Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1184. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
guys, i'm curious about eth+sia solo mining, I haven't done solo since 2013. Do you still need the wallet running and full blockchain on the miner rig or there's some other way to do it ? not sure if my shity sempron 145 can handle dual mining with wallet running, also you need one wallet address for each rig or you can mine into one?

SOLO MINING NEEDS A FULLY SYNCHED WALLET--

You will need to fully synchronize Sia-UI and direct your miner to "127.0.0.1:9980" via http.  The Sia wallet (Sia-UI) will listen by default and needs no special configuration file, like older wallets.  Here is my Go-miner batch file:

:loop

gominer.exe -I 30 -H 127.0.0.1:9980 -Q "address=generateasiawalletaddressandplaceithere&worker=gpuX"

pause
               goto loop

If you plan on directing several rigs on a LAN at the wallet, us the LAN address of the computer with the wallet instead of "127.0.0.1".   Two months ago, everybody was solo, no pools.  Now, unless you have several rigs, it will be more than a month or two between blocks.  Blocks are worth about 1/3 BitCoin, currently.

Go-miner works really well on both nVidia and AMD GPUs.  It does not require a separate instance for each GPU.  I like it.       --scryptr

can i replace the gominer with claymore and run the solo, ie. as above
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I just checked, I can undervolt all cards except one is higher with about 10mv, can't do anything about that unless you bios flash but that 10mv shouldn't be noticeable at all, or maybe try force constant voltage.
I'm on win7 x64 15.12 btw.

Card is a reference 290, but the main card has to be hashing to be undervolted to the same level. With the card idle -100 mv will crash. Thanks though just tried it, now main card undervolted too.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Good info. may be why I could get the 16x - 8x slots working but not the 1x.  Would be nice to fill the rig beyond 4 cards.  Thanks..  will give it a try.

You're welcome.  I believe it's the same for you as well with only 4 cards.  Switching it to x8/x4/x4 should get the job done.  I would not have known either without a good friend of mine providing the info.

EDIT:  Not sure of what mobo you have.  Don't forget to "save" the settings after you change them before exiting out of it.
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
guys, i'm curious about eth+sia solo mining, I haven't done solo since 2013. Do you still need the wallet running and full blockchain on the miner rig or there's some other way to do it ? not sure if my shity sempron 145 can handle dual mining with wallet running, also you need one wallet address for each rig or you can mine into one?

You will need to fully synchronize Sia-UI and direct your miner to "127.0.0.1:9980" via http.  The Sia wallet (Sia-UI) will listen by default and needs no special configuration file, like older wallets.  Here is my Go-miner batch file:

gominer.exe -I 30 -H 127.0.0.1:9980 -Q "address=generateasiawalletaddressandplaceithere&worker=gpuX"

pause
               goto loop

If you plan on directing several rigs on a LAN at the wallet, us the LAN address of the computer with the wallet instead of "127.0.0.1".   Two months ago, everybody was solo, no pools.  Now, unless you have several rigs, it will be more than a month or two between blocks.  Blocks are worth about 1/3 BitCoin, currently.

Go-miner works really well on both nVidia and AMD GPUs.  It does not require a separate instance for each GPU.  I like it.       --scryptr

thanks man! I only have about 4gh for sia (if dualmining) but will try it out
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
A word of warning about powered risers, if you run out of molex, you use the included sata to molex adapter right...well that adaptor is cheap and 18awg wire.  It is possible for it to overheat and catch fire.  If you draw to much current that is.  Order some 16awg sata to molex and replace the ones that came with the usb riser if you feel they are hot to the touch.

Where to find 16AWG sata to molex?

BAD idea, that SATA connector and the circuit in the PS it is connected to likely is NOT rated for the kind of power draw that needs 16AWG wire.
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
is my calculation for nanopool right?by by calculation for 25.7 Mh/s I should be getting 0.192 eth/24h.,and I am actually getting less than 0.1 per 24h. with that hash rate,not to mention  pool's estimates seem wayyyy of.

you can use this site for calculation

https://etherscan.io/ether-mining-calculator

You might want to try https://pool.mn/eth - we support claymore as well and currently have only 0.99% fee
Activity: 298

pause
               goto loop

How good is the idea and how good do you think chances are if to solo mine with 15GHs?
peace
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

pause
               goto loop

Activity: 89

I have a rig running sia, but I think you can mining sia without running a full node, only with a wallet and specify the wallet in the miner params. About processor, I think it's enougth Wink
I just checked, I can undervolt all cards except one is higher with about 10mv, can't do anything about that unless you bios flash but that 10mv shouldn't be noticeable at all, or maybe try force constant voltage.
I'm on win7 x64 15.12 btw.
Is there any way to get main card on rig to undervolt to same levels as other cards?

msi afterburner should sync all cards with same specs

right but you can't undervolt the main card as low as other cards without crashing with 8.1 unless there is something else I can do. I thought maybe being on a x1 riser it would be possible but no
Is there any way to get main card on rig to undervolt to same levels as other cards?

msi afterburner should sync all cards with same specs
Activity: 462
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
is my calculation for nanopool right?by by calculation for 25.7 Mh/s I should be getting 0.192 eth/24h.,and I am actually getting less than 0.1 per 24h. with that hash rate,not to mention  pool's estimates seem wayyyy of.

you can use this site for calculation

https://etherscan.io/ether-mining-calculator
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
you know there is no fix for 15.12 drivers for rx 480 pcie power draw.if you use this miner with rx 480 how do you solve the problem ?

You need to use good quality USB POWERED risers. And make sure the riser can support more than 90W power.

possibly  but im on latest drivers with no issues whatsoever.. Running latest on 5 pc and havent had one glitch.  My home pc does have an issue where it wont mine with any version past 4.1 for an extended period of time.. so i just stick with it.  Dont like to come to computer to find it frozen

Thanks all for the tips on the powered risers.. I use them already along with the asrock pro 81 btc mobo.  Prolly overkill but when i build a system i build it for longevity. And i dont want to have to always mess with it. My 470 will be here Tomorrow so ill report back on what i find on xfx and the latest drivers with cdm 5.3 on the power draw

Best Regards
d57heinz
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
A word of warning about powered risers, if you run out of molex, you use the included sata to molex adapter right...well that adaptor is cheap and 18awg wire.  It is possible for it to overheat and catch fire.  If you draw to much current that is.  Order some 16awg sata to molex and replace the ones that came with the usb riser if you feel they are hot to the touch.

Where to find 16AWG sata to molex?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
Can someone give me a tutorial of how to set this up to mine with nanopool?

I put a guide up at:

https://steemit.com/ethereum/@eboman/have-a-fancy-video-card-and-want-to-make-some-extra-money-ethereum-mining-might-be-for-you

Just please "upvote" me...that way, I might be able to figure out how to make a little $$$ on Steem (still can't figure that thing out).

The guide was written for the RX480 card, but you should be able to use it as a basis to get yourself up and running.  If you can't get it working, leave me a reply on the blog and I'll do my best.

Thanks!!!

P.S.  Claymore is the "freaking bee's knees!!"

Thanks!
- Eboman

Not very useful, mining ETC and SIA is 30% more profitable each day.

People, who are mining ETH and SIA are accumalating ETH, for after POS or they are supporting the ETH Network and SIA Network.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
A word of warning about powered risers, if you run out of molex, you use the included sata to molex adapter right...well that adaptor is cheap and 18awg wire.  It is possible for it to overheat and catch fire.  If you draw to much current that is.  Order some 16awg sata to molex and replace the ones that came with the usb riser if you feel they are hot to the touch.

Partially true.  I think it depends on the riser and the molex.

What version risers are you using?  We saw a lot of problems with the 1st generation PCIe USB risers. Like the yellow wire on the MOLEX adapter turning brown and the power adapter itself on the circuit board having scorch marks!  On MULTIPLE cards.  Yikes! So glad we switched those out!

We just got 100 version 6 risers from Hong Kong.

Can you please post a link to those version 6 risers?

If this is considered spam please remove.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182233329507

You can see from the photos these are version 6. The "recommended" products at the top of the ebay listing show anything from version 2 to 5. 
Jump to: