Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1289. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0
Correct form is:
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

It doesn't work with 4.4 when I put these in the configs.

You may run a .bat file for the above commands instead of putting them into a config file. I use the bat.
Activity: 12
Correct form is:
Code:

It doesn't work with 4.4 when I put these in the configs.
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
Inactivity: 8963
Correct form is:
Code:
Activity: 12
How do I add these settings to the config file?
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

It doesn't seem to work for me.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Interesting, i noticed quite the opposite or no difference, even on as low -dcri flag as possible (280x, 390). Are only cards with HBM memory affected?
I saw it definitely on HD7950 cards, did not pay attention to others since I see no reason to NOT mine DCR. It adds a value even with extra 1% devfee and extra electricity. At least, now for me.
Activity: 428
Inactivity: 8963
Interesting, i noticed quite the opposite or no difference, even on as low -dcri flag as possible (280x, 390). Are only cards with HBM memory affected?
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
I have more hash on mode 0..
It was already explained and should be written in a FAQ.

GPU has a lot of processors and a single memory array. When all computing threads hash Ethereum (memory-bound), there are memory access delays. When some of processors hash Decred (GPU-bound), they relax memory stress, and remaining threads can get memory data a bit faster. This is an unintentional side effect.

i lost this discussion.. sorry. thanks for clarify!
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
I have more hash on mode 0..
It was already explained and should be written in a FAQ.

GPU has a lot of processors and a single memory array. When all computing threads hash Ethereum (memory-bound), there are memory access delays. When some of processors hash Decred (GPU-bound), they relax memory stress, and remaining threads can get memory data a bit faster. This is an unintentional side effect.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
With my R9 Nano (downclocked) if i use ethereum only mode my hash is about 21-22 if I use dual mining (dcri 40) is about 24 (plus decred of course). Why?

I downclocked my Nanos to -30% power limit and -78mV core voltage with MSI afterburner, I am still getting 25 MH/s ETH only at 120 Watt/Nano at the wall. I am using Crimson 16.5.

This is off topic Smiley I just want to know if you have difference with the same rig with mode 1 and mode 0. I have more hash on mode 0..

BTW.. I have -100mv and 800 core, 22mh is ok.

What is your at the wall reading per Nano? May be I should lower more if power saving is significant.
With my R9 Nano (downclocked) if i use ethereum only mode my hash is about 21-22 if I use dual mining (dcri 40) is about 24 (plus decred of course). Why?

I downclocked my Nanos to -30% power limit and -78mV core voltage with MSI afterburner, I am still getting 25 MH/s ETH only at 120 Watt/Nano at the wall. I am using Crimson 16.5.

This is off topic Smiley I just want to know if you have difference with the same rig with mode 1 and mode 0. I have more hash on mode 0..

BTW.. I have -100mv and 800 core, 22mh is ok.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
It seems like GCN 1.0 cards are degrading quite a lot due to the ever growing dagger file.

But GCN 1.1+ cards don't seem to be effected.

eg.
7950/70 as well as R9 280/x suffer but R9 380/x (GCN 1.2) don't seem to suffer.
Neither are the 290/390/x and fury cards. (GCN1.1+)

Can anyone confirm this behavier?

7950 and 280x running 4.4 atm and I see strange behavior.

On dwarf I get between 50-78 shares per hour on ethminer
With 4.4 I was getting around a steady 60 and I noticed I get many hours where I may see 17 shares per hour.

This is with miner running for days and stats are from pool.
OS is GenEthOS

I have not had time to play with it yet too much but I get 36mhs and 550 khs on the CDM cmd with 1050 core on my msi 280x and 950 core 1500 mem clock on my Sapphire Dual-X 7950 Flex
Activity: 505
Merit: 252
It seems like GCN 1.0 cards are degrading quite a lot due to the ever growing dagger file.

But GCN 1.1+ cards don't seem to be effected.

eg.
7950/70 as well as R9 280/x suffer but R9 380/x (GCN 1.2) don't seem to suffer.
Neither are the 290/390/x and fury cards. (GCN1.1+)

Can anyone confirm this behavier?

Activity: 306
How to save miner info settings - IP, port, hashrate? Each time it start I have to refill input?

Manager saves settings when you close it, of course if it has rights to write to "Options.ini" file in its own directory. So it will not save settings if you reset PC.
Well options.ini have only few rows, I don't know what to write or save.

If you are on windows 8 that might be the case, try placing the miner folder inside the C:\ folder.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
How to save miner info settings - IP, port, hashrate? Each time it start I have to refill input?

Manager saves settings when you close it, of course if it has rights to write to "Options.ini" file in its own directory. So it will not save settings if you reset PC.

Who said that you have to write anything there?
1. Open Manager.
2. Add rigs in it.
3. Close Manager.
4. Open Manager. Rigs must be there. If it works, I don't understand why you asked this question. If not, you have no rights to write to Manager's directory, run it as admin.
Activity: 232

Activity: 158
Merit: 10
Hello, I have r9 270x 2GB, when I start the miner it show in MSI Afterburner that gpu load on 0-1% only. Tried drivers 15.12 and 15.7.1. OS: windows 10. Is it OK and it must be like this, or I am doing something wrong? Also added variables:
Code:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

just curious.... did you begin those commands with "setx" ?
Of course I do )) Maybe someone had the same problem?

if you have 2GB cards, Claymore's guide suggest you do the following:

1. setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
2. at least 16GB Windows Virtual Memory
3. Catalyst 15.12

So I did it. Miner can find the shares, but gpu load on 0-1% and it can find near to 20 shares per hour. I think it is little amount.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

Jump to: