Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 302. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hello,
I recently use the claymore at 11.5 under Linux and noticed that over time the number of shares found falls. Claymor, however, reports a permanent hashray. Who else noticed this?
https://clip2net.com/clip/m322528/6d627-clip-37kb.png
Activity: 129
Did anyone notice a big drop of hashrate (or more likely shares) on Nanopool in the last 15-20 days?
It seems like I'm mining half speed.
Maybe it's related to ETH price drop and difficulty?

Yep. Same trouble.

Hmmm, that's too bad.
I guess there is not a lot to do... do you think we will go back to normal speed if ETH price will rise again?
Or it's more a difficulty related issue?
Activity: 198
Merit: 10
I want to ask for the best pool for 1 gpu system (I will add more later). Now I'm in nanopool. Sometimes I notice that the number of shares for a period of 30-50 min is 0! Is it normal. How can I calculate the number of shares per hour tha pool can gives. Thanks.
Activity: 3
Did anyone notice a big drop of hashrate (or more likely shares) on Nanopool in the last 15-20 days?

Yep. Same trouble.
Activity: 129
Activity: 152
Now I'm using 11.4 every thing is good is 12.5 effect hashrate should I move to 12.5
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Hi people,

Can anyobody help me i am going mad.

I have 5 rig with 6 x RX 580 Special Edition. On all five rigs i have a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 1709. Fisrt my problem started when i could make MSI AB work with all 6 cards (it only recognize 3 cards) so i had to switch to Trixx.

I installed Claymore Dual Miner V 11.3, 11.4 and 11.5 and on all machines same problem. I watch them for few hours and everything is working just fine.No memory errors no nothing everything is perfect. Then suddenly overnight or in the morning some of them shutdown randomly(Blue screen). First i thought it was because of overclocking then when i realize it isnt (beacuse i set them to default), i switched to 11.2 because i read here it is the last stable version.

Now i have new problem. Trixx sudennly bugs out randomly on different rigs at a different time, stop working and all my cards stops working too.

I am desperate in need of help. I tried everything dont know what is the problem.

What i did before this:

Install Windows 10 64 bit Home V1709
Install new latest AMD drivers (compute mode)
tried MSI Ab but cant read 6 cards
uninstall all programs i dont need via CC cleaner and Miningtweaks. bat like Cortana, People, Xbox etc.
Set virtaul memory, power plan all other stuff that i was doing on the previous version of Windows 10. The reason i cant go back to old version of Windows is because it keeps updating.

So my question is what should i do to stop shutdowns?
How can i use MSI with new AMD drivers and Windows 1709?
What Claymore should i use?
Why is Trixx suddenly stop to work?

Hope someone gives me a solution.

Thanks

MSI Afterburner won't work with the latest drivers and more than 3 cards. There is no Group Policy Editor in the Home version of Windows 10, so I don't think you can disable Windows Update driver updates. RX 580's don't need the pixel patcher with a modded Bios, only the RX 470/480/570's.

I'm using v11.5 with the latest Adrenaline drivers in Compute mode on a 13 card RX 480/580 rig with ZERO problems or invalid shares and it's very stable. You can also set the overclock/undervolt/fans directly in the Claymore config or .bat file.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32024794

@Vann
You have a stable system with good hashrates and zero problems, but the number of shares per card is very low.

10348 shares / 74.75 h = 138.4 shares per hour
138.4 shares per hour / 13 cards = 10.6 shares per hour per card

Normal for 580/570 is 25+ per hour.

Nanopool uses 10000MH share difficulty and Ethermine uses 4000MH share difficulty. 4000 is 40% of 10000, so 25 shares per hour at diff 4000 = 10 shares per hour at diff 10000.
Activity: 82
Using Claymore V11.5 without the -oldkernels comment
Have 5 x RX580 8GB

Works fine and i can see shares being submitted to the pool but in the log i see the following :

19:24:28:251   330   ETH - Total Speed: 31.537 Mh/s, Total Shares: 0, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:01
19:24:28:254   330   ETH: GPU0 31.537 Mh/s
19:24:29:106   364   ADL: Cannot find any AMD adapters
19:24:32:111   364   ADL: Cannot find any AMD adapters

should i be concerned about it ?
Activity: 140
You have a stable system with good hashrates and zero problems, but the number of shares per card is very low.
You sure you saw those shares per hour for 10000MH difficulty? And not 4500MH or something lower?

Yes, both are correct.

But is not the difficulty the same for everyone at the same pool? Or does it also depend on the power used?

If it is independent then you are in a pool with less difficulty.

Some pools have different ports for different difficulty.  Anorak has 3 different difficulties (2b, 4b and 9b)and stratum/ssl for a total of 6 ports.

You use the lower difficulty ports for smaller rigs so less chance of stales, you use the larger difficulty ports to help ease network congestion.
Activity: 5
You sure you saw those shares per hour for 10000MH difficulty? And not 4500MH or something lower?

Yes, both are correct.

But is not the difficulty the same for everyone at the same pool? Or does it also depend on the power used?

If it is independent then you are in a pool with less difficulty.
Activity: 37
Anyone, how to translate AB  POWER LIMIT 85  to -powlim command string. TIA.
Shares per hour depends on difficulty of the pool. 
Activity: 78
Activity: 5
Hi people,

Can anyobody help me i am going mad.

I have 5 rig with 6 x RX 580 Special Edition. On all five rigs i have a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 1709. Fisrt my problem started when i could make MSI AB work with all 6 cards (it only recognize 3 cards) so i had to switch to Trixx.

I installed Claymore Dual Miner V 11.3, 11.4 and 11.5 and on all machines same problem. I watch them for few hours and everything is working just fine.No memory errors no nothing everything is perfect. Then suddenly overnight or in the morning some of them shutdown randomly(Blue screen). First i thought it was because of overclocking then when i realize it isnt (beacuse i set them to default), i switched to 11.2 because i read here it is the last stable version.

Now i have new problem. Trixx sudennly bugs out randomly on different rigs at a different time, stop working and all my cards stops working too.

I am desperate in need of help. I tried everything dont know what is the problem.

What i did before this:

Install Windows 10 64 bit Home V1709
Install new latest AMD drivers (compute mode)
tried MSI Ab but cant read 6 cards
uninstall all programs i dont need via CC cleaner and Miningtweaks. bat like Cortana, People, Xbox etc.
Set virtaul memory, power plan all other stuff that i was doing on the previous version of Windows 10. The reason i cant go back to old version of Windows is because it keeps updating.

So my question is what should i do to stop shutdowns?
How can i use MSI with new AMD drivers and Windows 1709?
What Claymore should i use?
Why is Trixx suddenly stop to work?

Hope someone gives me a solution.

Thanks

MSI Afterburner won't work with the latest drivers and more than 3 cards. There is no Group Policy Editor in the Home version of Windows 10, so I don't think you can disable Windows Update driver updates. RX 580's don't need the pixel patcher with a modded Bios, only the RX 470/480/570's.

I'm using v11.5 with the latest Adrenaline drivers in Compute mode on a 13 card RX 480/580 rig with ZERO problems or invalid shares and it's very stable. You can also set the overclock/undervolt/fans directly in the Claymore config or .bat file.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32024794

https://image.ibb.co/kJ8yqH/ASRock_13_GPU_Claymore_11_5.png

@Vann

i have 7 AMD and 1 Nvidia
Then I don't understand why you mention that you running latest amd drivers in your first post.
Anyway, do you have any errors with your nvidia card in claymore? Do you have -tt or -fanmin/-fanmax set? If yes, set it only for amd cards (from readme: for NVIDIA cards only temperature monitoring is supported, temperature management is not supported.), if no - more info is needed.
Activity: 298
Merit: 100
Running latest drivers AMD, running latest claymore as of today.

21:11:12:770   26f4   NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)
21:11:12:770   26f4   NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)

getting this issue.

Is there anything i can do other than disabling watchdog?
NVML have nothing to do with amd hardware, it is NVIDIA Management Library. Just set -platform 1 if you are only using amd hardware on that machine.

i have 7 AMD and 1 Nvidia

21:11:12:770   26f4   NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)
21:11:12:770   26f4   NVML: cannot get fan speed, error 999 (an internal driver error occurred)

getting this issue.

NVML have nothing to do with amd hardware, it is NVIDIA Management Library. Just set -platform 1 if you are only using amd hardware on that machine.
Activity: 298
Merit: 100

getting this issue.

Try this setting:

-gser   this setting can improve stability on multi-GPU systems if miner hangs during startup. It serializes GPUs initalization routines. Use "-gser 1" to serailize some of routines and "-gser 2" to serialize all routines.
   Using values higher than 2 allows you also to set custom delay between DAG generation on GPUs, for example, "-gser 5" means same as "-gser 2" and also adds 3sec delay between DAG generation (can be useful for buggy drivers and/or weak PSU).
   Default value is "0" (no serialization, fast initialization).

edit. and this:

-lidag   low intensity mode for DAG generation, it can help with OC or weak PSU. Supported values are 0, 1, 2, 3, more value means lower intensity. Example: "-lidag 1".
   You can also specify values for every card, for example "-lidag 1,0,3". Default value is "0" (no low intensity for DAG generation).
Activity: 170
Merit: 6
I'm having a problem with a crash or lockup when starting.  I've tried 11.3, 11.4 and 11.5.  All exhibit the same issue.

Claymore runs great when I don't set any GPU parameters in the config file.  However, as soon as I add any clock or voltage adjustments to the GPUs, one of 3 things happens when I start the software:
1. BSOD with Thread Stuck in Device Driver error
2. System just locks up (no mouse movement or num lock), requiring a hard power cycle
3. It starts properly but eventually exhibits failure 1 or 2 after an hour or two.

When I say the problem happens with any GPU parameters, I've tested this by using all stock settings (the same that the GPUs default to when I don't set anything in the config), but I still have the problem.  So, the problem is not settings outside of a stable operating range.

The crashes usually occur after "POOL/SOLO Version", but not all the time.

I checked the logs but nothing stands out.  The logs look normal then just stop when the crash happens. 

I'm running a rig with 3xRX570 and 3xRX580 using the blockchain driver on Win10.

I've tried running -oldkernels 1, but that actually made it worse.  I couldn't start mining at all.  I always get OpenCL errors, even with no clock or voltage adjustments.

I tried -gser1 and -gser 2, but neither of those helped.

Is there something else I should be looking at?
 - Dave

Check that your power supply is up to the job, a lot of crashing problems can easily put down to an underrated PSU. Use a power meter to check what you are taking at-the-wall and make sure you have some power to spare to account for losses in the PSU itself, and any spikes on start-up.

The PSU is a good start as he mentioned.
If you have more than 1 GPU try enabling only 1 GPU and test.
Then add them one by one until the issue happens.
You might find out there is a limit and that would most likely indicate a power problem.
Good luck

Jump to: