Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 303. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 261
I'm having a problem with a crash or lockup when starting.  I've tried 11.3, 11.4 and 11.5.  All exhibit the same issue.

Claymore runs great when I don't set any GPU parameters in the config file.  However, as soon as I add any clock or voltage adjustments to the GPUs, one of 3 things happens when I start the software:
1. BSOD with Thread Stuck in Device Driver error
2. System just locks up (no mouse movement or num lock), requiring a hard power cycle
3. It starts properly but eventually exhibits failure 1 or 2 after an hour or two.

When I say the problem happens with any GPU parameters, I've tested this by using all stock settings (the same that the GPUs default to when I don't set anything in the config), but I still have the problem.  So, the problem is not settings outside of a stable operating range.

The crashes usually occur after "POOL/SOLO Version", but not all the time.

I checked the logs but nothing stands out.  The logs look normal then just stop when the crash happens. 

I'm running a rig with 3xRX570 and 3xRX580 using the blockchain driver on Win10.

I've tried running -oldkernels 1, but that actually made it worse.  I couldn't start mining at all.  I always get OpenCL errors, even with no clock or voltage adjustments.

I tried -gser1 and -gser 2, but neither of those helped.

Is there something else I should be looking at?
 - Dave

Check that your power supply is up to the job, a lot of crashing problems can easily put down to an underrated PSU. Use a power meter to check what you are taking at-the-wall and make sure you have some power to spare to account for losses in the PSU itself, and any spikes on start-up.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Win 7
Asus z270-a
4 Gb DDR 4

Hello! I can not run v11.5 with 7 cards. When i launch Claymore i see that within 5 - 10 secs miner stops with message "Eth64 stopped working". It works with 6 cards only.

I can run EWBF with 7 cards though. So this is not hardware problem, i think.

Could you help me, please?
Activity: 78
There is no Group Policy Editor in the Home version of Windows 10, so I don't think you can disable Windows Update driver updates.
You still can use registry to do same thing even on home version (only condition being you using build 14328 or higher).
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings]
"ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate"=dword:00000001
Activity: 82
@claymore
What do these error codes mean...I could guess two of them

22:09:05:801   1c54 Quit, please wait... GPU Hang
10:33:38:863   990     Quit, please wait...Restarted computer
08:55:15:956   a70     Quit, please wait...
15:47:30:409   15e4 Quit, please wait...
Activity: 9
Claymore - Would it be possible to have the logs go into a subfolder in the next version?

+1 yes that's a really good idea
-1. It is good as it is. If you want subfolder or unique filenames, use a script. The man has put enough options to control the log file already.

why should i use a script, when it would be a few keystrokes for claymore. if i'm paying for the use of a program via a devfee, (barely a) feature request is not unreasonable. it would make sense rather than having the main program folder fill up with logs on win 10.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
There is no reason to give an app your EthMan password, as it's a security risk. You can monitor EthMan from any browser with your rigs IP address if you forward the EthMan port to the rig in your router. Make sure EthMan is setup for read only access or anyone with your IP address and port will be able to change the settings.  A better and more secure way is use a RDP app like TeamViewer for remote access to your rig or setup a VPN server on your rig so you can connect to your local LAN from an encrypted connection.
Activity: 1
hi dear
is there any official ethman android version?
there is an app written by SIRIUS([email protected])
the name of app is Claymore's miner monitor and my question is ,is that safe to use?
the app takes the port and password of miner so i was thinking it must be dangerous to share port and password with some one who i dont know ...
ok...
if the author or some body can help,i would be appreciated
best regards,
peiman
Activity: 36
The pixel patcher bypasses the driver Bios signature check. With a modded Bios the signature is invalid and causes Windows not to be able to load the driver for the card (code 43). AFAIK a RX 580 with a modded Bios has never needed the pixel patcher to bypass the Bios signature check. If OverDriveNtool wasn't working it may be because the drivers changed something in the API, which has nothing to do with the pixel patcher.

The same thing happened when AMD switched from the Crimson Relive to the Adrenaline drivers, which caused the Claymore overclocking parameters to stop working until he updated the miner in v10.3 so they were compatible with the Adrenaline drivers.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.27476189

Try this if OverdriveNtool won`t work. It helps to me.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/overdriventool-tool-for-amd-gpus.416116/page-13
Activity: 40
nvidia 1060 3gb stopped mining Ethereum
DAG files problem
Windows 10
The pixel patcher bypasses the driver Bios signature check. With a modded Bios the signature is invalid and causes Windows not to be able to load the driver for the card (code 43). AFAIK a RX 580 with a modded Bios has never needed the pixel patcher to bypass the Bios signature check. If OverDriveNtool wasn't working it may be because the drivers changed something in the API, which has nothing to do with the pixel patcher.

The same thing happened when AMD switched from the Crimson Relive to the Adrenaline drivers, which caused the Claymore overclocking parameters to stop working until he updated the miner in v10.3 so they were compatible with the Adrenaline drivers.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.27476189
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
I wasn't getting 43 without the patch just overdriventool wouldn't work.
No. These are the only parameters I use for the Claymorte config.

Thanks.  So it's possible some of the issues are more related to dual mining?  I haven't tested single mining.

BTW new optional drivers came out yesterday (18.3.3) and they did seem to need pixel clock patcher even with RX580s.  OverdrivenTool wouldn't work without the patch. Or maybe user error? That's always possible.

I just updated another RX 570/580 rig to the 18.3.3 drivers. Without the pixel patcher only the RX 570's showed up with the code 43 error in Device Manager. There was no change for me dual mining between v11.3 and v11.5, which was also very stable.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31997079

No. These are the only parameters I use for the Claymorte config.

Thanks.  So it's possible some of the issues are more related to dual mining?  I haven't tested single mining.

BTW new optional drivers came out yesterday (18.3.3) and they did seem to need pixel clock patcher even with RX580s.  OverdrivenTool wouldn't work without the patch. Or maybe user error? That's always possible.
Are you running oldkernels? single mining?

No. These are the only parameters I use for the Claymore config. Dual mining was also very stable with only a small amount of invalid shares. 1-2 per 1000 shares max.

Code:
-platform 1
-mode 1
-gser 0
-etha 0
-ethi 8
-ftime 3
-r 0
-cclock 1200,1150,1200,1200,1200,1200,1200,1200,1200,1200,1200,1200,1200
-mclock 2050,2050,2050,2200,2100,2100,2100,2220,2220,2220,2100,2220,2050
-powlim -10,-5,-10,-15,-10,-15,-10,-10,-5,-10,-10,-10,-10
-cvddc 950,950,950,850,900,850,850,900,900,900,850,900,900
-mvddc 950,950,950,850,900,850,850,900,900,900,850,900,900
-tstop 75
Merit me or don't.
Anyone else seen a progressive amount of stale shares in the last hour or so?

One of my rigs has hit 16% stale shares in the last hours.

Nothing has changed in my rig so I can assume maybe it has something to do with Ethermine perhaps?

Are you running oldkernels? single mining?
Hi people,

Can anyobody help me i am going mad.

I have 5 rig with 6 x RX 580 Special Edition. On all five rigs i have a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 1709. Fisrt my problem started when i could make MSI AB work with all 6 cards (it only recognize 3 cards) so i had to switch to Trixx.

I installed Claymore Dual Miner V 11.3, 11.4 and 11.5 and on all machines same problem. I watch them for few hours and everything is working just fine.No memory errors no nothing everything is perfect. Then suddenly overnight or in the morning some of them shutdown randomly(Blue screen). First i thought it was because of overclocking then when i realize it isnt (beacuse i set them to default), i switched to 11.2 because i read here it is the last stable version.

Now i have new problem. Trixx sudennly bugs out randomly on different rigs at a different time, stop working and all my cards stops working too.

I am desperate in need of help. I tried everything dont know what is the problem.

What i did before this:

Install Windows 10 64 bit Home V1709
Install new latest AMD drivers (compute mode)
tried MSI Ab but cant read 6 cards
uninstall all programs i dont need via CC cleaner and Miningtweaks. bat like Cortana, People, Xbox etc.
Set virtaul memory, power plan all other stuff that i was doing on the previous version of Windows 10. The reason i cant go back to old version of Windows is because it keeps updating.

So my question is what should i do to stop shutdowns?
How can i use MSI with new AMD drivers and Windows 1709?
What Claymore should i use?
Why is Trixx suddenly stop to work?

Hope someone gives me a solution.

Thanks

MSI Afterburner won't work with the latest drivers and more than 3 cards. There is no Group Policy Editor in the Home version of Windows 10, so I don't think you can disable Windows Update driver updates. RX 580's don't need the pixel patcher with a modded Bios, only the RX 470/480/570's.

I'm using v11.5 with the latest Adrenaline drivers in Compute mode on a 13 card RX 480/580 rig with ZERO problems or invalid shares and it's very stable. You can also set the overclock/undervolt/fans directly in the Claymore config or .bat file.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32024794

Update on my test:

Everything is good except for one small issue.  I am getting 1.5% incorrect shares.  But then I realized I had HWinfo open all night!  This is a tripling of incorrect over v11.0 or v11.5 with oldkernels.  I closed HWinfo and bumped up voltage 5 mv and will retest.  But it seems perfectly stable.  I set it to restart Claymore at below 62 mhs which is very aggressive and it ran all night long.

What you mean by "Disabled all power states in the video card BIOS except the top"? Can you share some picture?

http://www.overclock.net/forum/26417747-post3402.html

See point #2

If you click on P0 to P6 it will turn grey and be disabled.  Now your card will only run in the highest power state.   But beware this increases idle power consumption ten fold!  Do the same for memory.

Does it actually do anything? I don't know.
So my question is what should i do to stop shutdowns?
Try:

- Disabling quickedit mode for console
- using -oldkernels 1
- using v11.0
- Do NOT run GPUZ or HWinfo while mining

How can i use MSI with new AMD drivers and Windows 1709?

- The newest drivers work fine you need to run pixel clock patcher
- Make sure the drivers are minimal install and you do custom install, unclick everything except the drivers

What Claymore should i use?

Single mining 10.6
Dual mining 11.0 (might fluctuate), 11.5, or 11.5 with -oldkernels 1

All are stable on my BIOS modded rx580s but each has different results

Why is Trixx suddenly stop to work?

Use OverdrivenTool instead.  Far better solution

Hope someone gives me a solution.

Thanks

We hope so too!  Report back on testing.  Many are having problems with rx580s.
Activity: 21
Windows Update could have modified the drivers. Do a DDU in safe mode, reinstall the latest Adrenaline drivers. If you have RX 470/480/570's with a modded Bios, run the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check. You also need to toggle to Compute mode from Graphics mode in AMD settings.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-024.aspx

To keep Windows Update from modifying your drivers, disable drivers updates in the Group Policy Editor.

Windows key+R ==> Type gpedit and hit Enter ==> Navigate to: Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.

I've disabled Windows Update and driver updates. No update should have been applied during Windows restart.

Anyone else facing this issue? Huh
Jump to: