Author

Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux) - page 345. (Read 6590565 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Haven't tired th Adreniline 18.3.1 drivers but the 18.2.2 drivers are working with 11.2 for setting the overclock/undervolt/fan settings in Claymore and are very stable.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.2-Release-Notes.aspx

Good to know, thanks. This is what i wanted to hear.

Can you remind me of the process?

-Uninstall previous drivers
-Install new ones
-Something to do with driver signatures or updating for flashed bios?!? Sorry, can't remember...
-Install latest Claymore
Activity: 218
Merit: 10
Hello everyone,
I have just bought some GPUs, Radeon RX470 x 6. I intended to mine ETH, after configuration on MSI Afterburn application I always got this issue below:
3:37:28:438 1308 OC v7, Reset control for GPU 0, close miner right now if you want to use default control from Catalyst
23:37:28:454 1308 OC v7, Reset control for GPU 1, close miner right now if you want to use default control from Catalyst
23:37:28:454 1308 OC v7, Reset control for GPU 2, close miner right now if you want to use default control from Catalyst
23:37:28:469 1308 OC v7, Reset control for GPU 3, close miner right now if you want to use default control from Catalyst
23:37:28:469 1308 OC v7, Reset control for GPU 4, close miner right now if you want to use default control from Catalyst
23:37:28:485 1308 OC v7, Reset control for GPU 6, close miner right now if you want to use default control from Catalyst
My mainboard used to hoar, then my rigs automatically shut down.
I don't why, hope someone can help me.
Many thanks.
Activity: 100
Any one know what the hell is going on with Dwarfpool?  Getting no feedback for the past 8 hours.
Activity: 2
Claymore is working excellent for me, so firstly...thanks!

I would like to mine single ETH mode but use two or more different wallets changing automatically.

Example:
Wallet 1 mines for 11 hours of the day
Wallet 2 mines for 11 hours of the day
Wallet 3 mines for 2 hours of the day

Can this be done easily with claymore or perhaps some windows batch file to open and close miners based on time.  Thanks for you help!

You can do that in Windows. Something like

:loop
start program1
timeout /t certain period
taskkill /im  "program1" /f

start program2
timeout /t certain period2
taskkill /im  "program2" /f

start program3
timeout /t certain period3
taskkill /im  "program3" /f

goto loop

Awesome!!! Its working, I ended up changing it a bit but the general layout is exactly what I wanted!  Thank you very much!
Activity: 97
Can I use somethink to detect when claymore can't connect to the pool and change it? because with epools.txt can you only change pool and not wallet?
Activity: 14
does anyone have issue with 11.2? every so often, i would encounter GPU disabled error, along with OpenCL. To counter that i'd attempt to add -r 60 to the bat to restart each hour. Is that normal that it need to re-jiggle every 60 mins?

using Win10, GTX 1060 6gb, OC +850 mem.

Any thoughts is greatly appreciated.

Yeah, +850 mem is not stable on any miner. Also the gains from +720 and even from very stable +650 are not big enough to counteract the downtime you get from killing your gpus.
Actually, depending on who made the GDDR5 memory, recently built 6GB 1060's all run at +800 memory clock or more.  My new one has been running at +1000 (effectively 2000) since the day I got it and hashes about 15-20% better there than with the default setting.  I have Hynix memory, and since about August GTX 1060 cards made have all had RAM intended to run at 11M instead of 8, so it probably can take more but +1000 is the software limitation of the drivers.  (per the author of "nVidia Inspector" and "Profile Inspector")

Mine's are all GDDR5 Samsung. POWR 65% MEM +785 seems to be stable, no more weird reboot & crashes. slowly tweaking. getting about average +- 24.1Mh/s per card. tempting to add RX580 8G rather as BIOS flash can push it to 29 Mh.
Activity: 17
what driver can I use to control the fans at a fixed speed
Activity: 11
Is there another solution, because it worked fine before the windows defender update, without this plug Huh Huh Huh
Hello

I have a rig with 4 rx570 GPU, it worked fine, and i handled it with teamviewer, because i havn't a screen plugged on it.

but after a windows bitdefender update, i have a strange problem, my hashrate dropped to 16mh/s, so i reinstalled the drivers.

My problem is:

claymore's doesn't work until i plug my rig to a screen.

any idea please??

regards

Then plug cable into the rig GPU 0
If just a cable does not work (did not work for me) use a dummy plug
https://www.amazon.com/Headless-Display-Emulator-Headless-1920x1080-generation/dp/B06XT1Z9TF
Activity: 82
Hello

I have a rig with 4 rx570 GPU, it worked fine, and i handled it with teamviewer, because i havn't a screen plugged on it.

but after a windows bitdefender update, i have a strange problem, my hashrate dropped to 16mh/s, so i reinstalled the drivers.

My problem is:

any idea please??

regards

If just a cable does not work (did not work for me) use a dummy plug
https://www.amazon.com/Headless-Display-Emulator-Headless-1920x1080-generation/dp/B06XT1Z9TF
Activity: 67
Hello

My problem is:

any idea please??

regards

Activity: 11
Hello

My problem is:

any idea please??

regards
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
windows 10 just pushed a windows defender update and found a "virus" in claymore 11.2, didnt find anything before

i know its a false positive but something changed in last update

so another folder exclusion
If You make a folder where all your mining software is held the exclusions cascades from the parent directory, then you only need one exclusion that you never have to update.

If you want to read more just look up group/ user policies with a google search for windows.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
does anyone have issue with 11.2? every so often, i would encounter GPU disabled error, along with OpenCL. To counter that i'd attempt to add -r 60 to the bat to restart each hour. Is that normal that it need to re-jiggle every 60 mins?

using Win10, GTX 1060 6gb, OC +850 mem.

Any thoughts is greatly appreciated.

Yeah, +850 mem is not stable on any miner. Also the gains from +720 and even from very stable +650 are not big enough to counteract the downtime you get from killing your gpus.
Actually, depending on who made the GDDR5 memory, recently built 6GB 1060's all run at +800 memory clock or more.  My new one has been running at +1000 (effectively 2000) since the day I got it and hashes about 15-20% better there than with the default setting.  I have Hynix memory, and since about August GTX 1060 cards made have all had RAM intended to run at 11M instead of 8, so it probably can take more but +1000 is the software limitation of the drivers.  (per the author of "nVidia Inspector" and "Profile Inspector")
Activity: 67
Hi all, have trawled through pages and pages here and haven't seen anything like this.  

Just updated to v11.2 and using Windows 10, 2 cards RX480 and RX580. As soon as I open the program it throws me a windows error "EthDcrMiner64.exe has stopped working" without leaving a log. I tried adding a pause to the batch file but it still doesn't say anything.
Tried v11.1 and had the same problem.
V11.0 works perfectly, and this is what I will use in the mean time.

I have also had this problem with Claymore ZCash miner and also the Cryptonote miner. Zcash miner crashes starting at v9.0 onward and Cryptonote miner crashes from v9.7 onward.
They all have one thing in common, SSL support was added in these versions as has v11.1 in dual miner.
Anyone else have this kind of issue?

I also have linux on another harddrive and have no problems running the new versions of each of these miners listed.

Claymore, is there anything in the code which could be causing this crash?

Smiley
Cheers
Ensure there is AV exclusion for the new versions and you are running it as Admin (if your AV is too strict, sometimes this helps with miners).
Activity: 1
Hi all, have trawled through pages and pages here and haven't seen anything like this.  

Just updated to v11.2 and using Windows 10, 2 cards RX480 and RX580. As soon as I open the program it throws me a windows error "EthDcrMiner64.exe has stopped working" without leaving a log. I tried adding a pause to the batch file but it still doesn't say anything.
Tried v11.1 and had the same problem.
V11.0 works perfectly, and this is what I will use in the mean time.

I have also had this problem with Claymore ZCash miner and also the Cryptonote miner. Zcash miner crashes starting at v9.0 onward and Cryptonote miner crashes from v9.7 onward.
They all have one thing in common, SSL support was added in these versions as has v11.1 in dual miner.
Anyone else have this kind of issue?

I also have linux on another harddrive and have no problems running the new versions of each of these miners listed.

Claymore, is there anything in the code which could be causing this crash?

Smiley
Cheers

Edit: sir4o was correct. I initially thought my AV had exluded the exe files but even though they were listed as excluded they obviously were not, because when I re-excluded the exe files the program magically started working  Roll Eyes

Activity: 4
Feature request: please add x16r (Ravencoin) support.

+1

I would like to have this, too.
Activity: 25
Feature request: please add x16r (Ravencoin) support.
Activity: 20
Hi everyone, I'm using claymore in dual miner mode (ETH with ethermine pool and Pascal with Nicehash pool)
I wanted to ask if you could give some advice on which second coin is most profitable to mine (without having eth drop). Actually i try to mine pascal with Nicehash but the result is very poor (with 17 polaris cards < 2€/day)
thank you!
Activity: 17
Haven't tired th Adreniline 18.3.1 drivers but the 18.2.2 drivers are working with 11.2 for setting the overclock/undervolt/fan settings in Claymore and are very stable.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.2-Release-Notes.aspx

I've tried this driver version and I'm not against fixed fans either, I'm using the -tt -50
Jump to: