Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1358. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
How much of an improvement is expected when moving from stock ethminer/catalyst 15.8 to Claymores 3.3/catalyst 15.12 ?
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Hi, is there a possibility to build a specific DAG file? ex. #48

No. Why do you need it? Miner creates next DAG in background so there is no pause in mining, and then use it when new epoch is coming and generate next DAG in background, etc.

For me when the DAG changes, mining is stopped until next DAG has 40-65% and after that one card (or more) has 0 hashrate, to avoid this I create DAG in advance with ethminer and I use it with your miner.

Hmm, what CPU do you have? It takes some time to apply new DAG, may be it's a good idea to start creation next DAG in a few minutes.

I use several types of AMD CPU, last DAG changes this happened with a rig with Athlon X2 and other with FX 6300 where I didn't create next DAG+1 manually. On other rigs where I create DAG there was no problem. I don't think is related to CPU.
Activity: 406
www.cryptocompare.com
v3.3:

- failover for both Ethereum and Decred.
- added CRC check for DAG files. Now if DAG file is corrupted, miner will detect it and re-create DAG.
  Don't remove DAG files manually if you think that they can be corrupted - miner will do it automatically if necessary.
- default value for "-ethi" option is "8" now (instead of "16"), it slightly reduces delays when miner accepts new job.
- Bug fixes, a few minor improvements.

Note that this version will recreate DAG files because old DAGs don't have built-in CRC. If you also want to use old versions of miner, use "-dir" option to set different folders for DAG files because CRC makes DAG files incompatible between v3.3 and earlier versions.

it seemed to lower my hashrate a bit.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

No. Why do you need it? Miner creates next DAG in background so there is no pause in mining, and then use it when new epoch is coming and generate next DAG in background, etc.

For me when the DAG changes, mining is stopped until next DAG has 40-65% and after that one card (or more) has 0 hashrate, to avoid this I create DAG in advance with ethminer and I use it with your miner.

Hmm, what CPU do you have? It takes some time to apply new DAG, may be it's a good idea to start creation next DAG in a few minutes.

donator
Miners developer

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
hahahah I just updated to what was it 3.2 an hour or something before 3.3 came out.  Cant stop progress I suppose, back to work it is.
v3.3:

- added CRC check for DAG files. Now if DAG file is corrupted, miner will detect it and re-create DAG.
  Don't remove DAG files manually if you think that they can be corrupted - miner will do it automatically if necessary.
- default value for "-ethi" option is "8" now (instead of "16"), it slightly reduces delays when miner accepts new job.

Note that this version will recreate DAG files because old DAGs don't have built-in CRC. If you also want to use old versions of miner, use "-dir" option to set different folders for DAG files because CRC makes DAG files incompatible between v3.3 and earlier versions.

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
v3.3:

Just what the doctor ordered.  Loving the updates and the vast improvements this miner has to offer. Hoping you got more to come. Maybe get some options in to mine other crypto that is on the same algo as Decred but option to mine other coins alike. Can you already do this and just add the pools in to support or mine the coin same alog as Decred or does not support?
donator
Miners developer
v3.3:

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Is their option for feature add so that you can create dag file to different default location like in eth miner that is updated now can put option in to select where DAG file goes? SO can use -R F:\Ethereum\DAG for dag file to be used n F drive.
www.cryptocompare.com
I'm mining at 1600mh in the miner console... but decred pool keeps showing lower hashrate and lower payments. according to calc i should be making: 1.26. i'm making around 0.9x ... should i just move pool or could it be something with the miner? thx

I've been getting accurate results in suprnova  Cheesy

will deff. change to supernova and try it out :\ thx
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
I'm mining at 1600mh in the miner console... but decred pool keeps showing lower hashrate and lower payments. according to calc i should be making: 1.26. i'm making around 0.9x ... should i just move pool or could it be something with the miner? thx

I've been getting accurate results in suprnova  Cheesy
www.cryptocompare.com
www.cryptocompare.com
I used to mine with Ethos, now claymore seems to be available only on windows. Does anybody have any idea on how much RAM I need per card ? Most of my rigs are with 390s. The good thing about Ethos was that it was running fine with only 4Gb of RAM for a 6 card rig and not even consuming all 4.

To mine ETH you need a minimum 2 Gb RAM per card, otherwise the DAG won't load into the cards's memory

That is actually incorrect with ethos my rigs of six 390s run perfectly fine with only 4Gb of RAM on the system. About 2.9 is actually used. Ethos is really striped down Ubuntu distribution with anything not needed for mining removed. Great job by developers btw.

I meant 2 Gb memory in each card, not in the system. Yes, you can mine with 6 video cards having only 4 Gb system RAM if you use one of those special Linux flavors. Under normal conditions, even with Ubuntu, I believe 8 Gb system RAM would be a safer choice.

But every card must have a minimum 2 Gb video RAM!

i misunderstood that also, yeah makes sense 2gb for each card. ^^

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
I used to mine with Ethos, now claymore seems to be available only on windows. Does anybody have any idea on how much RAM I need per card ? Most of my rigs are with 390s. The good thing about Ethos was that it was running fine with only 4Gb of RAM for a 6 card rig and not even consuming all 4.

To mine ETH you need a minimum 2 Gb RAM per card, otherwise the DAG won't load into the cards's memory

That is actually incorrect with ethos my rigs of six 390s run perfectly fine with only 4Gb of RAM on the system. About 2.9 is actually used. Ethos is really striped down Ubuntu distribution with anything not needed for mining removed. Great job by developers btw.

I meant 2 Gb memory in each card, not in the system. Yes, you can mine with 6 video cards having only 4 Gb system RAM if you use one of those special Linux flavors. Under normal conditions, even with Ubuntu, I believe 8 Gb system RAM would be a safer choice.

But every card must have a minimum 2 Gb video RAM!
Activity: 51

I think Trimegistus is talking about video ram, not system ram.  I have 3 cards using 4.9gb sys ram on Windows 10. About 1.5-2gb of that is running Nem wallet (java) and GPU monitor.  I have 12gb so I haven't disabled any excess services and programs to free up extra memory.
Activity: 39

www.cryptocompare.com

is this normal or should i try the -esm 0 command? thx

From the OP:

-esm   Ethereum Stratum mode. 0 - eth-proxy mode (for example, dwarpool.com), 1 - qtminer mode (for example, ethpool.org), 2 - miner-proxy mode (for example, coinotron.com). 0 is default.

If you are not using the -esm parameter, you are already in -esm 0 mode.  Grin

*facepalm* ok, thx.
Jump to: