Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1236. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Can someone point me to some newbie instructions?  I have 8x 380s and in Afterburner the settings are all locked. Sad

I know there are other ways around it. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

GPU-Z + TongaBiosEditor + ATIWinflash

Atiwinflash goes wrong more often than not in my experience better to flash from bootable dos usb.
Activity: 348
Merit: 102
Can someone point me to some newbie instructions?  I have 8x 380s and in Afterburner the settings are all locked. Sad

I know there are other ways around it. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

GPU-Z + TongaBiosEditor + ATIWinflash
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
I just thought about that  Grin
And could help me with my first card (is much hotter than 2nd and 3rd)
How to make it max temp. to about 80*C and other f.e. about 75*C ?
-tt should be turned on if I want to use -ttdcr , isn't it?
or I mess something and I can make it in AMD overdrive?

You can use default -tt 1, so drivers will manage temps, but -ttdcr still will work.

Hi Claymore,
The monitoring dashboard is not able to show RX480 temps.
Can help fix it in the next release?
Thanks

Have to wait when AMD releases ADL 10:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15492287
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Claymore,

The monitoring dashboard is not able to show RX480 temps.

Can help fix it in the next release?

Thanks
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
I just thought about that  Grin
And could help me with my first card (is much hotter than 2nd and 3rd)
How to make it max temp. to about 80*C and other f.e. about 75*C ?
-tt should be turned on if I want to use -ttdcr , isn't it?
or I mess something and I can make it in AMD overdrive?
donator
Miners developer
Dear Claymore,
I have to go  back to fan/temp ttdcr "issue"
I wrote about that some time ago but noone noticed..
I have set -ttdcr to 82*C and it looks now this way:
GPU0 t=82C fan=72%, GPU1 t=82C fan=51%, GPU2 t=85C fan=29%
Maybe you could give in next release something like: -minfanspeed or so and my 2nd and 3rd card could be cooler this way?

If you want to cool them more, set lower -tt. Or use static fan speed.

look at % please..

and look at that:
DCR coefs (-ttdcr): GPU0 100%, GPU1 100%, GPU2 85%
GPU0 t=82C fan=73%, GPU1 t=81C fan=45%, GPU2 t=83C fan=41%
So you can see decred intensity on GPU2 is decreased athough fanspeed is only 41%..

It's a good idea to set -ttdcr higher than -tt, by about 4-5C.
Dear Claymore,
I have to go  back to fan/temp ttdcr "issue"
Maybe you could give in next release something like: -minfanspeed or so and my 2nd and 3rd card could be cooler this way?

look at % please..

and look at that:

DCR coefs (-ttdcr): GPU0 100%, GPU1 100%, GPU2 85%
GPU0 t=82C fan=73%, GPU1 t=81C fan=45%, GPU2 t=83C fan=41%

So you can see decred intensity on GPU2 is decreased athough fanspeed is only 41%..

donator
Miners developer
Dear Claymore,
I have to go  back to fan/temp ttdcr "issue"

Dear Claymore,
I have to go  back to fan/temp ttdcr "issue"

Activity: 867
I started running the latest miner and my system crashed. Thread stuck in device driver error

Windows 10
3x RX 480 (1 xfx 2 sapphire)
1x R9 280x (sapphire)

I just upgraded to windows 10 and installed the RX 480s.

Suggestions? Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Really surprised SIA has a block re-adjustment every 1000 blocks which is about once a week.

Next diff adjustment will be like double and all the fun will be over.
donator
Miners developer
For those who has low hashrate on some rigs mining sia: you probably forgot to remove/adjust -dcri option. Default is 30, I used 40-47 depending on GPU. After adjustment I have around 0.5% lower ETH hashrate instead of 5% initially.

@Claymore: so what is correct -dcoin option: sia or sc (or both accepted)? In examples here you write 'sia', but manual says 'sc'.

both are ok. for decred you can use dcr or decred
for siacoin you can use sia, sc or siacoin
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
For those who has low hashrate on some rigs mining sia: you probably forgot to remove/adjust -dcri option. Default is 30, I used 40-47 depending on GPU. After adjustment I have around 0.5% lower ETH hashrate instead of 5% initially.

@Claymore: so what is correct -dcoin option: sia or sc (or both accepted)? In examples here you write 'sia', but manual says 'sc'.
donator
Miners developer
@claymore
in the remote manager in 5.0 the dropdown for "second coin name" only has "Decred" as an option.
remote manager is at 1.4.. no changes from 4.7 release? cant remember what it was at before.

You can type "Sia" in that dropdown. But I will add "Sia" preselection in next update.

I see this often when mining Exp on dwarfpool:
 ETH:: No new jobs were received for 5 mins - something wrong with the pool, disconnect.
I browsed Op but couldn't find flag to adjust this value (apologies if i missed it). Is there some flag to adjust this value if not can it be added in future release, thanks!

Ok, I will add appropriate option in next update.

Claymore, does v5.0 can mine only sia, like -mode 1?! If not, maybe you can do this in next release?! (-mode 3 is sia mining only) Thx

As I said before, it is Ethereum miner. Other coins can be mined with sgminer or with gominer.
Activity: 799
I've been trying to get linux running but its a headache, can any of the linux guru's point me to a guide that works for installing fglrx on a rig with multiple gpu. Every guide i find so far i end up with a black screen after installing fglrx driver when running multiple gpu's.

Edit: Fwiw i have 5 r9 280x on one rig and 3 7950 + 2 r9 380 on the other.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
I'm starting to think GPU mining after seeing this thread. Does any Linux system with an AMD graphic card on it work after installing this Claymore Miner?
Hoping to get some feedbacks before buying a GPU.
A lot of rigs work on Linux, including diskless ones booted from USB flash.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
I'm starting to think GPU mining after seeing this thread. Does any Linux system with an AMD graphic card on it work after installing this Claymore Miner?
Hoping to get some feedbacks before buying a GPU.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Claymore, does v5.0 can mine only sia, like -mode 1?! If not, maybe you can do this in next release?! (-mode 3 is sia mining only) Thx
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
What are you seeing for sia hashing for a 280x or 380x?  Haven't seen anyone post what they are doing in Sia.

Dual mining with SIA and ETH.

My 380x are doing just under 300mh each  while mining SIA over an extended period of time.  Not simply going by what Claymore is reporting but by what the pool is reporting.

I only have one 280x and don't have enough data to show. Claymore is reporting 363 but I'm sure thats high. I'm sure that Nanopool won't see it as being that high Wink Or perhaps it is that high because I'm mining EXP on that unit instead of ETH. I get higher hashrates when mining EXP.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I am trying out Siacoin dual mining with ETH at nanopool however, I was greeted by this message:

===========
Pool is in BETA Test mode.
Use it on your own risk. Payments can be delayed. Account balances can be inaccurate.
Thank you for your patience.
===========

Anybody mining Eth+Sia at nanopool can share experience?

Is it more profitable than DCR?

I can get BTC directly from mining DCR at zpool, can I do the same in nanopool?

DCR vs Sia, diff levels, profitability

I read a number of early sharing below and seems that mixed outcomes mining Sia on nanopool.
Jump to: