Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 209. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Hi guys, I'm using 5 GTX 1060 6GB (ZOTAC AMP!) with the following variables and 16GB of page files.

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

I'm mining with this server from january 2018 and until today I've no problem. During the claymore restart I noticed a strange error:

- CANNOT create dag file error 11 (something similar)

I tried to remove the updated driver and re-install the tested one: 372.54, but at the end I'm using -eres 0

Why is this necessary? I Read this:
-eres   this setting is related to Ethereum mining stability. Every next Ethereum epoch requires a bit more GPU memory, miner can crash during reallocating GPU buffer for new DAG.
   To avoid it, miner reserves a bit larger GPU buffer at startup, so it can process several epochs without buffer reallocation.
   This setting defines how many epochs miner must foresee when it reserves GPU buffer, i.e. how many epochs will be processed without buffer reallocation. Default value is 2.

So can I set to 1? or it's better 0?

Server spec:
- Windows 10 64Bit
- SSD 60GB
- 4GB RAM
- 5x GTX 1060 AMP Edition Zotac 6GB
- Claymore 10

As I said I've no problems until today. (What's -eres 0? Can someone explain this setting?)

EDIT:
This server is used in "Solo Mode" (Ethereum) with ethermine

EDIT2:
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1
GPU #1: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1
GPU #2: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1
GPU #3: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1
GPU #4: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1
ETH: GPU0 24.015 Mh/s, GPU1 24.122 Mh/s, GPU2 24.138 Mh/s, GPU3 24.109 Mh/s, GPU4 24.139 Mh/s  (same result at the moment)

What version did you use? If you used old version maybe that's the problem because I had this problem too, then I upgraded to the new version (not the latest) and the problem was gone. Maybe if you used old to try to change to the new one especially 11.9 has released

I also  got the same  problem  with  2  rigs  of  5   1080  ti   was  claymore  go  good  for  2  months  today  give  the  same   error  message  as  you   memory  dag  ca  not locate, I  try  to  set   baffer  seting   0   1   2   any  n.   will  no  work   
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
btw, I am already using v11.9, i completely disabled Windows defender through the registry and disabled the entire windows firewall. Claymore still does not initialize at all, just closes after a few seconds...

did you add exemptions on your Defender for Claymore app?
Activity: 23
btw, I am already using v11.9, i completely disabled Windows defender through the registry and disabled the entire windows firewall. Claymore still does not initialize at all, just closes after a few seconds...
Activity: 23
I seriously need help as I tried already everything else. My Nvidia cards on ETH solo mine mode on Win10 home crashed for no reason within the last weeks several times with "socket closed remotely by pool".
Sometimes it was off for hours and suddenly started again when I was absent (up to 12 hours and more in between) and I have no clue why did that happen at all when my AMD miner never stopped on the same socket...!?!

However, from yesterday on, I cannot even open the Claymore miner anymore on the NVIDIDA rig to actually initialize. I just stopped the miner in the morning and when I turned on the machine again, I could not get it to start anymore now.
The Claymore miner windows automatically closes after ETH pool 1 ETH pool 0 are defined...something loads in the background (the wheel spins) and the program just closes... no error message, the windows just gets closed.
Though never necessary in the past, I already added the Claymore folders in the exception lists for the firewall as well etc., updated all Nvidida drivers, turned off all antivirus stuff, real time protection etc.. However, it just closes and does not initialize. ANY IDEAS how to solve that problem?

Yesterday, it seems to have made also a Windows10 update, though I am not sure if that is the actual problem....

However, on the same connection my AMD miner on Windows 10pro never stopped running and works without issues all the time.
Activity: 294
Merit: 13
Hi guys, I'm using 5 GTX 1060 6GB (ZOTAC AMP!) with the following variables and 16GB of page files.

GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

I'm mining with this server from january 2018 and until today I've no problem. During the claymore restart I noticed a strange error:

- CANNOT create dag file error 11 (something similar)

I tried to remove the updated driver and re-install the tested one: 372.54, but at the end I'm using -eres 0

Why is this necessary? I Read this:
-eres   this setting is related to Ethereum mining stability. Every next Ethereum epoch requires a bit more GPU memory, miner can crash during reallocating GPU buffer for new DAG.
   To avoid it, miner reserves a bit larger GPU buffer at startup, so it can process several epochs without buffer reallocation.
   This setting defines how many epochs miner must foresee when it reserves GPU buffer, i.e. how many epochs will be processed without buffer reallocation. Default value is 2.

So can I set to 1? or it's better 0?

Server spec:
- Windows 10 64Bit
- SSD 60GB
- 4GB RAM
- 5x GTX 1060 AMP Edition Zotac 6GB
- Claymore 10

As I said I've no problems until today. (What's -eres 0? Can someone explain this setting?)

EDIT:
This server is used in "Solo Mode" (Ethereum) with ethermine

EDIT2:
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1
GPU #1: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1
GPU #2: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1
GPU #3: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1
GPU #4: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6144 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1
ETH: GPU0 24.015 Mh/s, GPU1 24.122 Mh/s, GPU2 24.138 Mh/s, GPU3 24.109 Mh/s, GPU4 24.139 Mh/s  (same result at the moment)

What version did you use? If you used old version maybe that's the problem because I had this problem too, then I upgraded to the new version (not the latest) and the problem was gone. Maybe if you used old to try to change to the new one especially 11.9 has released
Activity: 41
You should be able to rename the folder with the current version in the miner folder on ethOS. Then create a new folder with the same name, add the v11.9 files and run sudo chmod +x on ethdcrminer64 to make it executable.

Done, its working now on 11.9, thanks you for your response.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
You should be able to rename the folder with the current version in the miner folder on ethOS. Then create a new folder with the same name, add the v11.9 files and run sudo chmod +x on ethdcrminer64 to make it executable.
v11.9:
- fixed issue with incorrect shares for Keccak.
are there any minor updates except for Keccak? I mean is there a reason to update solo rigs?

No reasons to update if v11.8 is good for you, the only difference between 11.8 and 11.9 is Keccak fix.

Anyone knows how to update to 11.9 on ethos? I asked on theirs support channel but I only got "it will update in a couple of days", today I asked again and I got "dont do that" from some colaborator, unfortunately since kotarius leave ethos devs team its not the same Sad

Thanks to anyone could help me to update to 11.9, I am a dual miner since day one, thanks claymore for your miner.

just use update-miner claymore should work.

No, because they have not update the version of this miner in theirs repository otherwise yes with update-miner claymore would be enough
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
v11.9:
are there any minor updates except for Keccak? I mean is there a reason to update solo rigs?

No reasons to update if v11.8 is good for you, the only difference between 11.8 and 11.9 is Keccak fix.

Anyone knows how to update to 11.9 on ethos? I asked on theirs support channel but I only got "it will update in a couple of days", today I asked again and I got "dont do that" from some colaborator, unfortunately since kotarius leave ethos devs team its not the same Sad

Thanks to anyone could help me to update to 11.9, I am a dual miner since day one, thanks claymore for your miner.

just use update-miner claymore should work.
v11.9:

Activity: 15
v11.9:

Working fine here.
Thank you!

Can you share what pool are you using for Keccak, im always getting no shares or proxy errors

Sure
I am using us pool
-dpool stratum+tcp://us-mine.smartcash.cc:3256
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
v11.9:

Activity: 168
Merit: 15
v11.9:
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Hi, with older driver where CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: 8.0/8.0 I am able to use -cclock and -mclock settings but with newer driver miner ignore this commands and the only way to owerclock is via afterburner. Can someone tell me why?
Currently using 382.53 driver(whit this everything works as it should), win 10x64 and asus p106-100 cards
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Wondering if anyone is getting issues with the later versions using the same settings are earlier versions.

Basically I had to upgrade due to the DAG 200 bug and with version 11.7 I get freezing sometime within the first hour or so.

With the older version 9.8 I've never experienced this and I am using the same settings mining ETH on solo mode.

Only thing I've noticed is that the newer version is 0.15MHs faster and maybe this stresses the GPU further.

The kernels are different in newest versions.
It was advised that the old overclock/bios mods might be unstable.

"-oldkernels (AMD cards only) specify "-oldkernels 1" to use old-style GPU kernels from v10, they can be more stable for hard OC and custom BIOSes."

Lowering OC works in my case.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Wondering if anyone is getting issues with the later versions using the same settings are earlier versions.

Basically I had to upgrade due to the DAG 200 bug and with version 11.7 I get freezing sometime within the first hour or so.

With the older version 9.8 I've never experienced this and I am using the same settings mining ETH on solo mode.

Only thing I've noticed is that the newer version is 0.15MHs faster and maybe this stresses the GPU further.
Activity: 14
Thanks, Keccak working on smartcash.cc

I take it back, it worked for a while and now no shares found. Cry
Activity: 7
No working 7 cards Nvidia Win7
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
No rejects on Nicehash and Zergpool

Still getting rejects on Zpool and BlockMasters
Activity: 24
v11.9:

It works well now. Thanks a lot.

I've updated and I am still getting rejected shares.  Any idea?
Jump to: