Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1218. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
@claymore:

i'm overclocking my gpu's a bit by using -cclock option, hashrate is fine, but after 2 mins or so hashrate of card0 drops back to normal rate.
(in linux), any clues??

@claymore

bump, i think u missed this one..

This is called throttling

I dont know, temperature is the same, and its even when u add 10mhz to clock

I Googled it and when gpu thottles it is to high temperature?? its only 63 degrees??
GH
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Im buyng some Gpus for my new rig.

Did r290x have much more power than r9 290?

Or same thing for mining?
I picked 3 x 290s a couple months ago, at stock settings I hash about 25 MH. I expect a 290x you might see 28... have to weigh the cost up front. I got mine for 179.00 each.

Now, mine are reference coolers... and sapphires, they suck! lol noisy and they run hot! but they have made me some money and perform good, do what I bought them for. Not sure if they make a dual fan 290x... but go with that if they do. Will be much quieter and cooler. Pull about 1000 watts on a 3 rig system. A cheap 1200 watt will suffice  Wink

Undervolt and you will save a ton of electricity, also you could overclock the core gpu and get more MH, they will hash up to 29 mh with a overclock.  290X is just a "factory" overclocked 290.

Although while mining Ether they perform about 1% within each other at the same mhz, that is only because Eth doesn't push them.

The 290X has 4 more Compute units than 290  (44 vs 40.  2813 shaders vs 2560), which will provide ~10% more performance in games and other compute intensive applications.

cheers

When you do dual mining with 290 and 290x, will you get more Decred or Siacoin with 290x than 290?

My 290 and 290X are different "Editions", so not perfect for comparison - but the secondary hashrate is quite a lot more on the X, so I would clearly say YES. When mining only ETH I can see absolutely no difference.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
After your balance reaches 5000
Actually, unlike nanopool, this pool claimed payments starting from 2000 every 6 hours and did them. But recently it had serious delay with payments, so I was thinking to jump back to nanopool (that also had delayed payments couple days ago). Maybe that was due to PPS scheme where it must pay coins before they confirmed by network and actually paid to pool.

Anybody knows how admin of siamining.com can be reached? Forum/thread? I didn't find it, and no direct contacts on the site.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
anyone mining siamining.com ?

Been mining for a few time now, haven't received any payout yet.    Unpaid balance = 222.33sc

Faq's only mentions they "credit" you per share, but when does that value hits the wallet?

cheers

thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

Been mining for a few time now, haven't received any payout yet.    Unpaid balance = 222.33sc

Faq's only mentions they "credit" you per share, but when does that value hits the wallet?

cheers

cheers
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
I had something very strange happen yesterday.  I was checking my miner and there was someone Teamviewer'ed into it.  from there they went to every machine I have.  I put a stop to it, reinstalled TV with a new address and 2 factor.  The only thing I have done to that machine is installed and was running Claymore 5.0.

VirusTotal gives 5.0/5.1 three hits.  I have been using claymore since the beginning but this is really strange.  Have have forefront and malware bytes running on all machines and they are clean.

I know miners/wallets sometimes have false positives.  But this really un-nerved me...
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Claymore

Any chance you could build in a benchmark flag? I would be looking for a DCRI range as an input and the ability to log the results of each DCRI
Activity: 661
Merit: 250

I picked 3 x 290s a couple months ago, at stock settings I hash about 25 MH. I expect a 290x you might see 28... have to weigh the cost up front. I got mine for 179.00 each.

Now, mine are reference coolers... and sapphires, they suck! lol noisy and they run hot! but they have made me some money and perform good, do what I bought them for. Not sure if they make a dual fan 290x... but go with that if they do. Will be much quieter and cooler. Pull about 1000 watts on a 3 rig system. A cheap 1200 watt will suffice  Wink
Same cards here, 26.7MHs @stock with original bios, 27MHs after flashing with optimized bios, but always @stock.
So your 25 is low.
560w for 2 cards ( after undervolt )
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
Hey!

Good Job!

Fury X is 30 eth + 1200 sia

sia more profit than eth today too

system with 4 cards get 1600 watts

t 65 and 50% fans

but gpu3 do not temperature and fan look on miner...
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
@claymore:

i'm overclocking my gpu's a bit by using -cclock option, hashrate is fine, but after 2 mins or so hashrate of card0 drops back to normal rate.
(in linux), any clues??

@claymore

This is called throttling
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
@claymore:

(in linux), any clues??

@claymore

Activity: 742
Merit: 505
If you have the Reference R9 290 you need to use the Stilt Bios because it will run like crap without it.

Search this forum for those bioses.

is that applicable to the reference sapphire 290 as well?

Yes

All Reference GPUs are made by AMD.

They aren't made by Sapphire, ASUS, Powercolor, etc.

This a very powerful robust and good quality GPU.
I miss it.

You dont like the 380 or 390?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
hey

I got problem since 4.6 version with my 270x mining EXP,I have update to last and problem are still here.

After dev fee dag stall and it stay at 0 MH  Sad

thanks
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
If you have the Reference R9 290 you need to use the Stilt Bios because it will run like crap without it.

Yes

This a very powerful robust and good quality GPU.
I miss it.
DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
Please implement stratum connection for Siacoin.
As you already know, there's no stratum protocol for Siacoin yet. Fortunately, Siacoin's mining protocol is quite similar as Ethereum, many things can be adapted.
"Nicehash compatible stratum" or "stratum-mining-proxy from coinotron" style would be good.
(I prefer Nicehash version because it locks down minernonce for each miners and it would be compatible for rental service later. coinotron style stratum is also good.)
As current work polling mining method harms pool server and client performance much,
it would be much better when stratum protocol is implemented.
MiningPoolHub will implement pool side when stratum enabled miner is released.
Thanks.

I can add "stratum-mining-proxy" stratum support for Siacoin. Do you need a private version for tests, right? PM me for details.

Stratum-mining-proxy coming soon for Siacoin?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Yes

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

Undervolt and you will save a ton of electricity, also you could overclock the core gpu and get more MH, they will hash up to 29 mh with a overclock.  290X is just a "factory" overclocked 290.

Although while mining Ether they perform about 1% within each other at the same mhz, that is only because Eth doesn't push them.

The 290X has 4 more Compute units than 290  (44 vs 40.  2813 shaders vs 2560), which will provide ~10% more performance in games and other compute intensive applications.

cheers

When you do dual mining with 290 and 290x, will you get more Decred or Siacoin with 290x than 290?

cheers

Jump to: