Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1366. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 682
Merit: 500
Currently I'm only mining Eth and want to test the dual mining feature.

What DCR pools exist where I don't need to signup?

Thanks
Activity: 682
Is anyone here using any of the old Stilt's modified bios for the 7950s or the 280Xs?

Is it worth it?

If the answer is yes, will the mods work only for ETH or for other algos as well (for instance X11)?

Thx  Grin

The ROMS I'm using on my 7950s were originally modified by Stilt. He only amended the 1251MHz~1375MHz and 1376MHz~1500MHz strap I think. But it definitely helped my scrypt mining performance. I copied the memory timings from 1376~1500 to 1501~1625 and 1626~1750 because it allows me to overclock over 1500 on the RAM without losing performance.

For my 7970 I couldn't find his version of the ROM anywhere, so I did it myself. The stock ROM was painfully slow for mining, it was actually slower than my 7950s! After tweaking it I got another 2mh/s. So yes, it is definitely worth it.

The timings were originally for scrypt performance, but it will also help any other memory bandwidth/memory latency bound algo.

Mileage can vary. As someone said above, it made no difference for them. I think it helps the cards the most that weren't setup well by the manufacturer. Some get it right! Stilt timing tweaks made no difference on my two 290x.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
Hello. I recently got the r9 290 card and it doesnt seem to work to it's full potential. hashrate starts out great like 27 mh/s but it will drop to 21...after it heats up to 94c (which i read is normal for these cards). the miner will show irregular hashrate for this card only. my other r9 280x are all stable hashrates. this one will sometimes hit 23... 25... 21... 20.. should i change termal paste? change clock settings? get a big ass fan and point it at it? i have also had a bsod issue but i solved it by forcing constant voltage. thank you Smiley

okay, while trying to figure this out i've noticed in gpu-z that, unlike the r9 280x cards, the gpu core clock for the R9 290 is always moving. i noticed that i get a more stable hashrate after mining a bit (it probably adapts) but it's always around 700-800ish core clock. if i set it to the default gpu core clock value (through the miner file) around 940 i believe, or maybe i can even put it a bit higher, I should see a stable and higher hashrate. this is what i'll try tomorrow but i'd love to get an opinion from someone more experinced than me before i do it. all input is welcome. thank you.

The 290 is throttling due to temp, is the card in a case or open air rig?

i guess your r9 290 is a reference design, they have a switch that throttles fan speed and increase the fan speed in catalyst.

prepare your ears though  Grin that thing is louder than 10 280x combined LOL
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
Hi

Neoscrypt good profit today, new miner ETH+FTC is good idea!
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
94c is NOT a normal temp!
Anything above 80 is risky in long term - you're reducing chips life

Add 120mm vent blowing to the card and/or open your case
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Hello. I recently got the r9 290 card and it doesnt seem to work to it's full potential. hashrate starts out great like 27 mh/s but it will drop to 21...after it heats up to 94c (which i read is normal for these cards). the miner will show irregular hashrate for this card only. my other r9 280x are all stable hashrates. this one will sometimes hit 23... 25... 21... 20.. should i change termal paste? change clock settings? get a big ass fan and point it at it? i have also had a bsod issue but i solved it by forcing constant voltage. thank you Smiley

okay, while trying to figure this out i've noticed in gpu-z that, unlike the r9 280x cards, the gpu core clock for the R9 290 is always moving. i noticed that i get a more stable hashrate after mining a bit (it probably adapts) but it's always around 700-800ish core clock. if i set it to the default gpu core clock value (through the miner file) around 940 i believe, or maybe i can even put it a bit higher, I should see a stable and higher hashrate. this is what i'll try tomorrow but i'd love to get an opinion from someone more experinced than me before i do it. all input is welcome. thank you.

The 290 is throttling due to temp, is the card in a case or open air rig?
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Is there any working Command line for other Ether clone    Hashimoto ( shift coin , Expance , SoilCoin )

this doesnt work for me
-epool stratum+tcp://shift.suprnova.cc:3000 -ewal billyboy4022.1 -epsw x

This works for expanse:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool exp-eu.dwarfpool.com:8018 -ewal 0xXXX -epsw X -eworker X -mode 1 -allcoins -1
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Can someone advise why my 280x only gets 300+ MH per card? It used to do 1.3k MH per card.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Is anybody getting paid what the calculator's say you should get paid?  I am definitely not.  If you are, which calculators and pools are you using?

I'm facing the same bullshit on ethermine... The displayed hashrate(poolside 76Mh) is nice and smooth, the calculated earning(pool calc) is a bit above 1eth/24h. I have checked it quite often in the last 4 days and the actual revenue is lower than it should be.
I should get the payment each day a bit earlier but those are the facts:
Thu Apr 21 2016 14:52:58 GMT+0200 (CEST)
Wed Apr 20 2016 12:47:05 GMT+0200 (CEST)
Tue Apr 19 2016 09:42:50 GMT+0200 (CEST)
Mon Apr 18 2016 07:51:57 GMT+0200 (CEST

I know those are the pools... But no way of going solo below 500Mh.

I have about 70Mh and show just below 1 ETH /Day that is what I have been getting.

Which pool are you at and is that 70mh/s the calculated hashrate at the pool?  According to BChydro's calculator http://karldiab.com/EthereumMiningCalculator 73mh/s = 1 eth so it looks like you're getting paid what it shows.  For comparison, using my numbers at nanopool (their approx calculator), it takes me 85mh/s to get 1 eth.

I have had my miners down to update the software.

Reported Hashrate: 70.4 MH/s
Note: This is the hashrate as reported by your miner to the pool.
Effective Current Hashrate: 72.2 MH/s
Note: The effective current hashrate is calculated according your submitted shares using a 60 minute window. If you start mining on the pool it will take up to 2 hours till the displayed hashrate is accurate. As this value depends on the luck of your miners deviations from your real hashrate are normal.
Effective Average Hashrate (last 24h): 68.1 MH/s
Note: The calculation of this indicator is similar to the effective current hashrate but using a 24 hour window.

Thanks.  So you and dominuspro are both at ethermine.  I wish these pools would show rejects....maybe that's what is going on with dominuspro.

Ethermine shows rejects and there were no rejects for me since using dualminer. As I said my poolside 24h avg was allways over 75Mh but the payments didn't match it.
I just went to ethermine because the first version of the miner didn't support coinotron... Now I switched back. I will see in a few days if there is any difference.

Activity: 711
Merit: 270
Claymore,

the pc bluescreen when close the miner v3.2. is this a bug?

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Is there any working Command line for other Ether clone    Hashimoto ( shift coin , Expance , SoilCoin )

this doesnt work for me
-epool stratum+tcp://shift.suprnova.cc:3000 -ewal billyboy4022.1 -epsw x

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Claymore,

I noticed that while mining on ethpool.org, the hashrates stats are displaying ok, but the submitted share % doesn't appear in full.

Below my 4 rigs, the first 2 seems displaying ok but the last 2 are not displaying at % shares.

Manual check on these last 2 cards, are submitting shares and at least 1 reject after running 2 straight days

All 4 uses standard syntax as per your start.bat sample.

The default -esm of "eth-proxy mode" was selected upon start up, and I didn't use any -esm as per your start.bat sample.

Please advise.
_
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Im have miner crash at any version 3.x
1.x 2.x work fine

Im using win7 x64 with 15.200.1062.1004 drivers

logs https://yadi.sk/d/_riYs8P_rCDDi

what additional info need to debug?

new info

after removing  -cclock  -mclock miner not crash

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
www.cryptocompare.com

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Is anyone here using any of the old Stilt's modified bios for the 7950s or the 280Xs?

Is it worth it?

If the answer is yes, will the mods work only for ETH or for other algos as well (for instance X11)?

Thx  Grin

FOr my GPU didn't make a difference
Activity: 322
Currently I been mining just Ethereum on Coinotron with an 3GB R9 280X and a 4GB R9 380X and mining almost a coin in 24 hours.  How productive is this dual mining of Decred and Ethereum?  Also what pools are you using to mine both are you using a single pool or do you have a pool for one and another pool for the other?  Thanks for the info.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

Is it worth it?

Thx  Grin
Activity: 406
www.cryptocompare.com
Activity: 306
Still getting around 10% rejection on DCR/Suprnova. Don't know if its miner's fault or Suprnova's. Can someone recommend a good DCR pool?

Problem solved as soon as I made the switch to Stratum.

Is the only stratum port for suprnova diff 1 or am i missing something?

Yes, I believe so. All of my workers have diff 1.
Activity: 700
Still getting around 10% rejection on DCR/Suprnova. Don't know if its miner's fault or Suprnova's. Can someone recommend a good DCR pool?

Problem solved as soon as I made the switch to Stratum.

Is the only stratum port for suprnova diff 1 or am i missing something?
Yup. Not missing anything. The only DCR pool I have tried with working vardiff is coinmine.  Diff 1 with stratum works fine tho, just excessive load on the pool servers. Pool.mn says they have vardiff, but it doesn't actually.
Jump to: