Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 1385. (Read 6590215 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Why not release a solo ver if 2.0 working well ? Problems with devfee ? Problems with accepted blocks ? I don't get it. Solo is a real decentralization! Don't feed a Troll Pool, feed the dev  Cheesy

Support!
Activity: 274
Merit: 133
Claymore pls, can you make other dual miners aswell?
For example etherium + feathercoin(NeoScrypt) or Qubit,nicehash etc.. so it is possible ?

Thanks for your work  Grin

Ethereum + feathercoin might not be a good idea. Both algorithms use a lot of memory access. qubit might be OK.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Why not release a solo ver if 2.0 working well ? Problems with devfee ? Problems with accepted blocks ? I don't get it. Solo is a real decentralization! Don't feed a Troll Pool, feed the dev  Cheesy
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Claymore pls, can you make other dual miners aswell?
For example etherium + feathercoin(NeoScrypt) or Qubit,nicehash etc.. so it is possible ?

Thanks for your work  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Thought I would get things working with a single HD 7950 2gb. Have two R9 270X 4gb on the way.
When adding :

"GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100"

The miner loads but says none of the cl commands are recognized.
Then the dag file buffer cannot be created and dag file runs out of space.

I've searched and searched. it seems to be connected to a memory limit on the card. One that would be corrected by the commands above.
bTW AMD drivers are 15.12

At this point I'm out of ideas.
Thanks for nay help or opinions.

The bat file must include:

Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Good luck
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Thought I would get things working with a single HD 7950 2gb. Have two R9 270X 4gb on the way.
When adding :

"GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100"

The miner loads but says none of the cl commands are recognized.
Then the dag file buffer cannot be created and dag file runs out of space.

I've searched and searched. it seems to be connected to a memory limit on the card. One that would be corrected by the commands above.
bTW AMD drivers are 15.12

At this point I'm out of ideas.
Thanks for nay help or opinions.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Day worked in the new version. there were no refusals. But the speed of Ether on 15-20% less than in the previous version. Tried different complexity. Did not help. He left the farm to work in the previous version.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Dear Claymore, can u make other dual miners aswell?
Like for example etherium + feathercoin, they are both at the top of mining currency atm for gpu.

Thanks for your work
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Claymore can you please add setting for static fan speed if its not too much trouble Smiley

Ok.
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Claymore can you please add setting for static fan speed if its not too much trouble Smiley
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I have 10% lower sharerate with this miner(-esm 2), than with original standalone qtminer.

I used "-esm 1" and starting dualminer, it flagged it at "qtminer mode"

"-esm 1" is not working on coinmine.pl...

ok i see.... on ethermine.org it works like a champ -- 0% rejects whole day
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
@Claymore, did you manage to take a look in the -cclock and -mclock flags, why they dont work? At least not on 7950 and R9 380..?

Thanks!

In current version -cclock and -mclock don't work if you did not specify "-tt" parameter. I've fixed it already, will be applied in next update. However, AMD disabled underclocking for some reason, so you can overclock only. I remember it worked in Catalyst v13.x but AMD added this stupid limitation in v14.x drivers. Right now I cannot underclock cards even via Crimson control panel, only overclock, you can check it too.

Glad someone else noticed this it was driving me crazy i had to flash 5 280x bios to get 1000/1250 clocks.
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
I have 10% lower sharerate with this miner(-esm 2), than with original standalone qtminer.

"-esm 1" is not working on coinmine.pl...
Activity: 223
@Claymore, did you manage to take a look in the -cclock and -mclock flags, why they dont work? At least not on 7950 and R9 380..?

Thanks!

In current version -cclock and -mclock don't work if you did not specify "-tt" parameter. I've fixed it already, will be applied in next update. However, AMD disabled underclocking for some reason, so you can overclock only. I remember it worked in Catalyst v13.x but AMD added this stupid limitation in v14.x drivers. Right now I cannot underclock cards even via Crimson control panel, only overclock, you can check it too.

Thanks, how does -tt works when it reach the set temp? Does it throttle or increasing the fans?
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
@ Claymore: do you have a timeframe for the next release? How is your work on the older/weaker cards?
donator
Miners developer
I've checked ETH forks - they will be supported in next update.
donator
Miners developer

Thanks!

Activity: 223

Thanks!
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
anyone using Sapphire 280x vapor? im getting only like 19Mh on those aint that to low?

mine is ~20MH ETH and ~300MH DCR

1100 cclock and 1375 mclock

don't forget this on your .bat

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

I didnt forget it, altho i was running it on stock settings that is 1070 cclock and 1550 mclock

or your 280x had elpida RAMS, read about the performance issue with that compared to 280x with hynix RAMS many months ago.

mine is hynix BTW.
that would explain it, i have elpida on them
altho i changed clocks now to 1100/1375 as You suggested and its pulling 20mh now, thanks!

read sometime ago that the hynix and elpida issue is a non-issue for ethereum mining, that would explain the 20mhs on both our cards, i think..
Jump to: