Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1186. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
How to identify GPU 0, GPU 1, etc

So if I get an error, for example GPU 3
By process of elimination. Use "-di" option and watch on GPU load in some monitor.

Thank you! Smiley
Activity: 306
Merit: 250
Yes! using -powlim 20 did the trick. Thank you very much

Im experiencing some weird witchcraft with my 5 XFX R9 390: Whenever I set -mode 1 (no dual mining), they'll mine happily at 31.2 MH/s, Afterburner displays correct clocks of 1100/1500. But here's whats making me scratch my head, whenever I set -mode 0 (dual mining), my computer  wont let my clocks go above 1000 reporting as little as ~950/1500 clocks, mining (of course) 15% slower than the previous -mode 1 config, why is that? Has this issue been reported before with these cards?

Equipment:
5 XFX R9 390
Asrock LGA 1150 H97
2 Rosewill 1000w PSUs
5 USB 3.0 powered risers
4 GB RAM
Intel G3220 CPU

On windows 10 64b.
15.12 AMD drivers.

dannygroove, start lowering the core voltage and change the memory to 1125 or 1250.  It sounds counter intuitive but it works.  Some of my 390s have to run at -44mv when dual mining.  On some cards you may have to lower the core but slightly increase the power limit to 5%.  I'm not sure why this happens but the theory we came up with in the ether forums was that the vrm was getting too hot.  Give it a shot.

Im experiencing some weird witchcraft with my 5 XFX R9 390: Whenever I set -mode 1 (no dual mining), they'll mine happily at 31.2 MH/s, Afterburner displays correct clocks of 1100/1500. But here's whats making me scratch my head, whenever I set -mode 0 (dual mining), my computer  wont let my clocks go above 1000 reporting as little as ~950/1500 clocks, mining (of course) 15% slower than the previous -mode 1 config, why is that? Has this issue been reported before with these cards?

Equipment:
5 XFX R9 390
Asrock LGA 1150 H97
2 Rosewill 1000w PSUs
5 USB 3.0 powered risers
4 GB RAM
Intel G3220 CPU

On windows 10 64b.
15.12 AMD drivers.

You need to set the power limit in the MSI Afterburner to be 20% or higher. That is due to the power throttling.
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4111
Crypto Swap Exchange

By process of elimination. Use "-di" option and watch on GPU load in some monitor.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Some gpus temperatures bug out and spike above 120ºc.  Claymore miner does its job and shuts down the gpu. Happened 3 times in the past week.

I recommend adding a time out before shutting down the gpu.   If the reading is above your defined gpu max temp for 3 seconds then shutdown the gpu. This should eliminate the bugged readings gpus throw out sometimes
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
thanks melloyellow lol, but very good explanation I think you are spot on.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hi,

I need to check RIG from left to right gpu? or reverse order?
I have 6 cards!

Sorry for the dumb question Smiley

Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I might try setting the slots to gen 1, but the cards are detected. The problem is that I cannot change the overclock/voltage/fan settings, and I think hashrate is slightly lower as well. I see a lot of 6 card rigs using just x1 risers that have the DVI cap off with no dummy plug on ( just the maincard ). Can you even plug a monitor into the main card with a x1 riser??. Has the main card been on the board to set the rig up and install teamviewer etc, but then put on a riser after? I still don't understand how hashrate would be at the normal levels. I think clock speeds and voltage would be reset as well.

My PCI slots were factory set to "Auto" instead of Gen 1.  Yet, all 6 were still detected.  However, the rig would mine for a few minutes with all 6 then stop hashing.  I would not be surprised if this could be why you are having issues.  Had to set the CPU to x8/x4/x4 as well.

Yes, all of my GPU's are using x1 risers.  I can use my monitor with HDMI and DVI-D cords with no issues.  I have never had to install a GPU straight on the mobo to set up a rig.

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
is there a way to use 6 cards with integrated graphics? i thought that a 16x16 riser was needed for the main card as well if you wanted to use 6, but i now have seen 16x1 riser with display plugged into card?

Could be a dumb suggestion...

Depending on your mobo, you may need to go into Bios [If you haven't already] and set your PCI-e slots for Gen1 and CPU to x8/x4/x4 to get all PCI-e slots going for 6 GPU's with USB risers in every slot like my own.  My MSI gaming boards require Bios changes for PCI-e slots to run more than 4 GPU's stably with USB risers without shutting down the rig periodically.

I was fortunate enough to find this out from a good friend.

I might try setting the slots to gen 1, but the cards are detected. The problem is that I cannot change the overclock/voltage/fan settings, and I think hashrate is slightly lower as well. I see a lot of 6 card rigs using just x1 risers that have the DVI cap off with no dummy plug on ( just the maincard ). Can you even plug a monitor into the main card with a x1 riser??. Has the main card been on the board to set the rig up and install teamviewer etc, but then put on a riser after? I still don't understand how hashrate would be at the normal levels. I think clock speeds and voltage would be reset as well.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
is there a way to use 6 cards with integrated graphics? i thought that a 16x16 riser was needed for the main card as well if you wanted to use 6, but i now have seen 16x1 riser with display plugged into card?

Could be a dumb suggestion...

Depending on your mobo, you may need to go into Bios [If you haven't already] and set your PCI-e slots for Gen1 and CPU to x8/x4/x4 to get all PCI-e slots going for 6 GPU's with USB risers in every slot like my own.  My MSI gaming boards require Bios changes for PCI-e slots to run more than 4 GPU's stably with USB risers without shutting down the rig periodically.

I was fortunate enough to find this out from a good friend.
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
Im experiencing some weird witchcraft with my 5 XFX R9 390: Whenever I set -mode 1 (no dual mining), they'll mine happily at 31.2 MH/s, Afterburner displays correct clocks of 1100/1500. But here's whats making me scratch my head, whenever I set -mode 0 (dual mining), my computer  wont let my clocks go above 1000 reporting as little as ~950/1500 clocks, mining (of course) 15% slower than the previous -mode 1 config, why is that? Has this issue been reported before with these cards?

Equipment:
5 XFX R9 390
Asrock LGA 1150 H97
2 Rosewill 1000w PSUs
5 USB 3.0 powered risers
4 GB RAM
Intel G3220 CPU

On windows 10 64b.
15.12 AMD drivers.

You need to set the power limit in the MSI Afterburner to be 20% or higher. That is due to the power throttling.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

AMD cards generally dont like it, when either Intel or Nvidia is the main card initialized at login.
It is possible to run your main card on 16x1, but honestly I dont like the setup, had some troubles with it in the past.
Personally I use 16x16 for a main card (AMD in priority if mixed rig).
Im experiencing some weird witchcraft with my 5 XFX R9 390: Whenever I set -mode 1 (no dual mining), they'll mine happily at 31.2 MH/s, Afterburner displays correct clocks of 1100/1500. But here's whats making me scratch my head, whenever I set -mode 0 (dual mining), my computer  wont let my clocks go above 1000 reporting as little as ~950/1500 clocks, mining (of course) 15% slower than the previous -mode 1 config, why is that? Has this issue been reported before with these cards?

Equipment:
5 XFX R9 390
Asrock LGA 1150 H97
2 Rosewill 1000w PSUs
5 USB 3.0 powered risers
4 GB RAM
Intel G3220 CPU

On windows 10 64b.
15.12 AMD drivers.

XFX 390 work great, there is nothing wrong with the cards.  When you switch to dual mode, depending on -dcri, it uses a lot more power.  Has your house been cursed recently ?  Try it with 4 cards, see if its a power issue/riser issue.  Im doing dual 31.5mhs 1100/1100.  maybe try lowering memory clock.  Although afterburner doesnt always change the clocks in reality.

"Has your house been cursed recently ?"

I just spit out my drink.  Funniest thing I have read in this thread.  You're doing a good job living up to your namesake.

dannygroove, start lowering the core voltage and change the memory to 1125 or 1250.  It sounds counter intuitive but it works.  Some of my 390s have to run at -44mv when dual mining.  On some cards you may have to lower the core but slightly increase the power limit to 5%.  I'm not sure why this happens but the theory we came up with in the ether forums was that the vrm was getting too hot.  Give it a shot.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be

Equipment:
5 XFX R9 390
Asrock LGA 1150 H97
2 Rosewill 1000w PSUs
5 USB 3.0 powered risers
4 GB RAM
Intel G3220 CPU

On windows 10 64b.
15.12 AMD drivers.

XFX 390 work great, there is nothing wrong with the cards.  When you switch to dual mode, depending on -dcri, it uses a lot more power.  Has your house been cursed recently ?  Try it with 4 cards, see if its a power issue/riser issue.  Im doing dual 31.5mhs 1100/1100.  maybe try lowering memory clock.  Although afterburner doesnt always change the clocks in reality.
Activity: 306
Merit: 250

Equipment:
5 XFX R9 390
Asrock LGA 1150 H97
2 Rosewill 1000w PSUs
5 USB 3.0 powered risers
4 GB RAM
Intel G3220 CPU

On windows 10 64b.
15.12 AMD drivers.

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

I'm using 5.1 beta 2. I don't use a bat file. I use the config files.  What you see above is really all you should need. But here goes

config.txt
-wd 1
-r 0
-allpools 1
-estale 1
-ftime 5
-mport 3333
-tstop -100
-mode 0
-dcoin sc
-etha 0
-ethi 16
-dcri 40

epools.txt
POOL: us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:12020, WALLET: Login.Worker, PSW: 1234, WORKER: Login.Worker, ESM: 2, ALLPOOLS: 1
POOL: us-east1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com:20535, WALLET: Login.Worker, PSW: 1234, WORKER: Login.Worker, ESM: 2, ALLPOOLS: 1

dpools.txt
POOL: http://siamining.com:9980/miner/header?address=YourAddress&worker=Worker

You might have to set up your workers first here https://miningpoolhub.com/?page=account&action=hubworkers but I can't remember.  You don't have to set them up on each coin's page.  You won't need all the parameters I use and I'm not sure why I have allpools in there twice but whatever.

what is -etha ? also can you tell me why if I put -r 1 in config, it randomly changes value, like 10minutes ago it was -r 1d, now its -r 19. I want it to work as written in readme

"-r 1" closes miner and execute "reboot.bat" file ("reboot.bash" or "reboot.sh" for Linux version) in the miner directory (if exists) if some GPU failed.
   So you can create "reboot.bat" file and perform some actions, for example, reboot system if you put this line there: "shutdown /r /t 5 /f".
but it keeps changing, also doesn't do anything if failover pools fail. Can you make the miner execute reboot.bat when either gpu fails or all pools fail ?

I'm not sure if you're asking me but -etha 0 is optimized for fast cards and 1 is for slow cards.  I don't know what it does technically.  As far as -r 1 in the config, where does it randomly change?  Are you saying you save your config, start the miner, and then open your config back up and it's different?  Or does it change in some other place.  Also, just curious, why do you want to reboot your computer if all the pools fail?  Pools will most likely still be down right and the miner automatically reconnects every 30 minutes to the main pool or something different if you specify ftime?

The -r 1 changed randomly only in the remote manager, so thats just a bug in it but -r 1 is supposed to launch reboot.bat when the miner isn't hashing. I wanted -r 1 because while dual mining sia, I got this error
13:48:49:091   1360    SC: http error #28.
13:48:49:091   1360    SC: Failed to connect to pool (sia-eu1.nanopool.org:9980), retry in 10 sec...

and then after alot of tries this

SIA: incorrect job data size
SIAD invalid http response, wrong number of bytes received: 36
Response: {"message":"404 - Refer to API.md"}
I thought the -r 1 would restart the pc if sia mining hangs but nothing happend, a few failovers but the incorrect job data size error didn't stop till I restarted the miner. Maybe its just something with http, I switched to the new version which has stratum on sia, no errors yet.

As I understand from the readme, -r 1 means launch reboot.bat at gpu fail and -r >20 means restart after >20minute of miner hang.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

I'm using 5.1 beta 2. I don't use a bat file. I use the config files.  What you see above is really all you should need. But here goes

config.txt
-wd 1
-r 0
-allpools 1
-estale 1
-ftime 5
-mport 3333
-tstop -100
-mode 0
-dcoin sc
-etha 0
-ethi 16
-dcri 40

epools.txt
POOL: us-east.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:12020, WALLET: Login.Worker, PSW: 1234, WORKER: Login.Worker, ESM: 2, ALLPOOLS: 1
POOL: us-east1.ethereum.miningpoolhub.com:20535, WALLET: Login.Worker, PSW: 1234, WORKER: Login.Worker, ESM: 2, ALLPOOLS: 1

dpools.txt

You might have to set up your workers first here https://miningpoolhub.com/?page=account&action=hubworkers but I can't remember.  You don't have to set them up on each coin's page.  You won't need all the parameters I use and I'm not sure why I have allpools in there twice but whatever.

what is -etha ? also can you tell me why if I put -r 1 in config, it randomly changes value, like 10minutes ago it was -r 1d, now its -r 19. I want it to work as written in readme

"-r 1" closes miner and execute "reboot.bat" file ("reboot.bash" or "reboot.sh" for Linux version) in the miner directory (if exists) if some GPU failed.
   So you can create "reboot.bat" file and perform some actions, for example, reboot system if you put this line there: "shutdown /r /t 5 /f".
but it keeps changing, also doesn't do anything if failover pools fail. Can you make the miner execute reboot.bat when either gpu fails or all pools fail ?

I'm not sure if you're asking me but -etha 0 is optimized for fast cards and 1 is for slow cards.  I don't know what it does technically.  As far as -r 1 in the config, where does it randomly change?  Are you saying you save your config, start the miner, and then open your config back up and it's different?  Or does it change in some other place.  Also, just curious, why do you want to reboot your computer if all the pools fail?  Pools will most likely still be down right and the miner automatically reconnects every 30 minutes to the main pool or something different if you specify ftime?

You do need to set "-r" to something normal, like 720 minutes (12 hours) and not 1 minute, because you will simply keep reboot Claymore software every minute.

config.txt
-wd 1
-r 0
-allpools 1
-estale 1
-ftime 5
-mport 3333
-tstop -100
-mode 0
-dcoin sc
-etha 0
-ethi 16
-dcri 40

epools.txt

dpools.txt

I'm not sure if you're asking me but -etha 0 is optimized for fast cards and 1 is for slow cards.  I don't know what it does technically.  As far as -r 1 in the config, where does it randomly change?  Are you saying you save your config, start the miner, and then open your config back up and it's different?  Or does it change in some other place.  Also, just curious, why do you want to reboot your computer if all the pools fail?  Pools will most likely still be down right and the miner automatically reconnects every 30 minutes to the main pool or something different if you specify ftime?
Activity: 224

config.txt
-wd 1
-r 0
-allpools 1
-estale 1
-ftime 5
-mport 3333
-tstop -100
-mode 0
-dcoin sc
-etha 0
-ethi 16
-dcri 40

epools.txt

dpools.txt

I was amazed on how you know that thing guys, I am no kowledgeable when it comes to mining as I dont't mine due to some reasons. I dont have that capital to start and our place i not suited for mining. It is very hot and I think rigs can withdstand this kind of environment. Anyways, good luck to you all guys. Someday Im gonna learn it too. I hope it is not too late for me .
Activity: 908
Merit: 503

config.txt
-wd 1
-r 0
-allpools 1
-estale 1
-ftime 5
-mport 3333
-tstop -100
-mode 0
-dcoin sc
-etha 0
-ethi 16
-dcri 40

epools.txt

dpools.txt

Jump to: