Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 299. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0
Is it just me or NLpool is not working?
Activity: 6
v11.1 is much stable than v11.0 which i found more stable than v11.5

So I suggest v11.1 for those who experience a lot of instability.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Has anyone experienced hashrate drop in what seems to be a quite consistent matter?
I'm not talking about my rock solid RX570 rigs, they've been absolute beasts for a year now. But I'm struggling with the Vega rig.

All GPUs will hash at ~41MH/s until one decides to drop to 26 for a minute. Then goes back up to 41. This happens regularly.

Surely if it were temp throttling (which seems unlikely as I have the fans running at pretty much 100%) the hashrate reduction would be more gradual... and not bam!... down to 26?

Any clues? I'm on v11.4, latest Adrenalin, Vega56@64, safe softPP table with specific clocks and voltages set in Claymore miner.

Got the same issue but with my rx580 rig, all 7 cards running stable at 31 mh/s. From time to time gpu0 suddenly crashes to a rate around 5-10 mh/s and after a few minutes hits back to 31. There are no error logs showing up, also no incorrect shares and temps are fine. Card has also the same setup as other cards (no oc), kinda strange since it just appeared lately, running currently v 11.5

same issue here
are you using stock rom  with no oc?
In addition to the above, Mr Claymore, your miner reboots my rig every hour. Almost without fail. There's no error in the log, no watchdog issue with GPUs OpenCL issues, nothing. I'm baffled.

1. Unstable speed - I see this issue sometimes on different cards, but I have no idea about the reason - miner executes jobs on GPUs in the same way all the time, but sometimes GPU becomes slower for some time. I noticed that often different "-ethi" value helps, try "-ethi 4" or "-ethi 12" and see if it helps. I think that it must be something related to AMD drivers but I cannot confirm it yet.
2. I have a few rigs on v11.5 and they are working for days until I restart miner to perform some new tests, but I always use non-overclocked cards and default bioses, I have to do it to exclude everything except miner in case of any problems. When you use miner on overclocked/unstable rig you cannot be sure that the reason of the problems is the miner, but of course you will blame it Wink Try to reduce "-ethi" value, if it does not help you can use the version that works fine for you.
Of course we blame the miner! Cheesy
Ok I'll try to spend some time troubleshooting and investigating the hash drop. This isn't my first rig using your miner, as said, I've got plenty of RX 570's that have been chugging along (once for over two months without restarting) so I do know a thing or two about stability.

However, I think the hourly restarts I'm getting with the Vega rig are completely unrelated. That's just too coincidental. Very weird. As said, no error, the log just stops in the middle of what it was doing.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Hi all,

Does anyone knows how to reduce stale shares? Currently I have 10-15% stale shares mining ETH but no invalid shares.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

What pool?  The faster the pool solves blocks the more likely you will have stales.  Also if the pool difficulty is set too high that will cause stales.  But too low causes a lot of traffic.  Also remember the higher the difficulty the more you are losing on stales because larger shares are worth more.

I'm on anorak which has 3 different levels of difficulty.

I am on Ethermine and solo mine ETH. Should I try other pools?

Yes come try anorak.
Activity: 22
Anyone having issues with Miner restart or freeze on DEV FEE with load of the DAG?

tried a few things, whats everyone using in their config for AMD RX cards

I haven't got a crash or miner restart yet from the DAG on DEV FEE running the below config
I tried a couple different options on ETH mining mode only to start, just for troubleshooting.

weird thing is I haven't seen the DEV FEE, dev mining start show up on screen yet.. not sure if thats in the backgroudn from the options im rumming in config now but anyone have some feedback let me know.

you will see the lines with # that i have turned OFF for now as i was trying different things.... -allpools 1 -allcoins -1 -allcoins 1  would always cause miner restart after DAG on DEV FEE...

-epool stratum+tcp://lb.geo.pirlpool.eu:8002
-ewal MYWalletAddress
-epsw x
-eworker RX-Miner
#-allpools 1
-allcoins etc
#-allcoins exp
#-allcoins -1
#-dpool stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252
#-dwal
#-dpsw x
-esm 0
#-mode 0
#-gser 2
#-ethi 10
-etha 0
-asm 1
-mode 1
-fanmin 50
-tstop 85
-mport 0
-r 0

Has anyone experienced hashrate drop in what seems to be a quite consistent matter?
I'm not talking about my rock solid RX570 rigs, they've been absolute beasts for a year now. But I'm struggling with the Vega rig.

All GPUs will hash at ~41MH/s until one decides to drop to 26 for a minute. Then goes back up to 41. This happens regularly.

Surely if it were temp throttling (which seems unlikely as I have the fans running at pretty much 100%) the hashrate reduction would be more gradual... and not bam!... down to 26?

Any clues? I'm on v11.4, latest Adrenalin, Vega56@64, safe softPP table with specific clocks and voltages set in Claymore miner.

Got the same issue but with my rx580 rig, all 7 cards running stable at 31 mh/s. From time to time gpu0 suddenly crashes to a rate around 5-10 mh/s and after a few minutes hits back to 31. There are no error logs showing up, also no incorrect shares and temps are fine. Card has also the same setup as other cards (no oc), kinda strange since it just appeared lately, running currently v 11.5

same issue here
are you using stock rom  with no oc?
In addition to the above, Mr Claymore, your miner reboots my rig every hour. Almost without fail. There's no error in the log, no watchdog issue with GPUs OpenCL issues, nothing. I'm baffled.

1. Unstable speed - I see this issue sometimes on different cards, but I have no idea about the reason - miner executes jobs on GPUs in the same way all the time, but sometimes GPU becomes slower for some time. I noticed that often different "-ethi" value helps, try "-ethi 4" or "-ethi 12" and see if it helps. I think that it must be something related to AMD drivers but I cannot confirm it yet.
2. I have a few rigs on v11.5 and they are working for days until I restart miner to perform some new tests, but I always use non-overclocked cards and default bioses, I have to do it to exclude everything except miner in case of any problems. When you use miner on overclocked/unstable rig you cannot be sure that the reason of the problems is the miner, but of course you will blame it Wink Try to reduce "-ethi" value, if it does not help you can use the version that works fine for you.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Sounds like the miner command prompt window is freezing. It's a known bug. Follow the steps in the README.txt

- Miner freezes if I put cursor to its window in Windows 10 until any key is pressed. Sometimes miner freezes randomly until any key is pressed.
  You should make some changes in Windows:
  https://superuser.com/questions/555160/windows-command-prompt-freezing-on-focus
  https://superuser.com/questions/419717/windows-command-prompt-freezing-randomly?rq=1
  https://superuser.com/questions/1051821/command-prompt-random-pause?rq=1
Activity: 1
Hello Guys. I have strange things happening recently to my machines.
Im mining on ethermine.org and after a while i see that my ethermine stats show NO reported hashrate and some of my machines is offline ( they are all affected)
BUT when i log into my mining rigs and check them THEY ARE WORKING and getting shares
One thing i saw is that the time from the ethermine job that claymore gets DOESNT corresponds with the system time in taskbar when this issue happens.
The time in claymore is like 09:34 AM and my machine system time is 10:50AM or more.
Im using 11.5 and i lost my mind with this. Any help?
Activity: 19
Hi all,

Does anyone knows how to reduce stale shares? Currently I have 10-15% stale shares mining ETH but no invalid shares.

Thanks

What pool?  The faster the pool solves blocks the more likely you will have stales.  Also if the pool difficulty is set too high that will cause stales.  But too low causes a lot of traffic.  Also remember the higher the difficulty the more you are losing on stales because larger shares are worth more.

I am on Ethermine and solo mine ETH. Should I try other pools?
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Hi all,

Thanks

Activity: 84
Merit: 1
I've got another solution for you:

1) Overdrive
2) -r 300 at the end of your bat. It will restart each 4 hours

worked for me
5 hours, maybe??  Actually 4:59 - I use "-r 200" = 3:19
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
Managed to squeeze 47.9mhs from my vega56 on 11.5

i was having DAG issues too with DEV FEE and mining on Pirl with my AMD RX rig

kept restarting miner, freeze, hashrate would drop...

see my above post and config file and let me know if you changed anything on yours and still having issue too

After total shares 2265 press 's' -
ETH: Connection lost, retry in 20 sec...

After press 'r'

after that's :
TH: Received error: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":4,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Worknotfound"}}
ETH: Received error: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":4,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Worknotfound"}}
ETH: Received error: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":4,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Worknotfound"}}

And it minning again. This is not first time. Where is problem ?

This looks like an connection error; ie. the miner can't connect to the pool.
Activity: 14
I am with Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB, i use -ethi 16 but actually i dont know why.....i just dont see any difference wih or without -ethi parameter.
I tried ethi 4,8,12,16 - no difference

I have to be honest, the only reson I added in the -ethi argument was to avoid the miner having to detect what value to use, especially with the rig restarting once in a while because of the 0 fan speed picked up by Polly.

For me, faster startup means faster $$$.  Wink
I haven't got a crash or miner restart yet from the DAG on DEV FEE running the below config
I tried a couple different options on ETH mining mode only to start, just for troubleshooting.

weird thing is I haven't seen the DEV FEE, dev mining start show up on screen yet.. not sure if thats in the backgroudn from the options im rumming in config now but anyone have some feedback let me know.

you will see the lines with # that i have turned OFF for now as i was trying different things.... -allpools 1 -allcoins -1 -allcoins 1  would always cause miner restart after DAG on DEV FEE...

-epool stratum+tcp://lb.geo.pirlpool.eu:8002
-ewal MYWalletAddress
-epsw x
-eworker RX-Miner
#-allpools 1
-allcoins etc
#-allcoins exp
#-allcoins -1
#-dpool stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252
#-dwal
#-dpsw x
-esm 0
#-mode 0
#-gser 2
#-ethi 10
-etha 0
-asm 1
-mode 1
-fanmin 50
-tstop 85
-mport 0
-r 0

same issue here
are you using stock rom  with no oc?

Activity: 55

You did not mention GPU, but I am using -ethi 10 on Red Devil RX470 4GB and -ethi 14 on MSI Armor RX480 4GB

I am with Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB, i use -ethi 16 but actually i dont know why.....i just dont see any difference wih or without -ethi parameter.
I tried ethi 4,8,12,16 - no difference
Activity: 19
Hi all,

Thanks
i use -ethi 16 , any disadvantage?

You did not mention GPU, but I am using -ethi 10 on Red Devil RX470 4GB and -ethi 14 on MSI Armor RX480 4GB
Activity: 55
i use -ethi 16 , any disadvantage?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Is there a benefit to using the new ethermine ssl connection?
i.e lower fee? better shares?

I can confirm that the miner is behaving well with my cards with the following OCs:

NVidia GTX 1050ti: +600 memory, -100 gpu clock and 75% power (samsung memory)
AMD RX470 4GB: 1500 mem straps, 96 TDP, 1125 gpu clock, 2000MHz memory
AMD RX480 4GB: 1500 mem straps, 104 TDP, 1125 gpu clock, 2000MHz memory
Jump to: