cardX/device/hwmon

For memory +1 increase 20Mhz, for core clock +1 increase 12MHz. To get the highest one use -1 instead.

Maybe for now just include the temperature so the watchdog can protect the miner in case something happen.

@claymore
what do you think about this ? Smiley

@claymore any plans for temperature under linux ?
Jump to: