Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1287. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

how do I disable only a card, I have 5

-di    GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).

See 1st post
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Just saw this!!
AMD's Radeon RX 480 brings high-end graphics to the masses for just $200

4GB memory at 150 Watts per card!

Please I hope it will work with this miner!!!
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Miner #4 quit showing temp and fan speed. Mining Speed still holding steady. Sapphire 380x card and I have restarted the rig but no luck! What can I do to get it back?
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

And it's not very good fan algo control by miner. Trixx auto fan control works much smoother. For example it stable with 75 degree and 41% fan with Trixx. Your's goes much higher to cooling down GPU and then much lower when temp is far from 75 degree. So it's go up and down too much.

As i understand right automatix trix control works with preemptive mechanism. For example if temp target 75 so if it's now 74 the fans goes up a bit and it's looks smoother.
Do you realize that Unwinder (who is behind Rivatuner, Afterburner and Trixx), had worked for more than 10 years polishing the core of the program And fan control mechanism?

As for Polaris, fairly sure most miners will work on them - they are base on same same GCN architecture
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
How about eth hashrates for every card in monitor just like temps.
+1

Added as option, just wait a bit for new version.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Or better put these setting in environment variables.
setx command puts them into environment variables. Unlike set (that puts them for current process and child processes only), setx puts them into a global environment and saves in the Registry. So any process started later will use them even after reboot.

Actually I don't know who and why first put them with setx - I see no reason to change global environment for local task (miner). Simple set is enough and it doesn't affect other programs.

Is there a way to put them back to Windows default?

Yes: http://ss64.com/nt/setx.html
Delete registry key/value.

Actually, as I just read, setting them for the first time does NOT change current environment (only new processes), so it was even more stupid using them in a batch file just for the miner.

There's an easier way

Right click on start-->choose System-->click Advanced system settings on the left-->click Environment Variables-->Edit or Delete the variables right there
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Hello guys!
I have a problem, after starting claymore mine for dual mining it stops and the computer freezes and i have to restart it.. only eth mine it's working for an hour max and then same thing... I have overcloks from msi but tryied one time without and still the same thing... Please help me out! I have 2x390.
Here is my config:
GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -esm 1 -etha 0 -estale 1 -mode 0 -ethi 34 -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x********.21 -epsw x -esm 1 -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:2252 -dwal ****.21 -dpsw *

Can i get some advice? Don't really know what to do..

i have a similar problem on my solo 7950 card. Command i use for launch is simple:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool http://127.0.0.1:53901 -ewal [hash_address]  -allcoins 1 -dpool stratum+tcp://stratum.decredpool.org:3333 -dwal * -dpsw *

Catalyst 15.12, now trying 16.5.3.

After miner gets to the point of mining for DevFee system freezes, hashrates drops very low (ETH from 22,7 to 10, DCR from 330 to 110), only thing that helps is restarting Miner. What interested is that it run good all last night.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Or better put these setting in environment variables.
setx command puts them into environment variables. Unlike set (that puts them for current process and child processes only), setx puts them into a global environment and saves in the Registry. So any process started later will use them even after reboot.

Actually I don't know who and why first put them with setx - I see no reason to change global environment for local task (miner). Simple set is enough and it doesn't affect other programs.

Is there a way to put them back to Windows default?

Yes: http://ss64.com/nt/setx.html
Delete registry key/value.

Actually, as I just read, setting them for the first time does NOT change current environment (only new processes), so it was even more stupid using them in a batch file just for the miner.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
+1
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Strange issue. But it shows really fan speed. It happends on one farm with r9 nano and -tt flag. On others with -tt flags it's ok.

ETH - Total Speed: 50.038 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:04
ETH: GPU0 25.013 Mh/s, GPU1 25.025 Mh/s
 DCR - Total Speed: 1751.339 Mh/s, Total Shares: 45, Rejected: 1
 DCR: GPU0 875.450 Mh/s, GPU1 875.889 Mh/s
Cannot get current fan speed
GPU0 t=51C fan=-1%, GPU1 t=74C fan=46%, GPU2 t=74C fan=44%
 DCR: 06/01/16-15:35:21 - SHARE FOUND - (GPU 0)
 DCR: Share accepted (63 ms)!

And it's not very good fan algo control by miner. Trixx auto fan control works much smoother. For example it stable with 75 degree and 41% fan with Trixx. Your's goes much higher to cooling down GPU and then much lower when temp is far from 75 degree. So it's go up and down too much.

As i understand right automatix trix control works with preemptive mechanism. For example if temp target 75 so if it's now 74 the fans goes up a bit and it's looks smoother.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 531
Hi Claymore,

First of all, thx for your good job.

I'm with 3.3 version, works like a charm for me.

But, i see my hash rate decreased slowly with the time, not much (like 4% by month), but each week i see it decreased to nearly 1%.

Do you have an idea?

Hashrate decreases a little after each epoch change. Dag file grows and makes performance decrease a little. When mining started I remember a 7970 was hashing 25 mh/s. So it is the normal thing.

Ok thx for your answer, effectively i see the decrease after the epoch change.
Now i know why
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Hi Claymore,

But, i see my hash rate decreased slowly with the time, not much (like 4% by month), but each week i see it decreased to nearly 1%.

Do you have an idea?

Hashrate decreases a little after each epoch change. Dag file grows and makes performance decrease a little. When mining started I remember a 7970 was hashing 25 mh/s. So it is the normal thing.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 531
Hi Claymore,

Do you have an idea?
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
another idea for monitor: add statistics about how many times every GPU gave incorrect result. As it is can be because of too much overclocking, that statistics can help to see which GPU needs to be underclocked a bit.
this is a great idea.
yes, that is not counted at all and it should be. Not only in monitor but in miner too.

Agreed, will be included in next update, I almost finished it.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Claymore, do you have any idea if your miner should work with the upcoming Polaris cards?
Activity: 848
Merit: 500
another idea for monitor: add statistics about how many times every GPU gave incorrect result. As it is can be because of too much overclocking, that statistics can help to see which GPU needs to be underclocked a bit.
this is a great idea.
yes, that is not counted at all and it should be. Not only in monitor but in miner too.
legendary
Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

this is a great idea.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
Inactivity: 8963
Isn't -mport -3333 doing that?
Jump to: