Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1227. (Read 6590565 times)

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Decred survided the Claymore miner, and so will the SIA.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Because SIA is now opensource in ASIA, and the Chinese miners are harvesting the profits of the opensource...

Exchange market for SC is quite depressive

For now at least with the amount of miners raking in and dumping no doubt will find a bottom and eventually go up. If the coin survives and people buy into it and it gets adopted and used no doubt am sure it can make a recovery. Not sure how Decred has been or was when it first hit dual mining no doubt hit a dump wall down trend and went back up...

Market Cap $ 10,032,285 =15,480 BTC

Volume (24h)$ 546,036 = 842.55 BTC

Available Supply 16,200,989,994 SC

Compare that with Decred thats one hell of some movements over last 24 hours. Time will only tell to see where it lands and bottoms and if it will survive.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Because SIA is now opensource in ASIA, and the Chinese miners are harvesting the profits of the opensource...

Exchange market for SC is quite depressive

sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Well the SIA difficulty just jumped 51%!
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

I can assure you that at least one guy (me) reads all documents and checks what's new after new releases. Even if not use all, it is good to know what is possible to do with it.

yup.

I print em out and leave it on the bench near the mining rig. learned that habit back in the gpu cgminer days. it was an absolute must.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I have 2 GPU HD7970 on Windows 7 64 bit, all works fine until I use teamviewer for remote connection, the AMD driver (Crimson 15.12) stop to work and from GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner I can not see any GPU infos. I have try to reinstall the AMD driver but the problem is still present.
The monitor is not connected to the Computer.

I had lower hash rates and and driver crashing when I started the miner while connected in using teamviewer. The fix I found was adding a shortcut to the start.bat file into windows startup folder. Stable for over 600 hours.

So on every boot the miner will launch. I also made the windows user auto login, and added this line to the .bat file:

timeout /t 30 /nobreak

That line gives a 30 second delay before the .bat file executes the next command in the file.
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
I have 2 GPU HD7970 on Windows 7 64 bit, all works fine until I use teamviewer for remote connection, the AMD driver (Crimson 15.12) stop to work and from GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner I can not see any GPU infos. I have try to reinstall the AMD driver but the problem is still present.
The monitor is not connected to the Computer.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
Mr. Claymore

log - https://yadi.sk/d/q-1KR2lNtCyE2

miner suddenly lost connection to pool, in log "23:32:20:978"
restarting miner fix it.

is it pool issue or miner?

and maybe you could add autorestart in this case?
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

Soo Claymore,

Have u considered setting up a claymore pool?
With the coins your miner mines?

Id love to see a ETH/DCR/SIA(and more)-pool.

I bet it would be a smashing success, and with a 1% fee or something, u would make a decent amount on that too. (in addition to the miner fee)
Activity: 732
Merit: 500
How come nobody actually reads???

Don't dual mine SIA if you are running out of power or your miners are overheating, mine it directly without ETH and you will make slightly more until the next difficulty retarget.

7970/280x mines at 900MHS/s $3 per day per GPU ! You won't make that much with ETH currently.

It was $15 per a card middle winter. Its over now Smiley
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Dig your freedom
This is something else, but I keep getting this unsupported overdrive version error messages in the log with 3x 480x, they are mining nicely tho, it's just annoying,
what can this be?

Added to OP:

- Temperature/fan management for RX 480 is not supported currently. 480 card uses Overdrive v7, latest ADK SDK (v9) supports Overdrive v6, so currently AMD has no public documents about Overdrive v7 and therefore there is no way to manage temperature/fans/clocks of 480 cards.
Not exactly.
Read https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/linux-graphics-x-org-drivers/open-source-amd-linux/871595-amd-delivers-overdrive-overclocking-support-for-amdgpu-drm-driver
precisely from page 4 for RX series.

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
- if I enable internal Intel CPU video, miner doesn't see any AMD cards...

I can assure you that at least one guy (me) reads all documents and checks what's new after new releases. Even if not use all, it is good to know what is possible to do with it. But FAQ is necessary just to point people to it like "Read here, question #100500" Smiley   Helps very well.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
The problem is if I add FAQ to first post at the end, many people won't reach it. If I add it at top, many people won't read anything after FAQ Smiley
Sometimes I feel that I spent a lot of time for creating readme for nothing.
Anyway, I will add FAQ soon, and it's not going to be too short; other popular questions are:

- Why pool shows less hashrate than miner.
- Windows 10 marks miner as a virus.
- I see only one card via RDC.
- I see only one card instead of two when CrossFire is enabled.
- Miner works in ETH-only mode but crashes in dual mode (check PSU).

Just a suggestion, you can put the FAQ and other important links in your signature for faster access
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
The problem is if I add FAQ to first post at the end, many people won't reach it. If I add it at top, many people won't read anything after FAQ Smiley
Sometimes I feel that I spent a lot of time for creating readme for nothing.
Anyway, I will add FAQ soon, and it's not going to be too short; other popular questions are:

- Why pool shows less hashrate than miner.
- Windows 10 marks miner as a virus.
- I see only one card via RDC.
- I see only one card instead of two when CrossFire is enabled.
- Miner works in ETH-only mode but crashes in dual mode (check PSU).
Thank you, I really do not read to the end. Sad
You aren't alone Smiley

It's time to write a FAQ for questions asked on every page:

- what command option X means?
  RTFM, page 1, message 1. This is a copy of README.txt for the miner.

- how to mine using pool X?
  RTFM, page 1, message 1, examples section.

- why wrong temperature displayed?
  RTFM, page 1, message 1, KNOWN ISSUES section. Known issue of different ordering for mining and overdrive, thanks to AMD.

- can miner stop overheated GPU?
  Yes, -tstop option.

- why miner does not stop overheated GPU but exits?
  Probably, wrong -di option. See question above about wrong temperatures.

- why this command line doesn't work (escaping '&')?
  Char '&' in command line means command separator, to use it in command line either quote string with "", or escape '&' (use ^& on Windows).
  No need to do this in *pools.txt or config.txt.

- how to mine Decred or Sia ONLY with this Ethereum Dual miner?
  No way. It is Ethereum miner with extra bonus coins. To mine extra coins only use other miners.

- why Ethereum hashrate in Dual mode is higher than in Single mode?
  Hardware feature, accept it as an extra bonus.

- is 15.12 driver mandatory?
  Usually latest drivers work well. But there are some reports of people where they don't. So 15.12 is known good version.

- will newer drivers have higher/lower hashrate?
  Usually no, but it depends... Check for yourself.

- why miner does not show temperatures for RX 480 cards?
  They use newer overdrive API which is not yet published by AMD.

- why miner on Linux with stock card settings gives lower hashrate than on Windows?
  This probably is the difference in time calculations on both platforms. In reality the accepted hashrate is usually the same.

- why -cclock/-mclock options do not work?
  Sometimes they do not work. Use Afterburner or Trixx on Windows, atitweak and other tools on Linux instead.

- why my GPU is 10C hotter in Dual mode?
  This is a price for the extra work done. It also consumes more power, so make sure your PSU has sufficient power.

- can the temperature be lowered in Dual mode?
  Yes, -dcri option. Also see -tt and -ttdcr.

- how can I undervolt my cards on Linux?
  Usually only by flashing modified GPU BIOS. Unfortunately, no standard way of doing so.

Please add more by your taste.
Activity: 795
Merit: 503
Read this thread, page 1, message 1, "KNOWN ISSUES".
Thank you, I really do not read to the end. Sad
But if this is so, then the miner is not correctly displayed temperature.
Read this thread, page 1, message 1, "KNOWN ISSUES".
Activity: 795
Merit: 503
Claymore
I have two video cards is 7800, and 280x.
And the idea: 280h - 18Mh / s, 7800 - 12Mh / s

But if this is so, then the miner is not correctly displayed temperature.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
As I said I fixed Exp issue but now I wonder why:
With Eth I have 700mhs SIA avg hashrate
and with Exp I have 900mhs
Jump to: