Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 191. (Read 6590565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1881
Merit: 3057
All good things to those who wait
https://bitsonline.com/ether-2-eth-block-reward/
Devs agreed on 2 ethers per block reward instead of 3 as it is now. This will happen with the coming fork in October together with a delay of the difficulty bomb by a year. Last November happened something similar, if I recall correctly. Then the reduced time for a block compensated the miners, so we got the same profit at the end. I hope it will be the same situation this October, or else the mining will end for those with expensive electricity.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
Anyone mining here with an old R9 290 ?

Basically it seems with every new DAG, the speed is slowing down more and more.

I remember under stock clocks I would get like 26.5MH/s but now its down to 24.7MH/s with the same stock settings.

I am also using the DAG fix drivers and it fixed the slowdown on the RX GPUs but not on the older R9 GPUs.

Anyone else getting this issue and know of a fix?

Just Mine UBIQ ;-)
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
If you are mining ethereum or its forks with gpus and have a github account you ahould flood this post
by the eth devs and asic shills discussing reducting block reward only, or forking Asics and reducing blook reward.
So far most of the support serms to be for Asics.  They are discussing all this in a meeting tomorrow so leave your imput as gpu miners.

https://github.com/ethereum/pm/issues/55
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Anyone mining here with an old R9 290 ?

Basically it seems with every new DAG, the speed is slowing down more and more.

I remember under stock clocks I would get like 26.5MH/s but now its down to 24.7MH/s with the same stock settings.

I am also using the DAG fix drivers and it fixed the slowdown on the RX GPUs but not on the older R9 GPUs.

Anyone else getting this issue and know of a fix?
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
If you look at Ethereum difficulty chart, you will clearly see that it still is a GPU coin.

Lots of equihash coin miners have switched to Ethereum. Even with that difficulty chart is linear.

90 day difficulty increase of Ethereum is 8.42 % vs Zcash with 83.12 %. That %83.12 is ASIC effect.

That is right. It is still profitable to mine ETH with nVidia cards. although the profit is very small.
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
If you look at Ethereum difficulty chart, you will clearly see that it still is a GPU coin.

Lots of equihash coin miners have switched to Ethereum. Even with that difficulty chart is linear.

90 day difficulty increase of Ethereum is 8.42 % vs Zcash with 83.12 %. That %83.12 is ASIC effect.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Are there people still trying to mine Ethereum with GPUs? ETH is only profitable for ASICs now. We GPU miners would be mining for brake even on a top3 coin which, in a bullrun, can go 4 or 5 times its current price. With 1070s you're basically mining at best for 0,60$ a day hopping to make that 2,40$ if ETH goes over 1000$ ! That is before electricity. Even Claymore hasn't updated his miner for ages.

If you're in need of a good algo which works nice on GPUs and a steady more-than-a-coin project behind it, look into HEX algo (XDNA coin). Already trading at Cryptopia and Crypto-Bridge but it's yet in position 875 based on market cap!

There is no asic for daggerhashimoto algo
What are U talking about?

bitmain brought out an etherium asic miner back in april this year  

That's not an asic.... it's more like a 6 card rig.
An asic should do maybe 1900 Mh/s for a 800 W.

Well the truth is how do we know if Bitmain actually has a "secret" and "private" ETH ASIC but with GDDR5 memory instead of the DDR3 ram they are using with the E3.

If they released this faster ASIC then ETH dev might be forced to fork the algo and it would be useless. So they are just mining privately with it instead of making it public; basically the smart thing to do.

If they're selling these E3 ASICs, it means they've already made something better and they're done using the E3s for themselves. Otherwise how would you explain this outrageous difficulty?
1) I don't think old miners are buying more cards anymore, right now the ROI is close to infinite if you think about power consumption and that new cards and probably new ASICs are around the corner.
2) I don't think many new miners are joining, if people start getting involved with mining they'll differently buy coins with fiat as well. The constant price drops proves we're not getting any significant amount of new investors.
3) Non-hardcore miners should have started to leave after seeing their profitability sink and the difficulty would fall as well. This should offset the few new miners that probably join Ethereum now. But the diff keeps going up and only just now on August it stopped going up and stayed still.

I can't know for sure, but I believe that Bitmain is secretly mining with optimized ASICs at the moment. Let's hope Claymore will be able to optimize the miner for the 20 series of Nvidias if we're to make Ethereum a GPU coin again.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

There is AntMiner E3...

IS NOT AN ASIC the bitmain machine is something like the INNO3D gpu cards without the fans inside the bitmain case cooled down with their powerful vents
that's it

there is no daggerhashimoto asic on the market (for now)
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Are there people still trying to mine Ethereum with GPUs? ETH is only profitable for ASICs now. We GPU miners would be mining for brake even on a top3 coin which, in a bullrun, can go 4 or 5 times its current price. With 1070s you're basically mining at best for 0,60$ a day hopping to make that 2,40$ if ETH goes over 1000$ ! That is before electricity. Even Claymore hasn't updated his miner for ages.

If you're in need of a good algo which works nice on GPUs and a steady more-than-a-coin project behind it, look into HEX algo (XDNA coin). Already trading at Cryptopia and Crypto-Bridge but it's yet in position 875 based on market cap!

Well the truth is how do we know if Bitmain actually has a "secret" and "private" ETH ASIC but with GDDR5 memory instead of the DDR3 ram they are using with the E3.

If they released this faster ASIC then ETH dev might be forced to fork the algo and it would be useless. So they are just mining privately with it instead of making it public; basically the smart thing to do.

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Now that is gold  Grin

i had to look it up too... near the same efficiency im getting with GPUs... but wouldnt you rather have GPUs instead of these screaming loud fans?

Regardless of its hashing power its still ASICs...I do not own ASICs nor I ever will...wish they make some code so they all burn out as far as I am concerned
Activity: 32

Now that is gold  Grin

i had to look it up too... near the same efficiency im getting with GPUs... but wouldnt you rather have GPUs instead of these screaming loud fans?

Now that is gold  Grin
Activity: 729
Merit: 513

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

There is AntMiner E3...
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
is possible to run 2 different pools on one mining rig
ex.: to set 3 cards on one pool and the rest to another pool?

tnx

TNX :-) two CMDs working well, I forgot completely the for "-di" option, but is simple ad that
this is a good way to test your luck on the same coin on 2/3 different pools at the same time

Yes, I use it to test pools difference: half cards one pool-half another!
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

Activity: 154
Merit: 14

tnx

Just run 2 instances, use the di command to split the gpus into 2 .bat files:

-di    GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   You can also turn on/off cards in runtime with "0"..."9" keys and check current statistics with "s" key.
   For systems with more than 10 GPUs: use letters to specify indexes more than 9, for example, "a" means index 10, "b" means index 11, etc; also "a", "b", and "c" keys allow you to turn on/off GPU #10, #11 and #12 in runtime.

Short answer - YES.

In fact you can have each card mining a different coin on a different pool with a different miner, and, AFAIK, Claymore can dual mine on 1 card to 2 different pools.
If you have a 6 card rig and want 3 cards to mine on Pool1 and 3 cards on Pool2 set Claymore something like this below (change configuration to suit your needs).

Note the switch "-di" selects which cards you want to use to mine with.

I did it by running separate instances of Claymore for each group of cards.

See OP "-di  GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2)."

This will set cards 1,2 and 3 to mine Ethereum on Ethermine
Code:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -ewal 0xBlahBlahBlah -epsw x -mode 1 -di 012

This will set cards 4,5 and 6 to mine Ethereum on Nanopool.
Code:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0xBlahBlahBlah -epsw x -mode 1 -di 345

Yes, You can run two instances of Claymore but with different config

use GPU indexes -di option from page 1

"-di    GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   You can also turn on/off cards in runtime with "0"..."9" keys and check current statistics with "s" key.
   For systems with more than 10 GPUs: use letters to specify indexes more than 9, for example, "a" means index 10, "b" means index 11, etc; also "a", "b", and "c" keys allow you to turn on/off GPU #10, #11 and #12 in runtime."

just ensure you are pointing correct gpu's on each instances

TNX :-) two CMDs working well, I forgot completely the for "-di" option, but is simple ad that
this is a good way to test your luck on the same coin on 2/3 different pools at the same time
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community

tnx

Yes, You can run two instances of Claymore but with different config

use GPU indexes -di option from page 1

"-di    GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   For systems with more than 10 GPUs: use letters to specify indexes more than 9, for example, "a" means index 10, "b" means index 11, etc; also "a", "b", and "c" keys allow you to turn on/off GPU #10, #11 and #12 in runtime."

just ensure you are pointing correct gpu's on each instances
Jump to: