Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1182. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
[
Most cards have a dual bios switch.  If you screw up one, just flip the switch to the other.  You can fix the bad one (if you have dual bios).  

even for cards without the dual bios you can usually recover from a bad flash via using onboard video or use a second card like an old pci card to see what you are doing.

usually.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore, when I edit my configs through remote manager, some digits are added to the end.  Since I have dcri at the bottom it looks something like this

-dcri 404

and the miner starts with 404.  I'm on 5.1 beta 2.

Fixed in 5.3, check OP:

Latest version v5.3:

- added experimental "-di detect" option value to detect correct GPU order for temperatures management.
- improved Nicehash pool support (mining.extranonce.subscribe).
- fixed issue with sending config.txt to EthMan.
- fixed issue in EthMan (possible garbage during remote editing config.txt).
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Claymore, when I edit my configs through remote manager, some digits are added to the end.  Since I have dcri at the bottom it looks something like this

-dcri 404

and the miner starts with 404.  I'm on 5.1 beta 2.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Hi Claymore,

i get with R9 280x 15.5Mh only not 20Mh
How can i improve it  ?

Its normal for 280x.

DEPENDING HOW HOT YOUR ROOM IS--

280X cards run hot and eat power.  If your cards are overheating, you may need to downclock, and earn 15-16MH/s per card.   If you set "-dcri 15" in your config, you will reduce the intensty of your secondary coin by 1/2  and give your 280X cards more room to breathe; they will run faster  and at lower temperature.  If you set "-cclock 1100", you will overclock your card, increase the hash rate, and increase the temperature of the card.  A core clock of 1100 may not be stable for your card/rig, you have to check postings by other miners regarding overclocking.  If you set "-tt 87", your card will self regulate, attempting to keep the temperature at or below 87 deg F.  If you are in a hot room, your hash may be 15-16MH/s because of temperature throttling.  My 280X cards made 22MH/s last winter, when the room was cooler, and the difficulty lower, and the DAG smaller.

All of this and more is in the README!!!.txt file, you should study it.       --scryptr

scryptr - will the Stilt BIOS help maximize 280/280x for ETH mining? Thanks

THE LEGENDARY STILT BIOS MODS--

Stilt BIOS mods are from the days of LiteCoin (LTC) and its meteoric rise prior to the Mt. Gox hack  There is a thread for those still interested.:  https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/5937/gpu-optimized-stilt-bios-anyone-have-them] .  Some users of the modded BIOS are able to point to the  location of these legendary files, other users are downloading the entire archive to preserve the treasured data.

I have never flashed my recently ROI'd 280X cards.  It can affect the resale value of your cards if detected.  From what I read in the above Stilt BIOS thread, there is no guaranteed hashrate improvement, even if you flash your card.  The thread is still short, and a good read.  It points to the old, archived, 100+ page Stilt BIOS thread where I may find myself reading about the Black VooDoo of BIOS modding.

Bottom line, a BIOS mod is not a sure thing, and you need to save a copy of your original manufacturer's BIOS in order to set things back to default.       --scryptr

Most cards have a dual bios switch.  If you screw up one, just flip the switch to the other.  You can fix the bad one (if you have dual bios).  People flash vbios all the time, even card manufacturers provide updated vbios so it shouldn't affect your resale value (just make sure you have a switch).  In my experience with stilt and eth mining, I didn't see a significant hashrate improvement but I did see lower temperatures, not dramatic but still there, especially with Hynix memory.  
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
hello i have tried use dual mining but my dcr stat's is zere hash
anyone can give me setting to minng dual mode at eth dwarfpool and sia nanopool?
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Hi Claymore,

How can i improve it  ?

Its normal for 280x.

280X cards run hot and eat power.  If your cards are overheating, you may need to downclock, and earn 15-16MH/s per card.   If you set "-dcri 15" in your config, you will reduce the intensty of your secondary coin by 1/2  and give your 280X cards more room to breathe; they will run faster  and at lower temperature.  If you set "-cclock 1100", you will overclock your card, increase the hash rate, and increase the temperature of the card.  A core clock of 1100 may not be stable for your card/rig, you have to check postings by other miners regarding overclocking.  If you set "-tt 87", your card will self regulate, attempting to keep the temperature at or below 87 deg F.  If you are in a hot room, your hash may be 15-16MH/s because of temperature throttling.  My 280X cards made 22MH/s last winter, when the room was cooler, and the difficulty lower, and the DAG smaller.

All of this and more is in the README!!!.txt file, you should study it.       --scryptr

THE LEGENDARY STILT BIOS MODS--

Stilt BIOS mods are from the days of LiteCoin (LTC) and its meteoric rise prior to the Mt. Gox hack  There is a thread for those still interested.:  https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/5937/gpu-optimized-stilt-bios-anyone-have-them] .  Some users of the modded BIOS are able to point to the  location of these legendary files, other users are downloading the entire archive to preserve the treasured data.

I have never flashed my recently ROI'd 280X cards.  It can affect the resale value of your cards if detected.  From what I read in the above Stilt BIOS thread, there is no guaranteed hashrate improvement, even if you flash your card.  The thread is still short, and a good read.  It points to the old, archived, 100+ page Stilt BIOS thread where I may find myself reading about the Black VooDoo of BIOS modding.

Bottom line, a BIOS mod is not a sure thing, and you need to save a copy of your original manufacturer's BIOS in order to set things back to default.       --scryptr
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Set core clock speed to 1175 and memory clock speed to 1500.
You should get around 20Mhs. Also try setting -etho to 0.
Lower core clock speed if it crashes.
I did another tweak and I'm getting around 26Mhs. But need to check how stable it is.

-etho dont exist...

you say -etha 0???

im try with all freq and never get 20mhs... i set all variables and virtual memory to 16gb

1x r9 280x sapphire eth/sia
15.12 driver
win7 x64
miner v.5.3

i set 1175/1500 powlim 20 -dcri 70 = 16,9mhs/593mhs

-dcri 60 = 17,1mhs/513mhs

-dcri 50 = 16,8mhs/420mhs

-dcri 40 =16,5mhs/331mhs

*if i set low dcri hashrate low on dual miner..

I agree on that, added power cost is not worth added hashrate on 280x. Go for lowest stable voltage and be cool. I run mine at -125mV and default freqs.

nice thanks! how i cant set -125mV voltaje??

im using -powlim 20 on script but i dont know how set volatjes on mV

thanks
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I agree on that, added power cost is not worth added hashrate on 280x. Go for lowest stable voltage and be cool. I run mine at -125mV and default freqs.
Activity: 311
Merit: 10
If you pay for electricity, I would add downvolting.
ETH/ETC algo is perfect for keeping hashrate at lower voltages. (and lower electricity bills)
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
The proper method for finding the sweet spot is as below.
1) First reset your graphic cards/miner settings to GPUs default clock settings.
2) Restart your computer, run the miner and using any third party apps like, msi afterburner or others,
increase the the memory clock slowly in 50s. Keep moving till the miner crashes.
3) Then set the memory clock to max where the miner runs without crashing.
4) Start slowly increasing the clock speed and find the sweet spot where you get max hashrate without crash.
After this you may play with integrity. Note: Always run the GPU for some time to check for crash.
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Set core clock speed to 1175 and memory clock speed to 1500.
You should get around 20Mhs. Also try setting -etho to 0.
Lower core clock speed if it crashes.
I did another tweak and I'm getting around 26Mhs. But need to check how stable it is.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
what for keys and functions are during the mining possible?

+ and - are new for me... i know only s for statistics
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I

me too but not is for temperatue....

i have 1x R9 280x Sapphire  win 7 x64 claymore 5.3 driver 15.12 and set overclocking to 1100/1600 powelimit 20, -dcri 60 -ethi 16 i get 17.2 M'hs ETH and 517 m'hs SIA. dual miner

when i dont use overclock i get 15 M'hs eth and 240 mhs sia

i test to use ethOS distribution linux and get 17mhs max..

why people can mine with 20mhs and i cant?Huh?

Thanks rep++

Decrease -dcri to values between 40 and 50. You can do that during mining using "+" and "-" keys to find your sweet spot of dcri value.

EDIT: edited messed quotations
Hi Claymore,

How can i improve it  ?

Its normal for 280x.

after research i overclocking core clock to 1100
and memory clock to 1600

i get 18.5Mh but run very hot 75c

can i get better hash rate if i overclock higher ?

and thanks for this info ..

me too but not is for temperatue....

i have 1x R9 280x Sapphire  win 7 x64 claymore 5.3 driver 15.12 and set overclocking to 1100/1600 powelimit 20, -dcri 60 -ethi 16 i get 17.2 M'hs ETH and 517 m'hs SIA. dual miner

when i dont use overclock i get 15 M'hs eth and 240 mhs sia

i test to use ethOS distribution linux and get 17mhs max..

why people can mine with 20mhs and i cant?Huh?

Thanks rep++
Activity: 15
Hi Claymore,

How can i improve it  ?

Its normal for 280x.

280X cards run hot and eat power.  If your cards are overheating, you may need to downclock, and earn 15-16MH/s per card.   If you set "-dcri 15" in your config, you will reduce the intensty of your secondary coin by 1/2  and give your 280X cards more room to breathe; they will run faster  and at lower temperature.  If you set "-cclock 1100", you will overclock your card, increase the hash rate, and increase the temperature of the card.  A core clock of 1100 may not be stable for your card/rig, you have to check postings by other miners regarding overclocking.  If you set "-tt 87", your card will self regulate, attempting to keep the temperature at or below 87 deg F.  If you are in a hot room, your hash may be 15-16MH/s because of temperature throttling.  My 280X cards made 22MH/s last winter, when the room was cooler, and the difficulty lower, and the DAG smaller.

All of this and more is in the README!!!.txt file, you should study it.       --scryptr

after research i overclocking core clock to 1100
and memory clock to 1600

i get 18.5Mh but run very hot 75c

can i get better hash rate if i overclock higher ?

and thanks for this info ..
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Claymore,

How can i improve it  ?

Its normal for 280x.

280X cards run hot and eat power.  If your cards are overheating, you may need to downclock, and earn 15-16MH/s per card.   If you set "-dcri 15" in your config, you will reduce the intensty of your secondary coin by 1/2  and give your 280X cards more room to breathe; they will run faster  and at lower temperature.  If you set "-cclock 1100", you will overclock your card, increase the hash rate, and increase the temperature of the card.  A core clock of 1100 may not be stable for your card/rig, you have to check postings by other miners regarding overclocking.  If you set "-tt 87", your card will self regulate, attempting to keep the temperature at or below 87 deg F.  If you are in a hot room, your hash may be 15-16MH/s because of temperature throttling.  My 280X cards made 22MH/s last winter, when the room was cooler, and the difficulty lower, and the DAG smaller.

All of this and more is in the README!!!.txt file, you should study it.       --scryptr

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Hi Claymore,

How can i improve it  ?

Its normal for 280x.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Hi Claymore,

How can i improve it  ?

Its normal for 280x.
Activity: 15
Hi Claymore,