Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 304. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
I'm using -cclock and -mclock for my AMD Miner. It was working well for v11.5 until I decided to restart my Windows.

After Windows restart, the Miner is hashing at a slower rate. When I opened Trixx, it's showing the default core clock and mem clock, not the ones in my .bat files.

I did not perform any updates. Does anyone has any idea how to resolve this?

Windows Update could have modified the drivers. Do a DDU in safe mode to remove the current driver, reinstall the latest Adrenaline drivers. If you have RX 470/480/570's with a modded Bios, run the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check. You also need to toggle to Compute mode from Graphics mode in AMD settings.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/DH-024.aspx

To keep Windows Update from modifying your drivers, disable drivers updates in the Group Policy Editor.

Windows key+R ==> Type gpedit and hit Enter ==> Navigate to: Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
After installing the latest AMD drivers you need to run pixel clock patcher for any cards that are BIOS modded
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I'm using -cclock and -mclock for my AMD Miner. It was working well for v11.5 until I decided to restart my Windows.

After Windows restart, the Miner is hashing at a slower rate. When I opened Trixx, it's showing the default core clock and mem clock, not the ones in my .bat files.

I did not perform any updates. Does anyone has any idea how to resolve this?
Activity: 72
driver 9.14.10.01293, Crimson Beta for the GPUs
4.4.0 Beta for AF
Claymore 11.5
Remember the patch for the drivers
 Get some 31.4 for eth and 1700 for verge

Got a few Nitros 580 8 gb

Thanks for the answer but i alreadu tried that. For some strange reasong those drivers wont work for me because i can only get 22Mhs. Once i move to new drivers and set Compute mode they jump to 28 MHS. It is like its not working with none of my rigs. Am i doing something wrong? Bios moded, patched, everything by the book

You must be doing something wrong

the patch needs to be aplied before retarting for new drivers

mines have Hynix memory, they have been working for some time now

Usualy when it goes down to 22 means Windows updated and in the process updated the GPU driver

As far as Defender goes an exclusión for the foldres work
Activity: 7
Hi, @Claymore! Since 11.2 Windows miner began to crash with no reason. First I thought it's becuase of new kernels, but 11.5 with -oldkerneks 1 does it also. It's very rare, maybe once a week - once a month on different rigs, but it appeared in 11.2. Screen shows standard error window about "application will be closed", Application event log has a record Application Error, code 1000. I'm catching this using scheduler and starting bat again, but I guess some bug came into 11.2...

Mine is also crashing on Linux after about 70 hours, did not crash before 11.4
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
Hi people,

Can anyobody help me i am going mad.

I have 5 rig with 6 x RX 580 Special Edition. On all five rigs i have a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 1709. Fisrt my problem started when i could make MSI AB work with all 6 cards (it only recognize 3 cards) so i had to switch to Trixx.

I installed Claymore Dual Miner V 11.3, 11.4 and 11.5 and on all machines same problem. I watch them for few hours and everything is working just fine.No memory errors no nothing everything is perfect. Then suddenly overnight or in the morning some of them shutdown randomly(Blue screen). First i thought it was because of overclocking then when i realize it isnt (beacuse i set them to default), i switched to 11.2 because i read here it is the last stable version.

Now i have new problem. Trixx sudennly bugs out randomly on different rigs at a different time, stop working and all my cards stops working too.

I am desperate in need of help. I tried everything dont know what is the problem.

What i did before this:

Install Windows 10 64 bit Home V1709
Install new latest AMD drivers (compute mode)
tried MSI Ab but cant read 6 cards
uninstall all programs i dont need via CC cleaner and Miningtweaks. bat like Cortana, People, Xbox etc.
Set virtaul memory, power plan all other stuff that i was doing on the previous version of Windows 10. The reason i cant go back to old version of Windows is because it keeps updating.

So my question is what should i do to stop shutdowns?
How can i use MSI with new AMD drivers and Windows 1709?
What Claymore should i use?
Why is Trixx suddenly stop to work?

Hope someone gives me a solution.

Thanks

Me also experience similar issue after windows update,

What i do:
Uninstall AMD software via control panel
Uninstall (and delete gpu driver) via device manager
Restart
Reinstall newest AMD driver -> switch to compute mode
Install Trixx (since Afterburner seems not compatible after this update)
Restart
All good Smiley
Activity: 8

Thanks everybody for help,

I will sure try this tool but as i am in business of selling complete rigs customers i sell to are used to simple solutions (few clicks and mining starts).

I am afraid if i start to use this tool which i am sure i will learn how to use, i wont be able to give them support as i do that as a part of my service.Everybody i sell to are used to MSI because mostly those are the people that dont know so much about computers but wants to mine.

About MSI AB i use latest version with latest AMD drivers.

About that windows update i disabled it (first thing i do), i also disabled everything in Task Scheduler which is connected to Windows Update.

What i notices about Trixx is that before he shuts down it seem like something is happening in windows that is causing this shutdowns. Like some programs are opening by themselfs.

Any other soultion guys?

overdrivenNTool is easy to use, it might not have a fancy UI but it gets the job done.

You just have to run it once before the miner starts to set the clock and voltages, like I mentioned in my previous reply.

Trixx and Afterburner run in the background all the time, and that might be the reason of your rig crashing.

Eliminating those programs will increase stability.

Try it out, if the problem persists, let us know Wink

I am guessing thay cause this problems but on Windows 10 old version eveything was fine. The strangest thing is that i have one rig that was updated by force on Windows 10 1709 and still have Windows Update assistant, I literally didnt change anything and it is working fine for 2 months. Problem began when i started to install fresh version of Windows on my rigs. I read somewhere that if I use miningtweaks. bat for removing Windows Apps (Cortana, Xbox,Mail, People...), Windows UI starts messing up (Windows Defender pop up, Control  Panel Pop Up) but as i watch and monitor rigs i cant seem to catch that moment. Only when i sleep it happens. What an irony i cant sleep at night Smiley))
I've got another solution for you:

1) Overdrive
2) -r 300 at the end of your bat. It will restart each 4 hours

worked for me

So if i am getting things right?

1. Overdrive - by this you mean overdrivetoll?
2. If i use this it will reset whole miner (close and start again) or it will just reload like when i press R while i am in miner

Sorry if i am boring but i just cant seem to find solution. I will try overdriven tool for sure but i hope MSI AB update their program because all the rigs a sold already months ago was with MSI AB and everything was working just fine. I guess you know how it is when you get used to something it is hard to change especcialy when it comes to computers.

Anyway thank you very much for the time and the advice
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
Hi, @Claymore! Since 11.2 Windows miner began to crash with no reason. First I thought it's becuase of new kernels, but 11.5 with -oldkerneks 1 does it also. It's very rare, maybe once a week - once a month on different rigs, but it appeared in 11.2. Screen shows standard error window about "application will be closed", Application event log has a record Application Error, code 1000. I'm catching this using scheduler and starting bat again, but I guess some bug came into 11.2...
Activity: 2

I will sure try this tool but as i am in business of selling complete rigs customers i sell to are used to simple solutions (few clicks and mining starts).

I am afraid if i start to use this tool which i am sure i will learn how to use, i wont be able to give them support as i do that as a part of my service.Everybody i sell to are used to MSI because mostly those are the people that dont know so much about computers but wants to mine.

About that windows update i disabled it (first thing i do), i also disabled everything in Task Scheduler which is connected to Windows Update.

What i notices about Trixx is that before he shuts down it seem like something is happening in windows that is causing this shutdowns. Like some programs are opening by themselfs.

Any other soultion guys?

overdrivenNTool is easy to use, it might not have a fancy UI but it gets the job done.

You just have to run it once before the miner starts to set the clock and voltages, like I mentioned in my previous reply.

Trixx and Afterburner run in the background all the time, and that might be the reason of your rig crashing.

Eliminating those programs will increase stability.

Try it out, if the problem persists, let us know Wink
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
I've got another solution for you:

1) Overdrive
2) -r 300 at the end of your bat. It will restart each 4 hours

worked for me
Activity: 30
Hello,

for whose with 1060 3G that doesn't work, what drivers do you use? Are you dual mining?

most of my rigs are in 382.53 and one is on 388.00 I think, all on cuda 8.0,  and I have no problem in ETH only.

If you use Linux you will be fine irrespective of divers
Activity: 13
Does anyone has Claymore start batch with OC settings with each card? I need sample to apply for my rig. RX 580 hynix/samsung. Thank you for your time
Hi people,

I have 5 rig with 6 x RX 580 Special Edition. On all five rigs i have a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 1709. Fisrt my problem started when i could make MSI AB work with all 6 cards (it only recognize 3 cards) so i had to switch to Trixx.

I installed Claymore Dual Miner V 11.3, 11.4 and 11.5 and on all machines same problem. I watch them for few hours and everything is working just fine.No memory errors no nothing everything is perfect. Then suddenly overnight or in the morning some of them shutdown randomly(Blue screen). First i thought it was because of overclocking then when i realize it isnt (beacuse i set them to default), i switched to 11.2 because i read here it is the last stable version.

Now i have new problem. Trixx sudennly bugs out randomly on different rigs at a different time, stop working and all my cards stops working too.

I am desperate in need of help. I tried everything dont know what is the problem.

What i did before this:

uninstall all programs i dont need via CC cleaner and Miningtweaks. bat like Cortana, People, Xbox etc.
Set virtaul memory, power plan all other stuff that i was doing on the previous version of Windows 10. The reason i cant go back to old version of Windows is because it keeps updating.

Thanks

msi AB actually supports 8 cards.  Are you using the latest version?  However, I use overdrivenNTool for overclocking. 
The software custom fan control on AB is better so I use AB only for that.

You can actually disable the Windows update by disabling the update service itself
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-in-windows-10

Any claymore version should work imo.

Any other soultion guys?

Activity: 729
Merit: 114
Hi people,

What i did before this:

Thanks

msi AB actually supports 8 cards.  Are you using the latest version?  However, I use overdrivenNTool for overclocking. 
The software custom fan control on AB is better so I use AB only for that.

You can actually disable the Windows update by disabling the update service itself
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-in-windows-10

Any claymore version should work imo.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Hi people,

What i did before this:

Thanks

use overdriven tool with per card profiles in a single bat file called from task scheduler on logon (+ use Sysinternals autologon )
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/overdriventool-tool-for-amd-gpus.416116/
Activity: 2
Hi people,

What i did before this:

Thanks

Since I had bad experiences with Trixx and Afterburner, I would advise you to use OverdriveNTool instead.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/overdriventool-tool-for-amd-gpus.416116/

Extract the program in the folder with your miner.

Set up your profile for each card and add this line of code at the top of your Start.bat file, so the overclock will be applied before starting the miner.

Something like :
Code:
OverdriveNTool.exe -consoleonly -p00"Profile0" -p01"Profile1" -p02"Profile2" -p03"Profile3" -p04"Profile4" -p05"Profile5"

Or use the same profile for multiple GPUs, however you like.

Good luck  Wink
4.4.0 Beta for AF
Claymore 11.5

Thanks for the answer but i alreadu tried that. For some strange reasong those drivers wont work for me because i can only get 22Mhs. Once i move to new drivers and set Compute mode they jump to 28 MHS. It is like its not working with none of my rigs. Am i doing something wrong? Bios moded, patched, everything by the book
Activity: 72
4.4.0 Beta for AF
Claymore 11.5

Hi people,

What i did before this:

Thanks
Jump to: