Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 267. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hello,

I'm having a very strange issue, never came across it before, any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'm mining Ethereum and one day I have noticed that every GPU on my rig slowed down - instead of usual 30mh/s I'm getting only 17mh/s now! I have tried different pools, servers, Claymore versions and even different miners altogether including Phoenix and Ethminer... same effect, I can only get 17mh/s. The weird thing is that other Ethash coins will mine at 30mh/s! So Pirl, Musicoin, Ellaism coin they all mine at 30mh/s, only ETH stuck at 17mh/s. Any suggestions please?

Thanks! 
Activity: 29
Merit: 5
Hey all... I'm getting the "NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)" error... cannot isolate it to one card (all 1060 6GB, but of different makes). Every time I take one suspected card out and put it to a separate instance, the main group still throws this error. I add another to the suspect group and still an error.... and so forth until I can fairly say that no one card is at fault. All but two risers are powered by PCIe, the other two are molex,  but on separate cables. Total power usage of the PSU is no more than 80% at any time. I _think_ I'm doing everything right. I've even tried saving the OCs so that when I quit Afterburner, they still hold. (Thought it might be AB's monitoring that was interfering.)

Here's the thing, though... unlike other people, this error does _not_ cause the miner to restart nor does it cause anything like windows to freeze or restart. Plus this error does not show up in the logs straight away, it typically takes 4-6 hours.

Now I know what some might say... "if it isn't crashing, don't worry." But I can't help but think that if this error is being reported, it's for a reason (a hit on number of shares earned, bad connection somewhere, impending doom ;-) ) ... or there could simply be a bug in the program.

Thanks for any hints as to what might be going on.

potificate

P.S. I am using 11.6 and 391.35 and did not have this issue when running 1050Ti's on the same rig.
Activity: 7
Same problem here!
I tried deferent options on the command in the .bat file, but still crashing

any ideas? something change in the pool, that is making miner crash during the DAG open?
thanks

Hi everyone, my miner has been working fine for several days in a row, until all of a sudden it has started mining at 0.000 MH/s, just after switching from Dev mining fee (which is not actually mined but still appear) to the pool where I am mining.

It was really weird as it kept mining for a good 15 minutes at 0.000 Mh/s without restarting or stopping, and even closing and restarting Claymore's software it was still mining at 0.000 Mh/s, while after restarting the miner itself it has started working normally again.

I have searched but it looks like no one has got this issue? All I could see online was people having one GPU going to 0, but not all 6 GPU and the software still going.

Any idea why this happened?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

My rig is made of 5x XFXrx480 8GB GPUs + 1x rx480Nitro 8GB and the batch file is the standard one, as recommended in Claymore's readme.
Activity: 41
I have a rig with 4 GPU.
Is it possible to activate solo mining ETH only on 1 out of 4?

From first page,

mode   Select mining mode:
   "-mode 0" (default) means dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry mining mode.
   "-mode 1" means Ethereum-only mining mode. You can set this mode for every card individually, for example, "-mode 1-02" will set mode "1" for first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   For systems with more than 10 GPUs: use letters to specify indexes more than 9, for example, "a" means index 10, "b" means index 11, etc.

Thanks!
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
looks like second reset did it B-) thanx for tip
now only 2 of the cards still is at 18mhs,  Huh ill try once more
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Try resetting the GPU's by shutting down the rig and cutting the power to the PSU with the switch on the back. Then press the power on button until the power drains from the system and then turn the rig back on.
oh damn, now 3 cards in my rx570 rig dropped from 31mhs to 18mhs, and when i removed -powlim they still remain on 18-20 mhs even after restart and without -powlim -5
Activity: 599
Merit: 100
PointPay.io
thnx, ill give it a go with ur setting B-)
You can try it, though limiting the GPU power consumption too much will reduce the hash rate and make it less stable. Generally for RX 580's -5-10% power limit with a 850 mV is stable for most cards.
thnx for quick answer, i use -mvddc 875 and cvddc 850 in my bat file, is it worth using, or can i use -powlim?
Hi! anyone that can recommend using -powlim in claymore dual miner? cant find what it does , i have 3 RX 580 rigs, bios modded and use a nice claymore bat file but i dont use -powlim! 

can anyone explain some more than whats in read me text? whats the effect of using it?

thnx
KEN

It's a basic way to limit or increase the maximum power consumption of the card by a percentage of TDP you set. e.g. If the TDP of a card is 150W, -powlim -10 limits the TDP to 135W. For my RX 580's I use -5-15% power limit together with a 850 mV - 900 mV undervolt.
DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
I have a rig with 4 GPU.

From first page,

mode   Select mining mode:
   "-mode 0" (default) means dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry mining mode.
   "-mode 1" means Ethereum-only mining mode. You can set this mode for every card individually, for example, "-mode 1-02" will set mode "1" for first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   For systems with more than 10 GPUs: use letters to specify indexes more than 9, for example, "a" means index 10, "b" means index 11, etc.
Hi! anyone that can recommend using -powlim in claymore dual miner? cant find what it does , i have 3 RX 580 rigs, bios modded and use a nice claymore bat file but i dont use -powlim! 

can anyone explain some more than whats in read me text? whats the effect of using it?

thnx
KEN
Readme.txt:

-colors enables or disables colored text in console. Default value is "1", use "-colors 0" to disable coloring. Use 2...4 values to remove some of colors.
Activity: 112
Stupid question I am sure... Is there a way to change the font color of the miner? Reason is quite simple, I monitor my rig remotely on my tablet and particularly the temp output is almost impossible to see...
Activity: 73
Merit: 3
I have a rig with 4 GPU.

Yes, run Claymore twice.  Once for the single card, then the second instance for the other cards. 
Activity: 45
Hi everyone, my miner has been working fine for several days in a row, until all of a sudden it has started mining at 0.000 MH/s, just after switching from Dev mining fee (which is not actually mined but still appear) to the pool where I am mining.

It was really weird as it kept mining for a good 15 minutes at 0.000 Mh/s without restarting or stopping, and even closing and restarting Claymore's software it was still mining at 0.000 Mh/s, while after restarting the miner itself it has started working normally again.

I have searched but it looks like no one has got this issue? All I could see online was people having one GPU going to 0, but not all 6 GPU and the software still going.

Any idea why this happened?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

My rig is made of 5x XFXrx480 8GB GPUs + 1x rx480Nitro 8GB and the batch file is the standard one, as recommended in Claymore's readme.
Activity: 37
Thx Claymore, how can we run start.bat in admin mode? it try to find it in system32

It's a good idea to move all options to "config.txt" file and start miner directly instead.

@Claymore here is my start.bat:

shutdown /a
shutdown /r /t 129600 /f /c "Reboot from miner."
timeout 10

set ETHPOOL=-epool eu1.ethermine.org:14444 -ewal %ETHWAL%.%COMPUTERNAME% -epsw x
set ETCPOOL=-epool ssl://eu1-etc.ethermine.org:5555 -ewal %ETCWAL%.%COMPUTERNAME% -epsw x
set DCR=-dcri 25 -dpool stratum+tcp://dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal iRrromka.%COMPUTERNAME% -dpsw x
set SYSPARAM=-gser 2 -r 1 -dbg -1 -mport 0 -mvddc 900 -cvddc 875 -tt 73 -ttdcr 78 -ttli 86 -tstop 90

if "%COMPUTERNAME%" == "MINE0" (EthDcrMiner64.exe -minspeed 172 -powlim 50 -cclock 1145 -mclock 1980 %SYSPARAM% %ETCPOOL%)

How can I do like this via config.txt if I have near 10 rigs? I use OneDrive to store miner directory so config.txt will be the same for all of my rigs.

Agreed Smiley
But in this case original question "how can I start .bat file as admin" is related to Windows OS, not to miner, is not it? And it's a good idea to google the answer.

To run miner under Windows in Admin mode it's enough to check "Run in admin mode" in EthDcrMiner64.exe file properties, compatibility tab
Jump to: