Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 134. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 0
please rxboost  - for nvidia Wink)
Activity: 152
Merit: 8
Hi everyone!

Correct  me if Im wrong. If i have already modded cards ( modded-straped BIOS), then i should use only -rxboost 1 option, and dont need to use -strap ?

And if Ill use  -strap i will crush the system ?

Best regards.

UPD. How mych speed do you get with rx 474 ?

So what about my question ? Any advice ?
Activity: 26
To enable compute mode on all cards: start miner as admin, press "y" key and reboot.
BTW, miner shows the note about "y" key during startup, but almost all people skip it Smiley

Yes, right, many missed it. Lips sealed
Activity: 848
Merit: 500
Hi everyone!

Correct  me if Im wrong. If i have already modded cards ( modded-straped BIOS), then i should use only -rxboost 1 option, and dont need to use -strap ?

Best regards.

The same question I have + what driver should be used to get the best performance? the blockchain (for modded) or one of the lastest one?
Latest one, i personally use 19.3.2 with compute mode switcher and atikmdag patcher.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
To enable compute mode on all cards: start miner as admin, press "y" key and reboot.
BTW, miner shows the note about "y" key during startup, but almost all people skip it Smiley
Activity: 26
i only get 31 mhs with one card but others only get 13 mhs, i switched driver to compute mode i have adrenalin 19.4.1, can someone help me
https://imgur.com/a/Rp9ioUE

Who has the same problem, here's the solution.

Download AMD-Compute-Switcher and switch all the cards into compute mode, in one click.  Cool

https://mega.nz/#!Qgl3EYxJ!_7Aes-JHrnhGpIl2v_3EwG6E_jAsV_gjyj-Eg3IFGkY

Getting started:
- Run AMD-Compute-Switcher.exe
- Read the message, on top you see "switch to compute mode" or "switch to graphics mode". Press OK if you see "switch to compute mode. - this happens if one card is not in compute mode.
- Reboot
Activity: 6
i only get 31 mhs with one card but others only get 13 mhs, i switched driver to compute mode i have adrenalin 19.4.1, can someone help me
https://imgur.com/a/Rp9ioUE
Activity: 76
@Claymore: are there chances to make dual Mining VeriBlock (VBK) possible?

Thanks, Oliver
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
Hi everyone!

Best regards.

The same question I have + what driver should be used to get the best performance? the blockchain (for modded) or one of the lastest one?
Activity: 152
Merit: 8
Hi everyone!

Best regards.

Activity: 2
Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal/Blake2s/Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.
=========================

Hi Guys,
Why are my 8cards setups crashing? The rig freezes immediatly after applying the first straps. When i remove the rxboost 1 it works fine. I dont have issues with my 5 and 6 cards setup.
The cards are 8x rx580 8gb. with Asrock h110.
Using Adrenalin 19.5.1 and Claymore 14.5

Please HELP!
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
Add please -strap support for gtx 1660 with GDDR5
Activity: 13
my tests Claymore v14.4
1050 Ti ~ 17.7 strap 5
1060 6Gb ~ 26.5 to 27.6 strap 1 (depends on card)
1070 ~ 33.5 to 34.7 strap 1 (depends on card)
1080 ~ 44.3 strap 2 (without pill)

My memory-overclocked, Samsung/Micron-mix of 1070s run at 33Mh/s per GPU without straps. Are straps going to increase that hash rate substantially?
donator
Miners developer
Simplemining just implemented Rxboost on linux  Cool

It's rather simple adjustment that I discovered a few days ago, so it's easy to clone it Smiley It works for old AMD cards too, so "-rxboost" option will also support old cards in next update.
The real magic is to apply straps on latest Nvidia (Turing), Nvidia protected these cards from such tricks, I have a solution for it too, but need some time to implement it properly before including into miner.
What rxboost actually doing?

It increases refresh interval: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_refresh
This setting is not included in AMD straps so you cannot change it with straps.
Activity: 848
Merit: 500

It's rather simple adjustment that I discovered a few days ago, so it's easy to clone it Smiley It works for old AMD cards too, so "-rxboost" option will also support old cards in next update.
The real magic is to apply straps on latest Nvidia (Turing), Nvidia protected these cards from such tricks, I have a solution for it too, but need some time to implement it properly before including into miner.
What rxboost actually doing?
Activity: 254
Merit: 100

Thanks anyway for discovery^^, since you wont implent on linux, im happy someone did
donator
Miners developer

Activity: 66
Merit: 4
I tested the rxboost and really works well. Some cards easily reach 32mhs however it hangs over a period of time.
Tried it on all 8 of my 12 card AMD rigs and each hangs on intermittent times.

Going to give some time for dev to get miner stable.

Great job so far.

Miner is stable, you should play with "-rxboost" option to find stable values for your cards.

I will look into it, just very time consuming with so many rigs. Thanks for tip.
donator
Miners developer
I tested the rxboost and really works well. Some cards easily reach 32mhs however it hangs over a period of time.

Great job so far.

Miner is stable, you should play with "-rxboost" option to find stable values for your cards.
Activity: 66
Merit: 4

Great job so far.
Jump to: