Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1330. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Is anyone having problems with Dwarf's pool?

My rigs are reporting accepted shares put the pool's website is claiming no shares are being sent  Huh

WTF?
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
Hi Claymore

Could you please check 390x coreclock issue, when i mine with genoil miner clock is same as msi afterburner setting
but with your miner it drops around 950 with slight fluctuations.

tanx

we may have the same issue, but mine shows only when mining in dual mode..my temps (VRM) are up thread.

core clocks don't touch 80c except for my msi r9 390 sometimes during the heat of the day it reaches 83c..looking at hwinfo it is not the one down-throttling, it is my sapphire 390 and 390x that is down-throttling.

eth only mining does not down-throttle..so these 3 cards is on eth only mode due to loosing a lot of ETH hashes compared to gains in ETH-DCR dual mode.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
It takes a lot of time to test solo mode, I put all my cards on it, but still not enough and I have to wait for many hours, network diff is too high. Anyway, even if I cannot find a block, I will release v4.2 in a few hours because it works with eth-proxy so it must work with geth as well.

Awesome! Can't wait to go solo with your miner.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
It takes a lot of time to test solo mode, I put all my cards on it, but still not enough and I have to wait for many hours, network diff is too high. Anyway, even if I cannot find a block, I will release v4.2 in a few hours because it works with eth-proxy so it must work with geth as well.

I believe some members whom have asked for the solo feature have monster hash capability, so we would like to test it out and perhaps this way we can give you faster feedback.

for smaller hash rate miners, it is still advisable to use pools so they can monitor what's going on..

for me, patience for up to two days or maybe up to three days is the limit.
legendary

The 390-8GB is slightly OCed, stock is 1015Mhz/1500Mhz, changing memory seems not giving any reduction in total watts.
With standard ethminer.exe, I can achieve only 26++MHs and qtminer.exe 27+MHs, but with CDM 29.xxMHs.
So if my wattage comes under 1300w, with the underclock and still maintain CDM 29.xxMHs, I can now put another GPU to fully utilise the PSU with higher total hash of 177+ MHs per rig.
So underclocking has its benefits and the rig has been running for more than 2 weeks with CDM. Temp low 70s overall.
Upgrading the Catalyst to 16.3.2 has also no obvious effect, hash, temp and stability seems unchanged.
16-20GB virtual memory as per Claymore's guide applied too.

Thanks. I'm already testing it on my rigs.

Cheers!

PS: Claymore mentioned he was going to had some kind of power control feature. I wonder if we will get it in the next hours  Huh
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hello,

This regards the following error:

"OpenCL error - 4 - cannot create DAG on GPU"
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6HNx74FwQi2VXJDZjBQbjQ0QWs

4 cards mine and one doesn't. If I change the cards or PCI slots, the problem will move from GPU to another. Where before it was GPU1, then it became GPU 4.
I am running windows 8.1 from a 64usb drive. When formatting the USB drive I formatted it the maximum amount of virtual memory, which was 59gb or so.

I can't imagine what is giving this issue. After 10 minutes or less this dual miner requested to shut down because it was out of memory also.

Any ideas for solutions please? I've noticed I'm not the only one who has had this issue but I could not find a resolution for them.

This is the .bat file I am running:
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal address -epsw x -eworker Worker01 -ethi 8 -mode 1

I tested if it is this is hardware related also. Disconnected a random card.
Then 4 cards mined without errors. Reconnected that card, and now disconnected another card.
This second lot of 4 cards also mined without any errors, hence eliminating the idea that this is a hardware issue.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

I believe some members whom have asked for the solo feature have monster hash capability, so we would like to test it out and perhaps this way we can give you faster feedback.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

MSI-R9-390 x 5, -100Mv, 1020Mhz, 1500Mhz, Catalyst 16.3.2, ASrock H81-BTC, Celeron 1840, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, EVGA 1600 PSU
Per GPU: Mining ETH and DCR, 29.1-29.4MHs, 870-875MHs (-dcri 60), 1350-1420 watts
Per GPU: Mining ETH only, 29.5-29.6MHs, 1290-1350watts
Results: ETH only mining, I can add 1 more GPU to be just under 1600watts.

So, you lower only the voltage but not the GPU/VRAM speeds? And you keep the same hashrate?

The 390-8GB is slightly OCed, stock is 1015Mhz/1500Mhz, changing memory seems not giving any reduction in total watts.
With standard ethminer.exe, I can achieve only 26++MHs and qtminer.exe 27+MHs, but with CDM 29.xxMHs.
So if my wattage comes under 1300w, with the underclock and still maintain CDM 29.xxMHs, I can now put another GPU to fully utilise the PSU with higher total hash of 177+ MHs per rig.
So underclocking has its benefits and the rig has been running for more than 2 weeks with CDM. Temp low 70s overall.
Upgrading the Catalyst to 16.3.2 has also no obvious effect, hash, temp and stability seems unchanged.
16-20GB virtual memory as per Claymore's guide applied too.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
legendary

MSI-R9-390 x 5, -100Mv, 1020Mhz, 1500Mhz, Catalyst 16.3.2, ASrock H81-BTC, Celeron 1840, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, EVGA 1600 PSU
Per GPU: Mining ETH and DCR, 29.1-29.4MHs, 870-875MHs (-dcri 60), 1350-1420 watts

So, you lower only the voltage but not the GPU/VRAM speeds? And you keep the same hashrate?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Guys, are you undervolting your cards? And they remain stable?

I'm using 15.12 drivers as per Claymore recommendation and my rigs (6 x 270x and 5 x 9750) are mining perfectly with stock values.

However, I would like to save some power if that will have minimal or no impact on hashrate.

My 9750 have default values GPU-925 MHz and VRAM-1250 MHZ

When I lower the values to GPU-900, VRAM-1000 the miner freezes almost instantly.

Can someone please share any successful experience with undervolting?

Thanks!

donator
Miners developer
Hi Claymore
Could you please check 390x coreclock issue, when i mine with genoil miner clock is same as msi afterburner setting
tanx

I have MSI 390X stock, afterburner shows correct clock 1040MHz, no drops. Probably your card throttles, check its temperature.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Nice work. With v3.0 i have 100% eth hashrate + 33% dcr hashrate per card and near 0%/2% rejects respectively.
Are there any plans to add vcash (Blake algo) mining in dual mode?

Yes I'd like vcash support too

Yea, the blake algo is superlight! 
You can actually run it with claymores dualminer .. just sacrifice some.
Im sure this could be programmed to work in better synergy.

With the BLC mergepool .. you could then mine 8 coins at the same time.

ETH
DCR
BLC-Merged
PHO-Merged
BBTC-Merged
ELT-Merged
LIT-Merged
UMO-Merged

What do you mean by "you can actually run it with claymores dualminer ?" 
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Hi Claymore

tanx

legendary
Guys, are you undervolting your cards? And they remain stable?

I'm using 15.12 drivers as per Claymore recommendation and my rigs (6 x 270x and 5 x 9750) are mining perfectly with stock values.

However, I would like to save some power if that will have minimal or no impact on hashrate.

My 9750 have default values GPU-925 MHz and VRAM-1250 MHZ

When I lower the values to GPU-900, VRAM-1000 the miner freezes almost instantly.

Can someone please share any successful experience with undervolting?

Thanks!
Activity: 871
Merit: 1000
This utility will be available in a few days, I'm already working on it.
Wow.......fantastic news!!!
Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Okay so what other ways could I increase the efficiency of my cards? So far I have tried after burner and amd overclock but doesn't seem to add any hashes at all. Engine/Mem/Power Limits, all of it.. Why is this happening?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you

Excellent, Thank you.
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

What are you saying??

Are you working on a central-control-all-my-claymore-stratum-miners-utility ??

(just have to double check before i go banananananas)
donator
Miners developer
Jump to: