Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 140. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
v14.4 Beta:

- improved mining speed for Nvidia cards by about 1% (depends on card model). Note that dual mining for Nvidia cards suffers from this optimization, use old versions if you use dual mining on Nvidia cards.
- a bit reduced intensity of all Nvidia straps.
- added "-sintensity" option to adjust strap intensity for Nvidia cards, see Readme for details.

кoгдa для Linux бyдeт?
Teмy читaли, вooбщe? Клeймop пиcaл, чтo нe бyдeт дeлaть для Линyкca, пoтoмy чтo oн в нём нe paзбиpaeтcя. Этo я cвoими cлoвaми вкpaтцe.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
v14.4 Beta:

- improved mining speed for Nvidia cards by about 1% (depends on card model). Note that dual mining for Nvidia cards suffers from this optimization, use old versions if you use dual mining on Nvidia cards.
- a bit reduced intensity of all Nvidia straps.
- added "-sintensity" option to adjust strap intensity for Nvidia cards, see Readme for details.

кoгдa для Linux бyдeт?
Activity: 2
Hi, I have 3 pieces of 1070 and 3 pieces of 1080 in my riga. 1070 work well on strap 1 and 1080 on strap 2, I can’t run all cards on version 14 at the same time, if it is not difficult to show the settings where strap 1 and 2 work simultaneously on different maps. The text is translated by Google. thank  Wink

so it was necessary to configure (-strap 1,1,1,2,2,2).
I inadvertently did this, maybe someone will make the same mistake, there is a solution  (-strap 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2). wrong
Activity: 269
Merit: 102
Ok I have an issue that has been driving me nuts for weeks. It all seemed to start when I upgraded my Desktop/Gaming PC from my Intel i7-3770K to a Ryzen 3 board. The cards are 2 X EVGA 1070 TI's in SLI while gaming and disabled while mining. Before I could run them at +750 Mem clock and they worked great for months without issue. Now I can even go back +600 to get any reliable time out of them. I am constantly having to reset the overclocks. When they crash with either of those two errors below I have to go back to Afterburner and set the Mem clock, power target, and fan. I am hoping someone has had a similar issue and resolved it.

GPU 1, GpuMiner kx failed 1
Set global fail flag, failed GPU1
GPU 1 failed
GPU 1, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 77, an illegal memory access was encountered
GPU 1 failed
GPU 0, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 77, an illegal memory access was encountered
GPU 0, GpuMiner kx failed 1
Set global fail flag, failed GPU0
GPU 0 failed
GPU 0 failed

GPU 1, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
1Set global fail flag, failed GPU1
GPU 1 failed
GPU 1 failed
GPU 0, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 0 failed
GPU 0 failed

Do you have enough virtual memory?
32GB of Virtual Memory with 8GB of physical mem
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Tried on rig with rx 580 8G hynix memory... All straps up to 4 gives lower speed than my straps with the max 2250MHz MC. Best variant is 2nd strap on 2250MHz. But it still a bit lower than my strap.
Notices:
1. Often if strap set to 0 for use straps from vbios, miner at start can hang the system. But if didn't use -straps option miner always start fine. In vbios flashed eth straps.
2. Often miner hangs system on close if -straps option used.
3. If I use my manual strap (96 symbols) miner can hang on start, and everytime hang on close. But if these strap flashed to vbios and didn't used -straps option, miner works fine.

So, what about AMD hynix MJR 8Gb memory cards problems? And best -dcri settings depends on straps?
Activity: 729
Merit: 513
Ok I have an issue that has been driving me nuts for weeks. It all seemed to start when I upgraded my Desktop/Gaming PC from my Intel i7-3770K to a Ryzen 3 board. The cards are 2 X EVGA 1070 TI's in SLI while gaming and disabled while mining. Before I could run them at +750 Mem clock and they worked great for months without issue. Now I can even go back +600 to get any reliable time out of them. I am constantly having to reset the overclocks. When they crash with either of those two errors below I have to go back to Afterburner and set the Mem clock, power target, and fan. I am hoping someone has had a similar issue and resolved it.

GPU 1 failed
GPU 1 failed
GPU 0 failed
GPU 0 failed

GPU 1 failed
GPU 1 failed
GPU 0 failed
GPU 0 failed

Do you have enough virtual memory?
I removed the BIOS mod on my RX480, installed AMD drivers 19.4.3 and applied the strap. But I can't get more than 13MH/s out of it. Miner shows it applies the strap just fine but no results. With modified BIOS card runs 30MH/s with blockchain driver. Am I missing something to get back to the 30MH/s without a bios mod?

Be sure to apply compute mode : -y 1

Adding compute mode didn't resolve the issue.

Update: Compute mode did solve it. I failed to run it as administrator and then reboot. Thanks for the tip!

Update 2: Well that solved the 13MH/s problem but the temp is out of control now. I dropped the strap to 4 with 100% fan and it's still heating up to 70C in under 5 mins. Not sure what I might be missing now.
Activity: 145
Merit: 1
I removed the BIOS mod on my RX480, installed AMD drivers 19.4.3 and applied the strap. But I can't get more than 13MH/s out of it. Miner shows it applies the strap just fine but no results. With modified BIOS card runs 30MH/s with blockchain driver. Am I missing something to get back to the 30MH/s without a bios mod?

Be sure to apply compute mode : -y 1
Hi.
Thanks Claymore. I have achieved ~56MH with 1080TI's. Seems stable for now.
I used Strap 4 with Pill and Memory 5700Mhz PL 75%-80%

https://i.imgur.com/rJJiuKF.png

GPU 1 failed
GPU 1 failed
GPU 0 failed
GPU 0 failed

GPU 1 failed
GPU 1 failed
GPU 0 failed
GPU 0 failed
Hi, I have 3 pieces of 1070 and 3 pieces of 1080 in my riga. 1070 work well on strap 1 and 1080 on strap 2, I can’t run all cards on version 14 at the same time, if it is not difficult to show the settings where strap 1 and 2 work simultaneously on different maps. The text is translated by Google. thank  Wink
Activity: 155
Merit: 4
Much more testing needs to be done, but I will share what I got so far
Micron 1060:
675mV, strap 1,100, mem +600 (on cards that can take it) - 300MHs@850w - so about 25MH/s on a good car, while remaining really restricted in power consumption (lower then PL70!!!).

Tomorrow I will try to find some samsung cards.

So let the finding of new ideal values for each memory type begin yet again.

Yes, seriously awesome work - I mean - it was so hard to believe I thought it was just trolling, I think that speaks for itself Smiley
Activity: 26
So I'm playing with it and
 -strap 1 -sintensity 100 gives me less hashrate then  -strap 1 -sintensity 80? Cheesy

Do DDU uninstall driver, delete the driver. Then, download the latest Nvidia driver, reboot win and try again. My score for now is 42.8 MH/s for P104-100 (-strap 4 -sintensity 95)
Great job Claymore, thank you!  Cool
So I'm playing with it and
 -strap 1 -sintensity 100 gives me less hashrate then  -strap 1 -sintensity 80? Cheesy
Activity: 652
Merit: 266
I think nvidia performance gains are just troll
12 1060 micron (no strap) @ 635mV (little bit more efficient then pl 70)
ethminer about 275
14.4 clay about 274-devfee
phoenix about 280-devfee, but it drops connections to the pool after about 26 hours and keeps mining, so totally unusuable
reported hashrates - ie. for phoenix it would be about 272 on pool and for ethminer about 269 on pool

clay "-strap 4 -sintensity 1" I need to do more research, but maybe claymore really can change timings on gddr5 nvidias - that would be very very unique and awesome functionality and I don't know of any other publicly available SW that can do that.
Currently I wonder if miner will come back up after restart and still able to mine Smiley

Update: so I resterted and got ~284MH/s(-devfee) - I guess maybe in time there will be better straps for nvidias (seems like it is actually applying straps for 1060 and such! WOW). And I also suppose it could get better if cards would not run on 635mV - maybe there is more gain if we let cards bit more juice with better straps?

With 700mV i'm getting 305mH/s per rig @ 900w - I will need to calculate if it is better then 280 at 800w.
They aren't troll, he really did something. I noted what could happen though in PM Smiley
I think nvidia performance gains are just troll
12 1060 micron (no strap) @ 635mV (little bit more efficient then pl 70)
ethminer about 275
14.4 clay about 274-devfee
phoenix about 280-devfee, but it drops connections to the pool after about 26 hours and keeps mining, so totally unusuable
reported hashrates - ie. for phoenix it would be about 272 on pool and for ethminer about 269 on pool

clay "-strap 4 -sintensity 1" I need to do more research, but maybe claymore really can change timings on gddr5 nvidias - that would be very very unique and awesome functionality and I don't know of any other publicly available SW that can do that.
Currently I wonder if miner will come back up after restart and still able to mine Smiley

Update: so I resterted and got ~284MH/s(-devfee) - I guess maybe in time there will be better straps for nvidias (seems like it is actually applying straps for 1060 and such! WOW). And I also suppose it could get better if cards would not run on 635mV - maybe there is more gain if we let cards bit more juice with better straps?

With 700mV i'm getting 305mH/s per rig @ 900w - which for my power cost is about the same.

But yes, i believe p106 samsung will do 27.5MHs on full power no problem

Update 2: so from the description on first page it seems strap 2 or 3 should be the most intense, now i'm trying 3 and it does not even start minig, so probably I'm on square one and need to lower memory OC etc.
Strap 2 even crashes whole system - nice.

Very interesting and very nice work!
Activity: 18
Merit: 5
my tests Claymore v14.4
1050 Ti ~ 17.7 strap 5
1060 6Gb ~ 26.5 to 27.6 strap 1 (depends on card)
1070 ~ 33.5 to 34.7 strap 1 (depends on card)
1080 ~ 44.3 strap 2 (without pill)

Any estimate of 1080 ti? I think it should be at about 48 if the basic 1080 is at 44.

I did some quick tests and got 48/49 with 1080TI while Pill gives 52@160W.
1070 arround 34@100W.

I wonder If it will be stable over night.
Are you sure about 34@100W on 1070? I mine Ethereum and one 1070 gives 33.6@110W, another 34.7@114W
Activity: 294
Merit: 53
my tests Claymore v14.4
1050 Ti ~ 17.7 strap 5
1060 6Gb ~ 26.5 to 27.6 strap 1 (depends on card)
1070 ~ 33.5 to 34.7 strap 1 (depends on card)
1080 ~ 44.3 strap 2 (without pill)

Any estimate of 1080 ti? I think it should be at about 48 if the basic 1080 is at 44.

I did some quick tests and got 48/49 with 1080TI while Pill gives 52@160W.
1070 arround 34@100W.

I wonder If it will be stable over night.

That helps. Please don't forget to tell us about the stability of the hashrate and the card overnight if you're running it continuously. Thanks!
Jump to: