Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1297. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Afaik r9 380 (non x) is best $/mh especially the 2GB models, however the point about Nano resale value is very relevant especially with 14nm just around the corner. Still 18 Nano's are insanely expensive  Cool

Are the 2GB a limitation in any way on the claymore miner, as it isn't using a DAG anyways?

Claymore's miner still uses a DAG. It just creates it directly on the GPU, instead of creating it on disk and then uploading it from disk to the GPU. So yes, the 2GB limitation still applies (though it sounds from posts here like 2GB cards are still working for the time being).

Seems like the DAG is around 1,45GB. Thats what my cards use of memory.

Thanks for the input!

How come the miner can start mining almost immediately then?

I'm no expert on Ethereum's PoW algorithm, but I'm guessing because Claymore has written a very fast DAG generator that runs directly on the GPU, and because GPU memory is way, way, way faster than a hard disk. It does take some time--the console messages show that it takes about 5-6 seconds to generate the DAG on each of my GPUs.
Activity: 968
Merit: 624
Still a manic miner
few questions/suggestions

1. Is it possible for remote manager to access from outside ip. Its working fine in my private network but i want to access it from outside to chek on rigs, like in my browser when i type 127.0.0.1:8000 is it possible to be myoutside(publicstatic)ip:8000 to get the same result? found solution Smiley

Would you be so kind to share the solution?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Seems like an easy to solve task but i can't get the alternative pools to work when the main pool is down.
This is the config i use in the dpool file.

POOL: stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:9111 -dwal markus.markus -dpsw x
-eworker markus

POOL: stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252 -dwal DskZM1YQeiqhWas2cVEHaRRabwZzQaJnc9G -dpsw x

and the epool config:

POOL: us1.ethpool.org:3333, -ewal 0x59c73395a50d79b2a675802581f34387a09aed24 -epsw x

POOL: us1.ethermine.org:4444, WALLET: 0x59c73395a50d79b2a675802581f34387a09aed25
, PSW: x, WORKER: markus, ESM: 1, ALLPOOLS: 0

Today suprnova was down for a few min and i saw the claymore trying to connect the alternative pools and it didnt work. All red. What im doing wrong?

thanks in advance Smiley

your ETH address... ends with "24" and the other ends with "25" ~ typo???
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Seems like an easy to solve task but i can't get the alternative pools to work when the main pool is down.
This is the config i use in the dpool file.

POOL: stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:9111 -dwal markus.markus -dpsw x
-eworker markus

POOL: stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252 -dwal DskZM1YQeiqhWas2cVEHaRRabwZzQaJnc9G -dpsw x

and the epool config:

POOL: us1.ethpool.org:3333, -ewal 0x59c73395a50d79b2a675802581f34387a09aed24 -epsw x

POOL: us1.ethermine.org:4444, WALLET: 0x59c73395a50d79b2a675802581f34387a09aed25
, PSW: x, WORKER: markus, ESM: 1, ALLPOOLS: 0

Today suprnova was down for a few min and i saw the claymore trying to connect the alternative pools and it didnt work. All red. What im doing wrong?

thanks in advance Smiley
Activity: 72
Just read carefully. 2 Sapphire Nanos - means 24 MH/s per card)

ok got it.

you should be able to get them to about 26-27MHs with slight undervolting and overclocking; more MHs with the Nano ROM mod.
5 x Nano = up to 128Mhs, and slightly under 1000watts total; even more watts savings with the Nano ROM mod.
I guess for multi GPU farms, the savings from electricity alone will be worth the $499 per GPU.

depending on your rig setup (CPU power etc. I suppose) mine clocked 1050 watts on a meter with 5 cards (using Claymore), no ROM mods were needed for that. So I guess you can push it further? 1250 watts with 6 cards on the same setup.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Afaik r9 380 (non x) is best $/mh especially the 2GB models, however the point about Nano resale value is very relevant especially with 14nm just around the corner. Still 18 Nano's are insanely expensive  Cool

Are the 2GB a limitation in any way on the claymore miner, as it isn't using a DAG anyways?

Claymore's miner still uses a DAG. It just creates it directly on the GPU, instead of creating it on disk and then uploading it from disk to the GPU. So yes, the 2GB limitation still applies (though it sounds from posts here like 2GB cards are still working for the time being).

Thanks for the input!

How come the miner can start mining almost immediately then?
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
When i try to run on my ArchLinux system i get an error:
Code:
./ethdcrminer64: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found (required by ./ethdcrminer64)

Is there any way to fix this? I do have libcurl installed already, and i tried an older version as well. Do i need a very specific version of libcurl?

https://github.com/Vector35/binaryninja-api/issues/155
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libcurl-compat/

Maybe this?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
When i try to run on my ArchLinux system i get an error:
Code:
./ethdcrminer64: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found (required by ./ethdcrminer64)

Is there any way to fix this? I do have libcurl installed already, and i tried an older version as well. Do i need a very specific version of libcurl?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

ok got it.

you should be able to get them to about 26-27MHs with slight undervolting and overclocking; more MHs with the Nano ROM mod.
5 x Nano = up to 128Mhs, and slightly under 1000watts total; even more watts savings with the Nano ROM mod.
I guess for multi GPU farms, the savings from electricity alone will be worth the $499 per GPU.
Activity: 45
anybody tried R9-Nanos on ETH and DCR?
whats the best you could squeeze out of them for performance?
Need to know the baseline best settings at stock, before I apply some mod....  Roll Eyes

Have 3x 6 card R9 nano rigs, v15 drivers *seem* to be best, you should get 150 mh/s without much trouble.

Am interested to see what you can squeeze out of these babys!

edit: ETH 150 mh/s + DCR 2.5 gh/s per rig

You sir have too much money, who can afford that many nanos for a mining rig.

actually Nanos are a good buy in the long run, because it has higher resale value avoiding being stuck with legacy cards that suck in too much power, and also fantastic undervolting capabilities. With special ROM mod, 6 x Nanos can deliver 185MH/s with only 4.8amp @ 1050w! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14404213

Nanos looks like great cards.. but so costly.

What prices do you get on:

R9 Nano (48mh)
R9 390    (31mh)
R9 380ITX (22mh)

Would be interesting to see calcs on $/mh

R9-Nano can do 48MHs??? How do you get 48MHs per GPU?

My 390s with slight undervolting and overclocking can do max 29.9MHs per GPU with CDM 4.4 (with dual mining ethi 16 and no dcri settings)... impressive actually this CDM being able to push the 390.

me too! I'd love to know if 48MHs per GPU is possible!
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Need to know the baseline best settings at stock, before I apply some mod....  Roll Eyes

Have 3x 6 card R9 nano rigs, v15 drivers *seem* to be best, you should get 150 mh/s without much trouble.

actually Nanos are a good buy in the long run, because it has higher resale value avoiding being stuck with legacy cards that suck in too much power, and also fantastic undervolting capabilities. With special ROM mod, 6 x Nanos can deliver 185MH/s with only 4.8amp @ 1050w! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14404213

R9 Nano (48mh)
R9 390    (31mh)
R9 380ITX (22mh)

R9-Nano can do 48MHs??? How do you get 48MHs per GPU?

My 390s with slight undervolting and overclocking can do max 29.9MHs per GPU with CDM 4.4 (with dual mining ethi 16 and no dcri settings)... impressive actually this CDM being able to push the 390.
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

Activity: 82

Activity: 18
few questions/suggestions

1. Is it possible for remote manager to access from outside ip. Its working fine in my private network but i want to access it from outside to chek on rigs, like in my browser when i type 127.0.0.1:8000 is it possible to be myoutside(publicstatic)ip:8000 to get the same result? found solution Smiley

2. It would be great to add option for remote manager to send alert email when miner stops or hangs or when -tstop is reached, like now when it says warning in titlebar when something is wrong option to send email or any other kind of alert so we dont have to check every few minutes for status.

3.it would be good to have option to save manager config, if we change manager to another computer to avoid typing again. i see now, when you exit manager a new file is created which is basicly config for manager Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

Activity: 232
Merit: 100
Is this miner working on coinotron?

I'm not sure those kind of power savings are capable using Claymore's dual mode, owing to the extra load on the cards?
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

R9 Nano (48mh)
R9 390    (31mh)
R9 380ITX (22mh)

Jump to: