Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1301. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 682
Merit: 500
Hey guys,

what stats do you run your R9 280X cards?

I currently use core clock 1100 mem clock 600 voltage 0.925V

I try to find a config that has nearly as much hashrate but does save more engery.

And what do you run your 270X? I currently use core clocl 1100 mem clock 1000 voltage 1.1V

280x are capable of 23mh/s when clocked high enough, it's what a 7970 did that I used to use, 1240/1700 clock speeds. Even got a 7950 here that'll do 22.5mh/s at 1180/1700 Smiley
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508
Hey guys,

I try to find a config that has nearly as much hashrate but does save more engery.

And what do you run your 270X? I currently use core clocl 1100 mem clock 1000 voltage 1.1V
Mid 19mhs stock voltage 1050 core 1500 mem
GenEthOS stock OS
I've had no luck with CDM core or mem settings they crash my miner.

Edit: sorry forgot to add it's a MSI 280x Gaming OC 3GB

I have a 280X Vapor-X and one 280X Toxic.
I feel like they would even work with lower voltage.. but I don't wanna try and crash my miner.

But the 270X Toxic didn't even start mining with a voltage below 1.0 V

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Hey guys,

Mid 19mhs stock voltage 1050 core 1500 mem
GenEthOS stock OS
I've had no luck with CDM core or mem settings they crash my miner.

Edit: sorry forgot to add it's a MSI 280x Gaming OC 3GB
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508
Hey guys,

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
v4.4:

- "-tstop" option now stops mining on overheated GPU instead of closing miner.
- if GPU fan is not available (non-standard cooling), miner still shows temperature.
- now miner sends also worker name (if specified) when sends current hashrate to pool.
- now you can specify configuration file name in the command line.
- improved failover files parsing, now commas can be used as parameter values.
- Fixed issues with remote control after miner restarting in Linux version.
- Linux version, "-r 1" option: if "reboot.bash" not found, miner will execute "reboot.sh".
- EthMan: sending epools.txt and dpools.txt - they are applied in the miner immediately now.
- EthMan shows the percentage of rejected shares.
- EthMan: added "Comments" field in miner properties.
- EthMan: added table header and auto-refresh for web page.
- EthMan: added warning if some miners in table are red.
- EthMan: added ability to minimize to system tray.
- bug fixes.

Claymore you are the kiddie!  Smiley

Claymore what files are used to pick up the temperature and fan details up, are they installed with the card driver?

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and get no temp reports, this appears in the logs '15:05:54:821   b44   Cannot find any AMD adapters'

I'm guessing it's tied up with the driver, but I'd be grateful for any pointers.
v4.4:

- if GPU fan is not available (non-standard cooling), miner still shows temperature.
- now miner sends also worker name (if specified) when sends current hashrate to pool.
- Linux version, "-r 1" option: if "reboot.bash" not found, miner will execute "reboot.sh".
- EthMan: sending epools.txt and dpools.txt - they are applied in the miner immediately now.
- bug fixes.

Claymore what files are used to pick up the temperature and fan details up, are they installed with the card driver?
v4.4:

- bug fixes.

Activity: 96
Crashed my psu. Working dual miner ( 4.3 ) after 1 hour.
My rig: 3x R7 370 . Psu coolermaster 600w.

What did you expect with CM 600W...
Per card 150w
3x card 450w
50-100w motherboard.
2month use it 600w
İt's not my error.
Cm 4.3 bad.
( my friend crashed psu 1200w 1x r7 370 1x r9 280x )

No software can physically damage pc. Your hardware is underdimensioned. Look in the mirror.

Per card 150w
3x card 450w
50-100w motherboard.
2month use it 600w
İt's not my error.
Cm 4.3 bad.

My old Antminer S3+ killed one of them CM600`s as well as some OCZ 650w`ers and a thermaltake 500w.
copper member
Activity: 1274
Merit: 555
https://refpa28543.top/L?tag=d_286347m_1264c_&site

Per card 150w
3x card 450w
50-100w motherboard.
2month use it 600w
İt's not my error.
Cm 4.3 bad.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v4.4:

- bug fixes.
Activity: 575
Every known stratum version is now supported directly at eth.cncoin.farm. Claymore's miner supported using -esm 0 1 or 2 Smiley. Can I get more people testing to verify it works ok for you?

Note: Pool fee will go to 1% after we hit the next block and it pays out.

Are you the operator of CNcoin.farm? 430% wow. Figured I'd give it a try and stuck in this crazy 2+ days round
Activity: 575
Anyone have luck getting Win10 to detect 3 X 295x2? I have 2 running fine (4 GPUs), tried to add a 3rd for a total of 6 GPUs using a powered riser but will not detect the 2 additional GPU's and looking at the win logs, looks like its crashing on loading the driver for the additional card. So device manager also shows the 4 GPUs that are working. Power not an issue, using multiple EVGA's 1300's
EVGA are mostly made by SuperFlower a vary high end server PSU manufacture and make most of the 80 Plus Titanium. They don`t mind being pushed hard. I have not had luck pushing Corsair to full loads, my rule of thumb on Corsairs I have is look at 1200 as 900 stable. In your case with that 600 I would look at it as 400 stable watts, So good for one card. Sure can use more but in my eyes and experience its a bad idea unless you really want new gear.

This is a common problem in the mining community always overkill your power sources saves cash in hydro, saves on heat output, saves hardware and extends life of hardware.

Here is a beast if your looking http://www.super-flower.com.tw/products_detail.php?class=2&sn=16&ID=119&lang=en
Activity: 96

It's not fault of CM 600.
R7 370 can suck up to 150W when in dual. 75W can come from PCI-e 6 pin, so another 75W (6,25A) must flow through PCI-E slot from motherboard. And this is only for one card! Make it times 3 and you get almost 20A flowing through motherboard. Risers powered directly form psu are resonable idea in that case.

Of course its not PSU problem, it's owners one because he uses inadequate PSU for mining.
Usually this is done by inexperienced miners who either what to get by cheap or think that each PSU can be measured just by what it says on the box (W wise).

Its offtopic but still its painful to read it. More guesswork than facts, and what would one whos middle name isnt ohms law, make out of it? Just more confusion.

More powerful psu dont stop atx pins from burning and risers dont consume 6.25A, truth is right there inbetween. Risers take half or less than one pcie but multiplied its still too much for atx connector.

Had few weeks run with 4 unpowered risers and result was exactly the same. Powered them all up and they got 3-3,5 amps each while pcie-s got 15A per two.

Right now 290x draws 2A from riser and 18A from pcie-s.
Activity: 682
Very true what everyone is saying about the PSUs.

My PC with no problems uses an EVGA 1300w.

The problem PC only had a 700w Coolermaster Silent Pro at the time, should have been enough for the three graphics cards mining Eth only. But it only takes a dynamic bump in power draw from the CPU for something like Windows Updates, and boom, you go over the threshold and the PSU can't take it. To alleviate the issue I started using a 600w Corsair PSU too.

I'm now instead building a third PC and will split the GFX cards up, 2 in each PC. Will be better for cooling too and then I can overclock them more Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

R7 370 can suck up to 150W when in dual. 75W can come from PCI-e 6 pin, so another 75W (6,25A) must flow through PCI-E slot from motherboard. And this is only for one card! Make it times 3 and you get almost 20A flowing through motherboard. Risers powered directly form psu are resonable idea in that case.

Of course its not PSU problem, it's owners one because he uses inadequate PSU for mining.
Usually this is done by inexperienced miners who either what to get by cheap or think that each PSU can be measured just by what it says on the box (W wise).

For mining....800, 1000 or 1300w PSUs - good ones like Corsair, EVGAs are worth the investment.
No regrets getting the EVGA 1300w, 5 cards easy with some undervolting, esp those 390s
Activity: 569
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
-
Dual miner 4.3 calistirdiktan 1saat sonra psu yandı. Tam yanma aşamasında kokudan farkettik kartları zor kurtardık. Anakart ve psu pert.
Kartlarin cektigi watt hesaplamasini dikkatli yapmak lazim. Benim gibi ucu ucuna yeten psu kullananların riski büyük.

I feel your pain, had exactly the same problem running three cards on two PCs. One of the PCs the socket started to burn and it melted the pins like yours.

Fortunately, mine still lives.  Grin

maybe you didn't make sure the socket is firmly connected to the board.

loose connection => heating of wires => burning

technically that might still work, you just have to find a way to make the connection again, solder some wire in the board so you can make a connection to the PSU wire again (the burned sockets only)---> if you have the skill.
I find it best to not pull over 60% from any one psu. Vary few people take in to account dynamic power pulls from a device or the efficiency drop of a psu
Jump to: