Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1382. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 768
Merit: 505
I cannot get it to run since version 2.0 ( same for 3.0 ) ... besides the updated miner everything else is the same even the .bat files i start with which work great with 1.2. When i run it through CMD it prompts the parameters and does nothing at all leaving me with the same blinking console interface as before the start. Win7 64 , Tri-x 290 , 15.12 Crimson

Any clue why it throws me back without showing any error or something with the latest 2 versions? i also tried your own start.bat to fix selfmade typing mistakes ....
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
@Claymore:

What exactly is the effect of the "-etha" option on mixed rigs? I have a mix of 270x, 7870 and 7950. Are these all slow or are the 7950 "fast" for being Tahiti?

Or is it better to leave the miner in the default configuration to autodetect the optimal settings?

I just installed, cleared my dag files. Left everything default.
Miner started in etha -1 for slower cards. (auto is default)
results
asus R9 270X 2 gb 13.327 to 13.308
msi HD 7850  2 gb 12.283 to 12.600

mining at ethermine.org and mining ethereum only

So I'm kind of meh.
New to ethereum mining ( but to gpu mining and tweaks that can be done) in just last few days.
Going to try some different pools and such.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
@Claymore:

What exactly is the effect of the "-etha" option on mixed rigs? I have a mix of 270x, 7870 and 7950. Are these all slow or are the 7950 "fast" for being Tahiti?

Or is it better to leave the miner in the default configuration to autodetect the optimal settings?

If you are in doubts, you can check both "-etha 0" and "-etha 1" on your cards and select the mode with best speed, it will not take a lot of time because you can see speed for every GPU. By default miner tries to select best mode but it can be wrong in some cases (if you have middle cards) because I don't have all possible cards for tests.
donator
Miners developer
As far as I understand, Suprnova does not support Stratum for Ethereum. They mention Stratum on their help page, but all their addresses contain "http".
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
@Claymore:

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Anybody been able to mine ETH at Suprnova with this dual miner? DCR is functioning fine there, but not a single ETH share is reported in my account. The miner says it's stratum connected and submitting shares.. Have not been able to mine EXP at Suprnova.cc too. Any help would be appreciated.

I couldn't get it to work at suprnova as well. but it works great at ethermining.org!!
Activity: 768
Merit: 505
I cannot get it to run since version 2.0 ( same for 3.0 ) ... besides the updated miner everything else is the same even the .bat files i start with which work great with 1.2. When i run it through CMD it prompts the parameters and does nothing at all leaving me with the same blinking console interface as before the start. Win7 64 , Tri-x 290 , 15.12 Crimson
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Anybody been able to mine ETH at Suprnova with this dual miner? DCR is functioning fine there, but not a single ETH share is reported in my account. The miner says it's stratum connected and submitting shares.. Have not been able to mine EXP at Suprnova.cc too. Any help would be appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
v3.0:

- improved Ethereum mining speed by 1-15% (depends on mining mode and card model, slower card - more speed improvement).
- added "-etha" option to select Ethereum algorithm optimized for your cards.
- added "-allcoins" option to support Ethereum forks mining.
- miner checks all Ethereum shares before sending them to the pool. You will be warned if some GPU finds invalid share, usually due to overclocking.
- miner disconnects from the pool if there are not any new jobs for a long time.
- "-tt" option now can set target temperature for every card individually.
- "-tt" option now can set static fan speeds.
- fixed issue with -cclock and -mclock options. However, AMD blocked underclocking for some reason, you can overclock only.
- option "-wd 1" is set by default now.
- option "-ethi" for values less than "4" now sets very low GPU load to avoid any freezes in Windows. The most low GPU load is "-ethi 0".
  Also "-ethi" now can set intensity for every card individually.
  You can also specify negative values, for example, "-ethi -8192", it exactly means "global work size" value that is used in official miner.
- Bug fixes.

Nvidia support?
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
v3.0:

- improved Ethereum mining speed by 1-15% (depends on mining mode and card model, slower card - more speed improvement).
- miner checks all Ethereum shares before sending them to the pool. You will be warned if some GPU finds invalid share, usually due to overclocking.
- miner disconnects from the pool if there are not any new jobs for a long time.
- fixed issue with -cclock and -mclock options. However, AMD blocked underclocking for some reason, you can overclock only.
- option "-ethi" for values less than "4" now sets very low GPU load to avoid any freezes in Windows. The most low GPU load is "-ethi 0".
  You can also specify negative values, for example, "-ethi -8192", it exactly means "global work size" value that is used in official miner.
- Bug fixes.

You are crazy Wink

r9 390 at 1150Mhz(with the profit calc...):

dcri   ETH [Mh]   DCR [Mh]   ETH profit  [$]   DCR profit  [$]   total profit  [$]
30   33.09   496   4.37   0.79   5.16
35   33.04   578   4.36   0.92   5.28
40   32.94   658   4.35   1.05   5.39
42   32.90   690   4.34   1.10   5.44
44   32.87   723   4.34   1.15   5.49
45   32.80   738   4.33   1.17   5.50
50   31.70   790   4.18   1.25   5.44
55   31.27   860   4.13   1.37   5.49
60   30.00   900   3.96   1.43   5.39
70   27.90   980   3.68   1.56   5.24
100   23.00   1150   3.04   1.83   4.86

Activity: 324
Merit: 1
its recomended rebuild DAG files for new miner?
i am using 16.4.1 hf drivers report me a increase of hashrate, some one else have the same results? in compare to 15.2 drivers
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
dcr pool.mn  0.3% rejects
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
 what the meaning of "--farm-recheck 600" again?

Note: I googled it but couldn't find a good answer - any experts out there?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
i have 5% increase in eth!

well done !
U diserve the fee....
thks
legendary
Running!!!  A slight speed increase on the 280x's
donator
Miners developer
v3.0:

- Bug fixes.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

Yeah, i know what i'm talking. 2 month of solo can't lie  Cheesy By the way i just found a block on my 3x970 in solo but of course on ethminer.

I never tried to solo mine ether but the idea of keeping to myself what is now being paid to Dwarf's is very appealing.

What would be the minimum hashpower to solo mine?

Currently I have two 60 MHs rigs and my 13 MHs PC. would that suffice?

Actually it has no minimum hashpower required for any coin it's just a matter of your patience, if it works ok (i mean wallet). That's http://badmofo.github.io/ethereum-mining-calculator/ a good place you can get prediction of finding a block according to your hashpower. I found a block with ~50 mhs for week. It has a minus - you can miss the good pump of ETH while you soloing (Is that right word, is that even exist?) The plus, no fee-rejects-stealbythepools ))
legendary

I am using 15.8 beta. I had some issues with the 15.12 and this version works great.

I have 2 miners going, the one with 2 280x cards is on 15.12, I have a 290x in another PC on 16.150.2211.0 working fine as well.
Activity: 229
Ethereum devs need to fix problem with win7 losing peers on geth before i can even consider solo mining Sad no point soloing when geth drops eventually to 0 peers.

This fixed that problem for me, although I'm on W10

--cache=128 --maxpeers "25"

Give it a shot.

As well as making sure that you're synced with a timeserver. Muchos Importantè :p
Activity: 176
Ethereum devs need to fix problem with win7 losing peers on geth before i can even consider solo mining Sad no point soloing when geth drops eventually to 0 peers.

This fixed that problem for me, although I'm on W10

--cache=128 --maxpeers "25"

Give it a shot.
Jump to: