Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 308. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Hi Claymore

Please note that 3gb cards have now reached there dag limit on ethereum.

problem now is that even if we start mining coins that have much smaller dags, when DEVFEE mining starts it tries to find eth which the cards can no longer handle so the miner crashes.

Please create more alternate DEVFEE mining pools for DEVFEE mining .
Thanks
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Try uninstalling all of the AMD bloat especially Wattman.

I like to have the BIOS flashed with good fam and temp settings.  Then that becomes the default.
Good job Claymore team. With 11.5 stale shares reduced from 7% to 3%. After 48 hrs full stable with RX cards.

is your reported(mining rate in claymore not effective) hashrate fluctuating at all? Are you using oldkernels?

Activity: 100
Merit: 6
Can someone please help or advise

Claymore doesn't show does not GPU temperature and fan status so I can't use fan and temrature related controls. Commands like -tt, -ttdcr, -ttli, -tstop, -tstart, -fanmax, -fanmin

RX 580 pulse 8 GB GPUs
Driver version 23.20.782.0
Driver date 20/10/2017
Radeon-Software-Crimson-Relive-Edition-17.10.2
MotherBoard B250 MINING EXPERT
Windows 10 ent edition x64

I am able to control fan and temprature via MSI afterburner

UPDATE

Updated to radeon version 18.2.1, using Compute mode now. Good thing that hashrate gone up by 2 Mh/s each card.

temperature and fan stats started showing fine until rig crashed.

and now after the reboot same issue - can't see fan and temperature stats. seems like some sort of bug in claymore.

Can someone advise if they have seen the problem?

Has someone seen the issue? Is there some setting in driver?

Update 2

Issue: temperatures and fan settings break with latest amd drivers once rig crashes for some reason (example power outage)

Finally found the issue listed here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2574589.40

it's AMD drivers causing the issue, claymore needs to update the code to get over the issue. It's pain in nack that claymore can't control fan, temp or OC settings

Update 3 - final one for now Smiley

the problem is with the latest amd drivers where in case your rig crashes for some reason, you can't control temp and fan via claymore. For me, it was also causing blue screen on windows 10.

Reverted back to blockchain drivers came in Aug 2017. Fixed the issue.

@Claymore - can you please test the compatibility with latest AMD drivers and fix this in future updates.
Activity: 100
Merit: 6
Is anyone of you guys has a radeon driver recommendation for this 11.5 version of claymore? O experience crash very 2hrs, need someone's help. Thanks

Adrenalin 18.3.1 (putting the cards compute mode of course) working fine for me with Claymore 11.4.
Didn't go to the 11.5 because i finetuned my OCsettings for 11.4...

Thanks, i will going to try the latest driver, I still using 17.2.2 of radeon relive, so the stable version is 11.4 is that right?

these latest drivers break fan and temperature control.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2574589.40

In nutshell, when you install these new driver for the first time, controls appear fine. In my case, the problem started after a rig crash (blue screen) and then after logging in got message that "wattman settings restored to default". Lost fan and temperature controls.

this is fixable by completely removing drivers and reinstalling everytime the issue happens but this is a lot of work so I moved back to blockchain drivers which are working fine for me.
Activity: 64
Good job Claymore team. With 11.5 stale shares reduced from 7% to 3%. After 48 hrs full stable with RX cards.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Can anyone confirm DAG file limitations using 1060 3gb under windows 10 vs windows server?

I am unable to generate the DAG (epoch 176). I fresh installed windows 10 without any windows updates as well without a fix.

Anyone having similar problems or lack of problems running windows server 2016?

if you have a GTX 1060, you should mine other coins. you are wasting your hashpower
Activity: 35
Can anyone confirm DAG file limitations using 1060 3gb under windows 10 vs windows server?

I am unable to generate the DAG (epoch 176). I fresh installed windows 10 without any windows updates as well without a fix.

Anyone having similar problems or lack of problems running windows server 2016?
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
Is anyone of you guys has a radeon driver recommendation for this 11.5 version of claymore? O experience crash very 2hrs, need someone's help. Thanks

Adrenalin 18.3.1 (putting the cards compute mode of course) working fine for me with Claymore 11.4.
Didn't go to the 11.5 because i finetuned my OCsettings for 11.4...

Thanks, i will going to try the latest driver, I still using 17.2.2 of radeon relive, so the stable version is 11.4 is that right?
My 6x580 8gb Hynix/Samsung 180mhs with 930w. 1200/2150. Can someone have better OC settings or i need to flash my gpus again instead of one click timing?

Thanks

Try 1200/ 2170 for the hynix and the Samsung is able to do a lot of output with 2000.
Activity: 13
My 6x580 8gb Hynix/Samsung 180mhs with 930w. 1200/2150. Can someone have better OC settings or i need to flash my gpus again instead of one click timing?

Thanks
Activity: 19
Update on my little rig.

Moved from 11 to 11.5 - dual mining XVG - hash rate improved by 0.5 per card but more importantly my stale shares reduced from 6/7% down to 2/3%

I’m using bios mod AMD with Blockchain drivers on win10. I did not try the oldkernels command as all seems to be in order

Strange, my power usage hasn't gone up but ETH M/hs has gone by 1 m/hs.

I will try the other one as you mentioned.

Thanks
Activity: 5
just tested the latest 11.5 version and I got a nice surprise.
as a refresh, I was  still using the 10.6 version, because it gave me the best stable hash rate: 196mhs. from version 11, the hashrate dropped big time (0.800 per card - and I have 13 cards). hashrate for 11.4 was the best for the 11.x series - 194mhs.  and now, testing the 11.5 version i got 197mhs!!! wow... this is better than the 10.6 version. I do not know about stability, as it is only running for 30 minutes.

my rig: 13 rx560 cards, linux (hiveos), every card is bios modded (memstrap+ram overclock) with no hwd mem errors and no bad shares. solo mining, asm -2. did not tested with old kernel as the default settings are giving already the performance above my expectations.

good job!

edit:
does dcri matters when solo mining?
when I tested the 11.4 version, the autodetect function had given me values from 12 to 7 for all my cards. now, with the 11.5 version I got:
Current -dcri values: -dcri 54,48,46,54,50,46,52,52,46,52,44,52,52

So, seems a big change in dcri values between the 2 versions.

Thanks.
Activity: 69
Update on my little rig.

Moved from 11 to 11.5 - dual mining XVG - hash rate improved by 0.5 per card but more importantly my stale shares reduced from 6/7% down to 2/3%

I’m using bios mod AMD with Blockchain drivers on win10. I did not try the oldkernels command as all seems to be in order
Activity: 69
It has worked, but not getting any shares, only get m/hs. Probably will have to keep running for a while.

Supernova account is showing hashes.

You wasting precious power mate. Rather go blake2s as you will make a complete loss against the ASICS.
It has worked, but not getting any shares, only get m/hs. Probably will have to keep running for a while.

Supernova account is showing hashes.
Thanks, let me try this.
Activity: 82
Does anyone knows why I am getting message

DCR: Authorization Failed
:NULL

I am starting dual mining and Eth is running ok but DCR is giving me the above message although it generates hashes but no share.

Any help would be appreciated?

pls post your bat file

here you go my friend:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal 0x789FFf9C69343a33d4f675916BD8A37165eE5655.E1 -epsw x -mode 1 -dpool dcr-gw.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal DsRGTStjvXTf1wkSiEnGzTotWhxHEvqS9kn -dpsw x -dcri 7

You should not put your wallet address in -dwal..the wallet address is associated to your login and worker on the supernova website
you mine to yourlogin.worker and the whilst withdrawing the wallet address you have given on the website is used for it
You should put yourlogin and worker name - (worker is created on the supernova site)

-dwal YourLogin.YourWorkerName
Activity: 5
Version 11.2 doesn't run on CentOS 7 and return a missing libssl-1.0.0 even if not linked with openssl! CentOS 7 have openssl version 1.0.2k installed. Some one run claymore 11.2 on Linux with newer openssl ?

It works fine on Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04, probably you should create a link to your openssl version.

Link won't work, cause you check the version number, and it will be
Code:
#openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.2k-fips  26 Jan 2017
It does not matter want link name is.

Claymore can we please get a build that links to the proper libssl and libcrypt ?   RHEL distributions cannot update.
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
DCR isn't profitable with GPU anymore, and a lot of pools are now open only to ASIC for that coin
Jump to: