Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 219. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I had to run DDU to remove drivers and install BC drivers to get it work, it was no go for Adrenaline drivers (and AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher).
Activity: 36
I've got 8 x rx580 on 2x750W PSU - 1.1kWh
6 x rx580 on 2x650W PSU - 0.9kWh

I've got GPu hangs everyday (also freeze windows) and read that PSU can fix it.
But is it possible with so much power left in PSUs?
If you GPU overclocked and there is no low voltage mod, I think your PSU overloaded. My overclocked 6x570 farms are running on 2x775W PSUs and it is now about PSU's limit I think.
It happened cuz 750W on PSU label does not give you efficiency of 100%.

Thank you for your reply.
I should also mention that all of them are Platinum so highest efficiency possible.

And usually in both is same card every time.

If they are undervolted and clocked sensible, and you are not dual mining, your PSUs are not the problem. Is 1.1 and 0.9 what you measure at he wall? If you know what GPU it is that hangs, lower its memclock. Have you used Hwinfo to see if any GPUs generate a lot of hardware errors?
A PSU can deliver its rated power and will pull more than that from the wall. You do not have to take the efficiency into account to find out what it can deliver. Running it close to 100% might not be a good idea tho.

Yes, these reading are from wall.
Changing voltage and mmclock doesn't help with this problem. Checked so many times.

Strange. I have 13x 570 (rig draws total 1550w) on 220v. Using 2x evga g2 1600w psu.

What voltage are you using? How you moded it?
You get ~30% lower power consumption, I would love to emulate this.
Activity: 32
made the move today on my win7 rig from claymore v10.1 to v11.8 and robinh00d driver to 18.6.1 drivers. There seems to be no love for new driver on my rx 470s. I'm going to try again after cleaning with DDU. But it should be good right? thx.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
-> open the adrenaline control panel and change the settings from GRAPHICS to COMPUTE mode for EACH AMD CARD that you have. Reboot and recheck if compute mode is still enabled

You can use this tool, making it much easier:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tool-amd-compute-switcher-for-switch-automatically-to-compute-mode-2815803
Activity: 312

Strange. I have 13x 570 (rig draws total 1550w) on 220v. Using 2x evga g2 1600w psu.
Activity: 82
Merit: 3

If you GPU overclocked and there is no low voltage mod, I think your PSU overloaded. My overclocked 6x570 farms are running on 2x775W PSUs and it is now about PSU's limit I think.

I should also mention that all of them are Platinum so highest efficiency possible.

If they are undervolted and clocked sensible, and you are not dual mining, your PSUs are not the problem. Is 1.1 and 0.9 what you measure at he wall? If you know what GPU it is that hangs, lower its memclock. Have you used Hwinfo to see if any GPUs generate a lot of hardware errors?
A PSU can deliver its rated power and will pull more than that from the wall. You do not have to take the efficiency into account to find out what it can deliver. Running it close to 100% might not be a good idea tho.
Activity: 7
All the same, how to run 11.8 on 7 nvidia 1080x6 and 1080Tix1 cards? Version 11.1 works and there is no version above.

Win 7 x 64
Memory 8Gb
Virtual memory 50 Gb
MSI Afterburner 4.5 (Tried versions 3.9, 4.0, 4.1 and so on - did not help)
Drivers 398.11(I tried the driver below - did not help)

What other options are available (except linux and win10) Huh

You must first understand the reason for stopping the cooler. Since the miner was set quite low limit temperature (tt 55), but the graphic card still overheated 85+C means the miner has not worked out the setting for the turnover of the cooler. I recommend using a third-party program to adjust the speed of the cooler. For example, OpenHardwareMonitor. MSI Afterburner not recommend because often he himself crashes.
Activity: 1
Hi,
I have a photovoltaic implant and I would like to run the miner with different voltage/clock depending by time.
I'm using windows 10 and I would like to create a bat file that checks the time and run the miner with different setting.
How is it possible to quit the miner by a timeout?

Thanks,
Marco
Activity: 61

Activity: 135
Merit: 10
I have 3 farms running, I'm out crying 6% maybe it's time for the stigma to make the program under Windows, and not under the command line? such money is rowing and everything is like in Windvos 98
Activity: 55
Merit: 5
Don't use the "blockchain beta" driver. It is already included on the latest AMD adrenaline drivers from amd.com/drivers. Please stop spreading old news!
-> go to amd.com/drivers and download the latest WHQL driver
-> open the adrenaline control panel and change the settings from GRAPHICS to COMPUTE mode for EACH AMD CARD that you have. Reboot and recheck if compute mode is still enabled
You should have more speed than using old blockchain driver that was created for testing purposes. Also it's the only driver that is fully compatible with windows 1803
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
What is everyone getting for stock RX 470?  I been away from mining for a while, and I'm getting around 15Mh/s.  It seems low, but is the decrease due to the DAG file size?

No, you should be getting much more hashrate than that with your RX 470. At the very least, it should be getting you 23 Mh/s to 25 Mh/s. I'd suggest you to:

-reinstall drivers
-make sure that your graphics is not getting overheated and is staying below 88 degrees
-apply a bit of overclocking

BTW, are you using just one graphics card?
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
What is everyone getting for stock RX 470?  I been away from mining for a while, and I'm getting around 15Mh/s.  It seems low, but is the decrease due to the DAG file size?
I am getting 18mh/s for stock rx570 4gb without changing anything, guess it should be the same for rx470.
28-30 mh/s with modded bios + OCed vram and 1100mhz core.

you also need the blockchain driver
the 460-560 does 11-15mh
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
Can this miner run on 2GB of system memory?
I had 3 gb ddr2, but one ram stick stopped working so I'm left with only 2 gb of system memory.
I tried to start miner and I get message: ethdcrminer64.exe has stopped working
I didn't have any problems so far with 3 gb of RAM.

I am running CDE v.11.8 with 2Gb Ram since the version is available, no problems. Just use Linux :-) and forget all this windows crap about pagefile, disabling updates and new drivers with performance issues. No-brainer for Linux noob - HiveOS with Web managment console and free for home mining up to 3 rigs.

I was thinking of using HiveOS but since I got replacement RAM very fast, I didn't.
But I am planning to switch to HiveOS, Win10 is starting to get on my nerves.

my older miners they all 2G mostly even maybe some with less (share memory)   working fine
Activity: 5
What is everyone getting for stock RX 470?  I been away from mining for a while, and I'm getting around 15Mh/s.  It seems low, but is the decrease due to the DAG file size?
I am getting 18mh/s for stock rx570 4gb without changing anything, guess it should be the same for rx470.
28-30 mh/s with modded bios + OCed vram and 1100mhz core.
Activity: 49

Use the latest AMD driver and set it into "compute" mode for each gpu.
 Since the miner was set quite low limit temperature (tt 55), but the graphic card still overheated 85+C means the miner has not worked out the setting for the turnover of the cooler. I recommend using a third-party program to adjust the speed of the cooler. For example, OpenHardwareMonitor. MSI Afterburner not recommend because often he himself crashes.
Jump to: