Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1300. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 575
Merit: 500
Anyone have luck getting Win10 to detect 3 X 295x2? I have 2 running fine (4 GPUs), tried to add a 3rd for a total of 6 GPUs using a powered riser but will not detect the 2 additional GPU's and looking at the win logs, looks like its crashing on loading the driver for the additional card. So device manager also shows the 4 GPUs that are working. Power not an issue, using multiple EVGA's 1300's

BTW, I have tried the 15.12 drivers and also the newest drivers, no luck PC still only recognized 2 cards (4 GPUs). Tried both on-board and using powered PCIe extensions, same result. Any ideas?
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

I run 2 rigs in the same network. What IP do I need to enter?
I tried the public IP but this is the same one for all pc's in my network.
The local ip address of a miner, if you are in the same network. Otherwise, you need to do port forwarding for access from the outside.

I use the local ip and it doesn't work.
I have installed the app on my phone and added my local ip with port 3333 but it shows nothing since 10 minutes.

Edit - it works now - just took some time.
Thank you for this tool Smiley
Activity: 49
Merit: 0

The local ip address of a miner, if you are in the same network. Otherwise, you need to do port forwarding for access from the outside.
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
GenEthOS stock OS
dont oc with CDM commands, use MSI afterburner instead that way You wont have problems it was mensioned couple times in thread Wink
I think he'd be glad to use MSI AB as soon as you or somebody else ports it to Linux (see above, he runs Linux OS).

BTW, similar question: who and how downvoltages HD79xx/R92xx AMD cards on Linux? I tried atitweak but it shows performance levels 0 and 1 only, but cards run at 2 and 3. No way to change voltage. od6config is for newer cards. Any other ways apart from modding the BIOS? Any tool for Linux?

damn my bad, sorry

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Does not work on mail notification, and does not work correctly Statistics reported section (shows zero heshreyt) on the bullet http://eth.nanopool.org . The only problem with "Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred AMD GPU Miner", classic miner with no problems.
Please fix.

Classic miner works via HTTP. My miner works via Stratum. Can anyone confirm that Nanopool shows "Reported Hashrate" if Stratum is used with ethminer+eth-proxy or with other proxy?
I was unable to make it work.
Same thing with email notification, it works for HTTP mode, but what about Stratum mode? On their help page I see info about email notification for HTTP mode, but no word about it in Stratum mode.
If they don't support "reported hashrate" and email notifications for Stratum, it is the problem of nanopool. Mining Ethereum via HTTP is not a good idea. May be you should contact nanopool support and ask them about it?
Activity: 742
Does not work on mail notification, and does not work correctly Statistics reported section (shows zero heshreyt) on the bullet http://eth.nanopool.org . The only problem with "Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred AMD GPU Miner", classic miner with no problems.
Please fix.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
GenEthOS stock OS
dont oc with CDM commands, use MSI afterburner instead that way You wont have problems it was mensioned couple times in thread Wink
I think he'd be glad to use MSI AB as soon as you or somebody else ports it to Linux (see above, he runs Linux OS).

BTW, similar question: who and how downvoltages HD79xx/R92xx AMD cards on Linux? I tried atitweak but it shows performance levels 0 and 1 only, but cards run at 2 and 3. No way to change voltage. od6config is for newer cards. Any other ways apart from modding the BIOS? Any tool for Linux?
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
Btw.. what about the monitoring tool that should be available?
Where can I get it?
The 1st page, the 1st message of this thread...
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Hey guys,

what stats do you run your R9 280X cards?

I currently use core clock 1100 mem clock 600 voltage 0.925V

I try to find a config that has nearly as much hashrate but does save more engery.

And what do you run your 270X? I currently use core clocl 1100 mem clock 1000 voltage 1.1V
Mid 19mhs stock voltage 1050 core 1500 mem
GenEthOS stock OS
I've had no luck with CDM core or mem settings they crash my miner.

Edit: sorry forgot to add it's a MSI 280x Gaming OC 3GB

Btw.. what about the monitoring tool that should be available?
Where can I get it?
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
@Claymore, can you add %Name% way for some miner specific options like -etha and -mport?

I got different -etha and -mport settings on each miner and i cant push same config to all miners...

Ok I'll think about it.

I got an idea for an easy implementation(from excel:) .  If in my config there is a line starting with "$" keep it.

Lets say my config is:

Code:
-epool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008
-ewal wallet/Name
-epsw [email protected]
-esm 0
-mode 1
&-etha 1,0,0,0
&-mport 3335

And push config with

Code:
-epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444
-ewal wallet.Name
-epsw x
-esm 1
-mode 1

Will result in this:

Code:
-epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444
-ewal wallet.Name
-epsw x
-esm 1
-mode 1
&-etha 1,0,0,0
&-mport 3335

p.s. But the name stays a little problematic...
I found increasing RAM clock speed on my 7950s and 7970 increased hashrate a lot!

I can't really imagine that...

My 280X got 21 MHs at 1600 mem clock and got 21,5 at 600 mem clock... it even got more with lower mem clock - eth algo doesn't even bother the memory.
Activity: 682
I found increasing RAM clock speed on my 7950s and 7970 increased hashrate a lot!
Activity: 311
Merit: 10
My 280x runs best hashrate/power wise at -ethi 4 btw, stock clocks and memory and voltage down as much as possible.
Gives me the best overall hashrate/power rate.
But you'll have to benchmark that with your cards.
Hey guys,

I try to find a config that has nearly as much hashrate but does save more engery.

And what do you run your 270X? I currently use core clocl 1100 mem clock 1000 voltage 1.1V

Just a few 'rules':
Clock and mem don't do much.
First set voltage back as much as possible, then increase intensity in miners config.
This way you'll get the best hashrate with lowest power possible.
Also notice that heat needs more watts, so fans at a higher fanspeed and cooler GPU's lowers the energy too.
Running ETH only is best for power consumtion, but earnings-wise you'll get more after adding DCR too.
But then you'll need more power, generate more heat etc.

I run ETH only. I know they need to be cool. I run the fans @ 100% all the time and have an additional vent in front of the rig.

I start it like this:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0xD5B1C0b4a418F512D37645F57c0Cba6D44bAdaA0 -epsw x -wd 0 -esm

I get ~ 21 MHs for each 280X and ~ 15 MHs for the 270X.

How could I improve this?

And btw - clocks influence the hashspeed. But setting a higher clock does need more energy than it will produce hashpeed.
That's why I wanna run them at a relatively low core clock of 1100.

Sure I can set 1250... but they will get like 10% more speed but need 30% more energy.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
@Claymore, can you add %Name% way for some miner specific options like -etha and -mport?

I got different -etha and -mport settings on each miner and i cant push same config to all miners...

Ok I'll think about it.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Activity: 311
Merit: 10
Hey guys,

Just a few 'rules':
Clock and mem don't do much.
First set voltage back as much as possible, then increase intensity in miners config.
This way you'll get the best hashrate with lowest power possible.
Also notice that heat needs more watts, so fans at a higher fanspeed and cooler GPU's lowers the energy too.
Running ETH only is best for power consumtion, but earnings-wise you'll get more after adding DCR too.
But then you'll need more power, generate more heat etc.
Jump to: